Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:31:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Not] Good price at CEX.io  (Read 49046 times)
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 06:07:40 PM

It's pretty cheap now... It's like people overestimated the decline due to difficulty increase and panic sold all their holdings. I've never seen it this low before and the difficulty didn't rise THAT much.  Huh

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lerelerele

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:08:42 PM

It's pretty cheap now... It's like people overestimated the decline due to difficulty increase and panic sold all their holdings. I've never seen it this low before and the difficulty didn't rise THAT much.  Huh

The price is still expensive.
shmoula

Activity: 304

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 11:29:07 AM

I don't think you understand how it works. The price will continue to drop as the difficulty rises. The mining revenue is expected to make up for the drop in price, but the problem is that the shares cost more (0.0425 BTC) than they will ever mine (less than 0.0300 BTC). As a result, the revenue will never exceed or even equal the drop in price, and it will be a loss for everyone except a few lucky (or smart) people and the people that run cex.io.

Price on cex.io never reflected difficulty increases, it's just a cex.io owners game. Many people there just bought something they does not know what it is. Now is time, when players are waiting when those people start panic-selling and start buying again.

Habbeat - beat your habits more effective way!!!
Always empty box(no cat also no coin): 1SHM1tiur2iNBCVxCBr7vAJ84PrPZ6d6v
ZetaOS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:13:25 AM

Yep is now a far price :-)

Mine the easy way - CEX.io Build your own cloud miner!
Goedkoop bitcoins? www.koop-bitcoin.nl
FalconFly

Activity: 252

Sentinel

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:18:34 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 10:50:17 PM by FalconFly

It's pretty cheap now... It's like people overestimated the decline due to difficulty increase and panic sold all their holdings. I've never seen it this low before and the difficulty didn't rise THAT much.  Huh

That's approximately what you get for your investment (based on their current "low" price/GHs and the example/assumption of it being all cloud mining) :

You better be full of hope that your GHs resale price make up for that >60% shortfall in profitability (hint : it won't by a far margin)....
And that delta is exactly what cex.io is living off... Skimming 20-30% off its customers while cex is running its own hardware @ true cost (which is far below what their customers pay).
You could call it a ~25% customer fee if you like (the price of the convinience you have mining with their rented GHs).

Legit but designed for people who are bad at or can't be bothered with math - but have deep and forgiving pockets.
Their prices are so bad, not even merged mining @ full reinvestment of BTC/NMC/DVC/IXC could remotely recoup the total investment. If you did that till the end of time, your total net worth would approach 0. It's a money-making machine for them, a money-burning machine for the customer.
And since you need to stay fully invested with them if you want all those GHs hashing for you, the term "counterparty risk" comes to mind. They have none and all your BTC, you hold nothing in your hands and carry all the risks. In the Investment world, that is called a worst-case scenario.
When the music stops playing, even the most math-disabled/convinient people will very quickly find out what these terms mean in the real world.

Translated into another format :
If cex.io was your Investment strategist with a business plan, you'd be better off firing him - because he's losing your money (which he pockets) every single day.

-- edit --
Forgot one thing :

What I do like about them is their exchange functionality, no trade fees are and withdrawal fees seem very acceptable compared to other exchanges.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
ZetaOS

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:10:11 AM

It's pretty cheap now... It's like people overestimated the decline due to difficulty increase and panic sold all their holdings. I've never seen it this low before and the difficulty didn't rise THAT much.  Huh

That's approximately what you get for your investment (based on their current "low" price/GHs and the example/assumption of it being all cloud mining) :

You better be full of hope that your GHs resale price make up for that >60% shortfall in profitability (hint : it won't by a far margin)....
And that delta is exactly what cex.io is living off... Skimming 20-30% off its customers while cex is running its own hardware @ true cost (which is far below what their customers pay).
You could call it a ~25% customer fee if you like (the price of the convinience you have mining with their rented GHs).

Legit but designed for people who are bad at or can't be bothered with math - but have deep and forgiving pockets.
Their prices are so bad, not even merged mining @ full reinvestment of BTC/NMC/DVC/IXC could remotely recoup the total investment. If you did that till the end of time, your total net worth would approach 0. It's a money-making machine for them, a money-burning machine for the customer.
And since you need to stay fully invested with them if you want all those GHs hashing for you, the term "counterparty risk" comes to mind. They have none and all your BTC, you hold nothing in your hands and carry all the risks. In the Investment world, that is called a worst-case scenario.
When the music stops playing, even the most math-disabled/convinient people will very quickly find out what these terms mean in the real world.

If cex.io was your Investment strategist with a business plan, you'd be better off firing him - because he's losing your money (which he pockets) every single day.

-- edit --
Forgot one thing :

What I do like about them is their exchange functionality, no trade fees are and withdrawal fees seem very acceptable compared to other exchanges.
Wrong, you have the difficulty on 99%
Must me 30% or 35%

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:16:21 AM

-- edit --
Forgot one thing :

Wrong, you have the difficulty on 99%
Must me 30% or 35%

Pay close attention.  That's difficulty change per month, not difficulty period.  If we assume it goes up at 30% every 11 days, then in a long 33 day "month" it will go up 1.3*1.3*1.3 ---> 2.197 or 120% increase in 33 days, worse then the 99% in 30 days.
ZetaOS

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:22:03 AM

i see.. Cry

This number are bit different than the CEX calculator... Cry Cry

Well i must be luckly, i have 65 gh/s for free at CEX.IO and the rest are my own miners in there pool

joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:02:43 PM

To simply check your mining profit per difficulty adjustment, visit http://btc.re/miningcalc
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:36:20 AM

i see.. Cry

Well i must be luckly, i have 65 gh/s for free at CEX.IO and the rest are my own miners in there pool

People like yourself that have no concept of how things work are what is killing BTC anyway.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
BorisAlt

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:57:08 AM

i see.. Cry

People like yourself that have no concept of how things work are what is killing BTC anyway.

Can I have your Bitcoins?

Since BTC is being killed, you will have no use for them. Blaming someone for trying to maximize their profit is pissing against the wind. OR you may want to get off your high horse and use your advanced skills to develop new concepts how to make bitcoin network more resilient.

Hint: I sold my CEX shares because I found more profitable bitcoin venues - NOT because some wise internet oracle told me I was killing BTC through lack of understanding concepts.

kickbit

Activity: 276

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 10:16:44 AM

To calculate your profit use: http://mining-profit.com/
It was made it special for cex.io and cloud mining.
And it has pretty accurate increase coefficients.

BitMedia.IO - Advertise Your Bitcoin Project!

Realtime Bitcoin Price! Search - "Bitcoin price for Chrome" in Chrome App Store!
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:35:20 PM

i see.. Cry

Since BTC is being killed, you will have no use for them. Blaming someone for trying to maximize their profit is pissing against the wind. OR you may want to get off your high horse and use your advanced skills to develop new concepts how to make bitcoin network more resilient.

Hint: I sold my CEX shares because I found more profitable bitcoin venues - NOT because some wise internet oracle told me I was killing BTC through lack of understanding concepts.

I think he thinks that to maximize your profits you wouldn't want to kill the BTC network, and I think I agree. 

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
qh34rt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:10:56 AM

Let me know the profitable vanues?

Thanks
xandriel

Activity: 586
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:24:41 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 02:43:56 PM by xandriel

All interesting, but missing a slight point. When the difficulty goes up, and new hardware comes out, many people stop mining...and the value of BTC increases.
If it doesn't, there really is no point in buying hardware anymore.
Imagine ordering a next gen miner, lets say 2THs. You probably won't get it before May. Going by the predicted revenue you would only earn about 1.5 BTC....and the hardware would cost you 6 BTC.

EDIT: Let me just add, I understand cloud hashing will never be good value compared with owning the equipment, but when you take into account delivery times, product failures, scammers, it can be a way to make some BTC.

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
BITCOIN PVP PREDECTION GAME

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████░░███████████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀

VS

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████████░░███████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

.Play to earn Crypto.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
xandriel

Activity: 586
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:33:20 PM

I would disagree, the difficulty does have an effect on the price of BTC. Maybe not directly, or intentionally, but it would appear that many casual miners give up as it gets more difficult to mine. The hardware they have does not make it cost effective. Which leads to less flooding of the market with low prices.

I am sure we will see such behaviour again with the next wave of miners. All the current 65nm tech will be next to useless, it will probably cost more to run them than they will generate.

As for cloud hashing / cex.io, assume you bough 1 GH/s @ 0.049 BTC, mined for 2 weeks, then sold it again for the same(ish) price you paid for it. You would have make a profit...without the expense of the hardware.
Ok, not much profit, but some.
Will the cost per GH/s continue to climb? I don't think so. But then again when there is only limited hardware available, other 'cloud hashing' companies turn out to be scammers, little point buying 65mn tech when it will be obsolete in 2/3 months, and cex are limiting their hardware to prevent exceeding 51%, who knows...anything could happen over the next few months.

In my opinion, the cost per GH/s should not be compared to the revenue it generates, but should be compared with the cost of equivalent hardware (factoring in delivery times, etc).
All being well, you can sell you GH/s back and recover some, if not all, of your investment.

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
BITCOIN PVP PREDECTION GAME

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████░░███████████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀

VS

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████████░░███████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

.Play to earn Crypto.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
apollojmr

Activity: 311

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:19:14 AM

All interesting, but missing a slight point. When the difficulty goes up, and new hardware comes out, many people stop mining...and the value of BTC increases.
Imagine ordering a next gen miner, lets say 2THs. You probably won't get it before May. Going by the predicted revenue you would only earn about 1.5 BTC....and the hardware would cost you 6 BTC.

EDIT: Let me just add, I understand cloud hashing will never be good value compared with owning the equipment, but when you take into account delivery times, product failures, scammers, it can be a way to make some BTC.

Very well said. Too many haters out there. Its profitable I promise, I have been in only a day and have managed to pull out .50 coins. Tell me thats not a good profit for a days work even if I never go back and I will have to call you Mr. McMoneybags:)

EDIT+
Also another thing not taken into account is the merged mining that happens. I read a guys post a few days ago that started with .02 coins a few months ago and wrote a program to reinvest his mined coins into GHs and he had almost doubled his money in a month and tripled in 2..so thats my friends in the financial world is called a good investment.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
FalconFly

Activity: 252

Sentinel

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:44:17 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 12:41:35 PM by FalconFly

Very well said. Too many haters out there. Its profitable I promise, I have been in only a day and have managed to pull out .50 coins. Tell me thats not a good profit for a days work even if I never go back and I will have to call you Mr. McMoneybags:)

EDIT+
Also another thing not taken into account is the merged mining that happens. I read a guys post a few days ago that started with .02 coins a few months ago and wrote a program to reinvest his mined coins into GHs and he had almost doubled his money in a month and tripled in 2..so thats my friends in the financial world is called a good investment.

And that, ladies & gentlemen, is your typical "snake oil seller's" sales pitch in the financial world.
Too many salesmen out there is more like it truly is.

In order to "pull out 0.5 coins" in a single day, you'd need to rent approx. 1500GHs - that's a 60 BTC investment that cumulates into losing you (no active and successful BTC trading) roughly 0.2 BTC each day as of now.
That's the dirty secret they don't tell you and not even cex.io's ~100% overpriced GHs will get you a total final ROI of more than ~60% of your entire investment after cashing out after a month or longer.
And that's with every BTC/Merged mining fully reinvested, otherwise things look even worse.

I've read those biased "stories" about doubling your money in a month etc... After picking a simple calculator, those stories quickly turned into what they really were - heavily biased fairytales (I agree though, a 40% loss requires pretty thick bias and LOTS of misleading details to cover up).

In short, nothing but blatant lies to lure unsuspecting victims into their realm - preferrably via their cex.io referral program links.

It IS profitable yes... but only for cex.io, that rent out to fools @ over double the price their GHs is worth...

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
digitalminer407

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:22:46 PM

I lost money on cex.  the price of gh/s keeps dropping and dropping.  The only rise is only on a short term day chart.   was at .06 getting in......seen it go down .02 on bad news about China a few weeks back. Sold at .044 taking a loss.

Didn't feel the reward was good enough for how much money you would need to spend in order to have enough gh/s power to make it worthwhile.  

for me......cex was a bust.  There are better mining contracts out there. The mining payout was pretty low when you have to pay 3% pool fees.

I thought the concept was a great idea for a noob who had no mining equipment (yet).  I learned my lesson and took my losses and moved onto bigger and better things with my own mining equipment.

$$HAPPY MINING$$

Flinten

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:04:19 PM

Wonder why nobody is using the cex.io calculator

Assumptions
100 GHs
1800 diff start (tomorrow)
2% diff increase/day

Diff                   Profit Profit cumulated
Jan-14    1800    895    0.84    0.81    0.81
Feb-14    3150    1566    0.48    0.45    1.27
Mar-14    5513    2740    0.28    0.25    1.51
Apr-14    9647    4796    0.16    0.13    1.64
May-14    16882    8392    0.09    0.06    1.70
Jun-14    29544    14686    0.05    0.02    1.72
Jul-14    51701    25701    0.03    0.00    1.72
Aug-14    90477    44977    0.02    -0.01    1.71
Sep-14    158335    78710    0.01    -0.02    1.69
Oct-14    277086    137742    0.01    -0.02    1.67
Nov-14    484901    241049    0.00    -0.03    1.65
Dec-14    848577    421836    0.00    -0.03    1.62

Tells you 1 GHs is max 0.017 btc and the price of 1 Ghs will be 0 btc in Jul 2014.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: