Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:18:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin digital gold?  (Read 1180 times)
Larrycool

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:29:11 PM

In the actual sense, it can really be considered to be equivalent to gold in virtual currency world by just seeing how much single bitcoin worth. The difference though is that bitcoin is decentralized but risky to invest because of its volatility rates.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrsjrcj

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:51:13 PM

I think yes! Bitcoin is quite similar to gold. Many compare bitcoin with the dollar, but bitcoin is now used as a means of storing valuables, so bitcoin can be compared to gold!
Zagor Tenay

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:02:55 AM

every crypto lover treat btc is a digital gold even myself too. btc is the first and leading cryptocurrency in the world  and its value always increasing its all ready proved its demand .
Matercat

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:12:24 AM

bitcoin is not digital gold but bitcoin is a digital currency that only exists on the internet but has real value and value nyua also exceeds the real currency
lamcouz

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:14:52 AM

The benefit of cyrptocurrency is not about making money in a quick scheme. As you said about decentralize, traders and investors are always seeking freedom of how to manage their funds and cryptocurrency offer the best option for them. Anonymous transactions withouth the banks interference and the ability to earn interest on their capital, more than the banks do , are some of the real benefit of crypto.
bitcoinbot

Activity: 357
Merit: 130

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:33:27 AM

I think yes! Bitcoin is quite similar to gold. Many compare bitcoin with the dollar, but bitcoin is now used as a means of storing valuables, so bitcoin can be compared to gold!
I absolutely agree with you, and the truth is that many compare Bitcoin with the dollar, But it's a little incorrect. Actually, it's wrong to compare with gold: Gold has precious metal, and Bitcoin is just a name, Bitcoin has value only as long as people believe in it.
Ch01ce0N3

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:46:19 AM

I think true bitcoin would be equivalent to even more gold values. Bitcoin will continue to be high in the market. This is the reason why bitcoin is called a gold coin.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
RockHenki

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:00:38 AM

I think bitcoin is not digital gold, but bitcoin is a smart digital money based on blockchain technology, and bitcoin is now used as a means to store valuables, so bitcoin can be compared to gold.
hcoin01

Activity: 135

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:09:09 AM

Crypto currencies are also valuable assets such as gold, silver, diamonds. The difference between Bitcoin and others is that it quickly gains or loses value.
In my eyes the crypto money can never take the place of gold. A gift from the golden world. Crypto money is man-made assets.
Ashong Salonga

Activity: 882
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:10:43 AM

The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.
Yes, bitcoin is a digital gold that is more popular and famous in this generation. Bitcoin is our gold because of its higher price that is more than a gold. Bitcoin is really great and useful for everyone. Bitcoin is for our future so must keep treasuring it. We must keep it and keep trusting it with all our hearts.
I think yes, bitcoin can be compared to gold in a innovative form because bitcoin is a high-tech form of gold because of its high value. If you have a high value of earnings in bitcoin yoh can exchange it into cash which is like a gold if you sell gold it will also be converted into cash thats why I agree to that statement.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
jhayryl

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:20:52 AM

bitcoin is digital because we are not totally able to handle it instead of paying when btc and eth becomes cash it when it comes out with our money equivalent and it's even better because if we do not want it immediately and leave it on btc it is likely that the bitcoin policy will be improved when it comes to working for them.
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:29:33 AM

Bitcoin reminds gold only from historical point of view: there was a point in the past when gold value swiftly grew up and it became one of the most valuable assets and a sources of payment.
Nowadays gold is a physical asset with a very low volatility.
The only common thing is that both gold and Bitcoin are "mined". Smiley
Transformer0101

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:43:08 AM

Oh by the way good all the same, the comparison might be, it is now well used as well used gold, but bitcoin is still not enough, uverenosti in itself. And call his gold of course can be.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
bitcoinskyrocket09

Activity: 239

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:54:31 AM

The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.
It is a yes for me. Bitcoin is a digital gold. Because as we can see and observe, bitcoin is now more popular and more famous in todays generation. It is our gold because of its unending high price that is more than the price of a gold. It is also a really great and useful for every people. It can also be for our future so people must keep treasuring and trusting it.
milah_ah

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:09:16 PM

I consider this comparison a success. Because they are parallel. Bitcoin is a virtual currency, gold is kept in real life
Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 01:19:19 PM

yes if you can that bitcoin is a digital gold than its right because many persons who involving with the gold investing in this trade and hold  it for a long time now the same treatment many persons who know about bitcoin is investing on it and earning a handsome revenue so its a digital gold no dought about to say it.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
haxker007

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:16:50 PM

Btc is the main currency in the crypto world and in the event that we contrast this and the gold then it can likewise be said that it is digital gold yet in the event that we say that it is currency it will be all the more clear and clarified. Btc regards hold simply like gold Btc is likewise significant and the holding is additionally profitable while in the event that we keep Btc it is normal that Btc will hit 15000 $ soon.
adadaorlina

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:47:45 PM

For me, I can say is that bitcoin is digital gold  because it is also a valuable thing in which you only the one who knows about it , only that bitcoin it is circulating in the digital world, in terms of value it has a high value that you can use it to pay and transact for business. Bitcoin is really great and useful for everyone. Bitcoin is for our future so must keep treasuring it. We must keep it and keep trusting it with all our hearts and  it is also popular and many investor keep it is as a treasure.
BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:01:09 PM

Bitcoin definitely is the digital gold, there is no other coins that can take over bitcoin place. Bitcoin's technologies and special features make it very famous and it is the first coins success to be well known by others. That 's why i think it is the digital gold.

alroys

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:14:54 PM

I also think that Bitcoin is Digital Gold. Gold and Bitcoin can both be made investment by investors, both also have a high price. But I think Bitcoin is better than gold in terms of providing an opportunity to be more successful investors. Bitcoin prices can go up fast, of course this will give more benefits for its investors, while Gold is more stable than Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: