Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:02:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My Advice on Investing in Crypto  (Read 3247 times)
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:00:04 PM

I do not think I need to rush to invest in a particular crypto, the most important is to learn well, recognize the developer, the system, and also the technology, because I do not think we should invest into something that we have not really known. So digging as much information as possible and accurately is probably the most important key I personally think.
That is always the idea. Never rush to invest in anything but take your time, get to see how you can be a part of the system, know all that you need to know and then start making decisions based on that. For those who are learned in this environment, it is always easy for them to make certain decisions without getting screwed or bothered about what may be going on in the market as long as they are sure of what they are doing. Not being sure or ignorance is what has led so many people to panicking at the slightest volatility move the market makes.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:21:05 PM

Investing our money in cryptocurrency is profitable as long we can hold it. If we want to make short investment, we should have knowledge about technical analysis but i am prefer to holding and treat it as long term investment.
yes longterm investment is best for high profit. but you should hold it in secure wallet from scammer and don't share the password with other peoples. because their are alot of scammer want scam money from peoples
Security is dependent on the person who is holding bitcoin.If we talk about the bitcoin and blockchain technology, these really are secure but in the cyber world, the weakest links are humans. Scammers are not expert at breaking into the system, they are expert at fooling people around and getting credentials out of their mouth without compelling them. With little care, such threats can be avoided.
There we are with most people who would rather not blame themselves for being foolish enough to fall into the traps of scammers but rather blame the blockchain technology for their predicaments and losses. The thing here is that most people really need to be very careful when it comes to staying secure and it is in everyone's hand.

I always believe every investor should get vast in their area of investments and how to stay secure than just investing and relaxing or being careless about their investment.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:43:07 PM

This is by far the best explanation of cryptocurrency investment. Most people bump into bitcoin and see people saying they become millionaires because of bitcoin. But then again most people don't read or research thats why most fall prey to scams and what nots. This is also the reason why the fall of bitcoin price went abrupt because these new investors expect to become millionaires in a split second because they didnt really understand the concept behind bitcoin. I hope this thread gets to most of the newbies so they will understand the totality of cryptocurrency investment.

charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:45:50 PM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a mechanism for building wealth, but it is not only for the wealthy. This is why our community is growing.  Anyone can get started investing in crypto, and various options (BTC, ALT Coins, ICO’s) make it easy to begin with small amounts of fiat and add to a build a portfolio. What differentiates investing in crypto from gambling is that it takes time!  There is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

The Definition of Investing is, “The act of committing money or capital to a venture with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.”
Legendary investor Warren Buffett defines investing as “… the process of laying out money now to receive more money in the future.” The goal of investing is to put your money to work in one or more types of investment vehicles like cryptocurrency, in the hopes of growing your money over time.

Remember we invest so we can “work smarter and not harder.” If you are like me, you work hard at your job.  It doesn’t matter whether you work for a company or own your own business. We all work long hours which requires sacrifice and adds stress to our lives. Using some of our hard-earned money and investing for our future needs is the best way to make the most of what you earn.  Pay yourself first by investing.

Investing is also about setting priorities for your money. Spending is way too easy and provides instant gratification.  New clothes, exotic vacations, fancy dinners and flashy sportscars are wonderful and make life more enjoyable. However, investing requires prioritizing the needs of our financial futures over the wants of our present desires.  Investing in cryptocurrency is a way to set aside money and put that money to work for you so that you can reap the rewards of your discipline in the future. This is how you receive a solid future.

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.
No one investing strategy or approach fits all. Every investor has different reasons for investing, different goals, different time horizons and varying degrees of comfort with investing. It’s important to define and articulate your own parameters.

You must set goals.  What do you want to achieve for the money that you will be investing? Is safety of your investment with some level of return sufficient? Are you trying to grow your money for a longer-term goal? You will even have different types of investments for different goals. Before you decide to invest any money into cryptocurrency it is imperative that you understand why you are investing and the result that you desire.  Goals should never be created in a vacuum. You also need to know your risk tolerance and your time-line as part of the goal-setting process.
Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

How much of a drop-in value for your investments can you tolerate? Your tolerance of this risk is a function of when you need the money.  This is your time horizon.  Usually, the younger you are the less thought you give to fluctuations in the value of your investments.  This is the volatility of an investment.  You should align your investments with your time horizon.
How long are you going stay in an investment?  Warren Buffett rarely sells a stock he owns and doesn’t get rattled by market fluctuations. This is generally known as a “buy-and-hold” strategy.  There are extreme traders who buy and sell cryptocurrency daily. This is fine if you are a professional but is rarely a good strategy for the average investor.  I am not saying that you need to hold an investment forever.  Things change, and you should analyze your individual holdings on a set schedule to ensure they are still appropriate for your situation.

Some crypto-investment vehicles require sophisticated knowledge and monitoring.  Others are more set it and forget it. Your individual investment decisions should be based on your comfort level and your willingness to devote time to researching your choices.  An easy route is to choose a variety of cryptocurrencies.   A diverse portfolio of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH.  Crypto investors with more knowledge and experience might consider ICO’s.  It is important that you understand what you do know and don’t know. You should never be talked into something that you don’t understand or are uncomfortable with.  

It is very nice to see that has a very good prospect in the world of crypto currency. I bet I would also apply these tips into my investments.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:01:20 PM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a mechanism for building wealth, but it is not only for the wealthy. This is why our community is growing.  Anyone can get started investing in crypto, and various options (BTC, ALT Coins, ICO’s) make it easy to begin with small amounts of fiat and add to a build a portfolio. What differentiates investing in crypto from gambling is that it takes time!  There is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

Well, investing and gambling is two different things. The only similiarity is that both are speculative.

Remember we invest so we can “work smarter and not harder.” If you are like me, you work hard at your job.  It doesn’t matter whether you work for a company or own your own business. We all work long hours which requires sacrifice and adds stress to our lives. Using some of our hard-earned money and investing for our future needs is the best way to make the most of what you earn.  Pay yourself first by investing.
Couldn't agree more. Most people, especially in third world countries, often undermine the importance of investing. They often think that investing is full of risk, hard, only for smart people, and complicated. All of which is not true. Investing is easy, investing in crypto is even easier.

Investing is also about setting priorities for your money. Spending is way too easy and provides instant gratification.  New clothes, exotic vacations, fancy dinners and flashy sportscars are wonderful and make life more enjoyable. However, investing requires prioritizing the needs of our financial futures over the wants of our present desires.  Investing in cryptocurrency is a way to set aside money and put that money to work for you so that you can reap the rewards of your discipline in the future. This is how you receive a solid future.
The only way to save these days is by investing. You will be totally losing if you put your money in your local currency.

The rest of the thread is basically just investing in crypto 101, but you said it well. I'm giving you merit for this.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:18:29 PM

This is by far the best explanation of cryptocurrency investment. Most people bump into bitcoin and see people saying they become millionaires because of bitcoin. But then again most people don't read or research thats why most fall prey to scams and what nots. This is also the reason why the fall of bitcoin price went abrupt because these new investors expect to become millionaires in a split second because they didnt really understand the concept behind bitcoin. I hope this thread gets to most of the newbies so they will understand the totality of cryptocurrency investment.
Well said.We should learn first the things we ought to know before doing such things to avoid lot of mistakes and frustrations.Investing in bitcoin may require lot of knowledge,understanding,and of course focus and deternination so we can attract more profits along the road.Though this might be a get-rich-quick scheme,but still we need to work for it so we can achieve a successful and profitable investment.

Activitycoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:49:41 PM

The Definition of Investing is, “The act of committing money or capital to a venture with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.”
Legendary investor Warren Buffett defines investing as “… the process of laying out money now to receive more money in the future.” The goal of investing is to put your money to work in one or more types of investment vehicles like cryptocurrency, in the hopes of growing your money over time.

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.
No one investing strategy or approach fits all. Every investor has different reasons for investing, different goals, different time horizons and varying degrees of comfort with investing. It’s important to define and articulate your own parameters.

You must set goals.  What do you want to achieve for the money that you will be investing? Is safety of your investment with some level of return sufficient? Are you trying to grow your money for a longer-term goal? You will even have different types of investments for different goals. Before you decide to invest any money into cryptocurrency it is imperative that you understand why you are investing and the result that you desire.  Goals should never be created in a vacuum. You also need to know your risk tolerance and your time-line as part of the goal-setting process.
Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

How much of a drop-in value for your investments can you tolerate? Your tolerance of this risk is a function of when you need the money.  This is your time horizon.  Usually, the younger you are the less thought you give to fluctuations in the value of your investments.  This is the volatility of an investment.  You should align your investments with your time horizon.
How long are you going stay in an investment?  Warren Buffett rarely sells a stock he owns and doesn’t get rattled by market fluctuations. This is generally known as a “buy-and-hold” strategy.  There are extreme traders who buy and sell cryptocurrency daily. This is fine if you are a professional but is rarely a good strategy for the average investor.  I am not saying that you need to hold an investment forever.  Things change, and you should analyze your individual holdings on a set schedule to ensure they are still appropriate for your situation.

Some crypto-investment vehicles require sophisticated knowledge and monitoring.  Others are more set it and forget it. Your individual investment decisions should be based on your comfort level and your willingness to devote time to researching your choices.  An easy route is to choose a variety of cryptocurrencies.   A diverse portfolio of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH.  Crypto investors with more knowledge and experience might consider ICO’s.  It is important that you understand what you do know and don’t know. You should never be talked into something that you don’t understand or are uncomfortable with.  

It is very nice to see that has a very good prospect in the world of crypto currency. I bet I would also apply these tips into my investments.
These are very good steps to get good profit from the crypto currency specially the bitcoin, at very first they should know about the price rise and fall so that if they will know about it then no one will say that bitcoin is not good investment. I all the time suggest every new user that don’t sell out your bitcoin at panic price but let it grow and be high with time. We should buy some bitcoin when the price will be low and then hold with patience after that sell it at the peak price of the year.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 11:52:53 PM

I do not think I need to rush to invest in a particular crypto, the most important is to learn well, recognize the developer, the system, and also the technology, because I do not think we should invest into something that we have not really known. So digging as much information as possible and accurately is probably the most important key I personally think.
That is always the idea. Never rush to invest in anything but take your time, get to see how you can be a part of the system, know all that you need to know and then start making decisions based on that. For those who are learned in this environment, it is always easy for them to make certain decisions without getting screwed or bothered about what may be going on in the market as long as they are sure of what they are doing. Not being sure or ignorance is what has led so many people to panicking at the slightest volatility move the market makes.

Exactly. It is unfortunate that more people are interested in Bitcoin and crypto during a bull market, and they buy in not because they have researched and want to be a part of this, but because of FOMO. And then the bear market arrives, which is the perfect time to load up on education and research, and people are simply not interested. The few that stick around and really do their research in the bear market would do well for themselves.
KeijiN

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:58:10 PM

For me it is a dumb thing to enter a market and start to trade without knowing a structural things about how it actualy operates, so patience and researches!
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 12:17:50 AM

For me it is a dumb thing to enter a market and start to trade without knowing a structural things about how it actualy operates, so patience and researches!
Yep, but that's only if you're a trader. If you're a longer term holder, the market structure isn't that important. Think of the people that bought into BTC in 2011 say. The market structure was highly immature to say the least, but if you believed in the tech and potential and wanted to hold for the long term, that was ok.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:31:22 AM

Pretty good post. Crypto does appeal to people who don't have a lot of money to invest. It is the beginning of a brand new type of currency and we are just getting in on it. Most people don't even understand how it works yet or think that it's a scam. Although, honestly, a lot of people think that about foreign exchange and the stock market too. The delayed gratification necessary to lay out your money for crypto instead of toys and gadgets will pay off.
Probably one of the best things about cryptocurrencies is that it allows anyone no matter how small their capital to invest and that is powerful in the past you needed thousands of dollars to become an investor and that was the minimum probably you needed a lot more money than that but with cryptocurrencies you only need some hundreds of dollars and you can become an investor.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 12:42:25 AM

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.

Great work with your article. This can be a prerequisite for all newbies who intend on investing in crptocurrency. Once you decide to invest, it should be kept in mind that you stand a certain risk percentage to lose your investment. The risk can be reduced anyway by putting in some efforts and performing some checks to reach a certain trust and legitimacy level for that particular project or portfolio you wish to invest.

liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:29:25 AM

Suggestions that are very straightforward, clear and detailed, very feasible to apply in the strategy of investing the right.
First of all it is precious for everyone to understand that the primary value of any cryptocurrency, in fact,'s the technology, ideas and investor confidence embedded in it. Without the presence of all the components of success mentioned above, even the most ambitious projects will fail.
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:21:58 AM

Awesome, I learned quite a lot from your advice - thank you a lot!
As a beginner in using cryptocurrencies, I will try to keep this in mind.
I do agree that acquiring knowledge is the most important step in manipulating one's finances properly.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:27:08 AM

For many investors who started investing this year, cryptocurrencies have become a tool to create poverty, not wealth.
Apparently, that should be for those who got greedy lol. Even at that, it depends on each person's perception, if you are in for the short term profit, then it was stupidity and greed that is making such a person poor and not cryptocurrency. This is a market and volatility is one of the attributes that have been mentioned over the years and for anyone who decided to join fomo.

Out of greed, then irrespective of their area of investment, stocks, cryptocurrency etc., they will still be meeting the same fate of losing their capital instead of missing out the chances of doubling or tripling their capital amount. Patience is the key in all markets and in crypto market too.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:54:38 AM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a mechanism for building wealth, but it is not only for the wealthy. This is why our community is growing.  Anyone can get started investing in crypto, and various options (BTC, ALT Coins, ICO’s) make it easy to begin with small amounts of fiat and add to a build a portfolio. What differentiates investing in crypto from gambling is that it takes time!  There is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

Remember we invest so we can “work smarter and not harder.” If you are like me, you work hard at your job.  It doesn’t matter whether you work for a company or own your own business. We all work long hours which requires sacrifice and adds stress to our lives. Using some of our hard-earned money and investing for our future needs is the best way to make the most of what you earn.  Pay yourself first by investing.

Investing is also about setting priorities for your money. Spending is way too easy and provides instant gratification.  New clothes, exotic vacations, fancy dinners and flashy sportscars are wonderful and make life more enjoyable. However, investing requires prioritizing the needs of our financial futures over the wants of our present desires.  Investing in cryptocurrency is a way to set aside money and put that money to work for you so that you can reap the rewards of your discipline in the future. This is how you receive a solid future.

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.

You must set goals.  What do you want to achieve for the money that you will be investing? Is safety of your investment with some level of return sufficient? Are you trying to grow your money for a longer-term goal? You will even have different types of investments for different goals. Before you decide to invest any money into cryptocurrency it is imperative that you understand why you are investing and the result that you desire.  Goals should never be created in a vacuum. You also need to know your risk tolerance and your time-line as part of the goal-setting process.
Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

How much of a drop-in value for your investments can you tolerate? Your tolerance of this risk is a function of when you need the money.  This is your time horizon.  Usually, the younger you are the less thought you give to fluctuations in the value of your investments.  This is the volatility of an investment.  You should align your investments with your time horizon.
How long are you going stay in an investment?  Warren Buffett rarely sells a stock he owns and doesn’t get rattled by market fluctuations. This is generally known as a “buy-and-hold” strategy.  There are extreme traders who buy and sell cryptocurrency daily. This is fine if you are a professional but is rarely a good strategy for the average investor.  I am not saying that you need to hold an investment forever.  Things change, and you should analyze your individual holdings on a set schedule to ensure they are still appropriate for your situation.

Some crypto-investment vehicles require sophisticated knowledge and monitoring.  Others are more set it and forget it. Your individual investment decisions should be based on your comfort level and your willingness to devote time to researching your choices.  An easy route is to choose a variety of cryptocurrencies.   A diverse portfolio of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH.  Crypto investors with more knowledge and experience might consider ICO’s.  It is important that you understand what you do know and don’t know. You should never be talked into something that you don’t understand or are uncomfortable with. 

I love this advice. it is very detailed and clear and I like how you make sure to explain each point as you list them. Every newbie who is interested in investing in crypto should read this because most of them come into the market thinking that they will make so much money in such little time without having to do anything but investing in crypto is just as hard as any other investment. Thank you for this.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 12:24:09 PM

Even the most patient, knowledgeable and intelligent person in the world might go wrong with cryptocurrency.
Sometimes no amount of technical knowledge can help you to predict some of the market shifts - most ICO trading is like this.
Every ICO is promising amazing gains and ROI - in the past, even some highly famous project turned out to be 'not that good' (to say lightly).
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 12:33:26 AM

Even the most patient, knowledgeable and intelligent person in the world might go wrong with cryptocurrency.
Sometimes no amount of technical knowledge can help you to predict some of the market shifts - most ICO trading is like this.
Every ICO is promising amazing gains and ROI - in the past, even some highly famous project turned out to be 'not that good' (to say lightly).
That's very true, but those who've seen these cycles before know what to look out for. There were ICOs being done since 2014-15 era. That's when it was undervalued. If every project with half a person technical team starts doing an ICO, you know the market is not sustainable no matter what, although the timing to predict its demise is harder. The market then over-reacts and allocates less money to interesting projects as well since everything is in a bear market and such is the sentiment. Rinse and repeat.

The point is, market cycles are caused by human psychology and that's more important to know than mere technical knowledge.
stingraydiver (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:44:20 PM

Thank you all for your kind words.  I am trying to bring value to the community.  We all have a duty to educate the world on crypto!
futurelab

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:14:54 PM

I fully agree with this statement. In my opinion, you should start learning about crypto, visiting reliable sources and start your experience. Learn by doing is probably the very best option available, important is not to gamble too much with speculation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: