Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:18:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can something free be a scam?  (Read 4095 times)
twxnknd9

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:29:38 PM

Today there are some free ico for all of us if we help them advertise on social networking sites ... We just need to spend some time helping them advertise then we will get the same amount of coin. worthy of our merits. I will introduce you ico Marinecoín is playing free. We will get 20,000 coin per day or 140,000 coin .MTC. per week if we help them advertise on bitcointalk and you can get unlimited. You can get 20,000 .MTC. coins per day if you help them advertise. Until the amount of coin supply enough. The highest supply is 9 billion coin ... Marinecoín is also known as .MTC.. You can look up .MTC.’s information on google ...  Currently marinecoín is ico at the website http://marineco.ín + Marinecoín friendly environment iot. ,,, ///  Marinecoín is a machine to machine ... Marinecoín is a coin with artificial intelligence + Marinecoín has arrtificial intelligence machine to machine payment network.//// Marinecoín has dev-less. And their team is amazing. + It is dev-less and eco friendly, maintained by an artificial intelligence / + Marinecoín zero fees. Marinecoín has an artificial intelligence The best thing that investors like us when we hear about it is that they absolutely love zero fees. They are building each day Marinecoín growing. Let’s join them and help them build the growing .MTC. community. - Marinecoín is completely free so it is a good opportunity for us to earn thousands of dollars later. I believe Marinecoín will soon surpass bitcoin to become top 1 on the coinmarketcap because Marinecoín has done it before! You can buy .MTC. with Doge, LTC or Btc on f1cx.com. Marinecoín is coin rather than Token. So you can buy them on f1cx.com. They are fun and successful! .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:32:10 PM

Well, imho, scam is not necessarily take away your money. If you give something (your time, your personal data, anything, your signature) because you are promised to be rewarded, but in the end the person/entity is breaking their promise, it might be called scam/fraud.

And BTW when you give your data freely they might sell it to some people, and many people willing to pay for personal data.

I actually agree with your statement right here man. I was scammed both by investing both time and money for an ICO. I did made a blog about a certain token last year. Yes, they did give me tokens only to find out that the dev team just run away and abandoned the project. It feels bad for me to experience that not just once, but few times already, and it’s just lessons learned.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:35:15 PM

As an expansion to this discussion has anyone had positive experiences with Airdrops, either as a participant or an organiser?
I don't have experience with airdrops and I don't have any intention of trying it soon. Base on what I read from other forum members, there are airdrops that are legit and real with what they are giving. But there are also airdrops that are unreal with their project, I have read that there are some airdrops that are asking you to send them a balance in ETH so that they can send you those airdrop tokens which is dishonesty since the meaning of airdrop in crypto verse is free.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
iillaa

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:50:45 PM

Ok   like ppl said  already   giving your time and info  and get nothing back is a scam    now  is it dangerous  ? Well yeah

Did you ever got weird emails  from ppl   that try to scam you with lot of diffrent  ways ?  
Sure you wonder how they got your mail   .. the answer is the scam airdrops

For the mail   they can absolutely  crack the password   since you give them your  date of birth  😁 guess what  most of us  use that as our password for lot of websites and personal  social media   ( sure not me  lmao )

And many more    so   yes  free things can turn to scam

Cheesy
Stigmuu

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:57:33 PM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
there phishing site, that's why need to extra careful in putting your information with..need to read a lots of reference bfore putting trust on the site.. observed wisely my friend
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:14:12 PM

There are Airdrops which are scams and ICO es too ,but there are legits too for example i can say DeepOnion Airdrop which last round was today 40 were done since jul 2017 and all is right so you must find yourself.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:36:34 PM

Yes, It can be a scam. Usually the coins that are airdropped are also sold at ICOs. And they usually ask you to downlaod an app, register in their website, join a telegram group, follow them on facebook, follow on twitter, etc. They want to have many subscribers and followers to show that they have a lot of fans.
They want you to help them to attract investors.

you are totally right! Moreover, they are trying to bring more people registrated in order to show huge investors that they have a lot of different followers around the world. You have to understand that this strategy works and many projects like a Filecoin made their hardcap via this particular approach.
Prisca07

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:43:22 PM

ICO companies evaluate the same as the venture, but taking into account the token. On the company page in the section token design or token economy you can see how the token is designed. If the task of the venture is to sell more, the task of the crypto company is to make the tokens grow in value. If the startup tokens grow - then there are real users, activity, investors. If the tokens fall, the company will die.
GrannyC

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:46:19 PM

With a more detailed view, Unfortunately when something is free and for free the trend is to be scam, I'm just commenting on reality. In summary, a good reading and analysis of the project or the benefit is essential.
Vladv26

Activity: 321
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:19:40 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 09:32:11 PM by Vladv26

It is interesting what you say but not true at all because you can't really say an airdrop is free. In order to receive coins from an airdrop you need to do a few things like sharing, following, liking posts from social media or register on different websites. This kind of things even though they are very easy to do, they waste a few precious minutes from your time that you can use to do something more useful.

For airdrops you can't say that you lose a lot of your time but for signature campaigns(bounties) you waste a few hours from your time and that is really important. You should carefully choose the airdrops /bounties that don't look suspicious.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
pedagang2

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 09:35:23 PM

if you talk about crime, today's paying can be dangerous especially free. like that my view. thank you

KryptoKnight78

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:34:42 PM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Nothing is free.
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:47:09 PM

I do not think that this is possible, because scam is something else, but if you need to take part in projects for a very long time and then hope for something good, but in the end you do not get anything from it, then in this case it can be called scam
stasyk411

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:50:09 PM

In fact, any project can be a scam, so this market is very attractive for speculators and fraudsters. It is necessary to observe security measures to your money and you are not threatened.
TraiKH

Activity: 207

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:50:36 PM

In my judgment, that is not true. The majority of airdrop campaigns are free and easy to join. Although there are many scams and distractions from airdrop campaigns. But if you choose the right one, it will be effective and worth separate.
sheenarif

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:53:24 PM

ALERT. For the safety of your funds we recommend to NOT login to MEW at this moment hijacked mew dns

https://www.reddit.com/r/MyEtherWallet/comments/8ek0jj/think_i_got_scammedphishedhacked/
K0korap

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 07:13:50 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,
I totally agree with you. To think that the only thing that they did was to register to the airdrop and wait for it to be finished. I don't think that airdrops are dangerous, actually it's a great way to get free coins without doing anything the only risk is if the coin you'll get do have a value or not. But airdrops aren't scam.

cryptolord5

Activity: 159

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:43:40 PM

Now let me asked you some questions: 1. do browse for free or you subscribe?
2. Do You save your ether address on email?
3. Do you stole your computer or PC?

I think this will help you to know that you are not working for free.
last7minutes

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:53:23 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Under the term of scam people mean as I understand the airdropped coin that you get but after you can not do nothing with it. It doesn’t grow, it can not be exchanged on any other currency. Here is a sense.
ameen080560

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:54:03 PM

They may still be a scam, because they just cheated the your information, but most of the time they will not issue any tokens to you, sometimes even ask you to provide certain ETH as transfer fees
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: