Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:42:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can something free be a scam?  (Read 4096 times)
sycaburatan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:19:26 PM

Normally airdrops and bounties will ask for your ethereum addresses and your email addresses,and if they are going to ask your private keys do not let them get it,stay away from these type of people and you should be more vigillant so you wont lose anything whenever these shit people will try to get your investments out from your wallet.

Olawale16

Activity: 152
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:28:54 PM

I have seen situations where someone else's details like telegram username, twitter username and other details were used by scammers. By the time a scammer knows that you are airdrop addict and you do not like missing any. What he will do is that, he would send forms out disguising to be real airdrop, but purposely to get some details. By the time he has those details, he would have filled forms using yours or other victims details before you think of filing yours and that is how you will continue to fill even the good airdrops without getting anything in return.can be so fustrate
cryptoprophecy

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:32:24 PM

Anything is possible,but getting ethereum and email address wont be enough to steal your private keys,remember not to use your main email address with these free airdrops because they could send you phishing email links so that if you are unware and you logged in to their phishing sites your private keys will be compromised and that would be the end of your cryptocurrency journey because you will lose everything.

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
bhobafett

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:32:47 PM

Scam involves money. As you said the word "FREE" it means it's not a scam. As long as you didn't give any amount for airdrops (free token) or ICO, you might say that you're not scammed.

Accumulate Bitcoin. The bottom is in or near it.
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 11:36:18 PM

Its sad that the issue of scams is escalating daily with new ways of cheating people of their cash, time, information and energy. Recently discovered a new way of scamming people is to send a wallet private key containing some good sums of tokens but no ether to transfer it. He who it is sent to if not aware may think he has gotten something good. therefore if he sends ether to the wallet, the money automatically gets transferred to another wallet.

on airdrops, one just have to be careful not to give personal information out that may be used to ID you.

https://cryptotvplus.com
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:36:52 PM

I have seen situations where someone else's details like telegram username, twitter username and other details were used by scammers. By the time a scammer knows that you are airdrop addict and you do not like missing any. What he will do is that, he would send forms out disguising to be real airdrop, but purposely to get some details. By the time he has those details, he would have filled forms using yours or other victims details before you think of filing yours and that is how you will continue to fill even the good airdrops without getting anything in return.can be so fustrate

personal details like email address , usernames , wallet address , etc. are still useless without a password or a private key in order to fully access the account. however there are some cases that other people uses some other profile url on the users of bitcointalk.org in order to fill their application form on an airdrop but this is called cheating and not a scam.

Re: Can something free be a scam?

yes it is. sometimes free giveaways such as airdrop and bounty program do also lead to scam because there are some of them that dont pay. even though theres no money invovled it can still  be called as a scam because you have invested your time and effort in other to do their given task.
skillink

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:38:47 PM

Scam increasingly rampant, the more projects then the possibility of a scam is also getting bigger. Must have more knowledge so as not to be fooled by a project.
SleepMachine

Activity: 118

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:51:13 PM

most of things free are scams. no one is kind enough to give you their money. you have to work to earn money and bounty is one of the ways.

deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:08:43 AM

airdrop just waste your time with with little rewards and many airdrop are scam or just give you shitcoin with no value. they just collect your identity / information and will be used for things that only benefit them.
Psalms23

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:12:50 AM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Yes, you could still be scammed even when its free. Its just that so many does not really care about it because there is nothing really to lose with that information only. Maybe some ad mails will be sent to you but its not really that much of a problem. The only problem is that your eth address would be hacked through these information only, but that case seems to be rare.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Morjana17

Activity: 364

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:11:12 AM

Scam can be anywhere to go it depends on how to hold through it. Even legal business anyone can scam but it is easy to be honest if you want too. In bitcoin it is legalized by other coutries and it contributes spectacular people who wanted to have a real business transaction with bitcoin. The assurance of scammers in the community is high but you cannot easily hide the truth. If you are in bitcoin you should be go to the right path because it is an investment not a game.

╭═══════════════════   A L F A ─ E N Z O   ═══════════════════╮
│   \▼/"Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem\▼/  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
Afrizky R

Activity: 180

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 08:08:49 AM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

if it is free it was already offered by ico developers
why he can be so free that everyone can be interested in at least first side project to register

not all free ico is a scam proof that many have entered in the market

many of them are looking for free

depending on how we choose
Raufjoze

Activity: 317
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:46:19 AM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Sometimes there are websites that wants to enter your private key just for an airdrop. And there are many pishing sites in which they will steal your funds in.your cryptowallet.

They've promised to give you some tokens but they do not send you anything so that's a scam because you've given him some personal information. They can sell your email as well as others and sell it for crypto related ads. For me it's still a scam because even though you do not spend money on getting the air catwalk but you give them your personal information
Albertio

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:56:17 AM

I think it's their strategy to benefit from the various applications they have for attracting investors, and we help them, I've experienced it unpaid in bounty champaign and it's so annoying. Undecided
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:59:34 AM

What is free ico because I've never heard that before. For airdropa, it can be scam if they don,'t send the token to the participant as they already filled the form with their private information. It is also dangerous because the project can sell people' s information in bulk.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:00:52 AM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

They think that if that ICO will soon to scam after they buy/bougth token/coins from that pre-ico. And the "scam" theyve mentioned is airdrop that dont have any value after you get it, or after you sign a kyc for free token. There are too many meaning of "scam" in crypto. And most of scam are from free.
light22man

Activity: 311

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 09:17:43 AM

Scam ICO or Airdrop can be if team don't keep promises, if you help them promote they project and don't get rewards as was promised it's scam because you spend your time. Time=money

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
HirakiAkiharaa

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:27:08 AM

Yes it can be but also not, it depends on you if you'll trust them or not because some airdrops are 100% Legit and they are doing that to attract investors which can lead them to success. If I were you, I'll check their details, their bounty campaign and also their members. Joining one can give you experience about of what they are really doing so that you wont be afraid to invest money and to build up trust.
PashVit

Activity: 125

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:35:02 AM

Well, let's start with the fact that not all organizations may require your personal data. So if people for the sake of money did not put their identity on display, now there would be no such people. And secondly, if so please you can provide from the Internet. There's a bunch of scans and photos of the lucky ones like you.
billykannithi

Activity: 330
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:38:59 AM

Yes it can be but also not, it depends on you if you'll trust them or not because some airdrops are 100% Legit and they are doing that to attract investors which can lead them to success. If I were you, I'll check their details, their bounty campaign and also their members. Joining one can give you experience about of what they are really doing so that you wont be afraid to invest money and to build up trust.
Yes. The free stuff is never good. Let's work well to get the right pay for ICO projects. I never believe in someone giving me some free money. In the future, they will ask me to do something illegal.
In my country there were many similar scams and I avoided it completely.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: