Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:19:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit is so unfair  (Read 1437 times)
monkeykiss21

Activity: 214
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:20:34 PM

Merit is the one of the system for bitcoin to avoid spamming. Or to copyright the answers of others. We are looking forward to a good quality answers, and that is the reason why we had already now a merit system. Just To make our own self having a good quality post.
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:20:52 PM

Isn't it so unfair for the people who is new here? That will be struggling making such as good quality post so they could be given a merit by someone. I know all of you is having a hard time thinking what are you going to post such as good quality.

It is really hard to have a merit it is because as far as I know:
People are selfish. Even though you post a really good quality post still there is a people who won't give you a merit.
Some are alone. Like me, I don't really have much friend who would give me a free merit. I know that it is easy to have a merit with a friend that have an account of bitcointalk.

My question is. Why still need merit? We are still struggling to rank because of the merit.

I think the idea of merit is to be more collaborative with each other. Since members here are mostly anons there is no sense of cohesion sometimes in discussing ideas. Merits do push people to be more objective and provide excellent posts instead of mindlessly posting in the forums with no regard for everyone. Most comments are just replying with no cohesive ideas behind them. I think admins are sending the message that members should be more critical of the posts that are being posted and if you just joined to level up your profile then you do not deserve the rank.

BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:21:48 PM

Isn't it so unfair for the people who is new here? That will be struggling making such as good quality post so they could be given a merit by someone. I know all of you is having a hard time thinking what are you going to post such as good quality.

People are selfish. Even though you post a really good quality post still there is a people who won't give you a merit.
Some are alone. Like me, I don't really have much friend who would give me a free merit. I know that it is easy to have a merit with a friend that have an account of bitcointalk.

My question is. Why still need merit? We are still struggling to rank because of the merit.

I agree on that, merit is really unfair because there are a lot of high ranks today like legendary and they just earn their title without getting merits and now a days it was really hard to earn merit to rank up your account.

fluctuations

Activity: 183
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:32:36 PM

I agree on that, merit is really unfair because there are a lot of high ranks today like legendary and they just earn their title without getting merits and now a days it was really hard to earn merit to rank up your account.
I think so. I was a new member trying to find out a lot about the market, trying to write quality articles, but nothing more than Jr and no merit.
Tory26

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:36:45 PM

Agreed! It seems impossible to publish something which will be noticed by smerit sources   Cry
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:57:31 PM

I know it's pretty difficult to get your post attention here too get some merit as right now the forum is pretty active with a lot of users posting every minute and every hour, so your post gets masked by the post of Other people. And now with the merit system it would be easy for the people with contacts to get merit quiet easily, but for new people it is pretty difficult to get merit points.
But theymos have introduced this system to counteract the increasing spam here on the forum and it's working pretty well if you ask me.
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:07:36 PM

i'm new here
can anyone tell me what merit exactly is ?
Merit is the point given to you if you have made a constructive and useful posts. Merit  also allows you to rank up. Every rank has a requirement for a merit like me I need 9 merit to rank up.
Better to back a long term project and vision for the future!
napi

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:14:39 PM

why is not fair to me merit very fair because with the merit can neutralize from the post that is not qualified and post that is not qualified because if there is no merit regulation this is likely to have the potential to damage this forum.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:20:33 PM

I think this is fair Its very difficult for newbie to rank up in the forum,but now has many quality posts for the review again and I've seen there services post review.I have many friends in the forum but I do not want cheat to get a little bit of merit from them,let it run as it is.

handsomes

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:40:09 PM

Yes merit is so unfair to newbie by using a bitcointalk it is very hard to rank up unlike before your post and activity will count for your rank but now its unfair because now the bitcointalk is looking for merit.
Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:51:50 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 08:24:52 AM by Gastotade

Yes merit is so unfair to newbie by using a bitcointalk it is very hard to rank up unlike before your post and activity will count for your rank but now its unfair because now the bitcointalk is looking for merit.
We need to please now the readers, sadly, those who get merit are still those who already high rank, merits were made to the abusers who just keep spamming so we need to bear with it.  Make your post too awesome to be able to notice it by merit givers, there's still hope. Just work harder.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

RAAAMA

Activity: 107
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:58:19 PM

I agree with you partly because from the time merit was introduce, I only receive one merit from someone actually I don't know. I just reply on his post. Thanks to him. I already gave I think 6 merits to individual I felt need some merits. But merits do create much better environment, so we have to just bear with it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      flyCARE.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
MEDICAL, WELLNESS AND PERSONAL CARE
ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
Jicokh79

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:32:02 AM

Sorry, I'm a newcomer so I do not know what merit is for. And what does it help me? I see you talk a lot but do not understand, who can give me suggestions
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:44:40 AM

Sorry, I'm a newcomer so I do not know what merit is for. And what does it help me? I see you talk a lot but do not understand, who can give me suggestions
Thousands of people discuss this, you can find it here.
forget this forum and go back to the office, because this forum just makes you frustrated. Grin
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:16:43 AM

Merit is good it can help to grow Bitcointalk community and to avoid spammers and account farmers, It is a bad idea for new members in this forum but developers need to put these features to avoid spammers.
I hope all of newbies here in Bitcointalk will understand this new feature, In this case we will see who are the active and good posters in this forum i know that is hard to achieve but we need to hardwork so Goodluck Wink
Arlibtchunt2018

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:30:27 AM

This is the very fact in the merit system. Everyone do have biased decision of giving up merit points. Which is unfavorable to those who are new in the community. If this is to be corrected then merit system shall be overwhole thoroughly.

(((●   OPP OPEN WIFI   ●)))
●▬▬▬▬ JOIN THE LARGEST WIFI NETWORK IN THE WORLD ▬▬▬▬●
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:39:17 AM

I believe that one way to show others that you are good enough and that you really deserve to be in this forum is through the posts we have. Well basically, we don't all know who are we conversing with and we can not assume that there is favoritism or bias choosing of whom should we give our merits so technically, it is how you really post. I think it is just fair. Maybe you are just not confident of your posts. Better improve it.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:55:10 AM

Seems unfair for you but for me it's totally not. Not only the newcomers are struggling because of this merit system, higher rank members also feel the same way.
You are right somehow but not speak in general because I believe that there are still generous members here. Besides, make some considerations for not giving you a merit because I know that they've got their own reasons like maybe they don't have an smerit to give, they disagree in your opinion or maybe they are not yet contented in your answer/post. Just be patient and I'm sure you'll get one next time.

I feel you bro because I also don't have friends that I could ask for a merit but that's alright because it's not necessary begging for merits, I let my posts work for it.
This is already answered many times before so to make it short, this is implemented to force everyone to improve quality of posts and to cleanse this forum.
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:01:35 AM

Seems unfair for you but for me it's totally not. Not only the newcomers are struggling because of this merit system, higher rank members also feel the same way.
You are right somehow but not speak in general because I believe that there are still generous members here. Besides, make some considerations for not giving you a merit because I know that they've got their own reasons like maybe they don't have an smerit to give, they disagree in your opinion or maybe they are not yet contented in your answer/post. Just be patient and I'm sure you'll get one next time.

I feel you bro because I also don't have friends that I could ask for a merit but that's alright because it's not necessary begging for merits, I let my posts work for it.
This is already answered many times before so to make it short, this is implemented to force everyone to improve quality of posts and to cleanse this forum.

Merit has it's own purpose, and yes it is to improve the quality of everyone's post. Let us all make sure that prior sharing our thoughts and ideas in this forum it will attract more people to focus on it and show interest upon reading our post.
s2sallbygrace

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:07:39 AM

Being alone here is not easy to reach the next rank because of the merit requirement. I agree with your opinion that some people here are selfish even though they see the post of someone here with the quality but they didn't give merit. Hopefully in the next few months the merit requirement will updated so that the new members are having an opportunity to rank up.
merit system can really make this forum avoid shit posters. Although it is really hard to gain merit even if you give good quality post. Not all member here will give time to read or review other members post just to give merit, they don't really care if you gain merit or not. Well, I guess what we have to do is continue posting comments with quality for sure one of these days we will gain 1 or 2 merits.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: