Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:40:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TMAN'S guide to getting merit.  (Read 17956 times)
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 05:49:30 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 06:09:08 PM by TMAN

If you're a person that can give a lot of time to study something then no need to be guided by some one. As long as the rules are stated clearly and it does make sense for every sentences that have been made then there will be no more questioning or even asking that have been answered already.
But pertaining to those people who doesn't have the ability to speak or even understand english fluently then they must be guided to their own local board. There is no excuse for being a lazy person.

This is just bad English and you either use a translate tool or need to take the actions in my op. Your choice but I do not see you ranking up posting like this

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 08:23:00 AM
Merited by qwk (2), TMAN (2)

thanks for sending over the merit hunters, you dick.

Just kidding.

Thanks for the kudos and the plug, sir! Cheesy

I don't mind taking in the bounty and merit hunters. I spend a lot of time critiquing their posts, and I really hope that they do take the criticism well and apply it.

For everyone reading this, TMAN is right. Although I've done it in the past, I rarely merit [non-technical] posts that are poorly constructed. While a lot of people complain that it's not fair that non-native English speakers have a disadvantage here, you have to remember that this forum is an English-speaking forum. No one is forcing them to be here, and there are no "rights" as a member here. Simply stated, you have to adhere to the rules and policies of the forums, not the other way around. Bitcointalk does not have to cater to you. Being here is a privilege, not a right. Same with bounties and campaigns.

So it's only fair that many OG members of the forums here are going to frown upon third-world posters who make very little effort to "fit in". Fitting in is definitely possible, as I have made friends with a few users here that caught me by surprise when I learned that English was not their first language.

With that, moving to and living in a third-world country myself, I have encountered a lot of ESL people. They ask me to help teach them proper English, and for the ones with smart phones and computers, I point them towards duolingo. They make it EXTREMELY easy to start learning English for 5 minutes a day. I think that 5 minutes is a minor investment of time to make in order to brush up your skills.

Give them a shot. It's free.

https://www.duolingo.com/course/en/ar/Learn-English-Online

Thanks for posting this, TMAN.

TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 09:14:20 AM

thanks for sending over the merit hunters, you dick.

Just kidding.

Thanks for the kudos and the plug, sir! Cheesy

I don't mind taking in the bounty and merit hunters. I spend a lot of time critiquing their posts, and I really hope that they do take the criticism well and apply it.

For everyone reading this, TMAN is right. Although I've done it in the past, I rarely merit [non-technical] posts that are poorly constructed. While a lot of people complain that it's not fair that non-native English speakers have a disadvantage here, you have to remember that this forum is an English-speaking forum. No one is forcing them to be here, and there are no "rights" as a member here. Simply stated, you have to adhere to the rules and policies of the forums, not the other way around. Bitcointalk does not have to cater to you. Being here is a privilege, not a right. Same with bounties and campaigns.

So it's only fair that many OG members of the forums here are going to frown upon third-world posters who make very little effort to "fit in". Fitting in is definitely possible, as I have made friends with a few users here that caught me by surprise when I learned that English was not their first language.

With that, moving to and living in a third-world country myself, I have encountered a lot of ESL people. They ask me to help teach them proper English, and for the ones with smart phones and computers, I point them towards duolingo. They make it EXTREMELY easy to start learning English for 5 minutes a day. I think that 5 minutes is a minor investment of time to make in order to brush up your skills.

Give them a shot. It's free.

https://www.duolingo.com/course/en/ar/Learn-English-Online

Thanks for posting this, TMAN.

It's hard handing out merits to total unknowns, the worst are the ones who use far too many words thinking that makes it a quality post.

Mate good luck with your project hope it takes off man

selezneve

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:54:58 AM

Thanks for the useful guide here. I will also like to give one more suggestion to members here. It is good that the forum allows you to make money by participating in signature campaigns and posting quality content here. Thus,  if you have to improve your English for this, you can go for it. But never rely on this income alone. Have multiple sources of income. Best way to use this forum is by learning about crypto investment here and then using those strategies to actually trade crypto. There is huge money to be made there and the bounties are nowhere in comparison to that earnings.
Alone055

Activity: 1064
Merit: 212

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 10:57:20 AM

Honestly, i'm nit goid enough in english. Thats why i still learning and learn on this forum.
If you see any mistakes on mine, just free to tell me. I'm realy happy to hear any guide from other.  Smiley

Not good, from december i remember, my etha adsress still count around $18.
As i said before, i don't have much knowledge here.
And seriously, you ask me i have another account?
My answear is No, you can see and if you found any mistake, just inform me.

@Indohunter, you have posted these two posts one after the other, which is against the rules.
Rule No. 32, which says you can't post multiple posts in a row except for the one exclusion that you can read below:

32. Posting multiple posts in a row (excluding bumps and reserved posts by the thread starter) is not allowed.

Read complete list of rules once, and don't do these simple mistakes in future. It can cost you more than you might think it does. If you want to reply to more than one posts then you have the option to quote all of them in one post. You can quote as many posts as you want in your post. So you don't need to quote all of them in different posts to reply them. And also, learn to cut off the unnecessary texts when you are quoting a text and only keep the text that you are replying to. It looks messy when you quote all the texts and just write something for only one of them.
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:03:25 AM

Thanks for the useful guide here. I will also like to give one more suggestion to members here. It is good that the forum allows you to make money by participating in signature campaigns and posting quality content here. Thus,  if you have to improve your English for this, you can go for it. But never rely on this income alone. Have multiple sources of income. Best way to use this forum is by learning about crypto investment here and then using those strategies to actually trade crypto. There is huge money to be made there and the bounties are nowhere in comparison to that earnings.

Sorry to derail this thread momentarily, but I need to address this statement. Be careful. You're not a financial advisor, so please don't act like one. Trading crypto is not the best solution for earning, especially when most newbies will have no idea what to research. This forum alone isn't nearly enough to arm someone with the tools to become profitable at trading, so please be careful with giving this type of advice, as it's never as sure of a thing as your post made it sound.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:32:59 AM

Trading crypto is not the best solution for earning, especially when most newbies will have no idea what to research. This forum alone isn't nearly enough to arm someone with the tools to become profitable at trading, so please be careful with giving this type of advice, as it's never as sure of a thing as your post made it sound.

I'll second that advice. Remember, you start off at a disadvantage because of the spread. 'The spread' is the difference between the buying and the selling price, and it is the profit made by the exchange, and their safeguard against losses. In times of high volatility, the spread will be wider. So how does this affect you as a trader? If you buy coins, and then sell them immediately, then you will lose the spread. You do not make any profit until the price has moved enough to cover the loss from the spread. If the price goes against you, then the spread is added to your losses.

I know about arbitrage, but I think that is outside the scope of this thread.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:38:57 AM

Nice guide pumpkin, I must have become bumpkin after strolling in Philippine.

However this place is much more home than a country just like oneself take granted what is really given.
it is up to a persons decision whether s/he needs bettering him/herself.

TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 01:40:54 PM

Anyone suggesting trading to noobs is retarded. Just buy btc and save it

Zlatangu

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:39:02 PM

Step 2.

How to become a god!?
-Learn how to analyse data.
-Learn SQL.
-Learn!
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:59:14 PM

As a top 10 merited user I feel qualified to post this guide, this is to help new users and users who are reasonably established to level up.
I am adamant the no1 cause of no merits is poor English, this is something you can change if you are struggling to get merits so if you know that this is the limitation then you need to take some steps

* Improve your English language, this isnt just spelling and grammar this includes using words like Sir & Mr when I see those I imediately asume the person is a 3rd world poster
* Spend the time that you currently use posting incoherent rubbish to learn proper Written English, start with youtube there has to be over 3002 different videos about writing the English Language
* Read a few English books, you can download free Ebooks as a starter, look how sentences are structured common words etc.
* Remember a quality post isnt necessarily a long winded post, using words that make you sound like you swallowed a thesauras doesnt help your cause

Take the above advise and stop trying to level up for 3-6 months you will become a quality poster if you use some more of your free time reading the forum, this doesn't mean bounties, altcoins, speculation all the shit subs.. and only post in a few threads every week, no need to try to max out the activity now, sure you want to keep getting towards the higher numbers but its counter productive when we see high activity and 0 merit. Read technical discussion, read all of the most merited threads, understand the significance of Pizza day, the 2011 bubble, Cyprus, HODL, the fall of all the securities that some of us lost the equivalent of $Millions now.

one other thing, you need to stop these bounties, I know it hurts you now financially, but seeing someone in a low end bounty for $20 just makes me asume they are a 3rd world poster and with a great initiative by BTCforJoe there is an option to help
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616.0
That thread is a tremendous Idea so props to OP there

Now take my advise as you will, you are entitled to your opinion but I believe if you took the above actions you will be in a position to apply for the higher paying sig campaigns in 2-3 years from a newbie  that's right you could be earning $300 a week from your signature if you put in effort and took some short term pain think of it as a training course to get 3x the Philippine's average family income.

This will all go above thousands of users heads, but if it just helps one user to get out of poverty by bettering themselves then it was worth writing.  

Edit - link for English lessons https://www.duolingo.com/course/en/ar/Learn-English-Online

Also read the forum rules, I am not spoon feeding you the link as you need to learn to use the search button as well, once you have mastered the search function of the forum you will be able to check if your topic has been posted about before

This guide is brilliant, it's really nice to see that people like you and others in this thread have taken efforts to find a solution and finally address a problem that's been there since a long while pre and post merits system. The post quality has improved, but grammar wise not at all, what is worrying that some of these posts are getting merits, which is a worrying trend.

One more point I would like to add is the creation of new topics, which are full of shit and nonsense, yet they're created and get merits, I would really like you to address this stop turning this forum into a dump yard, and make constructive threads. I hope all newbies and other member's follow this guide.
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 06:48:37 PM

This guide is brilliant, it's really nice to see that people like you and others in this thread have taken efforts to find a solution and finally address a problem that's been there since a long while pre and post merits system. The post quality has improved, but grammar wise not at all, what is worrying that some of these posts are getting merits, which is a worrying trend.

One more point I would like to add is the creation of new topics, which are full of shit and nonsense, yet they're created and get merits, I would really like you to address this stop turning this forum into a dump yard, and make constructive threads. I hope all newbies and other member's follow this guide.

Please learn how to clip quotes. You’re a Sr. Member, which means you should know not to create big ol’ walls of text. You’ll rarely get merited for posts that quote entire original posts... also, just because you make a long post doesn’t mean that it’s a good post. Given your post history, you seem to think so. This is just me being over critical; feel free to ignore me if you like. You’re hardly part of the overall problem that TMAN is trying to address with this post.

KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:02:43 PM

Improving English and knowledge about cryptocurrency will take a lot of time but as I can see almost members are trying to earn money asap in here that why they don't choose this long term way, they cheated merit system to get to higher rank Smiley)). Unfortunately, a lot of cheaters got caught by DT member Smiley)). Poor lazy guys

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 07:26:58 PM

You’ll rarely get merited for posts that quote entire original posts

Quoting long posts, or great hierarchies of posts, is one of the reasons I put people on ignore. If a poster is on ignore, then his thread can't be seen, and so he can't get any merit.

I've started to use a meow ( >..< ) to replace a complete 'quote' if I want to reply within a few posts of the original.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 08:08:35 PM

let alone a beginner or newbie, it would be very difficult to be able to ride rank, so what can someone to be able to mengitih merit to me, and what should a newbie do in order to get merit ,?

Did you even read the OP here?

FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:22:07 AM

let alone a beginner or newbie, it would be very difficult to be able to ride rank, so what can someone to be able to mengitih merit to me, and what should a newbie do in order to get merit ,?

Did you even read the OP here?

I think you should suggest books to read, If a non-english speaker went to read huckleberry fin, or the original treasure island I think that would be counter productive.

I don't understand how you can suggest reading books if you don't understand the language how is it supposed to help 

You think I could just pick up a book in spanish and read it and better understand it?
TwitchySeal
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 2020

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:34:40 AM

Alternatively, the subject of this thread could be "TMAN'S guide to not making shitty posts"

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:07:29 AM

Thanks to this useful guide, I surely do this from now and then. I am using Duolingo already to learn other language and I'm gonna add English course. You are enjoying and learning at the same time, and of course I do give much time now reading here in forum.
vinz7229

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:07:44 AM

As a top 10 merited user I feel qualified to post this guide, this is to help new users and users who are reasonably established to level up.
I am adamant the no1 cause of no merits is poor English, this is something you can change if you are struggling to get merits so if you know that this is the limitation then you need to take some steps

* Improve your English language, this isnt just spelling and grammar this includes using words like Sir & Mr when I see those I imediately asume the person is a 3rd world poster
* Spend the time that you currently use posting incoherent rubbish to learn proper Written English, start with youtube there has to be over 3002 different videos about writing the English Language
* Read a few English books, you can download free Ebooks as a starter, look how sentences are structured common words etc.
* Remember a quality post isnt necessarily a long winded post, using words that make you sound like you swallowed a thesauras doesnt help your cause

Take the above advise and stop trying to level up for 3-6 months you will become a quality poster if you use some more of your free time reading the forum, this doesn't mean bounties, altcoins, speculation all the shit subs.. and only post in a few threads every week, no need to try to max out the activity now, sure you want to keep getting towards the higher numbers but its counter productive when we see high activity and 0 merit. Read technical discussion, read all of the most merited threads, understand the significance of Pizza day, the 2011 bubble, Cyprus, HODL, the fall of all the securities that some of us lost the equivalent of $Millions now.

one other thing, you need to stop these bounties, I know it hurts you now financially, but seeing someone in a low end bounty for $20 just makes me asume they are a 3rd world poster and with a great initiative by BTCforJoe there is an option to help
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616.0
That thread is a tremendous Idea so props to OP there

Now take my advise as you will, you are entitled to your opinion but I believe if you took the above actions you will be in a position to apply for the higher paying sig campaigns in 2-3 years from a newbie  that's right you could be earning $300 a week from your signature if you put in effort and took some short term pain think of it as a training course to get 3x the Philippine's average family income.

This will all go above thousands of users heads, but if it just helps one user to get out of poverty by bettering themselves then it was worth writing.  

Edit - link for English lessons https://www.duolingo.com/course/en/ar/Learn-English-Online

Also read the forum rules, I am not spoon feeding you the link as you need to learn to use the search button as well, once you have mastered the search function of the forum you will be able to check if your topic has been posted about before

Thank you sir for this very informative guidelines, it didn't waste my time reading this topic cause I've learned something new which I can apply  in making a high quality post. It is also true that making a topic doesn't require a long one, what matter is it should be constructive and informative. Wink
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 04:16:52 AM

I think you should suggest books to read, If a non-english speaker went to read huckleberry fin, or the original treasure island I think that would be counter productive.

I don't understand how you can suggest reading books if you don't understand the language how is it supposed to help  

You think I could just pick up a book in spanish and read it and better understand it?

No one is here to hold the hands of members who won't take the time to properly learn English in order to post on an English-speaking forum. If you don't have the basic knowledge or capability of learning how to use Google to find what you're searching for, then you don't belong on the forums in the first place.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=easy+books+to+read+to+learn+english

Thank you sir for this very informative guidelines, it didn't waste my time reading this topic cause I've learned something new which I can apply  in making a high quality post. It is also true that making a topic doesn't require a long one, what matter is it should be constructive and informative. Wink

Not only did you include the entire quoted post of the OP, you obviously didn't read it. You addressed TMAN as "sir", which he highly frowns upon. It's also in the very third sentence of his post. You are a classic example of the type of user he is recommending not to be. Quoting a post to make your post appear longer is not fooling anyone, and you shouldn't do it. You stated that you learned something new by reading his post, but you obviously did not, as your entire post is not constructive or contributive to the topic. In fact, if your post wasn't posted at all, it would have absolutely no effect on the direction of this thread (except for my obvious reply to you).

Alternatively, the subject of this thread could be "TMAN'S guide to not making shitty posts"

Ironically, the two posts directly after yours were nothing but shit Tongue

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: