Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:33:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My Advice on Investing in Crypto  (Read 3247 times)
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:59:06 PM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a mechanism for building wealth, but it is not only for the wealthy. This is why our community is growing.  Anyone can get started investing in crypto, and various options (BTC, ALT Coins, ICO’s) make it easy to begin with small amounts of fiat and add to a build a portfolio. What differentiates investing in crypto from gambling is that it takes time!  There is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

The Definition of Investing is, “The act of committing money or capital to a venture with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.”
Legendary investor Warren Buffett defines investing as “… the process of laying out money now to receive more money in the future.” The goal of investing is to put your money to work in one or more types of investment vehicles like cryptocurrency, in the hopes of growing your money over time.

Remember we invest so we can “work smarter and not harder.” If you are like me, you work hard at your job.  It doesn’t matter whether you work for a company or own your own business. We all work long hours which requires sacrifice and adds stress to our lives. Using some of our hard-earned money and investing for our future needs is the best way to make the most of what you earn.  Pay yourself first by investing.

Investing is also about setting priorities for your money. Spending is way too easy and provides instant gratification.  New clothes, exotic vacations, fancy dinners and flashy sportscars are wonderful and make life more enjoyable. However, investing requires prioritizing the needs of our financial futures over the wants of our present desires.  Investing in cryptocurrency is a way to set aside money and put that money to work for you so that you can reap the rewards of your discipline in the future. This is how you receive a solid future.

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.
No one investing strategy or approach fits all. Every investor has different reasons for investing, different goals, different time horizons and varying degrees of comfort with investing. It’s important to define and articulate your own parameters.

You must set goals.  What do you want to achieve for the money that you will be investing? Is safety of your investment with some level of return sufficient? Are you trying to grow your money for a longer-term goal? You will even have different types of investments for different goals. Before you decide to invest any money into cryptocurrency it is imperative that you understand why you are investing and the result that you desire.  Goals should never be created in a vacuum. You also need to know your risk tolerance and your time-line as part of the goal-setting process.
Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

How much of a drop-in value for your investments can you tolerate? Your tolerance of this risk is a function of when you need the money.  This is your time horizon.  Usually, the younger you are the less thought you give to fluctuations in the value of your investments.  This is the volatility of an investment.  You should align your investments with your time horizon.
How long are you going stay in an investment?  Warren Buffett rarely sells a stock he owns and doesn’t get rattled by market fluctuations. This is generally known as a “buy-and-hold” strategy.  There are extreme traders who buy and sell cryptocurrency daily. This is fine if you are a professional but is rarely a good strategy for the average investor.  I am not saying that you need to hold an investment forever.  Things change, and you should analyze your individual holdings on a set schedule to ensure they are still appropriate for your situation.

Some crypto-investment vehicles require sophisticated knowledge and monitoring.  Others are more set it and forget it. Your individual investment decisions should be based on your comfort level and your willingness to devote time to researching your choices.  An easy route is to choose a variety of cryptocurrencies.   A diverse portfolio of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH.  Crypto investors with more knowledge and experience might consider ICO’s.  It is important that you understand what you do know and don’t know. You should never be talked into something that you don’t understand or are uncomfortable with.  

Better believe it you are correct, hazard is a piece of business and interest in crypto is a business. On the off chance that you need to acquire cash from crypto venture you should go out on a limb too. In the event that you anxious of losing your cash then crypto isn't for you. You can put resources into some consistent business. Crypto is for brave individuals and it needs patient and boldness. No different business will give you such huge benefits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:10:51 PM

Very good explanation by the original poster. I was thinking bounty was not a form of investment and as we do call it, it is free money but I have now known that our time is money so we invest time when we do bounties:D
Bounty has always been an investment, as long as you are putting your time and resources into doing something which assists in making ICOs turn out positively, then you are indeed doing something to earn and deciding to keep what you have earned for a long term is certainly an investment.

There are lot of risks you take in doing bounties too which is not limited to the ICO not being successful at the end, and not getting anything, so it is a lot for anyone who values their time. Investing your hard earned money or your time has no big differences in some sense but most people are not ready to understand this fact as they do think like they are having more free time. But actually they really do not.
ErlindaBit

Activity: 227
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:31:58 PM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a mechanism for building wealth, but it is not only for the wealthy. This is why our community is growing.  Anyone can get started investing in crypto, and various options (BTC, ALT Coins, ICO’s) make it easy to begin with small amounts of fiat and add to a build a portfolio. What differentiates investing in crypto from gambling is that it takes time!  There is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

The Definition of Investing is, “The act of committing money or capital to a venture with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.”
Legendary investor Warren Buffett defines investing as “… the process of laying out money now to receive more money in the future.” The goal of investing is to put your money to work in one or more types of investment vehicles like cryptocurrency, in the hopes of growing your money over time.

Remember we invest so we can “work smarter and not harder.” If you are like me, you work hard at your job.  It doesn’t matter whether you work for a company or own your own business. We all work long hours which requires sacrifice and adds stress to our lives. Using some of our hard-earned money and investing for our future needs is the best way to make the most of what you earn.  Pay yourself first by investing.

Investing is also about setting priorities for your money. Spending is way too easy and provides instant gratification.  New clothes, exotic vacations, fancy dinners and flashy sportscars are wonderful and make life more enjoyable. However, investing requires prioritizing the needs of our financial futures over the wants of our present desires.  Investing in cryptocurrency is a way to set aside money and put that money to work for you so that you can reap the rewards of your discipline in the future. This is how you receive a solid future.

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.
No one investing strategy or approach fits all. Every investor has different reasons for investing, different goals, different time horizons and varying degrees of comfort with investing. It’s important to define and articulate your own parameters.

You must set goals.  What do you want to achieve for the money that you will be investing? Is safety of your investment with some level of return sufficient? Are you trying to grow your money for a longer-term goal? You will even have different types of investments for different goals. Before you decide to invest any money into cryptocurrency it is imperative that you understand why you are investing and the result that you desire.  Goals should never be created in a vacuum. You also need to know your risk tolerance and your time-line as part of the goal-setting process.
Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

How much of a drop-in value for your investments can you tolerate? Your tolerance of this risk is a function of when you need the money.  This is your time horizon.  Usually, the younger you are the less thought you give to fluctuations in the value of your investments.  This is the volatility of an investment.  You should align your investments with your time horizon.
How long are you going stay in an investment?  Warren Buffett rarely sells a stock he owns and doesn’t get rattled by market fluctuations. This is generally known as a “buy-and-hold” strategy.  There are extreme traders who buy and sell cryptocurrency daily. This is fine if you are a professional but is rarely a good strategy for the average investor.  I am not saying that you need to hold an investment forever.  Things change, and you should analyze your individual holdings on a set schedule to ensure they are still appropriate for your situation.

Some crypto-investment vehicles require sophisticated knowledge and monitoring.  Others are more set it and forget it. Your individual investment decisions should be based on your comfort level and your willingness to devote time to researching your choices.  An easy route is to choose a variety of cryptocurrencies.   A diverse portfolio of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH.  Crypto investors with more knowledge and experience might consider ICO’s.  It is important that you understand what you do know and don’t know. You should never be talked into something that you don’t understand or are uncomfortable with.  

I think, today is my luck for having read the article you created on this topic. I am totally new to the investment world, and this is very useful. Those who have a fear of investing in crypto will be little help to relieve his fear. I know to invest wherever there are risks, but if we already have a clear method and research, it will reduce the risk.
Sergio444

Activity: 174

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 05:33:27 PM

That is pretty a good advice and I think I have taken a seed out of that. "There is no guarantee of making money." That's right its all about the effort you put up towards your success. But what is you were born into a rich family? Well, I that case then I guess both money and success are guaranteed for sure.
ValerieBTC

Activity: 153
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:56:04 AM

This is a very good explanation on crypto investing. Investing in crypto is very exciting, but should always be taken with caution. Crypto investments are highly volatile, which means one can make big gains and big losses. But what’s even more exciting than financial gain is the technology development. Blockchain is unleashing massive innovation, and the entire World is participating in this excitement. No one knows for sure what company will thrive in the future, but if you find a company with the right team and the right technology, then you are on right track to identifying a  good crypto investment.
I want to give her some money by doing bounties and then get to investing process because for now I'm thinking that I have not enough to invest, I need at least one and a half thousand dollars.
Well here in this case, you can just give her some bounties if you have some. It means if someone is interested to work on bitcoin and some campaigns like bounty or signature, the other person can have good source of earning then. In your case, if she needs money but she doesn’t have enough money to invest. Get her bounty and it will be a good source for her.
chibimanau

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:59:01 AM

Thank you very much, your topic is very useful for everyone in this forum. Control your emotions well, and be patient, this is also a factor to bring success to you. People should have a smart mind and should invest long term with good coin to reduce risk.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:12:18 AM

My advice on investing to some Crypto you like you carefully choose your currency you like to invest with your money. To prevent from losing it in a wrong currency that you will sure you won't regret it that you invest into that currency in the future.
Safe and trusted investments are around us but it will be our fault if we do not understand and perceive it. Highly rated and recommended source for long term is the Bitcoin and the second position is holding by Ethereum which is on the second number in terms of value. Many other short term cryptocurrencies are also available in which the best recommended are Altcoin, Litecoin and few others.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:56:29 PM

First of all thanks for your collaboration, Really important article for all Everyone, You did on the point because most of have the same problem when they investing in crypto. Personally, I also got good knowledge , Thanks again  Smiley
Well good for the Peron who made your doubts clear. Good to see people talking good about others. Actually knowledge sharing is so fantastic thing to do with which you are learning more than what you are archiving or telling someone else. Everything that you are telling to others is making your mind strong about that. You get more than what you are giving back to community.
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:06:11 AM

If you invest in the crypto market you should be self-confident and wait for the necessary times as the waiting will give you more opportunities for you to have more wonderful and you should be confident....
People still giving preference to wait and hold, actually they are confident that bitcoin price is not going to stay here for a long time, but very soon its price will once again start increasing and will very soon reach to its previous highest price. I think that we should wait for some more time for bitcoin price to increase and recover our lost.
android17

Activity: 259
Merit: 76

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:44:02 AM

Good article and this was my favorite part. I am tired of trying to explain to people that BTC is not the only volatile stuff in the market. Look at the price of vegetables,  avocados, for instance.
Congrats on your article, thanks and +merit for you.
Thanks for your contribution.
Having a written investment strategy also implements a discipline not to make decisions when unexpected events occur. Where on speculative investment will definitely happen. Going back to your initial thinking can hinder to act emotionally for fear or greed.
Many people that consider themselves traders or investors know a thing or two about it, but they only concentrate on the tactics needed to make money, they do not concentrate on an overall strategy, they do not have a plan and without a plan then you do not know how your investments or your trades fit in any kind of long term plan and this is why most people do not reach their goals.

Almost investors are amateur, they come to the crypto world to make some "easy money" without any experience in investing or knowledge about technical analysis. So something like overall strategy and plan is very strange to them. That's why most people get lost in the crypto market.
Investing in any of the crypto currencies is a very good thing to do and that it can bring you a lot of money but the only condition is that you must work harder and that you need to keep on working harder and consistently and that you must plan the things according to the situation and that you must keep holding your nerves even if the market value starts falling.
First thing is you need to know what crypto is, study about crypto, how it works and how to earn money in investing on it. Its good if you choose bitcoin to invest, again read articles about bitcoin and how it works. In investing in bitcoin, you need to take high risk unlime in bank investments. Also you need to have patience because sometime patience is the key to success

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:57:14 AM

If you invest in the crypto market you should be self-confident and wait for the necessary times as the waiting will give you more opportunities for you to have more wonderful and you should be confident....
People still giving preference to wait and hold, actually they are confident that bitcoin price is not going to stay here for a long time, but very soon its price will once again start increasing and will very soon reach to its previous highest price. I think that we should wait for some more time for bitcoin price to increase and recover our lost.

I agree with you, bitcoin is not something that can be set by anyone.
let's give positive thinking, so that bitcoin returns to the glory of its  through positive things and is not affected by the negative things that the media or others say.
shawn995

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:22:26 AM

Digital forms of money claim to everybody not exclusively to those that don't have cash, now an ever increasing number of institutional speculators are putting their cash in bitcoin and this isn't generally amazing they can get more benefits in bitcoin in a solitary year than what they will get in numerous years or even a very long time in the conventional markets so bitcoin as should be obvious not just interests to those that don't have a considerable measure of cash yet to the individuals who are rich also.
Saldom12

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:23:25 AM

If you want to invest in coin cryptocurrency, I just want to invest in bitcoin coins that have a clear status. And many investors are investing in bitcoin.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:13:09 AM

Digital forms of money claim to everybody not exclusively to those that don't have cash, now an ever increasing number of institutional speculators are putting their cash in bitcoin and this isn't generally amazing they can get more benefits in bitcoin in a solitary year than what they will get in numerous years or even a very long time in the conventional markets so bitcoin as should be obvious not just interests to those that don't have a considerable measure of cash yet to the individuals who are rich also.
Institutional investors are common for any market and we must welcome them because the impact they might create will be big and making use of these investors are up to individuals. As bitcoin is still in its early stage, we never need to compete against those big whales, we may go for encashing at our own pace.

Still, the main rule of investment is diversification. Putting all your eggs in one basket is one thing I am sure a lot of us have heard about how bad it really can be as well as the risk involved since you will have to end up limiting the risk and in the case of a huge drop, you end up screwing up all your investment. Also, it is necessary to always study where you are putting your money and be rest assured you are making the right decision most of the time.

thefatman82

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:25:14 AM

I think all of the Beginner investors need to take few mistakenly steps, for just learn how to be more careful and accurately investing. Because without that it is hard to understand the importance of research.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:04:09 AM

The best advice you can get is Do your own research! Smiley

Mehdi
Probably an even better advice right now is to not bother and to not invest in altcoins right now, I know the temptation to make a lot of money is there and believe me I can feel it too but since almost everyone that invest in altcoins and icos losses money then what it is the point of investing in something that will make you lose money in the short term.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:19:41 AM

Mehdi
Probably an even better advice right now is to not bother and to not invest in altcoins right now, I know the temptation to make a lot of money is there and believe me I can feel it too but since almost everyone that invest in altcoins and icos losses money then what it is the point of investing in something that will make you lose money in the short term.
I don't think that is the right advice. if you say this yesterday you would have eliminated their profit opportunity. you know today the prices of most crypto are up a few percent. if you see prices drop before and think that it's a bad situation you're wrong. precisely the market crashes are not always bad. you can use it to buy
knggtrrz

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:52:26 AM

Mehdi
I don't think that is the right advice. if you say this yesterday you would have eliminated their profit opportunity. you know today the prices of most crypto are up a few percent. if you see prices drop before and think that it's a bad situation you're wrong. precisely the market crashes are not always bad. you can use it to buy

Yeah, the cryptocurrencies price are unstable and the best thing to do is to monitor and keep our faith that cryptos will rise again very soon. And also always follow ourselves not the the others advice.
WellDogeo

Activity: 113

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:22:41 AM

I am a newcomer to this market so I do not have much advice for you. I can only tell you to be more intelligent to make the right decisions when the market goes down. Persistence is not good for every situation.
shelemiah31

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:24:59 AM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a great decision to make because of its promising future.You will also be a key part of technological innovation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: