Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:46:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My Advice on Investing in Crypto  (Read 3247 times)
Marlo0619

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:13:03 PM

My advice in invesring in cryptocurrencies like bitcoin is that dont expect too much. I mean there are too many people in the world that can hack your investment or money easily. Scammers and hackers are everywhere. So, if you want to invest, make sure that you have only invested your extra money. Extra, means it doesnt affect your job salary and daily expenses. Just be wise in investing.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The cure

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:25:44 PM

The very significant rule that you need to always remember is that invest only the amount that you can afford to loss and don't put your eggs in one basket. Invest in different potential coins that you can found on crypto world to make a huge amount of profit in return.
sonofliberty

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:29:22 AM

It's a good emphasis to say the cryptocurrency is mechanism to build a welth, because too often people are thinking that cryptocurrencies is just a tool of making money, like some crazy stuff that you can sell on the market in the Streets.

noah tall

Activity: 524

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:25:09 AM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a mechanism for building wealth, but it is not only for the wealthy. This is why our community is growing.  Anyone can get started investing in crypto, and various options (BTC, ALT Coins, ICO’s) make it easy to begin with small amounts of fiat and add to a build a portfolio. What differentiates investing in crypto from gambling is that it takes time!  There is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

The Definition of Investing is, “The act of committing money or capital to a venture with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.”
Legendary investor Warren Buffett defines investing as “… the process of laying out money now to receive more money in the future.” The goal of investing is to put your money to work in one or more types of investment vehicles like cryptocurrency, in the hopes of growing your money over time.

Remember we invest so we can “work smarter and not harder.” If you are like me, you work hard at your job.  It doesn’t matter whether you work for a company or own your own business. We all work long hours which requires sacrifice and adds stress to our lives. Using some of our hard-earned money and investing for our future needs is the best way to make the most of what you earn.  Pay yourself first by investing.

Investing is also about setting priorities for your money. Spending is way too easy and provides instant gratification.  New clothes, exotic vacations, fancy dinners and flashy sportscars are wonderful and make life more enjoyable. However, investing requires prioritizing the needs of our financial futures over the wants of our present desires.  Investing in cryptocurrency is a way to set aside money and put that money to work for you so that you can reap the rewards of your discipline in the future. This is how you receive a solid future.

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.
No one investing strategy or approach fits all. Every investor has different reasons for investing, different goals, different time horizons and varying degrees of comfort with investing. It’s important to define and articulate your own parameters.

You must set goals.  What do you want to achieve for the money that you will be investing? Is safety of your investment with some level of return sufficient? Are you trying to grow your money for a longer-term goal? You will even have different types of investments for different goals. Before you decide to invest any money into cryptocurrency it is imperative that you understand why you are investing and the result that you desire.  Goals should never be created in a vacuum. You also need to know your risk tolerance and your time-line as part of the goal-setting process.
Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

How much of a drop-in value for your investments can you tolerate? Your tolerance of this risk is a function of when you need the money.  This is your time horizon.  Usually, the younger you are the less thought you give to fluctuations in the value of your investments.  This is the volatility of an investment.  You should align your investments with your time horizon.
How long are you going stay in an investment?  Warren Buffett rarely sells a stock he owns and doesn’t get rattled by market fluctuations. This is generally known as a “buy-and-hold” strategy.  There are extreme traders who buy and sell cryptocurrency daily. This is fine if you are a professional but is rarely a good strategy for the average investor.  I am not saying that you need to hold an investment forever.  Things change, and you should analyze your individual holdings on a set schedule to ensure they are still appropriate for your situation.

Some crypto-investment vehicles require sophisticated knowledge and monitoring.  Others are more set it and forget it. Your individual investment decisions should be based on your comfort level and your willingness to devote time to researching your choices.  An easy route is to choose a variety of cryptocurrencies.   A diverse portfolio of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH.  Crypto investors with more knowledge and experience might consider ICO’s.  It is important that you understand what you do know and don’t know. You should never be talked into something that you don’t understand or are uncomfortable with.  

I totally agree with your points. And this is the problem of new investors that joins the crypto industry specially when the industry in on its peak as many investors think that it is a get-rich-quick scheme and in the end they lose all of their capital and they can only blame them selves as the did not acquire enough knowledge and plan their way in the future to earn in this industry.

Normally, not just in crypto. Every experienced investor will never jump into any investment without getting to familiarize themselves with the space so as to be able to do things the right way most of the time. Ignorance should never be an excuse for an investor and the thing about ignorance is that they limit you from making good decisions at every point in time.
Investing in crypto is not just some get rich quick kind of thing as you need to study a lot about the space and never stop studying so as to get the best from it.

renata.tuncha@ex.ua

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:42:45 AM

I totally agree with you. Hence, I want to add one more important thing - you should divide your investment between different assets. In such a way you will have higher chances of a success. I have found a trustworthy Token Sale project. It is called Socratus. It is a digital platform for insurance companies. So any insurance company can connect the platform to become the part of Insurance Digital Ecosystem. They are aiming to create a win-win insurance whereby you get instant claim payment,  fair and transparent dealing and friendly prices.  It means that there is no more solo human decisions to pay or not to pay, no more lingering manual claims handling procedures.
deloreswest

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:03:03 AM

yes, better put money on bitcoin or altcoin to invest. the next few years we will get a lot of results. crypto currency will never be stable, they will increase every year.
we will be rich if investing in bitcoin, at this time already many people who start investing in bitcoin as the next few months prices in the market will recover.
i believe there is a lot possibilities in cryptocurrency and while bitcoin keep increasing and make the market stronger there will be more new project that might success and have a good price in future like ethereum did. I do think we should not afraid anymore to invest in cryptocurrency and im so glad right now im invest my money in cryptocurrency while crypto are still in young stage.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
sergio red

Activity: 414
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:18:16 AM

Such a fantastic post about the investment in this crypto platform. you have fully discussed regarding this issue so that I am totally agreed with you on this issue. It's true that when you have a lot of money then you can take an effort to invest here otherwise you will face a trouble on this platform. Not only that but also you have to gain a proper knowledge about this system because knowledge and money will bring you a prosperous future.
sonofliberty

Activity: 395

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:30:37 AM

This is a very good explanation on crypto investing. Investing in crypto is very exciting, but should always be taken with caution. Crypto investments are highly volatile, which means one can make big gains and big losses. But what’s even more exciting than financial gain is the technology development. Blockchain is unleashing massive innovation, and the entire World is participating in this excitement. No one knows for sure what company will thrive in the future, but if you find a company with the right team and the right technology, then you are on right track to identifying a  good crypto investment.
I want to give her some money by doing bounties and then get to investing process because for now I'm thinking that I have not enough to invest, I need at least one and a half thousand dollars.

Hishad32

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:02:44 AM

for my part folks that need to have as a minimum a few success in making an investment in cryptocurrency, need to be educated and chuckle and study properly before doing any steps, due to the fact we're having ninety nine possibilities to fail, even as there is one opportunity to go with and achieve success.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:14:18 AM

The most fundamental thing when investing is to prepare for losses because the risk always comes to shadow the investors, then the second is do not put all the eggs in the same basket, must know everything I mean, and the last is do not forget to be grateful with the way sharing to others either in the form of material or science because it will be very useful,
While we invest in this market or in any other market because we want to make money at the same time people need to prepare for the very real possibility that they are going to lose money, many are not prepared for that and when they get their first losses they freak out and they immediately try to recover the money they lost and as you may guess this only creates even more losses and in most cases those losses are catastrophic and they cannot recover from them.
binghope

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:47:36 AM

Thank you, but each one has its own perception and style of trading, can combine and learn your principles in addition is a great thing.
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:17:14 PM

Investing in crypto-currencies must certainly be approached wisely. You can invest in bitcoin only those few free funds that are not so important to you. And keep in mind that the term of investment can be great because of the volatility of the market.
Yeah you are right, risk is a part of business and investment in crypto is a business. If you want to earn money from crypto investment you will have to take some risks also. If you afraid of losing your money then crypto is not for you. You can invest in some regular business. Crypto is for daring people and it needs patient and courage. No other business will give you such big profits.
Masleo

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:32:46 PM

Yes, Cryptocurrency is a new model of invesment. And now we have more options to save or invest our capitals. And that's a good thing I believe.
hatsoff2btc

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:41:25 AM

Risk can mean a lot of things.  Investing in cryptocurrency means you have a risk of losing money. Your money invested can decrease in value, possibly to zero.  ALL investing involves risk in one way or another. Stocks often can go down in value over periods of time, just like crypto.  Do you remember what happened in 2008?  The S&P 500 dropped by 37%. This decline in the stock market was one of the worst in history.  Severe market corrections are not uncommon, especially in cryptocurrency!

Good article and this was my favorite part. I am tired of trying to explain to people that BTC is not the only volatile stuff in the market. Look at the price of vegetables,  avocados, for instance.
Congrats on your article, thanks and +merit for you.
Thanks for your contribution.
Having a written investment strategy also implements a discipline not to make decisions when unexpected events occur. Where on speculative investment will definitely happen. Going back to your initial thinking can hinder to act emotionally for fear or greed.
Many people that consider themselves traders or investors know a thing or two about it, but they only concentrate on the tactics needed to make money, they do not concentrate on an overall strategy, they do not have a plan and without a plan then you do not know how your investments or your trades fit in any kind of long term plan and this is why most people do not reach their goals.

Almost investors are amateur, they come to the crypto world to make some "easy money" without any experience in investing or knowledge about technical analysis. So something like overall strategy and plan is very strange to them. That's why most people get lost in the crypto market.
Investing in any of the crypto currencies is a very good thing to do and that it can bring you a lot of money but the only condition is that you must work harder and that you need to keep on working harder and consistently and that you must plan the things according to the situation and that you must keep holding your nerves even if the market value starts falling.
Amanda Green

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:54:29 AM

You are definitely right. However, I want to add one more important thing - you should divide your investment between different assets. In such a way you will have higher chances of a success. I have found a trustworthy Token Sale project. It is called Socratus. It is a digital platform for insurance companies. So any insurance company can connect the platform to become the part of Insurance Digital Ecosystem. They are aiming to create a win-win insurance whereby you get instant claim payment,  fair and transparent dealing and friendly prices.  It means that there is no more solo human decisions to pay or not to pay, no more lingering manual claims handling procedures.
thevlox

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:18:09 AM

My advice will be to invest in bitcoin. Must have ideas about bitcoin first. Know bitcoin's rules and invest in bitcoin to understand it. When working, you have to work on keeping it working.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:56:43 AM

In any investment, we should divide our portfolio, we should not put all money in on coin/token. Better put in several good coin/token. Money management in every investment we made can save us from market fluctuation.
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:56:39 AM

This is a good advice indeed. I personally recommend beginners to invest in crypto only by their effort and time but not put money directly into coins.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
Crystal24

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:10:54 AM

As a beginner, you can start by investing into good icos .
And if you have the time for bounty campaigns, you can also join bounties and then channel money made into some good altcoins or icos for longterm purposes.
gosha18

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:19:22 AM

Investing in cryptocurrency is a mechanism for building wealth, but it is not only for the wealthy. This is why our community is growing.  Anyone can get started investing in crypto, and various options (BTC, ALT Coins, ICO’s) make it easy to begin with small amounts of fiat and add to a build a portfolio. What differentiates investing in crypto from gambling is that it takes time!  There is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

The Definition of Investing is, “The act of committing money or capital to a venture with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.”
Legendary investor Warren Buffett defines investing as “… the process of laying out money now to receive more money in the future.” The goal of investing is to put your money to work in one or more types of investment vehicles like cryptocurrency, in the hopes of growing your money over time.

Remember we invest so we can “work smarter and not harder.” If you are like me, you work hard at your job.  It doesn’t matter whether you work for a company or own your own business. We all work long hours which requires sacrifice and adds stress to our lives. Using some of our hard-earned money and investing for our future needs is the best way to make the most of what you earn.  Pay yourself first by investing.

Investing is also about setting priorities for your money. Spending is way too easy and provides instant gratification.  New clothes, exotic vacations, fancy dinners and flashy sportscars are wonderful and make life more enjoyable. However, investing requires prioritizing the needs of our financial futures over the wants of our present desires.  Investing in cryptocurrency is a way to set aside money and put that money to work for you so that you can reap the rewards of your discipline in the future. This is how you receive a solid future.

There are several different ways you can invest in cryptocurrency, including putting money into coins, tokens, ICO’s, Bounty Campaigns, etc. Every investment vehicle has its positives and negatives.  There are no guarantees of making money, but a little work on your part can increase your odds of being successful. Analysis, research and even just plain reading up on crypto can help.
No one investing strategy or approach fits all. Every investor has different reasons for investing, different goals, different time horizons and varying degrees of comfort with investing. It’s important to define and articulate your own parameters.

You must set goals.  What do you want to achieve for the money that you will be investing? Is safety of your investment with some level of return sufficient? Are you trying to grow your money for a longer-term goal? You will even have different types of investments for different goals. Before you decide to invest any money into cryptocurrency it is imperative that you understand why you are investing and the result that you desire.  Goals should never be created in a vacuum. You also need to know your risk tolerance and your time-line as part of the goal-setting process.

How much of a drop-in value for your investments can you tolerate? Your tolerance of this risk is a function of when you need the money.  This is your time horizon.  Usually, the younger you are the less thought you give to fluctuations in the value of your investments.  This is the volatility of an investment.  You should align your investments with your time horizon.
How long are you going stay in an investment?  Warren Buffett rarely sells a stock he owns and doesn’t get rattled by market fluctuations. This is generally known as a “buy-and-hold” strategy.  There are extreme traders who buy and sell cryptocurrency daily. This is fine if you are a professional but is rarely a good strategy for the average investor.  I am not saying that you need to hold an investment forever.  Things change, and you should analyze your individual holdings on a set schedule to ensure they are still appropriate for your situation.

Some crypto-investment vehicles require sophisticated knowledge and monitoring.  Others are more set it and forget it. Your individual investment decisions should be based on your comfort level and your willingness to devote time to researching your choices.  An easy route is to choose a variety of cryptocurrencies.   A diverse portfolio of BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH.  Crypto investors with more knowledge and experience might consider ICO’s.  It is important that you understand what you do know and don’t know. You should never be talked into something that you don’t understand or are uncomfortable with.  

Very interesting opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: