Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:15:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin digital gold?  (Read 1184 times)
Crowdsale.network

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:34:44 AM

Gold is hard money, and it is very hard for gold miners to increase the supply of gold in the world. Also, major big metal retailers have started accepting Bitcoin payments for gold.
Bitcoin’s supply is strictly limited. There will only ever be 21 million bitcoins. And the code that controls the issuing of the bitcoins is decentralized among thousands, tens of thousands of nodes that operate the bitcoin software. And if it were to change, it would need the majority agreement of everybody involved. In summary, we can say that Bitcoin is far closer to gold, in other words, Bitcoin is a digital equivalent of gold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:40:20 AM

it is not yet because if you look at the gold price, it is stable. but bitcoin price currently not stable.
bitcoin can be digital gold, if the value of bitcoin has stabled like the price of gold.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Nazir0012

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:05:42 AM

Bitcoin is a digital equivalent of gold.Bitcoin cannot be find in nature unlike gold,yes bitcoin is digital gold Because bitcoin is also high in price like gold.Bitcoin is indeed digital gold and it is a way better than physical gold.I still believe that Bitcoin is the new and the digital gold.
bucker steemit

Activity: 302
Merit: 120

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:11:05 AM

I agree if bitcoin is referred to as digital gold. you can see everywhere everyone talks about bitcoin. I think for the future bitcoin can replace gold.

samantha89

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:18:50 AM

as we know, many people who invest gold to save their wealth, but now there are bitcoin and many people are investing in bitcoin. some even move their investment from gold to bitcoin. so I also assume that bitcoin is digital gold. but the gold and bitcoin remain different
nak02

Activity: 512
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:20:04 AM

Bitcoin is a digital equivalent of gold.Bitcoin cannot be find in nature unlike gold,yes bitcoin is digital gold Because bitcoin is also high in price like gold.Bitcoin is indeed digital gold and it is a way better than physical gold.I still believe that Bitcoin is the new and the digital gold.
Yes it is somewhat just like a digital gold that  some people are willing to buy, and that people proves that it is worth to invest at, and for me it is worth to invest compare to stock market or just putting all your money in bank.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:21:52 AM

it is not yet because if you look at the gold price, it is stable. but bitcoin price currently not stable.
bitcoin can be digital gold, if the value of bitcoin has stabled like the price of gold.

So what? There are a lot of assets, which are not stable. Even gold is not that stable. If you remember, during 2012-14, the prices had come down from $1,800 per oz. to $1,200 per oz. Bitcoin is a lot more volatile than gold, but the situation will change as the number of users increase.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:25:41 AM

Bitcoin is not a digital gold it is a digital currency,and it can't be considered as gold too because the price of bitcoin is too volatile but the price of gold is very stable so the basic property also differs from the gold so it is not a digital gold.
aizenbryle

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:36:50 AM

If you compare price of gold and bitcoin, you can assert that it is really true.Gold is an physical asset, while Bitcoin is mainly a crypto currency, but considered as digital asset too, like all crypto currencies almost. In my opinion BTC is even more valuable than gold actually, since its price keep rising faster and it keep having very promising potential.
rjrajonno

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:48:41 AM

The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.
I think bitcoin market already is up.But bitcoin is a very popular coin in our market.So it can keep our mind and earn money.There are many people all day earn more bitcoin.So Bitcoin is as precious as gold. Bitcoin is now gold equivalent to us.
amaydel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:56:04 AM

As bitcoin reached its tremendous success, more articles about comparisons between gold and bitcoin have emerged. They are both very good and sound investment that's why bitcoin is considered to be the new gold in digital form.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 10:21:27 AM

The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.

Yes, I agree with you that Bitcoin is the real digital gold and its value is going to reach the sky limits in coming years and months if there is strong demand continue to rise day by day. I am planning to invest some particular amount of capital in bitcoin alone for every year so that when its value will be increased to 10 times of today's price then will be profited in a big way and it will be proven that bitcoin is really a digital gold of today's generation.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:33:08 PM

Yes bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is the digital gold, in fact much benefial than gold. In ancient times people used to invest their money either in gold or in shares but now with the introduction of BTC, the definition of investment has been changed because it is the safest and the most beneficial way to invest your money and it is much trust worthy, so yes BTC is much better than investing into stocks or gold.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:39:03 PM

Well yes, you can say it is so because of how its investors treat it. As you well should know, die-hard Bitcoin investors give it such a huge intrinsic value to the point that they do not even utilize the same as a payment system, for which it was originally constituted, but a substantial asset they cannot let go of, hence, they keep holding. But then again, I cannot really subscribe to it fully because there are humongous differences in it that require attention. Like for instance, gold is tangible unlike that of Bitcoin. Hence, you can ALWAYS sell gold at a price but you cannot do the same for Bitcoin all the time. That is why as for me, they are not directly counterparts of each other.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:46:35 PM

It is quite understandable that some people compare bitcoin with gold. It's expensive and you can invest in Bitcoin, bitcoin is 'mined' just like gold. But there are some differences. Gold is from the old world and bitcoin is the future. Gold can be seen as a bank asset, while Bitcoin is the opposite.

qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:51:19 PM

Yes, I agree that bitcoin is digital gold, because both have in common, one of them, both have value.

Bitcoin and gold both have an exchange rate, which makes both can be used as a means of payment. In addition, Bitcoin and gold also have relative value to other assets such as currency, stocks, commodities, and so on.
wanted sliter

Activity: 398

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:54:14 PM

Bitcoin can be considered as a long-term investment or payment instrument. The value of gold is maintained by the store and circulation of each country in the market. The value of gold and bitcoin have different regulatory mechanisms. Many people know about gold, you can sell gold right away if you want to, but if you want to sell bitcoin you need the right technical equipment. This subject is quite difficult to cover. There will be a lot of controversy over gold and bitcoin because their nature is not the same.

█▐█ ██   100xCoin   ██ █▌█     {  On Our Way to $1B Market Cap & Beyond  }
⦁  Whitepaper  ⦁    Telegram    ⦁      Twitter      ⦁     Medium     ⦁      Reddit      ⦁
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:57:43 PM

Terming it as 'digital gold' could be a bit of an understatement for Bitcoin as it has outgrown the likes of gold and diamond by a huge margin. We knew about the existence of gold from centuries, dating back to the BC era and yet it has shown barely any significant growth compared to Bitcoin which has grown in a huge fashion just under a decade.

Being the first of its kind, it definitely deserves to be there as the number one until something better comes up and takes over, which is highly unlikely. Ethereum has a long way to go as far as overthrowing Bitcoin as the #1 crypto is concerned.
zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:58:01 PM

BTC I think, for example, take the gold market, this is I do most of a market, in the past few months, everyone has to reduce to the actual demand, I will feel in less demand, the demand for BTC actually increased, if you look at the two markets, both of them are hopes to be able to come out from paper currency system.

We see some more brave into BTC virtual currency areas, why to do up the CTC, the futures contract for BTC more and more as a pattern of a payment system, you can more think the COINS into a form of payment, of course, this is a very volatile market, there are a lot of risk, I mainly if I want to buy some BTC, I really want to make sure that after buying can have a very good settlement.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:14:07 PM

I agree if bitcoin is referred to as digital gold. you can see everywhere everyone talks about bitcoin. I think for the future bitcoin can replace gold.
Naaah, I think that is something booster. Although bitcoins are so superman right now that it is making the world amazed with its amazing feat of success and performance but as far as replacing gold is concerned, definitely this can’t happen. Neither now nor in coming years. But if the time comes after 2 3 decades when bitcoins would be best currency or asset in world, then the chances can relive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: