Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:55:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Money = Cashless Society  (Read 4247 times)
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:24:46 PM

Bitcoin is a part of digital money. How is digital money is your country ??

Digital money in my country ain't deployed at all unfortunately , and until these past couple years , citizens here didn't have the right to own any foreign currencies or the right to process a digital card (visa/master card .. ) or an E-money account (Paypal/skryll .. ) .
And even now that we do it's only limited to 1k euros / year , which is really nothing at all .
And we still don't have access to Paypal also , the other day i was deploying the Paypal API for my University web site project , and when i wanted to process payment with a Paypal account created in my country , payments couldn't be processed and automatically rejected ..
As for bitcoin ,roughly 5% of my country's citizens know about it , and even those who does have a very vague understanding and knowledge about what is it or what technology is backing it up ..
And this is certainly the case of any developing country ..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sampalokmix

Activity: 315
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:31:42 PM

Switzerland is obviously heading for cashless society. They're developing a new token Saga with low volatility and without an opportunity to speculate. It means it will only be appropriate for payments. However, it'll not be anonymous

I guess that country really evolve in short period of time when it comes to currency, maybe mosy of the people their was middle class up to higher class in which they are all capable to acqyire cashless society and I highly believe that they were all aware with Bitcoin and how this currency can possibly change the world, I think thats great but how about to the place where in most of the people was less fortunate? Do cashless society will be applied and succeed? Of course no.

inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:47:35 AM

Digital money in my country ain't deployed at all unfortunately , and until these past couple years , citizens here didn't have the right to own any foreign currencies or the right to process a digital card (visa/master card .. ) or an E-money account (Paypal/skryll .. ) .
And even now that we do it's only limited to 1k euros / year , which is really nothing at all .
And we still don't have access to Paypal also , the other day i was deploying the Paypal API for my University web site project , and when i wanted to process payment with a Paypal account created in my country , payments couldn't be processed and automatically rejected ..
As for bitcoin ,roughly 5% of my country's citizens know about it , and even those who does have a very vague understanding and knowledge about what is it or what technology is backing it up ..

not all developing countries as you mentioned above.
my country uses digital money for various transactions such as buying an item in a shopping center.
which is a problem they just do not receive payment with bitcoin but with other digital money they can accept it. it is caused because the value of bitcoin price is very unstable different from other digital money that exist in my country.
but I hope one day bitcoin will be received just like any other digital money.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:12:28 AM

not all developing countries as you mentioned above.
my country uses digital money for various transactions such as buying an item in a shopping center.
which is a problem they just do not receive payment with bitcoin but with other digital money they can accept it. it is caused because the value of bitcoin price is very unstable different from other digital money that exist in my country.
but I hope one day bitcoin will be received just like any other digital money.

Agree. Most of the online stores are still didnt implement bitcoin to a part of their service because they only think about the volatility of it. However not all cryptos are volatile because there were also other coins that may seem stable, like for example etherium and other alts such as litecoin or dash. if these merchants do only use these coins, i think itll be no problem for them and for us to adjust for the price. but in terms of bitcoin in my country , there were now many shops and stores that accepts bitcoin here in our country but of course cash is still the most mainstream currency that oftenly been used here.
renggileh

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:45:18 AM

although the existence of digital money today is a necessity for transactions or other activities but that will not completely eliminate fiat money in general. because I think there are many things to do in cash means that not everyone understands a transaction activity that is only done with digital money, especially in countries that do not have high economic expectations. I think people in poor countries may not accept the existence of digital money as a means of payment because of the lack of knowledge about digital money. I think to eliminate the culture by using cash this of course requires a process that is not easy.
exalterego

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:19:41 AM

Electronic money are now in all more or less wealthy countries with a steady banking system.
I can remember those days when I didn't even have a credit card, and now these PIN-pads are everywhere, and I can buy, say, a high-end vehicle without even leaving my home.
Ha-ha, I'm waiting for those days when bitcoin's behaviour on the market normalizes and I will be able to buy a bottle of beer using BTC  Roll Eyes
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:12:03 PM

Cashless society is really a good idea but the only problem is the countries that is not capable of handling a huge number because not every country is rich enough to have bitcoins running in their area.

It is said China is a cashless society and there is very little bitcoin in China. Debit cards and credit cards can make a country cashless society
13risingforce

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:51:52 PM

The use of digital money such as bitcoin may reduce the use of paper money. If a long time the community gets used to it, then the state of paper money may be replaced. Because after all the more here, everyone needs more easy and simple things.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:01:54 AM

That is true since we know that digital money/currency is in binary form, so we don't need the tangible ones to pay our everyday needs. But since bitcoin and alternate cryptos have the same weakness during offline, it's really hindering its purpose to have a cashless society that will be working good.

perfryan

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:10:38 AM

It is said now China is a cashless society. Use of debit and credit cards in shops/stores, online pay bills, shopping online.

Money earned from the internet is known as digital/electronic money. People who earn money from the internet, they get paid money in electronic form by payment processors such as skrill, perfectmoney, alipay, paypal, bank-wire transfers because online workers are worldwide.

Last month, I got $20 from online surveys. The money was sent to my bank account via online payment processor. Now if I buy 2 shirts using debit cards at offline or online stores, there is no cash involved but I have 2 shirts.

Digital money.to be legal it is means of payments.
The law ammends Russia's civil code to create a basis for
Legal revations in the digital economy.in the new law
Crypto currencies are referred to as digital money.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
MainIbem

Activity: 1330
Merit: 385

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:54:16 AM

You are very correct in your analogy of digital money equal to cashless society. And there is where society is headed. The advent of cryptocurrency is facilitating the emergence of a cashless world more quicker than expected.

However, the availability of internet and knowledge of computer will hamper the process in less developed countries.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 08:33:38 AM

It all sounds beautiful if you live in a metropolis, with a high level of automation and amenities. I do not know, maybe 20-30 of the world's population lives in such conditions. The bulk of the population lives in the countryside, away from civilization, where the car will always travel along local roads. Tell them about the advantages of debit and credit cards. If they take away cash, the only thing they have left is to go to barter, as in the Middle Ages. So far, to the cashless society, we are still very far away as a whole.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
BertoloyBTC

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:09:18 AM

If this digital money will soar around the different places in the world , and will be accepted by every citizen, then this will be the beginning of cashless society.Where in all transactions and payments will be through digital way.
ChConcept

Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:21:26 AM

Digital money has been around since the dawn of plastic money or cards (probably even before that but I can't be too sure). Anyway, we've gone a long way technologically speaking. Before, you'd really have to scramble to be first in line when paying your bills. you need to go to payment centers to pay your bills and most of the time you'll have to go to different payment centers. Now, banks have allowed utility bills payment through mobile apps which made life really convenient to most people. However, it didn't totally replace old methods of paying as payment centers are still around. What changed though, is the independent payment centers worked with different companies that allowed them to centralize the way people pay for bills, meaning one can go to the nearest payment center to pay bills for utilities like water, electricity, internet, credit card bills, etc.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
ADEMNL

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:28:45 AM

I think that in 5 years there will be no paper money at all, they will become history. They will have to replace the crypto currency, but that's not yet clear.
dolagani

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:51:56 PM

Digital money like Bitcoin is more convenient than any other payment method in a way that it is fast and easy. Here in my country I regularly use Bitcoin transaction in buying prepaid loads, paying bills and sending money to local remittances without any hassle.
MondayTraddd

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:54:21 PM

Yes ofcourse I have heard too and that's hood it means everybody is literate enough to handle gadgets and Internet and phones
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:02:05 PM

Yes ofcourse I have heard too and that's hood it means everybody is literate enough to handle gadgets and Internet and phones

Digital currencies are very convincing and very user friendly for all people so digital money is new way of transaction and their basic purposes so I think it takes some more time to make this changes in all our life.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Cryptoproff

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:15:06 PM

A society cannot be called completely cashless society even if it is mostly using digital money. We cannot still deny the fact that we need the paper money to regulate the economy of our country and to identify us that the currency we are using is belongs to that society.
Notcalculator

Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:23:31 PM

A society cannot be called completely cashless society even if it is mostly using digital money. We cannot still deny the fact that we need the paper money to regulate the economy of our country and to identify us that the currency we are using is belongs to that society.

well the economy stands on debt that's basically not even backed by anything. Meaning we dont need "cash" to regulate the economy. We just need to make more debt. Although i do somewhat agree with your point though that cash plays a certain role in ones culture.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: