Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:34:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO with proven business or ICO that start from zero? You pick!  (Read 770 times)
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 11:12:18 AM

From my experience it is better to invest in ICOs with a working business model or product already rather than start-up.Start ups take your money,start working and realize it isn't easy,then they start giving investors excuses and if you are unlucky you never hear from them again.In any case always do the appropriate due diligence before investing with anyone.

Haley craft

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:16:05 AM

ICO is a speculative game. Is it not a gamble to invest in ICO?
People don't like these ICO projects, they just want to win.

bendominic

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:25:54 AM

ICO is not only about looting your money, there are thousand of developers out there who are working hard day and night to make their project live.

i think ICO is the boon for such developers.
Bonepark

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:27:06 AM

On security, real projects are better, less chance for a scam. But there are very interesting projects from zero with great perspective.
moses_dw (OP)

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 11:32:38 AM

ICO is a speculative game. Is it not a gamble to invest in ICO?
People don't like these ICO projects, they just want to win.

Gamble is betting on something that you don't know.
Invest is betting on something in something you know due to your dilligence
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 02:13:35 PM

Hello fellow community members,

Recently I saw lots of people announcing new altcoins. They're planning to launch ICO soon. But I was wondering if we should invest in ICO with proven business which will reduce the risk of our investment or go big with ICO project that we believe in but it starts from zero?

The trend of ICO is everywhere and lots of SCAMS is happening. Therefore, viewing ICO from risk management perspective is also important. What do you guys think?

"Price is what you pay. Value is what you get." - Warren Buffett

Yeah ICO's are on trend nowadays and they have got also problems regarding regulations in some other countries that is why they find it hard to make a move freely. Some other websites and social media are now restricting people to post something like an ICO promotion so marketing is really that hard for the team. So for me I have to obviously choose an ICO with a proven business since they were already known or maybe they have something to prove, show to the investors and advertisers who wants a safer and sure way of investments than those ICO's that started from zero but that really depends on every individual to choose or on how they might evaluate and see a potential towards the said ICO.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
gon

Activity: 460
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:14:33 PM

Recently I saw lots of people announcing new altcoins. They're planning to launch ICO soon. But I was wondering if we should invest in ICO with proven business which will reduce the risk of our investment or go big with ICO project that we believe in but it starts from zero?

The trend of ICO is everywhere and lots of SCAMS is happening. Therefore, viewing ICO from risk management perspective is also important. What do you guys think?

I prefer projects starting from zero.
Scams are more often there but also the chances for quick rise and getting x5-x10 are much bigger than investing in already developed business.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 02:20:18 PM

"Going big" on an ico that starts from zero is a terrible choice.
I'm not going to say the cliche, "Because it's risky!"
I will give you a more practical reason:

In order to get substantial profit from an ico with no development, you will have to hold onto it for an extended period of time.
And ICO that has a working product or a product that will go live within a month after ICO has tremendous liquidity and demand.
You will be able to sell for a profit really easily in short amount of time.

And here is the important part: in order to gain huge profits through investing, it's not about just investing and waiting for 1000% gains, it is all about increasing the volume and value of your assets.
There is no buy one, hit the moon, and lambo that many people hope for.
You can not put a couple thousand into a coin and expect to be a millionare in a couple years.
Instead you should be focusing on increasing the amount of btc or eth you have (the 2 most readily convertible cryptos into cash)

So, you will find that you will get more profit by investing in an ico with a working product, selling quickly for profit, then reinvesting into another project.
Your capital will skyrocket faster than just "going big"

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:22:05 PM

considering over 90% of icos will perish due to never completing their dreams and talk white paper I will avoid any that do not have a product in at least beta form that has a proven use case that can not easily be achieved with btc or eth.

bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:53:00 PM

ICO with poven business is better. We are afraid about scammers that launch ICO only to gain money. At least we should know that the developers are really have skill. If they can provide already made product then it will makes investors thrust them. I hope some people can share about how to verify an ICO.
from my honest opinion, an ICO that's already have the business is just trying to gather money out of it so why bother funding them while they are already financially secure, unlike those ICO that start from zero but with credible information and reliable developers.
I could say, it's better to make a brilliant idea comes true than funding already proven business just to get its capitalisation bigger.
It really depends on your preferences, there are many people that prefer to invest in icos that have not done any work whatsoever, while there are other people that prefer to play it safe and prefer to invest in icos that have a project developed already, both approaches have their pros and cons and you must decide what type of investor you are and in which type of projects you will like to invest.
JasonCroper

Activity: 145
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:01:16 PM

Many people will choose ICO with a proven business because it seems more reliable.

I think that in most cases it is. But there are good ideas for new projects that can bring a very good income without any business at all.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:06:26 PM

You should probably diversify your portfolio to emcompass some ICOs which have a proven business model and a working product, and others that are promising but do not yet have anything tangible on offer that can be used.

The risk of investing in vaporware is extremely high, but can be rewarding.

E.g. EOS i believe is something that has a clear roadmap, but its software probably isn't ready just yet and main net launch is still some time away. But I would still invest in them. But Enjin coin etc. even though they've got an established business, the upside is small and i would not personally invest in them.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:15:43 PM

There would be very few ICOs that I’d trust enough to invest into.  A proven product is much better in my opinion. So many of the others are just other people’s ideas rehashed and rebranded, but not really a new idea. ICO scams abound and some are very well put together.  

Of all the “new idea” ICOs I’ve looked at, FarmaTrust would be at the top of my list of buy-ins, and even they’ve had to pause their ICO and redo their tokenomics structure.

I find it more reassuring to put $ into existing coins and get some ICO coins doing campaigns, which doesn’t risk $ on a startup.  But hey, that’s what I’m comfortable with.  You may have different goals and risk comfort.
yuukireit

Activity: 157

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:19:16 PM

ICO with proven bussiness are good to invest you know
we can look their fundamental asset by see their product, it can reduce time to explore or anlyzd those project rather than ICO start from zero that we need to wait for a long time to getting understand and analyzed their project
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:32:10 PM

Of course. We must invest in the right place. We can invest in a proven ICO. Already undergoing Pre-ICO well. Minimal already softcap or Hardcap. And the main oaling is the ICO project team that is active in responding to every Contributor question. Because what I see, Developers who are off is a sign of ICO is a scam.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
Awan Awan

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:46:09 PM

I realize that ico scam and run with our money is the ico with product failure and its starting from zero before crowdsale.
So choose the project with zero product is not good decision because they can run oir money and scam us. So choose the project with product and running to make higher profit chance.
Ray3z

Activity: 188

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:52:16 PM

ICO with proven bussiness are good to invest you know
we can look their fundamental asset by see their product, it can reduce time to explore or anlyzd those project rather than ICO start from zero that we need to wait for a long time to getting understand and analyzed their project

So many scam ico nowdays so we need to be careful before choosing the right on because if not then we can go further to scam project again and again.
In this case, i have no doubt that i will choose project ico which already has existing working product then they will not scam us.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:59:51 PM

Only few companies do decide to have a crowdfunding and I do say this would be really worth to invest on since you can somehow get an assurance that you do put your money into a working company or do already exist but somehow there are ico which don't have working product but if you do able to read up some projects which do have potential then its still worth to try on and this is why every investment do have always accompanied with risk

xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:13:01 AM

In my honest opinion, I really think that it would be best to go on ICOs with proven businesses already just to be a bit more sure that you will get profits or good returns for your investments. But if we think about it, it really comes down to the ideology of the project itself and the developing team behind it that is shaping the project. No matter how early it is in its road map, I think that it would be able to deliver if the project itself really solves true problems and is well managed by the developers. But it still depends if you are a patient investor or not or loves a long term hold more than a short term hold because projects that do not have working products yet or businesses will take a lot of time and effort to build which means you will also have to hold long term as an investor.
moses_dw (OP)

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 06:21:21 AM

In my honest opinion, I really think that it would be best to go on ICOs with proven businesses already just to be a bit more sure that you will get profits or good returns for your investments. But if we think about it, it really comes down to the ideology of the project itself and the developing team behind it that is shaping the project. No matter how early it is in its road map, I think that it would be able to deliver if the project itself really solves true problems and is well managed by the developers. But it still depends if you are a patient investor or not or loves a long term hold more than a short term hold because projects that do not have working products yet or businesses will take a lot of time and effort to build which means you will also have to hold long term as an investor.

Definitely! Investment is a game of patient. People with weak minds who can't see the future benefits will stop on the midway.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: