Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:32:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin legal  (Read 1161 times)
anisuzzaman99apu

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:23:19 AM

I have not heard any bad words about Bitcoin yet. Then I think it's Legal.
denverangelo9

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:24:26 AM

of course it is legal it's just a lot of people who say illegal because many used to put the proceeds of crime into the bitcoin is actually legal and trusted that bitcoin.

depending on the government of a country whether they legalize it or not, they have the authority to decide. for example the Chinese state, which prohibits bitcoin, because they do not want investors to experience criptocurency. In order for them to invest in China's own banks.
sulec70

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:32:51 AM

In several countries, like japan, philippines, india; bitcoin han been accepted and grown legally. But in many others, it us still banned or restricted in operation.I my country, bitcoin is in a grey area.It is nit accepted as payment instrument but people can buy, own and invest in it fir getting extra income in the near future.Any risk happened will be the responsibility of those users involved in it.
galaxing

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:47:04 AM

I think in Russia is not forbidden because bitcoin users or bitcoin lovers, but Russia forbid because they are afraid, bitcoin in making payment transactions.
yes, then in my country also the same, if the transaction can not use bitcoin.
I think it's perfectly legitimate. because of the fear in forbidden transactions, such as drugs and others.
provided that my country's government, not to block bitcoin in my country.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:41:03 AM

To the best of my knowledge, Bitcoin has not been made illegal by legislation in most jurisdictions. However, some jurisdictions (such as Argentina and Russia) severely restrict or ban foreign currencies. Other jurisdictions (such as Thailand) may limit the licensing of certain entities such as Bitcoin exchanges.
Regulators from various jurisdictions are taking steps to provide individuals and businesses with rules on how to integrate this new technology with the formal, regulated financial system.

But have you come to think of it... Whether Bitcoin can be used for illegal Activities...
What are some ways you think it can be used for? (illegal Activities) mention some.

Bitcoins are legal when the government says it is legal to own. It really all boils down to countries accepting bitcoins and making them legal for trade and selling. I believe one day, the world will accept bitcoins as it is. A lot of people will definitely love bitcoins and use them everyday.

laryillary

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:44:35 AM

In the US, it was decided not to prohibit the bitcoins, but to work out the issue of its regulation and tracking. Here there are great hopes all the same to take them under control, and then to legalize.
RolandoBTC

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:55:09 AM

To the best of my knowledge, Bitcoin has not been made illegal by legislation in most jurisdictions. However, some jurisdictions (such as Argentina and Russia) severely restrict or ban foreign currencies. Other jurisdictions (such as Thailand) may limit the licensing of certain entities such as Bitcoin exchanges.
Regulators from various jurisdictions are taking steps to provide individuals and businesses with rules on how to integrate this new technology with the formal, regulated financial system.

But have you come to think of it... Whether Bitcoin can be used for illegal Activities...
What are some ways you think it can be used for? (illegal Activities) mention some.

You may right my friend but here in philippines it is not mandated by our government to regulate some transactions, however it helps a lot in our comunity especially to unemployed but lot of skills in terms of knowledge in language thats why this kind of work helps a lot even this is not totally accepted by our government here..
poutgkj56

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:40:12 AM

The legitimacy of Bitcoin depends on the attitude of the monetary authorities of each country.
The further development of Bitcoin may threaten the interests of traditional currencies, and currency issuers will not give up the rights to a p2p open source algorithm. Therefore, various governments are very likely to declare bitcoin illegal.
Once the governments announce their illegality, they may have huge fluctuations in their prices in the short term. It may be a crash, or it may be skyrocketing. Because the bottom people of the country obviously have resistance to their government.
At the same time, the government’s ban will cause the Bitcoin trading platform to close. After the trading platform is closed, bitcoin can only be privately liquidated, and its ability to cash out will have a greater impact.
However, due to the unique nature of Bitcoin, it provides an excellent channel for officials from various countries to take bribes, launder money, and transfer assets overseas. In particular, under the general trend of official disclosure of property by national officials, Bitcoin provided a very good way of anonymously holding large assets.
pelipurlara

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:02:18 AM

Bitcoin legal or illegal it depends on your country government if it allows legal then it legal . most of the country btc adopt legal .

The government treats bitcoin illegally because they want to own it and they want to manage bitcoin. Bitcoin is very popular all over the world, they can not handle it. Bitcoin is legal but in some countries they say that bitcoin is illegal because they do not accept crypto
Bowly88

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:03:19 AM

Yes bitcoins is legal here and some people used them in illegal activities just like buying drugs in the black market because we all know that bitcoins are decentralized and that is the feature that ghe bad people wants so they can do transactions without the government knowing about it thatbis why there are countries that banned bitcoins maybe because of those activities that leads into bad people but lets make the kost out of it not like that way

redhorsebeer1980

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:10:30 AM

Bitcoin legality depends from which country you are using bitcoin, some countries do not honor bitcoin as legal, they think its a purely scam so they are not convince to use bitcoin and make it a legal.
shultz1994

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:11:08 AM

It is obvious that cryptocurrency can be used in illegal activities, so some States are trying to establish jurisdiction over cryptocurrency. The media often say that bitcoin can be used by terrorists to hide the movement of funds. But in fact, the criminal world, including terrorist activities, prefer to use traditional methods of payment. It is a fact. Because for them it is that has such a distribution, to make it easy to use these tools.
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:23:23 AM

Bitcoin is legal the way it used  properly and no one declared that it is illegal but to those people who do criminal act by means of bitcoin it is not a good way to promote bitcoin. And some who do   it right will affect.
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:25:57 AM

The legality of Bitcoin differs from the country you are at. There are some countries who are very open and adaptive to Bitcoin, some are just playing safe, they haven't really provided any stand whether it is legal or not. And there are some countries that completely banned the use of Bitcoin. I believe that it is best if you know the stand of your country prior to using Bitcoin so there will be no hassle in the future.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
19nataliya12

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:34:53 AM

legal nature of bitcoin. It is of scientific interest, since the main task of the state in the field of electronic payments is not only to create a legal climate, protect participants in the calculation, increase transparency and legalization, but also to create equal conditions for the development of electronic cash and virtual money.
Tan_avia)vl.

Activity: 210

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:59:28 AM

Bitcoin decentralized in itself. This is both a plus and a minus. I think that all the same States will come to its legalization. I believe that the main reason is ignorance of how to regulate cryptocurrency properly. That's why they forbid it.

amadorj76

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:04:11 AM

of course it is legal it's just a lot of people who say illegal because many used to put the proceeds of crime into the bitcoin is actually legal and trusted that bitcoin.

Bitcoin worldwide is legal. I think its just exagerated to use Bitcoin in illegal transactions. Criminals are trying every possible way to commit a crime and they use bitcoin to victimize others.
florinda0602

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:08:54 AM

Bitcoin worldwide is legal. I think its just exagerated to use Bitcoin in illegal transactions. Criminals are trying every possible way to commit a crime and they use bitcoin to victimize others.

Many countries are not declaring Bitcoin as legal because of it's decentralized nature, no government or bank is able to track the Bitcoin transactions which make this transactions anonymous. and because of this many people use Bitcoin for illegal dealings such as drug dealing or ammunition dealing. Bitcoin is not able to gain the amount of trust fiat has that's why its still illegal in many countries.
B4rk4d4

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:13:53 AM

Bitcoin is used for both legal and illegal activities. So thats why some countries ban bitcoin because it also used to illegal activities. But in the near future all country will accept it because it is the most popular crypto coin in the market.
nory51

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:20:24 AM

Bitcoin legality depends from which country you are using bitcoin, some countries do not honor bitcoin as legal ,In several countries, like japan, philippines, india; bitcoin han been accepted and grown legally. For me bitcoin is legal for this  good source of income to me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: