Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:05:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the US Dollar Too Volatile?  (Read 1278 times)
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:08:02 AM

As for me, I've heard that US owe China a lot of money, so they are in debt.
Why so much debt? Can you explain it to everyone? And the dollar is so volatile?
Dollars in my country rapidly increase. I think yes its volatile but not same as bitcoin and cryptocurrency. We can call it volatile but not highly volatile.
Well politics is something that can affect the value of a currency within no time and since we have a cold war going on these days between US and Turkey, China and Russia, this is natural to have fluctuation in the dollar value.

It is going up in my country as well and this is good in one way that those countries where the dollar is rising are having their exports increased immensely. And since China is the country which is using the large number of US dollars, any decrease in its demand for USD can bring down the value of USD in market.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zcashplan

Activity: 415
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 09:22:07 AM

The short-term is unlikely, the dollar is still strong now, this is caused by Trump, but this is not completely good, when the dollar releases side effects, the world will fall into a financial crisis.

Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:31:53 AM

That is on a timeline of decades and we can chuck it up to inflation rate that I don't have any idea who came up with it. This isn't exclusive only to USD, the same could be said to almost every othet currency in the globe because again inflation. Compared to crypto currency, Fiat's volatility is inconsequential but time will tell when crypto currency can be adopted.
I would not even say something losing its value over time for a long period of years to be volatile. A lot of things change every day, based on the value those things create and obviously we cannot expect dollar value to remain the same from what it was centuries ago or more than.

Even if we are to say cryptocurrency is going to be adopted, have you imagined buying a house for 30btc late last year and wanting to collect bitcoin for the same apartment now? That is what I call volatility as far as I am concerned. USD is controlled and it only represents value for something, and even though I am not a fan of fiat and some economic and monetary policies, this is incomparable when we are talking about volatility.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 09:16:30 AM

I do not think that . I see the value of the dollar is very stable. To say it is volatile I do not feel right. With the current president of the US is embargo the money transfer business to foreign investment. So evaporation is impossible.

Now, it is not volatile at all. In the times of the depression, the price of the dollar was swinging greatly. Volatility is not the main characteristic of the USD. The cryptocurrencies are fluctuating constantly.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:46:42 AM

As for me, I've heard that US owe China a lot of money, so they are in debt.
Why so much debt? Can you explain it to everyone? And the dollar is so volatile?
Dollars in my country rapidly increase. I think yes its volatile but not same as bitcoin and cryptocurrency. We can call it volatile but not highly volatile.
Well, if we are looking at the increase we are talking about in your country, which is simply because your own country's currency and economy is messed up.

Normally, if we are looking at volatility, we certainly want to be looking at it against other currencies, but in this essence, looking at the purchasing power of dollar, we obviously would not have expected things to be the same way years back, everything somehow depreciates in value but that does not surmount to volatility in this stead. I may be wrong, but I feel there is no way we can be comparing the volatility in the cryptocurrency space at the moment, to volatility in fiat. No!
Assface16678

Activity: 1372
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:51:24 AM

yes the US Dollar  also is Volatile but its volatility not every day vs Bitcoin
the bitcoin volatility every day and it is depends on the sell and buy
yes your words it is true

But then the volatility of USD is not really seen because it is the currency that is used to measure any other currency, it is like the basis on how we look to other currency. If we see the value of bitcoin without even a comparison to fiat, usd to be specific, then we can see bitcoin just like how we look to USD.

Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 12:19:04 PM

yes the US Dollar  also is Volatile but its volatility not every day vs Bitcoin

But then the volatility of USD is not really seen because it is the currency that is used to measure any other currency, it is like the basis on how we look to other currency. If we see the value of bitcoin without even a comparison to fiat, usd to be specific, then we can see bitcoin just like how we look to USD.
Yes, that was in my mind too. USD volatilization versus Bitcoin it has a big different thing between these two currencies. The fiat currency is too low volatile and it is maintained the range in the value of the world market which dollar currency acts like who leading all fiats in every country. Meanwhile, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency are too volatile it fluctuates every now and then.
tegacoll86

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 09:37:16 AM

The short-term is unlikely, the dollar is still strong now, this is caused by Trump, but this is not completely good, when the dollar releases side effects, the world will fall into a financial crisis.
Yes, overall the dollar is not volatile at all. Rather it is most stable currency for the past decade. Currently the political things are unstable which is causing the dollar value to shuffle.
bitcoincitr

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:37:09 PM

We witness to many changes even in a day and obviously we are having difficulties to predict dollar value. If we look at the short-term, this is caused by Trump. Trump is trying to use dollar as a weapon. For now, he reached results which he wanted but this is not completely good. Because he causes not only fluctuations on countries economies but also dollar releases side effects, the world may fall into a financial crisis.
cybernetik7

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:06:19 PM

There will be some fluctuations on every asset like dollar. It is a normal thing and there is no need to exaggerate it. Although dollar is not only asset and it has politic components.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
@Mhaiang

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:25:19 PM

I want to ask it back "Is the US dollar too volatile?" I think not simply because i didn't see a drastic rise and fall of its value and through the years, US dollar remained its market value.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 04:08:37 AM

Compare with bitcoin, USD purchasing power always decrease year on year. Its because inflation and its because The Fed always print paper money. Different with USD, bitcoin purchasing power always increasing because total supply already fixed and its can not change and no one authorities can control the supply

trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:27:16 AM

But still, it is strange to talk about dollar volatility now. It is the best world currency (I mean fiat, sure). All the people wish to have USD as this money is strong. Volatility is the feature of the crypto.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:16:57 AM
Merited by spongegar (1)

I don't think you will consider the US Dollar as volatile based on your little table there. I think it will be more like how the US dollar is affected by inflation and the depreciating valie if the US dollar through the decades. I mean it is true with almost every nation on the planet. I just hope we can find a way to flip this.

KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:03:48 AM

No, the US dollar is not too volatile as if you look at other currencies you will find it more volatile as compared to US dollar. Bitcoin though a digital currency is the most volatile currency as we noticed and have been noticing. Volatility in any currency can be reduced if liquidity increases that is the increase of market participants for that currency.

US dollar investment is also of great importance as it is the need of many countries in order to strengthen their economy but the modern world is looking for crypto especially for the Bitcoin.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:14:12 AM

But still, it is strange to talk about dollar volatility now. It is the best world currency (I mean fiat, sure). All the people wish to have USD as this money is strong. Volatility is the feature of the crypto.
Best currency in terms of they have been the power house and USD is the most used currency in the world ?
I would not tag it as the best just because of that, considering that USD has been losing its value and purchasing power over the years but really as a layman, it may be hard to understand that, but where you are not getting the gist is that, more money being printed, leading to inflation and so many other bullshits is one of the reasons that some common man get to suffer it at the end, but since it is a common man, he probably will not understand that the fiat space sucks.

Happy now to have an alternative, this is the main thing over the years, which have always been giving me great hope of the idea of freedom from the fiat world.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:20:18 AM

Dollar value isn't that volatile, but the economy that has got disturbed around the world countries have made a large deflection in the value of dollar respectively. This is simply hard to resist and get recovered from the crisis. Very few countries upon their varied plans withstand with minor corrections on dollar with respect to their traditional currency value.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 01:24:17 PM

LOL... are you saying that the United States Dollar is volatile? It would rate it as the most stable fiat currency in the world right now. Because almost all the other fiat currencies are going down against the USD.
dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:42:18 PM

US dollar isn't that volatile compared to Bitcoin and crypto's volatility. The dollar and almost all the other fiat and local currencies have a stable value almost, their market is also somehow stable. The volatility is a feature of crypto prices, and that's why the crypto market is unstable.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:43:39 AM

Exactly. That is the concept by the way. There is fluctuation in the relative values and you do not know the currency that is actually fluctuating. It might be your currency devaluing if the price of dollar is rising and it might be your currency gaining worth if the later declines.

On the other hand, the value of dollar may stay on the same level and you might call it volatility due to fluctuation in the worth of your currency. Same could be said for Bitcoin so yes if we avoid measuring BTC in USD, and just look at BTC, it would be like if you are looking or scaling any ordinary currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: