Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:07:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IS ETHERDELTA SAFE?  (Read 19507 times)
putrisa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:11:13 PM

for now it seems that etherdelta is not very good to be used for exchange since I've heard that there was a hack that caused some people to lose their ethereum. to avoid the risk better not to trade there again.
kolsernik

Activity: 722
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:45:31 PM

recently, the exchange is working fine.No problems are observed.And in General, this exchange often helps.I like her.
eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:05:28 PM

I think the hacked exchange site might have the potential to hit again so you better do not get into etherdelta again you better use another exchange place that is still healthy and safe like idex or binance.
Cagan

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:43:22 PM

decentralized stock exchanges can also suffer losses when they are attacked by other stock exchanges. As we enter those sites which are important, let's pay attention to phising. If you fall into phising, all your money may go. if possible I would recommend the stock exchange. The hacker meets your loss against the attack. transfer your money to your wallet for a long time not your money on that site.
bananafox

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:22:00 PM

A few months ago there was an issue with Etherdelta and some people lost their ETH and tokens.

Has the issue been fixed, is it safe now?

There is no point in risking so much that you can lose your coins, I do not advise you to use them.
Arkham Knight

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:21:47 AM

That is not a good idea my friend.  Etherdelta is a complete shitty exchange now and they are in the same state with poloniex. Don't risk your coins there because there are many options to choose from like IDEX which is becoming popular and what I use for my ETH and ERC20 tokens trading.
boty

Activity: 1176
Merit: 212

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:41:25 AM

yes you are right some time ago etherdelta indeed seems to be hit by hack and make loss some ethereum there and I think it is very horrible should not you trading there again, because it will risk losing your ethereum.

GemmaYoung757

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:53:45 AM

Yes. EtherDelta has confirmed that they have been hacked on Twitter and advised all users to stop using the site.
But now EtherDelta is one of the few decentralized trading platforms, the money stored in the EtherDelta wallet is safe from smart deals.
EtherDelta will be a good choice for investors who want to buy a new coin, even ICO finishes that can not be found on another large floor.
Rimon365

Activity: 623

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 05:23:13 PM

No doubt, ETHERDELTA is safe. Recently it will hacked. Many people lost there asset. But i think now it is full safe. I hope these accident will not happen in the future.

kuncimobil

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:47:55 PM

I once did trading on etherdelta and at that time I never had a problem, but I do not know the current conditions because I've left etherdelta because the price in etherdelta is very low
Bitkoplak

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 03:39:50 PM

whether the problem of losing their eth is from etherdelta or MEW, so far I have not lost eth in etherdelta, but in mew I experienced it, thanks for the info, I must be careful
XIE-XIE

Activity: 252
Merit: 19

SYNAPSECOIN.NET

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:07:13 PM

I think all the exchange has provided security features in its web exchange, so I think etherdelta is quite safe.

Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:54:10 PM

In term of safety i use etherdelta many times to sell some bounty tokens and nothing bad is happen...but in other things etherdelta stay a shit exchange

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
FastSlots

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:34:43 PM

It is very unnecessary and slow to use forkdelta while safe, but in idex. Idex is very fast and reliable.
dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:29:50 PM

EtherDelta is safe. The only real issues that I know of happened a few months ago where a third party intercepted their website or something, and so they were able to steal the private keys of people who at that time tried to import their wallet into the platform.

So for that reason it’s best to always go to their Twitter when you need to log on, since they will report any such issues as soon as they find out about it.

So I guess it’s not all that safe in that sense, but such things are rare and part of growing pains.
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:56:42 PM

A few months ago there was an issue with Etherdelta and some people lost their ETH and tokens.

Has the issue been fixed, is it safe now?

I think etherdelta is now safe but to become more safer try forkdelta which is also same management but more protective . I never use etherdelta since forkdelta launched .
Nesbee2

Activity: 840
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 11:41:02 PM

To play safe on any decentralized  Exchange I will advise you use  metamask extension,  at least with that would not expose your private to hackers. Although  folk draft has come up to be a little bit go faster than Etherdelta,  but they are both safe.  Avoid as much as you can not to use your private anyhow..Atleast theast time Etherdelta.com was hacked through sending a phishing link,  those who logged in with their private lost their assets, while  nothing happened to my funds because I used metamask .  application.  Apart from clicking phishing links  droped in groups,  Etherdelta  is still good to trade on.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 01:44:20 AM

To play safe on any decentralized  Exchange I will advise you use  metamask extension,  at least with that would not expose your private to hackers. Although  folk draft has come up to be a little bit go faster than Etherdelta,  but they are both safe.  Avoid as much as you can not to use your private anyhow..Atleast theast time Etherdelta.com was hacked through sending a phishing link,  those who logged in with their private lost their assets, while  nothing happened to my funds because I used metamask .  application.  Apart from clicking phishing links  droped in groups,  Etherdelta  is still good to trade on.

I agree with using metamask because you are not required to input your private key. Although, it is still safe to use ethredelta or forkdelta for that matter with your private key as long as it is the right site always. I would advise to bookmark the site and access it from there so that you know you are accessing the right site and not a phishing site. The tendency is that many people become victims of phishing site because they always search the site and there are many phishing sites appearing first when searching.

quicysz

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:14:00 AM

Be careful accessing your accounts, always there phishing attacks recently but on the other hand the might not attack the same place again soon. So maybe Etherdelta safe for the very moment.
Adecrypt83
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:24:00 AM

It is safe to use now but I still prefer fork delta to it. The one I don't like using is Idex
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: