Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:58:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep these things in mind when you are into crypto world  (Read 1513 times)
Jercyhora2

Activity: 504
Merit: 23

Epsilon Omega

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:59:52 PM

[/qoute]
As once you select that you want to participate in ICO, then what you have to keep in mind.
1. No one from team member will contact you personally through telegram or other channels to contribute to you. Only ways of contribution are either through their website or that is mentioned on their website.
2. There are many fake admin profiles on telegram , they will personally message you and will give you contribution address to send ETH/BTC or whatever. Don't listen to them and ban them immediately.
3. Only trust official websites, Admin and team member.
4. you will get email from hackers , don't open them.
5. use 2fa and other securities to your accounts on exchanges.

Recently i get email from fake cryptopia exchange team that someone is trying to access my account. I click on that link and found that it was almost similar to real cryptopia link. So avoid these types of email.

If you have any question or need any help, leave your post below. I will try my best to help all of you.

Thank you and all the best.
[/quote]

This is what I like the most in your post, like in the situation #1, I several experience that someone is actually messaging me in private. They're trying hard to convinced me to invest.
Accept the fact that no one will messaging you if you want to invest/contribrute in their platform.

Thanks for this bro.
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 622

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:35:44 AM

-snip
Scammers are everywhere and probably due to the prime advantage of cryptos, being anonymous, these scammers may have some extra edge. But being careful in common weapon everywhere which will protect us for sure.
Yes those scammers are really tactical due to the feature of cryptocurrencies of being anonymous.

And they can see the advantage on it if they will pursue their shady activities. I'm worried to those new investors but will land to the wrong people and investment.

The impact that it will bring to that investors will make them pessimistic to crypto's once they became a victim.
Case to case basis since possible results would be depending on how people would rush in on involving theirselves into crypto.If one is sensible enough then this forum would really be a great help for him to avoid potential risk on getting scammed.You should read up things into this forum and learn up things which you havent known before and you will surely save yourself on getting scammed.
In rush or not but if these new investors aren't so wise and doesn't have time to do enough research on where they are putting their money, they can still be a victim of those scams.

The forum is really a big help to determine on who are those scams and legit but everyone must be aware too that the forum does have a lot of scammers that are also looking for their victims and silently attacking those new investors.

Just like those spam PM's that we are receiving. These ICOs that are advertised through those PM's shall not be entertained.

drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:06:29 AM

This is why many are also taking advantage of the telegram groups by displaying themselves and disguising as the admin's, there's no way to stop this but to give public awareness.

There are also scammers on twitter.

Just like by visiting those announcements from the developers, there are these like giveaways that are being held through that.

When there is some instructions that dictates to send you xx amount of eth or bitcoin to an address, that's an obvious scam.
There are many scammers like that and they are everywhere so the only thing we can do to protect ourselves is to not be so dumb, scammers are very smart somehow they are able to get the list of everyone that invested in an ico and then they send them malicious emails trying to get their private keys and unfortunately many people fall for it, so people need to familiarize themselves with the current scams so they can avoid it.
hispout

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:45:34 AM

Thank you for your advice, but I think it is not good time to take part in ICOs, most of the ICOs have not enough value, but so much risky.
Being risky does not mean you cannot take part in it, what is important is for you to know how to minimize the risk to your advantage. We may say because of the risk, we want to stay away, but at the same time, staying away will also make you miss the best part of it. The advantage of ICO is to be a part of a great project from the start and early adopters always end up having the best in any case. Once you can do your diligence with proper scrutiny, then you should be fine.

-snip
Scammers are everywhere and probably due to the prime advantage of cryptos, being anonymous, these scammers may have some extra edge. But being careful in common weapon everywhere which will protect us for sure.
If you are being afraid of taking any such sort of risk in your life, then I don’t really think so that you will be able to make any kind of investment in your life and that you will just have only that much money in your life which you have for now. You need to stay positive and that instead of getting afraid and running away from the risks, the best thing which you can do is that you can go for taking precautionary measures which can help you in staying away from such mishaps.
palle11

Activity: 2338
Merit: 332

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:06:31 AM

The second part of what you wrote is what I agree with. The number one is very true. I do know that an ico that is real won't start sending you private message on telegram or soliciting for btc/eth or another other coins as contribution. They will send whatever message in the general telegram group. That is taken but at same time, I still would not give all my trust in.
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 622

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:41:15 AM

This is why many are also taking advantage of the telegram groups by displaying themselves and disguising as the admin's, there's no way to stop this but to give public awareness.

Just like by visiting those announcements from the developers, there are these like giveaways that are being held through that.

When there is some instructions that dictates to send you xx amount of eth or bitcoin to an address, that's an obvious scam.
There are many scammers like that and they are everywhere so the only thing we can do to protect ourselves is to not be so dumb, scammers are very smart somehow they are able to get the list of everyone that invested in an ico and then they send them malicious emails trying to get their private keys and unfortunately many people fall for it, so people need to familiarize themselves with the current scams so they can avoid it.
Out of their laziness their natural intelligence is coming out in everything that becomes popular, they are creating a way to scam people.

And about those malicious emails, it's been in old days that there are so many email scams that are coming out.\

Now they have upgraded into cryptocurrency so as a protection, don't expose any information relevant to your identity because it can be used against you by these scammers.

nitammys

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:12:12 AM

What you said is good, but some of them are not all that necessary if you’re going to find a something legit. Take for example the one you said that we should check their partners and contact them all to know if they are really into any partnership with the so ICO. You don’t really have to start contacting all their partners to know whether the ICO is legit or not, it doesn’t make any sense. Apart from this, every other thing you mentioned is alright.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:23:44 AM

I add some, look at their announcement thread and their telegram group. If the team/admin project is inactive and rarely answer many questions from people, it's a red flag because it means they don't care about it and they make that project only for quick bucks, collect the money from ICOs and run out in the end.
That is a huge red flag to me if the developers are asking for such a huge amount of money then they need to be very diligent and answer to every single question no matter how dumb possible investors may have if they do not really have the time to do that then that opens a lot of questions about their professionalism and how dedicated they are to make this project a success.
Arkham Knight

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:57:47 AM

Very informative. Those things will surely help our fellow newbie members because that's what I execute in this market that are full of compromise and scams. I know that those will work because I have never experienced hacks.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:21:10 AM

This is really good and will be as a help to newbies in here. As for the case of getting emails from hackers, well, that’s never a new thing though and you don’t have to be into cryptocurrency before hacking will start sending you mails.

It happens to those that are not into cryptocurrency investment, and have even been around before cryptocurrencies were introduced.So if you’re getting into crypto be sure of coming across them, especially when you’re being careless and giving out your info anyhow.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:30:45 AM

Hello everyone,

I am in crypto world from August 2017 and learn a lot and still have to learn a lot.

Let me share few things with you which are very important.

How to find weather ICO is scam or not

There are few things which we can check to avoid scams.

1. Do check their whitepaper , if you don't have any technical knowledge then you can take help from google to comes to know about project reviews because there are many website who review about ICO's
2. Do check their Team members, try to find their social accounts and do some background about them and their past experience.
3. Check out their Roadmap, check out discussion of projects on bitcointalk,reddit,telegram and other social channels.
4. Check their partnership details. Try to contact their partners to confirm it.

As once you select that you want to participate in ICO, then what you have to keep in mind.
1. No one from team member will contact you personally through telegram or other channels to contribute to you. Only ways of contribution are either through their website or that is mentioned on their website.
2. There are many fake admin profiles on telegram , they will personally message you and will give you contribution address to send ETH/BTC or whatever. Don't listen to them and ban them immediately.

Recently i get email from fake cryptopia exchange team that someone is trying to access my account. I click on that link and found that it was almost similar to real cryptopia link. So avoid these types of email.

If you have any question or need any help, leave your post below. I will try my best to help all of you.

I think it's helpful on how to avoid ICO scams. with your experience, this is a very valuable knowledge that you can share here. and obviously this will be a guide for beginners who want to participate there
genology

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:31:14 AM

It will not always progress. All of these are on its introductory stage wherein the growth is really unstable. It is a risky investment but if it grows, you are very lucky. Expect the worst here and handle your investments intelligently.

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:58:22 AM

Hello everyone,

I am in crypto world from August 2017 and learn a lot and still have to learn a lot.

1. Do check their whitepaper , if you don't have any technical knowledge then you can take help from google to comes to know about project reviews because there are many website who review about ICO's
2. Do check their Team members, try to find their social accounts and do some background about them and their past experience.
3. Check out their Roadmap, check out discussion of projects on bitcointalk,reddit,telegram and other social channels.
4. Check their partnership details. Try to contact their partners to confirm it.

This should be pinned post on beginners and help also,
As this idea is really cool and true.
but most members here already know it, This should be for beginners.
As they are the most numbers of victims of the scam and failed ICO.
rankguide

Activity: 216
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:19:50 AM

Must check press release, Team member detail, contact them before investment.
liamnorthcoins

Activity: 211
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:08:17 AM

Hello everyone,

Wow! Thank you very much this is very educating for me. I just join my first ever signature campaign and i think this is very vital for the safe keeping of my hard earn satoshis in the future👍 thank you again!
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:21:18 PM

What you said is good, but some of them are not all that necessary if you’re going to find a something legit. Take for example the one you said that we should check their partners and contact them all to know if they are really into any partnership with the so ICO. You don’t really have to start contacting all their partners to know whether the ICO is legit or not, it doesn’t make any sense. Apart from this, every other thing you mentioned is alright.
You may not have to contact the partners, but really it is a way to go and I would not say it does not make sense. Sure, some of the team may be busy, but those who are looking for a way to make things work and have nothing to hide; you may use that as a means to fish them out.

It could be dropping a quick message to the original handler of any of the advisory board on the legitimacy of the project, or just trying to have a chat, probably video with the team. All that would help a lot. Most times, it is always better to call out on the team.
vudeptraihpv

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:08:39 PM

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences Smiley Smiley Smiley
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:35:15 PM

Out of their laziness their natural intelligence is coming out in everything that becomes popular, they are creating a way to scam people.

And about those malicious emails, it's been in old days that there are so many email scams that are coming out.\

Now they have upgraded into cryptocurrency so as a protection, don't expose any information relevant to your identity because it can be used against you by these scammers.
And unfortunately, those who are dumbed enough to fall for the intelligence of the scammers as you so called are really to be blamed. This is an unregulated environment and we cannot expect that we would not get to see those in the dark world who have always had this mindset of looking for gullible ones to eat raw. As long as we know what to do as an investor and most especially in checking the team, it would always mean a great deal in keeping our money safe.

guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:41:33 PM

The second part of what you wrote is what I agree with. The number one is very true. I do know that an ico that is real won't start sending you private message on telegram or soliciting for btc/eth or another other coins as contribution. They will send whatever message in the general telegram group. That is taken but at same time, I still would not give all my trust in.
Obviously, there are just some things you will see in an ICO that would apparently tell you straight on that this should be an area you should not even delve into. However, I really do not know what the investors who invest in such ICOs think. Apparently, they are so blinded to the idea of just wanting to make a lot of profit without even thinking of the possibility of getting scammed in the process.
neliawesome

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:42:01 PM

Thanks for the info, it is such a big help for me as a newbie in crypto.That is true that there are lots of scammer because even me I experienced those things.Like when I joined in a project someone send private message on me that he/she will help me to earn profit like teaching me how to join in bounty and airdrop in exchange of contributing money and send it to the wallet address he/she posted.Luckily I had read in telegram that they warned about scammers like sending private message to you and pretending as an admin.So the next thing I do is to block that person who send me private message and asking for money.As of now I am having a hard time on looking for a real ICO because there are too many ICO project in this forum and thanks goodness I read your post.I will follow what you said in order to stay away to scammers/fake.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: