Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:46:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can something free be a scam?  (Read 4095 times)
Sandeepmanwall

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:31:26 AM

I know that it can be scam.Usually the coins that are airdropped are also sold at ICOs. And they usually ask you to downlaod an app, register in their website, join a telegram group, follow them on facebook, follow on twitter, etc. They want to have many subscribers and followers to show that they have a lot of fans.
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:39:09 AM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
Do not worry about this because they can not steal your token only with the information you give them because the information you provide is not enough to be able to access your private key. But be careful if airdrop events require you to download any application that is personally identifiable as it may be a virus to steal your personal information.
dlhezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:43:31 AM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

yes, definitely airdrops are just waste of time, most of them are good as penny in value, and some of the ICO now are scam. but tokens/coins from airdrop cannot be considered as scam, because that is for free, and its never ask you to pay that. the only can get you scam is the airdrops that has a KYC, because as a free, they need you to bring your identity for just a no value token/coins. then suddenly, after you take a shot on it, they already using your identity in a bad activity inside the internet.
snowbubble

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:44:46 AM

for sure free things can be scam, because people can steal information if you go to their site and download something or just be a lot of time in their site, or submit your passport to them.
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:46:45 AM

Scam is not always about money. Make sure you research first and document yourself about the product before you give it your time/money.

The best is yet to come!
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:53:06 AM

Scam is not always about money. Make sure you research first and document yourself about the product before you give it your time/money.
Yes, there are many large scale projects but they still deceive. They create a class deceptive and blinded investors to their untrue ideas. For example, they did a great job of scamming people. It is currently difficult to identify a good or fraudulent project, so it is best to do the signature campaign. Analysis is useless for class fraudsters.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Coolwar

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:54:11 AM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

fraud may not be free participation and receiving rewards ... Fraud can be what you are given a reward for! For example, install the application or send scan documents ... The application can be malicious ... with documents a lot of options for using them ....
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:57:01 AM

I will reveal here some modus of scammers that using free airdrop method. First if all, the devs of a certain coin with free airdrops have all the supply of the tokens. Initially they will airdrop around 10% of it and hold the 90%. Most of free airdrop offers an ICO with very high bonus percentage but they will never sell more than 50% of the supply. So here how the scam work using free airdrop. First thing, since ERC20 are automatically listed on Decentralized Exchange like Etherdelta and IDEX, they will start to pump dump the coin using the coin they are holding and make a hype using the 10% token receive by airdrop hunter which the majority will be selling their token. This will attract attention of the whale traders since the trading history is very lively. Once many whales has involve and set big orders. The dev team will dump all their token and take away both the profit on selling their coin and the profit in token sale.

Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:59:07 AM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,
To take part in the airdrop, you at least spend your time. If for the time you spent you do not get anything, I think it's a scam. There are a lot of such cases. Still there are scam based on greed - to get something you first have to buy something. Everything is obvious in this scheme.

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:04:55 PM

Airdrop can be considered a fraud if you are not paid a token, but for this you have passed the procedure kyc and sent them your data. Then in this case they will be able to use your data for their own purposes. 
And if you just registered and sent the e-mail address, purse, your name, and you did not get tokens, or paid, but they are priceless, then it's not so scary.
iryboy

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:05:51 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Well, it depends what owners of ICO/COIN want, recently there were so many airdrop coins distributed freely and then owners dump them as soon as hit the exchange.

LemonF3

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:09:55 PM

Hi everybody,
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
I do not think all free are given for the reason of scamming. Sometimes free are given for motivation. Somewhat like a strategy to drive a person or worker to work harder. Some are given free or gifts as a reward of perseverance.
jaymor11

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:15:41 PM

In my opinion, Yes it can be. Scam it is not all about taking your money away. Some scams just use you, your time and effort. They offer you promises but in the end it won't happen. But don't worry you can identify if it is a scam by researching them, research their project, their anonymousity, their goals, research it if their goals are realistic or they're just using flowering words to maligned you, and if the token does not have a clear use case.All you need to do is don't trust quickly because it's free, trust them because it's legit.
Layonk

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:18:19 PM

Most ones are actually scam but they are not necessarily scam just they give free tokens, but if they give most of their tokens free by a airdrop, I doubt it.

Yes it can be scam because scam is not only because the process. Give free or not does not matter for being scam.
Like airdrop, many of them are not worth because they try to scam with the other way like getting private key or somwthing else. But i notice not all airdrop are scam.
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:19:06 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Of course it can! Nothing is free nowadays and I guess you've invested your time, at least.
And, as we all know, time is money!
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:25:21 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

If it is free then you are already scammed!!!

There is nothing like free lunch box my dear friend, and this very statement I have gotten it from the forum itself when I was reading similar thread somewhere but that was very old one. So im pretty sure that there is nothing wrong in such project going scam becasue obviously they are distributing you the coin which is free and what do you think how they will pay you back when you will go and sell those free shits? Do you really think that they will pay it from their own pockets? I barely think so and mostly those project publish such announcement who are not having any advertising budget. Once their advertising is done with fee stuff then they will fly away. So stay away.
Yakapo

Activity: 203

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:25:29 PM

a
I will reveal here some modus of scammers that using free airdrop method. First if all, the devs of a certain coin with free airdrops have all the supply of the tokens. Initially they will airdrop around 10% of it and hold the 90%. Most of free airdrop offers an ICO with very high bonus percentage but they will never sell more than 50% of the supply. So here how the scam work using free airdrop. First thing, since ERC20 are automatically listed on Decentralized Exchange like Etherdelta and IDEX, they will start to pump dump the coin using the coin they are holding and make a hype using the 10% token receive by airdrop hunter which the majority will be selling their token. This will attract attention of the whale traders since the trading history is very lively. Once many whales has involve and set big orders. The dev team will dump all their token and take away both the profit on selling their coin and the profit in token sale.

They can be scams but not all free things are scams, this is by far the best strategy used by scammers, as long as attention has been attracted in what they have to offer and the price is reasonable, the take off leaving the unfortunate buyers dry and with no proper sale point
lucemferrum01

Activity: 245

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 12:28:55 PM

Some airdrops turned out to be a scam just to gather information and security details to unwary participants. Though most scams appears to be too good to be true offer not all transactions like that are scam. Always remember that most scam sites will be eager to get your personal details and will offer you huge rewards with almost no effort so be careful.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:38:50 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

This is a valid philosophical question. I already had a similar discussion once, and in this case I think we can call it a scam on the basis of false representation.

So, a guy, foreigner, stops me at a parking lot and says he is a fashion designer coming from a nearby fair (there actually happened to be one). However, he had to talk a smaller car and meet with his boss while he was not able to take all the leftovers from the fair with him. Hence he decided to sell them if possible. Blah blah blah..... he offered me two nice shirts, a suit, a belt and two very fine jackets at a ridiculous price. I bought them.

Most of it I still wear these days although this happened around 5-6 years ago. However, it was not soon after that I found out those were actually copies made of materials not so resistant as the originals. I wasn't all that surprised, I still felt as a sucker, but I indeed wasn't surprised. He did tell me he was from Emporio Armani and gave me a (false) card. Hence - a scam, false representation, but a deal was still good Smiley

BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:44:17 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,
Usually ICO definitely requires us to invest in the project. Surely we definitely spend some money and they get money from us all. It's a risk and no investment is not spending money. The more money we use the greater our chances of getting a big profit, but remember that the risks are also getting bigger. I am not interested in free airdrop, I better choose a project that can bring in a lot of money. For e-mail data I think that we can use other e-mail and I suggest never to use the main e-mail that is connected with various important account such as bank account and company where we work.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: