Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:58:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs bounties suck...do not believe them  (Read 1835 times)
fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:30:52 PM

It simple dude, if you not wanna paid in token you promote, simply dont do that, almost all icos is selling an idea, they have limited money to spend, thats why they do an ico Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:33:45 PM

Mate, I understand your frustration,because not all ICOs list on exchange andworth the same amount as it used to be during tokensale, BUT ...come on, bounty is launched by team which don't want to waste money in ETH, they want to make community around project and without giving out tokens it impossible
okaypool

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:36:49 PM

Well, firstly - if you are so scrupulous - there are projects that pay in the ethereum for the work. Secondly, no one forces you to participate in bounty companies. This is my personal opinion, without insults and claims
nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:37:56 PM

My thought is that ICO bounties did not force anyone to join, you join freely at your own willing, after reading their rules, So since you join freely which ever out come you see, you should take it in a good faith, there is a VIP campaign maybe you should join that because it pays well.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
DarkTaiga

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:41:03 PM

I run a media company, and deal with a lot of ICOs. What I noticed was that all these ICOs want top-notch articles & videos about them but they insist on paying in their token or want it for free. They think they are doing a service by giving bounties. What they don't realize is that their token is useless most of the time. Most of the bounties done by ICOs are bad.

Bounty hunters always know this, the tokens are useless until they are listed on the exchanges. Your opinion about the bounty campaign is not right. But I think ICOs that pay for other services with their tokens are wrong. If they want to use the outside service , they should pay cash or common cryptocurrency.
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:42:07 PM

You should not generalise and group all ICOs in the same pot. As you are very aware, marketing is the key for the dissemination of the project and it is a necessary step to undertake. Obviously there are lots of fake and scam ICOs which will not reward you are they should. And you should fight them making bad advertimsement. In a blink of an eye, you will be surprised about the change. The community will just follow the example.
MOG247

Activity: 223

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:43:19 PM

You have a good point op. I think it's high time bounty hunters are paid with BTC or ETH value and not their token. Some ICOs token are just as useless as anything even when they get listed.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:47:22 PM

You might have gotten into scam ICO's all the time I believe and thats the reason you hate them so much. But to be honest you are not wrong with whatever experience you have got. Many times it happens that we never end up having good ICO's and only see scams everywhere. In ordinary time also crypto currencies projects are dangerous one to trust them completely and out of 50 you may have only 3-5 projects getting success and sometime in them also the values of the tokens are either below expected one or it may never recover for moths. So yeah there is problem with them but for those who wants to try they never stop.
Kuzja

Activity: 115

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 06:59:06 PM

Unfortunately, there is some truth in this. Of course, not all ISOs are bad, but nevertheless there are a lot of useless tokens that hang in wallet without price.
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:28:52 PM

You have a good point op. I think it's high time bounty hunters are paid with BTC or ETH value and not their token. Some ICOs token are just as useless as anything even when they get listed.

for bounty hunters it is really good but for the projects it is not,because bounty are quite useless nowadays
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:39:45 PM

I run a media company, and deal with a lot of ICOs. What I noticed was that all these ICOs want top-notch articles & videos about them but they insist on paying in their token or want it for free. They think they are doing a service by giving bounties. What they don't realize is that their token is useless most of the time. Most of the bounties done by ICOs are bad.

Like:

1) Write 500-1000 words article on us for 300 of my useless tokens (which won't be coming on an exchange and will be used only on our platfrom. And you won't get free service but 25% discount Smiley )
2) Or make a 5 min video for us and post it on your YouTube. You need to have 5000+ subscribers and praise us to get our useless tokens.

I am not making fun of any ICO, just pointing a fact out on how these tokens are just polluting the market.

If you are an ICO or running an ICO, please pay the right price in a currency that works (Eth, BTC, Euro etc). Your tokens are useless for agencies. They take out their time and resources to make a good campaign for you.

Secondly, if your ICO does not have money..it should be red flagged for a potential scam.

What are your thoughts? Are bounties good or bad?

What do you mean by " ICo does not have money then it should be flagged as scam" ? In most cases if they have not money , they failed as ICO that is it.

You have some truth in this post, if you think of what is happening. They are collecting something with value and emitting tokens which are valued only by potential buyers. For example, if people already invested in big ICo like 25 mil worth of ETH, when token goes out the market cap is valued on money they raised ( if the exchange price is right) but in reality, this is BS! There is not enough liquidity for this kind of real marketcap.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
margaret22

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:41:54 PM

I see your point, however, I think we have the choice not participating in an ICO, where we feel their token will be worthless. I know it takes time to research, and find the nice ICO-s, but it worth the time.

rvlrshr

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:46:26 PM

You have a point unless when an ICO is paying Bitcoin or Ethereum in every campaign, but writing blogs making videos and if the project ended up as a scam then your efforts will turn into nothing. try to find a project that is worth the risk.
megaflux7

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:48:19 PM

Seems you have been scammed by lots of icos hence your anger but I have done some really awesome icos in the past that pay with their tokens and it ended up been useful. Most bounties last year paid in ethereum and in bitcoin but there is a new development now where you are only rewarded with their tokens.
goodman4hire

Activity: 291
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 07:55:32 PM

If your going to do much more than fill out a google form for an airdrop you need to do a lot of research on the company your about to work for.  The chances of getting scammed or given a useless token are very high.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:07:52 PM

Like:

1) Write 500-1000 words article on us for 300 of my useless tokens (which won't be coming on an exchange and will be used only on our platfrom. And you won't get free service but 25% discount Smiley )
2) Or make a 5 min video for us and post it on your YouTube. You need to have 5000+ subscribers and praise us to get our useless tokens.

I am not making fun of any ICO, just pointing a fact out on how these tokens are just polluting the market.

If you are an ICO or running an ICO, please pay the right price in a currency that works (Eth, BTC, Euro etc). Your tokens are useless for agencies. They take out their time and resources to make a good campaign for you.

Secondly, if your ICO does not have money..it should be red flagged for a potential scam.

What are your thoughts? Are bounties good or bad?

This post made my day! It is of a few months ago but every word here is totally actual and should be engraved in marble!

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:12:09 PM

Very correct point of view, absolutely agree with you.
I believe that the bountie compaign should be rewarded in BTC or Ethereum. Moreover, the company must pass with ESCROW to ensure compliance with rules and rewards.
Unfortunately there are companies that manipulate the spreadsheet lists, at the end of the company they enter the KYC, etc. in any way not to pay for the work done.
It looks pathetic. What is the future of such a project?
Adeforever

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:18:08 PM

So many useless token bounty hunters do received, i so my friend wallet and saw all the bounty he has received without no value.
mario00

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:50:18 PM

I understand where you are going from and the point you are trying to state, but I must say that I do not totally agree with your ideologies. Reason being that, why it is true that some ICO bounties and airdrops are a total waste of time and are mainly scams, there are still some few good ones out there. People just need to be more careful of what they are involving themselves with, and be sure it is worth their time.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:51:45 PM

You are absolutely right. They think that they are doing us a favor and I understand why they make think that but bounties fail to take into account that there is always a possibility that their project will crash and burn and we will be left with useless coins after all of our hard work. I think it is time that bounties start paying out in eth and btc again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: