Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:21:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can something free be a scam?  (Read 4095 times)
Catcorn

Activity: 274
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 06:18:02 PM

Some of them are scam, some are not. You can never be 100% sure, but, if learn project well, it can help. Before participate I usually look how much people are in, how much does ICO suppose to make up. 
Goldberg007

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:26:28 PM

all can happen and it is the risk of cyberspace but if I may argue in my opinion there is no airdrop scam, the nature of the airdrop is free and may be full of quota given from the developer of the number of airdrop participants that should be studied and observed more depth how the security of workers when getting a project to avoid projects that will be a scam project, so keep up the good cooperation and high confidence when undergoing such work
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:07:03 PM

Lol  waste of time is a scam too, waste of space is a scam too lol
I agree with you. If you give your time, and you are promised to send a coin for filling out the registration form, but do not send anything, then this is fraud. You could spend your time on something that would bring you pleasure, rest or profit, but you spent time on airdrop and you were deceived, so of course this is fraud. Choose airdrop, do not waste time on suspicious projects.
LeroyBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:22:59 PM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Doesn't have to be about money. You can get scammed for your IDs and so on.

But sometimes you get the feeling that if something is too good to be true, it just might be.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:27:36 PM

If it's free, do you think it can not be a scam? Of course it can be a scam. If it's free and you promised a lot, but in the end you will not do anything to realize what they promised you. Of course, this happens very often.
bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:34:12 PM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
If they got your email addresses im sure they will try to send you phishing email links so that you privatekeys will be compromised and you shouldnt be using your main email addresses when these shit airdrops and bounties are asking you to do so,private keys should be protected or else you will lose everything that is why you need to use hardwallets to protect your coins.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:02:02 PM

A scam doesn't have to cost you money necessarily. It may cost you your time, your privacy. Our privacies are already invaded like hell, giving out information in a blink is dangerous because we live in the information age, information is power. When you give your data to scam airdrops your data is stored to sell and as a company gains information about you, it has power over you.
cryptomarijuana

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:06:29 PM

They cant hack only using email addresses,but if you did clck suspicous link in your email you could be phished,so the best thing to do is to use your dummy email to protect yourselfs from spam emails with suspicous links that can redirect you to a fake/phishing websites ! always protect yourself from these shit people beause you will see plenty of this people.

abderrazak belkhir

Activity: 1096
Merit: 167

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:19:57 PM

The scam is when you do somthing for a project and you put your trust in it or you invest with your money in this project and your work or trust or money gone without any benefit...the scam isn't just in money
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:26:02 PM

Do not use your main email address when you are joining these airdrops or bounties so that you wont be receiving malicious email links which might be a phishing email and you will get directed to phishing sites that could steal your privatekeys and that is a game over for your if you asked me because these scammers wont stop taking advantage the situation.

toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:27:21 PM

Hi everybody,
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
there are many scams that occur but I think if we are more careful in seeing and analyzing the project the fraud we can avoid before you follow the project you should be careful in analyzing the project

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Fioraver

Activity: 472
Merit: 100

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:29:38 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Of course it can. I will give you just an example.
All the airdrops are collecting a data and put it in a database. This database is later sold for money to whoever pays for it.
Some of the customers later will send emails from some myetherwallet like site and will start fishing.
Somebody will log in to the scam site and will lose everything.

cryptomngr

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:46:16 PM

AIRDROP and BOUNTY campaigns shouldnt be asking for your private keys and anything that is personal,email addresses can be use to send you some phishing links so it means that you should give dummy email addresses so these people wont be sending spam email links to you because if you are unaware you will get hacked and you will lose all of your money.

cryptospear

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:53:01 PM

Yeah if these free airdrops has asked you to give your private keys and you give it to them you probably going to lose everything.You should be aware that these scammers will do everything to get your keys that is why you need to be more vigillant so that these people wont be able to steal your money,protect your private key always,do not give personal informations and use dummy email addresses in joining any of these schemes.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
Rostock

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:59:32 PM

Today really there is a lot of fraud, both among airdrop, and among ICO. You can secure yourself by having a couple of wallets on MyEtherWallet.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:01:18 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,
ETH address and email addresses cannot be use to steal people's private keys but if they did send some phishing links in your email and you have clicked it the chances of getting your private keys will be much bigger so to be able to prevent that you should install metamask extension it is the best extension that blocks phishing sites and other malicious sites that might steal your browser's informations.

ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:03:03 PM

There is nothing free here. The only thing free is in the mouse trap.
Don't fall for scams. Don't give your personal information to any site/project.
cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:05:39 PM

Always remember this no ICO or bounties nor airdrops will require you any private keys that is the main thing you should know,ethereum address and optional email addresses should be the things with these airdrops.Do not join any of these drops which are asking for the payment first or any ID or kyc verification because you wont know what will happen to your ID when it was sold in the deepweb.

moneyangel

Activity: 336

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:09:05 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,
They did not get you a penny but you are the accessories of the crime to scam other people who had putting their money into a fake projects since the scammers uses you to make their social media or telegram community bigger and lively to attract more investors.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
1 currency now

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

a sharp sword

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:12:20 PM

AIRDROP and BOUNTY campaigns shouldnt be asking for your private keys and anything that is personal,email addresses can be use to send you some phishing links so it means that you should give dummy email addresses so these people wont be sending spam email links to you because if you are unaware you will get hacked and you will lose all of your money.
That also the KYC program is a scam that is phishing people's information. They probably like to sell the information to people that ask for it.

OG member.
Brian Ray
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: