Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:36:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep these things in mind when you are into crypto world  (Read 1505 times)
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:54:08 AM

Thank you for your advice, but I think it is not good time to take part in ICOs, most of the ICOs have not enough value, but so much risky.
You need to choose the things in which you are very much sure that participating in that thing will give you an opportunity of having a better earning and that if you are not comfortable with ICO’s, it is better not to go for it. Other than this, you can also participate in any of the bounty campaign as this is also one of the best possible way of making more earnings and that too without any investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:08:42 PM

Thank you for your advice, but I think it is not good time to take part in ICOs, most of the ICOs have not enough value, but so much risky.

There is a concept in business which states, "the higher the risk, the higher the return." Indeed, ICOs are extremely risky to invest in, but choose the right one and you can turn a few hundred dollars to millions! You don't need to look far, just look at bitcoins. BTC started like $0.000001 or even a lot more zeroes. That translates to millions of dollars if you bought some back when it started.
Exactly! And the good thing is that if you are even able to identify to some good extent the ICO that is not worth it, based on the team, the availability of product and how relevant that product can be or useful to the world entirely, then you should at least know you are taking some calculated risk with the possibility of a high return which even makes ICOs awesome to be a part of. You can only be exposed to a huge risk if you just invest blindly.
marsmyname

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:18:54 AM

I agree with you, when we start any investment or trading then we should be-careful and search about it mustily, Otherwise a big loss is waiting for us, if we start trading with search. Once a time, i started investment in a site without any search and later on this site was scam me. So that was a bad experience for me, and till now i search firstly and secondly i do start, and as you explain these are basic and necessary rules, every new trader should follow these.
Yes i can see, you are hero member now , which shows that you are experienced now  Smiley

Time teach us those things which no one can teach.
It is a common principal that you get to know more number of things at time when you spend your time on a specific thing. Same is the case when you talk about any of the crypto currency. If you will remain there in this world for longer period, then you will surely be able to learn far more things and that you will be able to get higher ranks as well while being part of any of the bounty campaign.

justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:38:38 AM

I agree with you, when we start any investment or trading then we should be-careful and search about it mustily, Otherwise a big loss is waiting for us, if we start trading with search. Once a time, i started investment in a site without any search and later on this site was scam me. So that was a bad experience for me, and till now i search firstly and secondly i do start, and as you explain these are basic and necessary rules, every new trader should follow these.
Yes i can see, you are hero member now , which shows that you are experienced now  Smiley

Yeah, time always do, but sometimes those who are smart and new to some things always ask questions and learn from those who have made the mistake. The reason why a lot of people always make mistakes is because they usually believe everything is just okay without trying to see how they can always make things better.

However, it is not like mistakes are bad, at least they make you learn, but the reason why a lot of people document their mistakes is so others can learn from it. For instance, a newbie seeing what you have posted and smart enough to utilize it, will hardly find himself being a victim of scam.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
quality.crypto

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:39:29 AM

There is a concept in business which states, "the higher the risk, the higher the return." Indeed, ICOs are extremely risky to invest in, but choose the right one and you can turn a few hundred dollars to millions! You don't need to look far, just look at bitcoins. BTC started like $0.000001 or even a lot more zeroes. That translates to millions of dollars if you bought some back when it started.
Exactly! And the good thing is that if you are even able to identify to some good extent the ICO that is not worth it, based on the team, the availability of product and how relevant that product can be or useful to the world entirely, then you should at least know you are taking some calculated risk with the possibility of a high return which even makes ICOs awesome to be a part of. You can only be exposed to a huge risk if you just invest blindly.

In the beginning, they are not exposing anything about the product, just they are giving demo video how the product is going to be. By seeing it we cannot able to conclude that project will reach the new milestone in the world, of course, the team is also main important but how can we correlate all these things at one place.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:47:11 PM

You need to choose the things in which you are very much sure that participating in that thing will give you an opportunity of having a better earning and that if you are not comfortable with ICO’s, it is better not to go for it. Other than this, you can also participate in any of the bounty campaign as this is also one of the best possible way of making more earnings and that too without any investment.

bounty campaigns is still the same as ico because majority of bounty are run by an ico and that simply means they are still both risky. ive been also a participant of most bounty ico campaigns on the past and i also experienced getting scammed , not once not twice but most of the time and i feel pretty pissed off. that is why after i ranked up to much higher rank , i decided to quite joining bounties because my efforts will only got wasted for nothing even though i successfully completed their task. but overalll ico bounties do have a high potential when it comes to earning big when compared to other methods.
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:59:35 PM

This is a good tips specially to those who are planning to invest in any ICO. A lot of scams in a cryptoworld and if you didn’t make any effort to study the project you’ll be a victim of scam, let’s keep our money always on the safe side even the risk is high.
yes, I agree with you because I have experienced it when I do an investment activity on an ICO program but it turns out it was just a scam. and of course it would be an experience for me to be more selective in choosing ICO to make an investment. and over some tips presented OP obviously it is very helpful.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:03:05 AM

It can be worth to invest in icos but you need to be very careful, which is one of the biggest mistakes people make, they do not take the time to make a real effort to see if the ico is legitimate or if it is not, if all the investors took that time I'm pretty sure that we will have a lower number of scams and if that was the case maybe cryptocurrency ads will not have gotten banned by Facebook and Google.
AMHURSICKUS

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:28:59 AM

All of these are true, i always keep all of these in my mind, so that i can never made any mistake.
All of these tips are just a simple tips that you can easily learn and do. And the other tips will takes more experience and time in order to know all of that.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:34:35 AM

Yes i can see, you are hero member now , which shows that you are experienced now  Smiley

Yeah, time always do, but sometimes those who are smart and new to some things always ask questions and learn from those who have made the mistake. The reason why a lot of people always make mistakes is because they usually believe everything is just okay without trying to see how they can always make things better.

However, it is not like mistakes are bad, at least they make you learn, but the reason why a lot of people document their mistakes is so others can learn from it. For instance, a newbie seeing what you have posted and smart enough to utilize it, will hardly find himself being a victim of scam.
You do not automatically learn from your mistakes, that is an error, if you want to learn from your mistakes you need to stop and think why you made a mistake and how you can avoid it, which is one of the reasons of why people that invest in a scam ico and never take the time to think why they were scammed end up investing in another scam coin and lose even more money as a result.
bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:35:34 AM

You need to be extra vigilant when you are involved in any such activity which demands investing of your money or something based on which all of your earnings will be decided. At time when you are into the crypto world , you need to take care of number of things and that you need to keep on increasing the knowledge which you have regarding the things and that you need to keep a close eye on the market.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:53:59 AM

I add some, look at their announcement thread and their telegram group. If the team/admin project is inactive and rarely answer many questions from people, it's a red flag because it means they don't care about it and they make that project only for quick bucks, collect the money from ICOs and run out in the end.
abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:07:40 AM

Hello everyone,

I am in crypto world from August 2017 and learn a lot and still have to learn a lot.

Let me share few things with you which are very important.

How to find weather ICO is scam or not

There are few things which we can check to avoid scams.

1. Do check their whitepaper , if you don't have any technical knowledge then you can take help from google to comes to know about project reviews because there are many website who review about ICO's
2. Do check their Team members, try to find their social accounts and do some background about them and their past experience.
3. Check out their Roadmap, check out discussion of projects on bitcointalk,reddit,telegram and other social channels.
4. Check their partnership details. Try to contact their partners to confirm it.

As once you select that you want to participate in ICO, then what you have to keep in mind.
1. No one from team member will contact you personally through telegram or other channels to contribute to you. Only ways of contribution are either through their website or that is mentioned on their website.
2. There are many fake admin profiles on telegram , they will personally message you and will give you contribution address to send ETH/BTC or whatever. Don't listen to them and ban them immediately.
3. Only trust official websites, Admin and team member.
4. you will get email from hackers , don't open them.
5. use 2fa and other securities to your accounts on exchanges.

Recently i get email from fake cryptopia exchange team that someone is trying to access my account. I click on that link and found that it was almost similar to real cryptopia link. So avoid these types of email.

If you have any question or need any help, leave your post below. I will try my best to help all of you.

Thank you and all the best.

You got this right guide. Whitepaper will tell what the project will be doing and who will benefit it. The people behind also that project will be one factor that will affect. If the team behind don't have any experience on that field they are promoting on their project then that project will not succeed. The guides is a very helpful one. But you can also check a review online to check if it's a scam or not.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:54:50 AM

This is why many are also taking advantage of the telegram groups by displaying themselves and disguising as the admin's, there's no way to stop this but to give public awareness.

There are also scammers on twitter.

Just like by visiting those announcements from the developers, there are these like giveaways that are being held through that.

When there is some instructions that dictates to send you xx amount of eth or bitcoin to an address, that's an obvious scam.

coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:08:36 PM

Being risky does not mean you cannot take part in it, what is important is for you to know how to minimize the risk to your advantage. We may say because of the risk, we want to stay away, but at the same time, staying away will also make you miss the best part of it. The advantage of ICO is to be a part of a great project from the start and early adopters always end up having the best in any case. Once you can do your diligence with proper scrutiny, then you should be fine.

-snip
Scammers are everywhere and probably due to the prime advantage of cryptos, being anonymous, these scammers may have some extra edge. But being careful in common weapon everywhere which will protect us for sure.
rankguide

Activity: 216
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:46:51 AM

Good Tips. But you can invest in ICO. Check ICO KYC Report, Whitepaper, Team Members and how roadmap work.
ICO are risky, but if know which ICO are legit you will never lose.
JMD07

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:55:50 AM

Hello everyone,

I am in crypto world from August 2017 and learn a lot and still have to learn a lot.

Let me share few things with you which are very important.

How to find weather ICO is scam or not

There are few things which we can check to avoid scams.

1. Do check their whitepaper , if you don't have any technical knowledge then you can take help from google to comes to know about project reviews because there are many website who review about ICO's
2. Do check their Team members, try to find their social accounts and do some background about them and their past experience.
3. Check out their Roadmap, check out discussion of projects on bitcointalk,reddit,telegram and other social channels.
4. Check their partnership details. Try to contact their partners to confirm it.

As once you select that you want to participate in ICO, then what you have to keep in mind.
1. No one from team member will contact you personally through telegram or other channels to contribute to you. Only ways of contribution are either through their website or that is mentioned on their website.
2. There are many fake admin profiles on telegram , they will personally message you and will give you contribution address to send ETH/BTC or whatever. Don't listen to them and ban them immediately.
3. Only trust official websites, Admin and team member.
4. you will get email from hackers , don't open them.
5. use 2fa and other securities to your accounts on exchanges.

Recently i get email from fake cryptopia exchange team that someone is trying to access my account. I click on that link and found that it was almost similar to real cryptopia link. So avoid these types of email.

If you have any question or need any help, leave your post below. I will try my best to help all of you.

Thank you and all the best.
Well, you've learned a lot until now I'm also happy about it.
But for some new users they tend not to pay attention to it all, they just do it without caring about the background of the ICO, so not a few people who lose by not paying them, or even ICO coins that they follow even disappear from crypto.

Some of them are too lazy to read the white paper, what they usually do is to ask and try to look for the current status of a specific coin here in the community. Although its an effective strategy, but its still different when youre educated about the background of the ICO that you participated in.
On the other hand, I also recieved an email from that fake crytopia team, but I dont usually click on the links attached in the mail. Instead I open the website directly from my bookmark.
Rite. Many people don't go through whitepaper. They check youtube videos and reviews from people. To be very frank there are many people who don't have any technical knowledge so they avoid to read these things and trust their friends, referrers and other things and some people are too lazy to read it  Grin

Yes it is good to open link by manually type or from bookmarks.

We should avoid shortcuts as not to loss our money. Follow the learning process and don't make an investment without a solid proof that it's a good project. Although even if we scrutinize those ICO's still some projects failed to make it due to some reasons. I hope a regulation will be implemented to minimize those less potential projects to launch a ICO.
melliana

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:41:54 AM

I would like to add a little, keep in mind that the credibility of a manager who carries an ICO project is required as a consideration (in deciding to participate in an ICO project)
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:03:30 PM

-snip
Scammers are everywhere and probably due to the prime advantage of cryptos, being anonymous, these scammers may have some extra edge. But being careful in common weapon everywhere which will protect us for sure.
Yes those scammers are really tactical due to the feature of cryptocurrencies of being anonymous.

And they can see the advantage on it if they will pursue their shady activities. I'm worried to those new investors but will land to the wrong people and investment.

The impact that it will bring to that investors will make them pessimistic to crypto's once they became a victim.

Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:58:25 PM

-snip
Yes those scammers are really tactical due to the feature of cryptocurrencies of being anonymous.

And they can see the advantage on it if they will pursue their shady activities. I'm worried to those new investors but will land to the wrong people and investment.

The impact that it will bring to that investors will make them pessimistic to crypto's once they became a victim.
Case to case basis since possible results would be depending on how people would rush in on involving theirselves into crypto.If one is sensible enough then this forum would really be a great help for him to avoid potential risk on getting scammed.You should read up things into this forum and learn up things which you havent known before and you will surely save yourself on getting scammed.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████