Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:11:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My Advice on Investing in Crypto  (Read 3247 times)
the13thsymphony

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:02:20 PM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a mechanism for building wealth, but it is not only for the wealthy. This is why our community is growing.  Anyone can get started investing in crypto, and various options (BTC, ALT Coins, ICO’s) make it easy to begin with small amounts of fiat and add to a build a portfolio. What differentiates investing in crypto from gambling is that it takes time!  There is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

The Definition of Investing is, “The act of committing money or capital to a venture with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.”
Legendary investor Warren Buffett defines investing as “… the process of laying out money now to receive more money in the future.” The goal of investing is to put your money to work in one or more types of investment vehicles like cryptocurrency, in the hopes of growing your money over time.

Remember we invest so we can “work smarter and not harder.” If you are like me, you work hard at your job.  It doesn’t matter whether you work for a company or own your own business. We all work long hours which requires sacrifice and adds stress to our lives. Using some of our hard-earned money and investing for our future needs is the best way to make the most of what you earn.  Pay yourself first by investing.

Investing is also about setting priorities for your money. Spending is way too easy and provides instant gratification.  New clothes, exotic vacations, fancy dinners and flashy sportscars are wonderful and make life more enjoyable. However, investing requires prioritizing the needs of our financial futures over the wants of our present desires.  Investing in cryptocurrency is a way to set aside money and put that money to work for you so that you can reap the rewards of your discipline in the future. This is how you receive a solid future.

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.
No one investing strategy or approach fits all. Every investor has different reasons for investing, different goals, different time horizons and varying degrees of comfort with investing. It’s important to define and articulate your own parameters.

You must set goals.  What do you want to achieve for the money that you will be investing? Is safety of your investment with some level of return sufficient? Are you trying to grow your money for a longer-term goal? You will even have different types of investments for different goals. Before you decide to invest any money into cryptocurrency it is imperative that you understand why you are investing and the result that you desire.  Goals should never be created in a vacuum. You also need to know your risk tolerance and your time-line as part of the goal-setting process.
Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

How much of a drop-in value for your investments can you tolerate? Your tolerance of this risk is a function of when you need the money.  This is your time horizon.  Usually, the younger you are the less thought you give to fluctuations in the value of your investments.  This is the volatility of an investment.  You should align your investments with your time horizon.
How long are you going stay in an investment?  Warren Buffett rarely sells a stock he owns and doesn’t get rattled by market fluctuations. This is generally known as a “buy-and-hold” strategy.  There are extreme traders who buy and sell cryptocurrency daily. This is fine if you are a professional but is rarely a good strategy for the average investor.  I am not saying that you need to hold an investment forever.  Things change, and you should analyze your individual holdings on a set schedule to ensure they are still appropriate for your situation.

Some crypto-investment vehicles require sophisticated knowledge and monitoring.  Others are more set it and forget it. Your individual investment decisions should be based on your comfort level and your willingness to devote time to researching your choices.  An easy route is to choose a variety of cryptocurrencies.   A diverse portfolio of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH.  Crypto investors with more knowledge and experience might consider ICO’s.  It is important that you understand what you do know and don’t know. You should never be talked into something that you don’t understand or are uncomfortable with.  

I totally agree with your points. And this is the problem of new investors that joins the crypto industry specially when the industry in on its peak as many investors think that it is a get-rich-quick scheme and in the end they lose all of their capital and they can only blame them selves as the did not acquire enough knowledge and plan their way in the future to earn in this industry.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
marsmyname

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:59:38 AM

Investing on crypto is not just putting your money and it will automatic grow in the market. It has involve a lot of effort, determined to earn in crypto industry. You have to search all throughout the best profit since this is very risks thing to do.
I advice not to invest only in one place but should make your portfolio which will give you average profit and will not make you lose a lot at once but your will get profit surely. If you are investing in one place and you lose all your investment at once then you will be in danger zone. In order to get rid of it you need to invest in different places which will cover your loss.

perfect999

Activity: 1610
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:41:22 AM

Yes investing in crypto is a pretty well good idea.Those who cant afford to invest in high investment can invest in crypto because it has more lower value of investment and people can invest easily.Through your investment it can also help contribute for the development of a certain community and get more improved technology.But investing in crypto is more risky because there are lots of fraud projects.Thats why it needs more research and studies before investing in crypto.
Whenever you need to invest somewhere in the crypto market and is confused to select the source so let me tell you about the two main types. If you are having enough knowledge about the crypto market then proceed for long term investment in the Bitcoin or Ethereum which will make huge profit in the end. On the other hand proceed for short term if you are with low saving and have little knowledge about the market so in this way you will get experience and can surely upgrade to the Bitcoin.
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:45:51 AM

My advice to anyone trying to make a lot of money in cryptos right now, is to invest into smaller value alt coins that have a potential to explode.
Yes, there are many potential alts but bitcoin is the most interested one in terms on long term investment because it can generate a lot of profit and bitcoin still the basis of all crypto that is why many investor want to be benefactor of it, I think before we invest on alts be sure we do a lot of research.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:38:50 AM

In my own opinion, a good  advice will include  agudying the market you want to invest. Never jump in unarmed with knowledge. Secondly, just invest the amount you are willing to lose. The crypto world can really be a vicious place for your money to be put on. And lastly, learn the art of being apathetic. In the midst of the ups and downs, learning to hold and never giving a damn.
Investment needs your basic knowledge which is of great importance because you need to face different situations which will need your knowledge to cover and face with situations.

Go for long term investment with Bitcoin and Ethereum which will benefit you the most and especially the Bitcoin investment which is most profitable. If you are with low savings then start with Altcoin for short term which will be in your benefit according to your state.

Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:22:26 AM

As far as I can see, in order to invest in this market you need to understand its nature before investing. This will give you confidence and perseverance when the market goes down.
I will suggest you to invest in the Bitcoin if you are with enough knowledge and if you are not with enough knowledge then you need to stand on the side of the market and should learn how things work. After learning the processes and knowledge I will still suggest you to invest and get experience in short term investments first and then after getting that much experience you will easy upgrade to the Bitcoin.

I would better choose some altcoins as they will give you the best experience in trading, and they will also bring you more money. Pick cheap alts first.
liivii

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:34:45 AM

The only advice I can give is invest only the amount you afford to lose because here in crypto you need knowledge and also luck for you to earn money and just a single wrong move can lead you to a big loss and if your emotional you will surely stress yourself. So having a right amount of money to invest in crypto will prove that you're a knowledgeable person and equip with perseverance you can get huge amount of cash.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:52:25 AM

Overall it's a great advice for investing purpose but if we talk about crypto trading, it's far more risky than ordinary trading ( stock exchange )
As we know bitcoin value can change almost 50% in a week that will make whale trader gone crazy because they are experience major loss !

Since I've commit myself to be a pure investor, I try to stay calm and stay hold no matter what will happen on bitcoin

Being calm in a times like this is a very good strategy because the market prices are always bouncing due to volatility so we should always wait for the value in the market to increase before selling your coins.

katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:05:35 PM

As far as I can see, in order to invest in this market you need to understand its nature before investing. This will give you confidence and perseverance when the market goes down.
Whenever you think that I have to invest somewhere then chooses the modern market which will payoff the most in case if you invest here. Cryptocurrencies are valuable in which some are more valuable while some are less valuable.

If you are investing in the Bitcoin which is more valuable then you will get huge profit from it. On the other if you like to invest for short term then the best option in front of you is the Altcoin and may be Litecoin because these are less valuable.
Ondre

Activity: 238

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:22:36 PM

What a full advice , this is a very helpful advice to everyone, newbie or those who constantly failed to invest in crypto, because of lack of informations about what they should do. Great job!

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:35:55 PM

Now-a-days cryptocurrency has become a priority for business sector.In this sector u can income more money without invest.Cryrpto give the chance to be a perfact financing. So my advice is first work is read about crypto then invest tenson free.
Well even if you read again and again about crypto, you will have to panic if you do not make plans in the start. By this I mean the long term planning holding the evaluated crypto having good history and liquidity. The business sector normally is very active about this thing and never compromise on their profit. Besides, once you are in the market, acting like a rational individual can only be the key to success.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:16:33 PM

yes you are better you first learn what bitcoin investing is and how the benefits can be obtained from bitcoin investments and what risks that occur when bitcoin investments because such expertise and analysis is very important for investment in order to provide maximum profit.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
piter_wip12592

Activity: 219
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:31:47 PM

This is the investment market in technology, so if you want to invest in this market you have to learn a lot before investing. Because when you understand its essence, you have the confidence to invest in this market.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:08:28 PM

This is good explanation and could really be helpful for all bitcoin users, just continue to research and have more knowledge before investing in any project.

Knowledge is also the base of everything. No one person will get a success if he does not know a lot about his business. You can learn about the crypto from YouTube.
Kapee

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 10:25:32 PM

Hi pals, if you really want to Invest into cryptocurrency, then you cant do away with risk taking. For the past two years, I invested in one altcoin and i became totally broke since the price dipped and never rose again up till now. It is all about taking risk and know what to invest in and what you want at the end. 

TWOGAP // Thriving Cryptocurrency Market With Cryptobonds
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:57:09 PM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a mechanism for building wealth, but it is not only for the wealthy. This is why our community is growing.  Anyone can get started investing in crypto, and various options (BTC, ALT Coins, ICO’s) make it easy to begin with small amounts of fiat and add to a build a portfolio. What differentiates investing in crypto from gambling is that it takes time!  There is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

Last year the price starts at $1000 and this year starts at $13,000, looking at this chart makes people come to crypto-market and think; "I'm gonna rich in a short time, faster than ever", in fact, the way isn't always going smoothly and investment takes time including bitcoin. Now, the price set at $6K, if you want to invest right now, do your own diligence to learn about crypto-market and be patient waiting for the price to recover which definitely it will be.
BlackBeauty

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:08:36 PM

Last year the price starts at $1000 and this year starts at $13,000, looking at this chart makes people come to crypto-market and think; "I'm gonna rich in a short time, faster than ever", in fact, the way isn't always going smoothly and investment takes time including bitcoin. Now, the price set at $6K, if you want to invest right now, do your own diligence to learn about crypto-market and be patient waiting for the price to recover which definitely it will be.
Yes the price will be recover in after some weeks, so that's why it is also my advice that you should invest in bitcoin because its price will more high and profitable and it is the best and perfect time to invest you huge amount in this currency because it will more double and triple in future.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:12:48 PM

Yes the price will be recover in after some weeks, so that's why it is also my advice that you should invest in bitcoin because its price will more high and profitable and it is the best and perfect time to invest you huge amount in this currency because it will more double and triple in future.

How can you say that now it is a recovering period will start because market is still in correction mode. I think after August we can see recovery till then nothing can be said

turagsoy123456

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:53:38 PM

The Definition of Investing is, “The act of committing money or capital to a venture with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.”
Legendary investor Warren Buffett defines investing as “… the process of laying out money now to receive more money in the future.” The goal of investing is to put your money to work in one or more types of investment vehicles like cryptocurrency, in the hopes of growing your money over time.

Remember we invest so we can “work smarter and not harder.” If you are like me, you work hard at your job.  It doesn’t matter whether you work for a company or own your own business. We all work long hours which requires sacrifice and adds stress to our lives. Using some of our hard-earned money and investing for our future needs is the best way to make the most of what you earn.  Pay yourself first by investing.

Investing is also about setting priorities for your money. Spending is way too easy and provides instant gratification.  New clothes, exotic vacations, fancy dinners and flashy sportscars are wonderful and make life more enjoyable. However, investing requires prioritizing the needs of our financial futures over the wants of our present desires.  Investing in cryptocurrency is a way to set aside money and put that money to work for you so that you can reap the rewards of your discipline in the future. This is how you receive a solid future.

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.
No one investing strategy or approach fits all. Every investor has different reasons for investing, different goals, different time horizons and varying degrees of comfort with investing. It’s important to define and articulate your own parameters.

You must set goals.  What do you want to achieve for the money that you will be investing? Is safety of your investment with some level of return sufficient? Are you trying to grow your money for a longer-term goal? You will even have different types of investments for different goals. Before you decide to invest any money into cryptocurrency it is imperative that you understand why you are investing and the result that you desire.  Goals should never be created in a vacuum. You also need to know your risk tolerance and your time-line as part of the goal-setting process.
Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

How much of a drop-in value for your investments can you tolerate? Your tolerance of this risk is a function of when you need the money.  This is your time horizon.  Usually, the younger you are the less thought you give to fluctuations in the value of your investments.  This is the volatility of an investment.  You should align your investments with your time horizon.
How long are you going stay in an investment?  Warren Buffett rarely sells a stock he owns and doesn’t get rattled by market fluctuations. This is generally known as a “buy-and-hold” strategy.  There are extreme traders who buy and sell cryptocurrency daily. This is fine if you are a professional but is rarely a good strategy for the average investor.  I am not saying that you need to hold an investment forever.  Things change, and you should analyze your individual holdings on a set schedule to ensure they are still appropriate for your situation.

Some crypto-investment vehicles require sophisticated knowledge and monitoring.  Others are more set it and forget it. Your individual investment decisions should be based on your comfort level and your willingness to devote time to researching your choices.  An easy route is to choose a variety of cryptocurrencies.   A diverse portfolio of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH.  Crypto investors with more knowledge and experience might consider ICO’s.  It is important that you understand what you do know and don’t know. You should never be talked into something that you don’t understand or are uncomfortable with.  

As my freindly advice in investing in cryptos just do a certain resaerch first before you decide to choose that coins you buy if it is legit not a scammed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:04:57 AM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a mechanism for building wealth, but it is not only for the wealthy. This is why our community is growing.  Anyone can get started investing in crypto, and various options (BTC, ALT Coins, ICO’s) make it easy to begin with small amounts of fiat and add to a build a portfolio. What differentiates investing in crypto from gambling is that it takes time!  There is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

Remember we invest so we can “work smarter and not harder.” If you are like me, you work hard at your job.  It doesn’t matter whether you work for a company or own your own business. We all work long hours which requires sacrifice and adds stress to our lives. Using some of our hard-earned money and investing for our future needs is the best way to make the most of what you earn.  Pay yourself first by investing.

Investing is also about setting priorities for your money. Spending is way too easy and provides instant gratification.  New clothes, exotic vacations, fancy dinners and flashy sportscars are wonderful and make life more enjoyable. However, investing requires prioritizing the needs of our financial futures over the wants of our present desires.  Investing in cryptocurrency is a way to set aside money and put that money to work for you so that you can reap the rewards of your discipline in the future. This is how you receive a solid future.

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.

You must set goals.  What do you want to achieve for the money that you will be investing? Is safety of your investment with some level of return sufficient? Are you trying to grow your money for a longer-term goal? You will even have different types of investments for different goals. Before you decide to invest any money into cryptocurrency it is imperative that you understand why you are investing and the result that you desire.  Goals should never be created in a vacuum. You also need to know your risk tolerance and your time-line as part of the goal-setting process.
Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

How much of a drop-in value for your investments can you tolerate? Your tolerance of this risk is a function of when you need the money.  This is your time horizon.  Usually, the younger you are the less thought you give to fluctuations in the value of your investments.  This is the volatility of an investment.  You should align your investments with your time horizon.
How long are you going stay in an investment?  Warren Buffett rarely sells a stock he owns and doesn’t get rattled by market fluctuations. This is generally known as a “buy-and-hold” strategy.  There are extreme traders who buy and sell cryptocurrency daily. This is fine if you are a professional but is rarely a good strategy for the average investor.  I am not saying that you need to hold an investment forever.  Things change, and you should analyze your individual holdings on a set schedule to ensure they are still appropriate for your situation.

Some crypto-investment vehicles require sophisticated knowledge and monitoring.  Others are more set it and forget it. Your individual investment decisions should be based on your comfort level and your willingness to devote time to researching your choices.  An easy route is to choose a variety of cryptocurrencies.   A diverse portfolio of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH.  Crypto investors with more knowledge and experience might consider ICO’s.  It is important that you understand what you do know and don’t know. You should never be talked into something that you don’t understand or are uncomfortable with. 

As my freindly advice in investing in cryptos just do a certain resaerch first before you decide to choose that coins you buy if it is legit not a scammed.
I agree with that. Doing a deep research about the cryptocurrency that you wanted to invest is a good move in order to verify and to know all the things that you need to know before investing. Investing in cryptocurrency is crucial because you might be putting money into a scam coin or not that good cryptocurrency so it is safe and better to do research.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: