Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:23:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My Advice on Investing in Crypto  (Read 3247 times)
hexline11

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:48:53 AM

Information is the key for any good investment, and BitcoinTalk is a good way to gather that information, even earning the first satoshis to start those investments going like bounties, signatures, what to mine or what and when to trade. Its all about information the more you have the more accurate your decision/investments will be.
Information is the best way to determine what crypto will you gonna invest. Especially you need to search and read all about their article so you can get an idea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Honuandhonu

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:06:42 AM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a mechanism for building wealth, but it is not only for the wealthy. This is why our community is growing.  Anyone can get started investing in crypto, and various options (BTC, ALT Coins, ICO’s) make it easy to begin with small amounts of fiat and add to a build a portfolio. What differentiates investing in crypto from gambling is that it takes time!  There is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

The Definition of Investing is, “The act of committing money or capital to a venture with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.”
Legendary investor Warren Buffett defines investing as “… the process of laying out money now to receive more money in the future.” The goal of investing is to put your money to work in one or more types of investment vehicles like cryptocurrency, in the hopes of growing your money over time.

Remember we invest so we can “work smarter and not harder.” If you are like me, you work hard at your job.  It doesn’t matter whether you work for a company or own your own business. We all work long hours which requires sacrifice and adds stress to our lives. Using some of our hard-earned money and investing for our future needs is the best way to make the most of what you earn.  Pay yourself first by investing.

Investing is also about setting priorities for your money. Spending is way too easy and provides instant gratification.  New clothes, exotic vacations, fancy dinners and flashy sportscars are wonderful and make life more enjoyable. However, investing requires prioritizing the needs of our financial futures over the wants of our present desires.  Investing in cryptocurrency is a way to set aside money and put that money to work for you so that you can reap the rewards of your discipline in the future. This is how you receive a solid future.

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.
No one investing strategy or approach fits all. Every investor has different reasons for investing, different goals, different time horizons and varying degrees of comfort with investing. It’s important to define and articulate your own parameters.

You must set goals.  What do you want to achieve for the money that you will be investing? Is safety of your investment with some level of return sufficient? Are you trying to grow your money for a longer-term goal? You will even have different types of investments for different goals. Before you decide to invest any money into cryptocurrency it is imperative that you understand why you are investing and the result that you desire.  Goals should never be created in a vacuum. You also need to know your risk tolerance and your time-line as part of the goal-setting process.
Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

How much of a drop-in value for your investments can you tolerate? Your tolerance of this risk is a function of when you need the money.  This is your time horizon.  Usually, the younger you are the less thought you give to fluctuations in the value of your investments.  This is the volatility of an investment.  You should align your investments with your time horizon.
How long are you going stay in an investment?  Warren Buffett rarely sells a stock he owns and doesn’t get rattled by market fluctuations. This is generally known as a “buy-and-hold” strategy.  There are extreme traders who buy and sell cryptocurrency daily. This is fine if you are a professional but is rarely a good strategy for the average investor.  I am not saying that you need to hold an investment forever.  Things change, and you should analyze your individual holdings on a set schedule to ensure they are still appropriate for your situation.

Some crypto-investment vehicles require sophisticated knowledge and monitoring.  Others are more set it and forget it. Your individual investment decisions should be based on your comfort level and your willingness to devote time to researching your choices.  An easy route is to choose a variety of cryptocurrencies.   A diverse portfolio of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH.  Crypto investors with more knowledge and experience might consider ICO’s.  It is important that you understand what you do know and don’t know. You should never be talked into something that you don’t understand or are uncomfortable with.  

Thanks for the article, you've done a great job by putting your thoughts so nicely, I made mistakes when I was newbie in this field and day by day I'm learning more and gaining more knowledge about cryptocurrencies.
Thanks for your article.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:11:48 AM

Be patient, that is the key to your success in this market, if you do not succeed then you review your knowledge.
Patience. strategy and also experience is as a combination where we will be able to successfully invest in cryptocurrency because now without it all we will panic and loss
The crypto market will always test everyone's patience in here and if you do not dwell with your emotions properly, you'll end up losing and quitting. I think the market is more volatile now because of the fast growing interest about cryptocurrency and in earning it. People seems that it is easy getting profit and money in here but trust those who have been in here for a long time, cryptos are more than that. Earning it comes from investing, mining and trading but you have to put so much effort in order to earn. You cannot eat a fruit by only waiting for it to fall from the tree.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
aliichaudhary

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:13:29 AM

In order to make a big profit acknowledge yourself about crypto. Also invest small amount of money in alt coin or bitcoin to decrease your risk.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:14:32 AM

In every investment, we should investing our money on someting that we understand. If we understand about our investment, we must be comfort while market not good and fluctuating because we trust on our investment.
On cryptocurrency, we should choose coin/token with good product and have good purpose in the future.

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
ginellis

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:50:09 AM

Only thing I know that we need to invest the money we do not need. I do not believe day trading.
You do not believe in day trading because you do not anything about it. If you see stock exchange investors their trade on daily basis. It means that those who know the tactics of day trading can make huge profits in short time. I disagree with you on this point but the other thing that you mentioned that we should invest extra money is absolutely right.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:58:10 AM

This a good advise that i will save and read everyday. As for me, the only one investment rule i live for is that never invest money you're not willing to lose. Honestly it's like lending money to someone. You don't expect it back, but if it does then you'll be happy. Now if it returned with interest then better still. I hope this helps out everyone.

julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:38:08 AM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a mechanism for building wealth, but it is not only for the wealthy. This is why our community is growing.  Anyone can get started investing in crypto, and various options (BTC, ALT Coins, ICO’s) make it easy to begin with small amounts of fiat and add to a build a portfolio. What differentiates investing in crypto from gambling is that it takes time!  There is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

The Definition of Investing is, “The act of committing money or capital to a venture with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.”
Legendary investor Warren Buffett defines investing as “… the process of laying out money now to receive more money in the future.” The goal of investing is to put your money to work in one or more types of investment vehicles like cryptocurrency, in the hopes of growing your money over time.

Remember we invest so we can “work smarter and not harder.” If you are like me, you work hard at your job.  It doesn’t matter whether you work for a company or own your own business. We all work long hours which requires sacrifice and adds stress to our lives. Using some of our hard-earned money and investing for our future needs is the best way to make the most of what you earn.  Pay yourself first by investing.

Investing is also about setting priorities for your money. Spending is way too easy and provides instant gratification.  New clothes, exotic vacations, fancy dinners and flashy sportscars are wonderful and make life more enjoyable. However, investing requires prioritizing the needs of our financial futures over the wants of our present desires.  Investing in cryptocurrency is a way to set aside money and put that money to work for you so that you can reap the rewards of your discipline in the future. This is how you receive a solid future.

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.
No one investing strategy or approach fits all. Every investor has different reasons for investing, different goals, different time horizons and varying degrees of comfort with investing. It’s important to define and articulate your own parameters.

You must set goals.  What do you want to achieve for the money that you will be investing? Is safety of your investment with some level of return sufficient? Are you trying to grow your money for a longer-term goal? You will even have different types of investments for different goals. Before you decide to invest any money into cryptocurrency it is imperative that you understand why you are investing and the result that you desire.  Goals should never be created in a vacuum. You also need to know your risk tolerance and your time-line as part of the goal-setting process.
Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

How much of a drop-in value for your investments can you tolerate? Your tolerance of this risk is a function of when you need the money.  This is your time horizon.  Usually, the younger you are the less thought you give to fluctuations in the value of your investments.  This is the volatility of an investment.  You should align your investments with your time horizon.
How long are you going stay in an investment?  Warren Buffett rarely sells a stock he owns and doesn’t get rattled by market fluctuations. This is generally known as a “buy-and-hold” strategy.  There are extreme traders who buy and sell cryptocurrency daily. This is fine if you are a professional but is rarely a good strategy for the average investor.  I am not saying that you need to hold an investment forever.  Things change, and you should analyze your individual holdings on a set schedule to ensure they are still appropriate for your situation.

Some crypto-investment vehicles require sophisticated knowledge and monitoring.  Others are more set it and forget it. Your individual investment decisions should be based on your comfort level and your willingness to devote time to researching your choices.  An easy route is to choose a variety of cryptocurrencies.   A diverse portfolio of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH.  Crypto investors with more knowledge and experience might consider ICO’s.  It is important that you understand what you do know and don’t know. You should never be talked into something that you don’t understand or are uncomfortable with.  

Its to heavy mate, but Its quite helpful for those newbie. But we need of course to do our own research In order to survive here crypto trading and Invesment In crytpo currency. Not only just bitcoin but all altcoins, we should look first and analyze before we Invest In any altcoins.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:53:18 AM

Be patient, that is the key to your success in this market, if you do not succeed then you review your knowledge.

Investing in crypto is the best because it brings you a big profits. That the other stablishment can't give you but it is also a risk. Try to put what you can afford to lose.
This is a good advice and everyone should fully take responsible for their investment decision. People loves to enter the market for the reason of making money but they still lack of experience and some of them lose the money. Patience, focus, and don't listen to any hype this is some of the advice that you should really follow.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:03:10 AM

My %100 advice to people who will start new is to "earn" as much crypto as possible. Yes you can invest in it too but do whatever you can do, do logos, write code, share digital stuff sell products. Whatever you are capable of doing, do that and "earn" as much crypto as possible and with that you will be amongst the users who talk about big amounts.

If you want to just invest your money will dry up eventually, you can't invest forever. However you can work as much as you can, your talents won't run out.

I agree with this, unless you are rich and can invest a big amount of money every month you are going to run out of money to invest but if you have a skill, any skill, you can earn cryptocurrencies for as long as you can work and if you are young like a student this may be the only way for you to get cryptocurrencies and to even pay for your studies, and not only that getting cryptocurrencies will give you a sense of accomplishment that few things can give to you.
Angela28

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:14:19 AM

If you like to invest in crypto you should plan your own strategies, for example, you can have different things to make the program faster to hip and you will quickly make a profit.
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:19:55 AM

That is so true. I'd give you a merit but I'm fresh out. Crypto currency investments really allows you to rake in the big bucks but it should be handled with caution. Given its volatility and how much there are in ICOs we should really read up on it and make informed descisions when investing. I myself learned this the hard way.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
tuhnupeppu

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:28:01 AM

Love the post. Really good advice for just about anyone. Highlights all the major details of cryptocurrencies in general. Like others have posted, I would only invest money that I'm gonna need soon. It's not gambling for me. It's investment. Patience is the biggest boulder in this business. You can't be in a hurry to "win" money.
shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 03:33:11 AM

Great sharing very nice tips and you have cleared all the points like professional. Thanks alot for such a meaning full article specially for newbies.

yigga

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:43:00 AM

First of all thanks for your collaboration, Really important article for all Everyone, You did on the point because most of have the same problem when they investing in crypto. Personally, I also got good knowledge , Thanks again  Smiley
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:42:34 AM

I also have no words to recommend you sincerely, but the most important thing you should have is patience, if patience holds you will profit from your pennies.
That is quite right. Before investing, one should go through all the process by researching about the technology like Bitcoin and other crypto currencies as well as the market and the term investment. A clear cur strategy is more desirable than loosing money and waiting for long to get used in the market again.

One can get enough information about the crypto from the search engines like Google and other websites that can add to the knowledge and can enable one to invest in the right crypto in the right time.
nabinkhadka

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:29:27 AM

My advice is if you want to take buy coins with low market cap if you want a stable price movement as compared to low market cap coins buy coins in top 10. if you will believe in crypto. ETH will never fail you. just my opinion
mamarried

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:42:13 PM

In my opinion people who want to have at least some success in investing in cryptocurrency, need to be educated and laugh and study well before doing any steps, because we're having 99 opportunities to fail, while there is one opportunity to go with and be successful.
petronus

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:48:44 PM

Your topic helps me to trade in the crypto market. Holding a crypto requires patience and a good skill to take into account when to buy crypto and sell it.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
freaker

Activity: 144
Merit: 12

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:31:36 PM

WOW! This is quite a good description, I was hoping to see another thread with catchy subject and few lines under its description but this amount of knowledge will surely help many people who are struggling to invest in crypto. I think you should read the views of different people and learn from there experience so that you can excel in your life more easily. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: