Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:42:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit is so unfair  (Read 1437 times)
Arz26

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:15:15 AM

I believe soon with this rank there's a possibility to proceed and sharing of merit based on performance, but when? Merit pay systems do not discriminate and differentiate significantly between high performers and low performers. Offer differentiated recognition awards calibrated to various factors such as level of effort, contribution, and result achieved.
monaydanda

Activity: 58
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:17:10 AM
Merited by Risktaker31 (4)

Merit is unfair yes because even if you posted good topics/idea its still hard to get it but if it will be for the benefits of the forum and for the members it is better then.We just strive more harder and be patient to get merit rather than suffering from spam/garbage messages that will affect our forum.It is hard yes but we had no choice but to obey the rules.Well those merit system will also help you to be good in analysis and planning so just keep making good post and wait till they give you a merit.

sMerits is so scarce that only the higher rank have many of it. Even if you make a good topic/thread in this forum only a small number of people here will give you a merit for your post because some of the higher ranks are purposely using their smerits for their Alt accounts in the forum.

━\\   ico.WORLDEX.io  ⚫  buy and sell crypto currency   //
THE NEXT-GENERATION DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION PLATFORM
jonajek

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 02:32:10 AM

Yeah, it is totally unfair. Like me, I am a newbie and I dont have friend who are a bountry hunter like me and they know its a scam. Its just me, my brother and my boyfriend who is doing this and all three of us dont have any merits yet. So i will not be able to be a member unless someone give me merit. The thing that they should do is like before but more posts required.
frankybutterin

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:35:52 AM

The merit system is not unfair but merit is used for not much spam. Also to avoid people who have multiple accounts become one person but have multiple accounts. They do this in order to gain more profits more and more accounts then signature campaigns are followed more and more.

Ranillo79

Activity: 240
Merit: 17

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 02:41:18 AM

I agree with merit system but i dont like how it is going. I suggest that only moderator can give merit because if we depend on community to rank up
I agree with you most of all are selfish and some is alone

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:49:59 AM

Yeah  so unfair...
Now bounty ico hard to find a signature partcipant. We know that signature is the most good way to promote an ico here. Now all bounty hunter always joining some social media
Seaze007

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:13:40 AM

Isn't it so unfair for the people who is new here? That will be struggling making such as good quality post so they could be given a merit by someone. I know all of you is having a hard time thinking what are you going to post such as good quality.

It is really hard to have a merit it is because as far as I know:
People are selfish. Even though you post a really good quality post still there is a people who won't give you a merit.
Some are alone. Like me, I don't really have much friend who would give me a free merit. I know that it is easy to have a merit with a friend that have an account of bitcointalk.

My question is. Why still need merit? We are still struggling to rank because of the merit.
They give us merit to give the best answer everyday, its so hard to rank up now because of merit. But for now we need to work hard to rank up our account.
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 04:00:13 AM

merit something fair and should be applied since the first. This will reduce the post which contains garbage and will be made a generation in this forum has a knowledge and a good argument for being able to put forward a quality post on this forum.

arrmia11

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:00:18 AM

It is very difficult to rank up nowadays because of that merit. Bitcointalk forum is strict and at the same time protecting its members from spammers and I don't think so if it is effective in order to measure the leveling of a certain member. It is true that only high rank members do have sMerits and they will preserve that mostly based on their interests.

However, given those struggles and hindrances, we must stay optimist in order for us to gain what we envisioned on bitcoin. We just have to bear in mins that every thing happens will result into both sides, the positive and negative ones.

really01

Activity: 150
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:26:52 AM

Actually everything has two sides of it. Putting Merit on the forum makes true members difficult if there are few friends. But it also has the positive effect of stopping spammers with unfair competition.
However, I think the putting of Merit still needs to be changed so that people are more comfortable breathing.
maculeth

Activity: 714

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 04:33:02 AM

Isn't it so unfair for the people who is new here? That will be struggling making such as good quality post so they could be given a merit by someone. I know all of you is having a hard time thinking what are you going to post such as good quality.

People are selfish. Even though you post a really good quality post still there is a people who won't give you a merit.
Some are alone. Like me, I don't really have much friend who would give me a free merit. I know that it is easy to have a merit with a friend that have an account of bitcointalk.

My question is. Why still need merit? We are still struggling to rank because of the merit.
this is actually a great way to reduce spammers, but you are also right with everything that happens in these merit rules. many unfair things, including not getting a merit every post that is already qualified. I also hope there is a revision of this merit law or just remove it.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
tentara pelajar

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:33:36 AM

the merit of a system which is nice. with merit do make difficult climbs rank but it is also for the good that is in this forum in order not to issue an opinion in the absence of a strong base and was impressed.
Hanazawa

Activity: 181
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:57:37 AM

I think merits is not unfair, it is something that challenge all of us. Although I am newbie here to say this and does not get merits.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► H (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
gamaman990

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:10:00 AM

Partly agree with the OP. It's really hard to earn merit points with the current rules. In my opinion, merit point should not be the only way for users' promotion. A more thorough model should use merit point as a multiplier on top of the previous scoring system. Average users shouldn't be punished together with spammers. If this system is not changed, bitcointalk will drive its users away to other platform for sure. I don't see how this can benefit anyone.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:18:46 AM

I agree with you that it is really hard to get merit, if it's unfair well life is not fair as always.

Anyways yes people will usually just ignore your post even though you have a great post or topic. Sometimes they are really lazy to click that merit button.

What we can do is go to the services section. There are some people there who gives out a merit. Other than that you will be lucky to get a merit by a random person.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:23:51 AM

I agree with merit system but i dont like how it is going. I suggest that only moderator can give merit because if we depend on community to rank up
I agree with you most of all are selfish and some is alone

Do you really think they moderator keep going and keep checking each users profile and keep meriting if they like the post? Even if he work 24 hours a day surely even 1 % of the user profile he would not be able to visit. Currently it is the best way to curb the low quality posts getting ranked higher.

bobbykulot

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:43:01 AM

Of course we need merit and i think this is one requirement to us to rank up our position here in bitcointalk. Merit means how well you answer The questions, how smart you are and good you are. There is nothing wrong to have this merit here we are measure our talent if someone will give you merit.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:33:25 AM

Im convinced the merit system is  helpful system to reduce spammer and shit poster in this forum. This also promotes quality post so that everyone will be contributing good reply. But on the other side, Users might actually have a hard time gaining good amount of merit. Im supposedly a senior member buy now, but I honestly having a hard time gaining one. Although this happen, Im already accepting the fact that I should make some quality post. There were also merit offers in some threads, check that out, they offer some merit for you to rank up.
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 07:21:37 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 02:17:20 PM by bitcub

Personally I dont really like the Merit system. It leads to become selfish. In my case, I have 250 merit, I need another 250 to achieve the Hero level. No matter how good or long your post is, you cannot get a free merit from me. Unless you are a super moderator or a known BTCTalk personality. People are holding their merits just like cryptos.

I cant blame the admins as many stupid people are creating dummy accounts for their personal gain.

Tagabukid69

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:30:38 AM

Yes merit system is quiet challenging, but without no doubt, if you want to join in the forum... without hesitation. Lets strictly follow the rules or if you find hard to obey, then simply leave it..

OTPPAY.IO   ▅  OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS  ▅   OTPPAY.IO
PRIVATE SALE IS ON. LIMITED UPTO 35M TOKENS WITH 100% BONUS.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: