Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:27:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail  (Read 319585 times)
xmonkeyx

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 11:16:13 AM

Of the many conversations that I have heard today, ICO is hardly a thing that is liked by many investors. Maybe because of several factors that happened, one of them might be what you said, or there was something else I didn't know.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Garant581

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 12:09:15 PM

There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.

This post was written at that difficult time, when the ICO market died altogether, the projects did not collect the Softcap, and if they collected, they entered the market with huge losses. Now the situation has changed and I believe that the ICO market has a great future again, because in IEO people don’t believe (except for BINANCE thanks to their lottery)
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 12:29:53 PM

Your posted facts are true, but I think that the biggest problem is that the team is not as responsible as they present, they simply can´t create what they promise. Or even they can, they do not have any motivation because they already have money from token sale.  Roll Eyes
Ureung jameun

Activity: 412
Merit: 13

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 12:38:27 PM

If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"

according to my observation, why have many ICOs failed because there are several factors that we often find from various ICOs that are launched ... the first because the Team is not Valid or illegal ... which makes investors hesitant to invest in the ICO ... and then because the Roadmap is unclear and too long ... so investors have to think long to have to wait a long time to be able to benefit from the ICO ...

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
Samboo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 12:39:28 PM

There are many scores of new ICOs hitting the market every month, and the interesting fact is that most of them are the same in terms of goals, technologies. As a result to some extent, they fail to attract required investors. I think a project different from the rest can still do well in the market. Good team, unique goals, technology can attract as many as investors.

joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 01:44:32 PM

ICO fails always because:

- The team member are not honest and not transparent to their community here.
- Most of their updates are just hyped
- Their road map or whitepaper is unclear or most of the time fake only.
- The project is not that attractive to their investors.
- The community numbers are too few only in the telegram, Facebook, Twitter and others.
Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 02:08:31 PM

Of cource there are lots of reasons for the ICO come to fail. Since it's is not feasible, it's not develop in reality. If you smart enough you should look at more deep inside at some ico like the technology they develop it, then a talented and dedicated team, an some experienced  team, if they don't have that then absence of an ico will surely come to a end.

torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 02:20:29 PM

Your posted facts are true, but I think that the biggest problem is that the team is not as responsible as they present, they simply can´t create what they promise. Or even they can, they do not have any motivation because they already have money from token sale.  Roll Eyes
It's not because they can't fullfill their promise, but they are trying to scam you from the start. All whitepaper, meeting, Ico plan is the way to scam you by make it looks "real" project.
junkerr

Activity: 1022

Meta4uStake.io

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 02:21:59 PM

Of cource there are lots of reasons for the ICO come to fail. Since it's is not feasible, it's not develop in reality. If you smart enough you should look at more deep inside at some ico like the technology they develop it, then a talented and dedicated team, an some experienced  team, if they don't have that then absence of an ico will surely come to a end.
I myself have difficulty determining it. even when everything you mention is reached and is in the ICO project, sometimes there are other aspects that make ICO fail. because sometimes people also have greedy feelings, we can see some of the projects left by their developers when the sale is done collecting a lot of money.

lohladex
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 02:34:24 PM

Most ICOs project are startup .Implementing ideas in their whitepaper and Roadmap become a difficulty. Some existing business or organization who organized ICOs in other to expand their horizons are mostly successful. Fund missapropriation is another major problem faced by ICOS .Its very ideal for any investor to do their proper research before investing funds in ICO Project
ridha inoue

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 02:38:37 PM

what you say is true, the team can do their best to develop the project as they promised at the beginning.
but why should they develop the project if the profits or money they get have exceeded the target.
that's the beginning of a scam project that made us nervous until now, tokensale must have rules that require owners to show products first not just ideas.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 06:26:09 PM

Today, there are almost no cryptocurrency projects holding an ICO - the most of them prefer IEO instead. Actually, it depends on the project whether the Token Sale will be successful or not.
ganeshramk

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 06:28:39 PM

I think its more than 50% and even go until 70% failure. Because people are scared on investing in ICOs due to heavy scams in this field. Nobody can verify whether the project is real or not. Severe scrutiny is needed in order to make ICOs beneficial not only for projects but also to the investors.
tiedcoin

Activity: 89
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 07:41:55 AM

I think inadequate product market and scams are also the reasons behind the failure of ICOs. Also, most of the ICOs are launched by newcomers with not enough knowledge of online marketing. They ignore the need for reporting, auditing, and measurement to improve ICOs. Moreover, many investors tend to overlook the importance of website elements such as visuals, logo, ICO white paper, content, etc. The bad website directly affects the reputation of the brand.   
tiCeR

Activity: 1722
Merit: 750

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 08:48:30 AM

It seems the OP hasn't had a closer look at the industry. More than 50% is basically not wrong, but it is more like 95% of the projects failing.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
daniel2023

Activity: 616
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 09:14:54 AM

The above highlighted point are right. The use case(s) is very important. Every project should have it. Before you run and ICO; the following questions need to asked and answered by you. What do i want to offer to my investors? What will they benefit from it? Is this my a need or want to my customers? etc. Positive answers to this puts gives your project a good chance to succeed.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82]
  Print  

Jump to: