Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:41:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin digital gold?  (Read 1180 times)
cyberkuto

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:18:51 AM

The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.

I can considered bitcoin as diamond. Value of it is always on top but of course,  there are times that it's fluctuated.  But many people became successful on it.  Very friendly user and convenient in many ways.  Good investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:54:05 AM

It is a quite not right. gold value is stable, but bitcoin is not.
bitcoin need to be used by everyone, so the price of bitcoin will stable as gold.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
CryptoMark2585

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:08:04 AM

I think its no doubt bitcoin is the next digital cold. its price always increasing if you chek last 1 year graph then u see it why people called btc is the next digital gold last year 2017 this time btc price may be 1400$  and now the price 8 times high so its proven btc is the best asset.
btccointalk

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:28:29 AM

Yes, bitcoin is a digital gold. Nowadays people are investing more on bitcoin than gold.

LindaFallar

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:46:08 AM

For me, Bitcoin could be a digital gold. This belongs to the world of technology where this is use to earn. Nowadays, people use already the high tech rather than the traditional way of earnings or investing.
bitcoinskyrocket09

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:47:44 AM

Well for me it is. Finding and buying gold is not quite easy for a normal and typical human being only people those who have luxurious and right knowledge about btc can buy it and also those people  who are using btc. Imagine that you are buying bitcoin, btc has a value of 8,500usd and that is very big and can buy a lot of stuff. And actually 1 gold bar is 1000usd and up, so in conclusion btc is much valuable than gold. So i can compare it to other.
d@nte

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:55:33 AM

If you understand Proof-of-Work, you'll see that this is a good way to describe Bitcoin.
Just like with gold, anyone can buy a miner to start digging for it. And it has a property that, IMO, is very important for a currency, which is a fixed limit in the supply. You could go beyond, and say that with Bitcoin you can do much more than with gold, since you can send it over the internet without having to rely on third parties.
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:59:08 AM

Yes, It is. In my opinion it's more than a digital gold with all of it potential and limited supply.
You can exchange it for fiat, property... manything else like GOLD but it's better than gold!
So why it isn't digital gold?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 04:01:12 AM

bitcoins like digital gold, valuable investment assets and can also be used for transactions. but what makes them both different is the price issue. bitcoin fluctuates, while gold prices are more stable and tend to increase every year.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:13:13 AM

You can say that it is like and most probably the digital gold. I like the terms of it since it resembles the value as of that gold. The more you keep your btc the more you are gaining your profits in the future if it's value increased. Though some characteristics of gold can't meet by bitcoin . For an instance, gold can be used as a conductor of heat while bitcoin is just a consumer (in terms of mining).
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:14:09 AM

yes it is that's the only thing Bitcoin is successful about storing value, a commodity, it failed to be a currency and money. do you think "most" of the people here buy BTC to exchange goods and services nope I think not they are buying as an investment like gold.

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
tiger2monkey

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:21:36 AM

I think so. I tend to think that bitcoin is more of a digital gold for storing value than a currency due to its high value, high transaction fee and low transaction speed. With the advance of lightning network and other scaling solutions, using bitcoin as a day to day transaction currency may become possible.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
andylowe

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:25:08 AM

I think so and I think it is also paved the way for other digital assets and contracts but like gold it is the first agreed upon asset but this time completely digital. We will definitely see tons of others come and go but like gold, it still have value and is a storage of wealth.
Yes bitcoin is our digital gold or should we say our future gold that will able to help many people through everything that we needed. Bitcoin is such a great source of income for everyone, it is more useful and more helpful for everyone that really needed this kind of job. This transaction is really a unique form of earning money. Through bitcoin, it will make our life so much easier and can make our life better for the future.
doraegun

Activity: 251
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:49:31 AM

The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.

I think that is the exact definition of BITCOIN in real position of Ctypto currency itself known to be DIGITAL CURRENCY GOLD because  of the image they are using is color gold but it is tangible. so my perception is DIGITAL CURRENCY GOLD in this new generation.

https://VividToken.com   |   PUBLIC SALE  > Jun 8th - Jul 6th
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pdutta
Copper Member

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 05:45:43 AM

It seems to me that both of them are good for investment and have its own value. Bitcoin is like as digital gold and it can be used for payment transactions, bitcoin fluctuates while gold prices are stable. Bitcoin has given good return after long term investment compare to Gold.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
pekcoin01

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 05:52:14 AM

I do not agree with this idea.
Bitcoin will never be as valuable as gold.
In other comments I said something like this.

Gold is not human production, bitcoin is completely human production.
Btcmarmipp2

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:52:26 AM

For now we can say bitcoin is a digital gold because of all the coin only bitcoin has the high value in the market. No such coin surpass bitcoin for the past years.

═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES ═══▦▦═══
ICO TOKEN SALE IS NOW OPEN TO INVESTORS (https://www.4art-technologies.com)
Wahyu aep

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:00:59 AM

the safest way. I suggest that you use a hardware purse. You can buy it in the market. Examples of some are Trezor or the Ledger nano. I myself have Ledger nano. I would definitely recommend it to you. This is probably the safest method if you are careful when handling it. If you lose your hardware wallet or break it, your Bitcoin is most likely missing. So in a nutshell you save the key on a Ledger or paper wallet, etc. and then use a known expenditure key to create a transaction and sign it. Bitcoin is much more valuable than gold. Gold is mine without a definite supply. Which means more and more gold miners, More gold will be available in the market. Bitcoin is different, it has a fixed amount of 21 million and no more after that. Bitcoin is not a digital gold but rather a huge wealth store that allows one to instantly transfer
Athenakim.22

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:02:48 AM

Bitcoin is far closer to gold. It is a digital equivalent of gold. Bitcoin’s supply is strictly limited. There will only ever be 21 million bitcoins. And the code that controls the issuing of the bitcoins is decentralized among thousands, tens of thousands of nodes that operate the bitcoin software. And if it were to change, it would need the majority agreement of everybody involved. Since everybody involved has an interest in maintaining the monetary policy in a way that maintains the value of the money, it is highly unlikely that we’re going to witness any change in the monetary policy. Even technical changes, like changing the block size or various parameters, have been almost impossible to make in bitcoin.

heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:17:29 AM

At present BTC is still criptocurrency#1 and therefore is considered as "digital gold". It is like gold in fiat world (gold also was 1st currency a lot of years ago) 

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████