Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:16:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can something free be a scam?  (Read 4095 times)
joanamaybe

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:41:12 AM

the best way to away from this scam airdrops, ICO's or any project. do a profound research about the project you are to join in. and don't easily fall from what you see in the internet.
kalincoolcute

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:29:42 AM

Everything can be a scam. Even if it not for free.. Just watch the most ICOs that we back in 2017... The most projects just scammed their people and run away with all their money.
sykhang079

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:36:48 AM

Yeah alot of them are scams and you end up giving away personal information such as your identity number but I still know alot of people who make money off airdrops.
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:36:45 AM

in monetary times like now that there are many ways to get money regardless of others, other people want to lose or difficult they let alone for his personal interests.

the most important thing right now that we have to be careful of the airdrop rampant to register so there is a group of people who steal our personal data, so be on your guard.
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:45:04 AM

in monetary times like now that there are many ways to get money regardless of others, other people want to lose or difficult they let alone for his personal interests.

the most important thing right now that we have to be careful of the airdrop rampant to register so there is a group of people who steal our personal data, so be on your guard.
Sometimes there was a developer has been asking for the personal data of the airdrop participants. Remember the free way has a very high potential to be a scam just like when we are seeing ponzi and it offers a very high interest on daily basis and that doesn't make sense at all. I guess everyone should pay attention to that.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:55:21 AM

Time is important and it also has a value, I think doing task but not getting something in return can consider as a scam.
Having fun doing something can consider free so not getting a payment from doing it is the most fitted answer for your answer.

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
jamesllaneta

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:06:30 AM

Yes, It can be a scam. Usually the coins that are airdropped are also sold at ICOs. And they usually ask you to downlaod an app, register in their website, join a telegram group, follow them on facebook, follow on twitter, etc. They want to have many subscribers and followers to show that they have a lot of fans.
dpoisoner

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 08:07:44 AM

I do not fill the airdrop if I need to provide data. I fill out forms where it is not required.

⋅⦁•●⚫ AllSporter ⚫●•⦁⋅
First decentralised p2p marketplace, for sports enthusiasts
█████   allsportercoin.io   █████
PRC_May

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:08:54 AM

haven't understanding yet that would something be able to free is a trick. It is my first time to join airdrop have no involvement, I take after likewise in message. I draw in joining due to free and not applying exertion.
nikotengik

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:09:44 AM

possibly it could be a scam. because indeed we do not know what will happen in the future. I am reluctant to give my identity only to airdrop that is not yet clear. we recommend checking the twitter info about the airdrop before participating. such as web, whitepaper, official channel.

center]
🗣 Voice Controlled Ai Trading Assistant 👨‍💻 Portfolio Manager
📊 Analytics  ✦ AiBB ✦ Crypto ID 🔐
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬• https://aibb.io •▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Starlaaa87

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:11:23 AM

There are two options! 1. To deeply study the project before entering it. 2. To do everything, without paying attention to quality. Here everyone for himself has to make a choice. It seems to me, much more effectively to do everything if it airdrops. If bounty, then on the contrary!
angelica laura

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:38:11 AM

I think any of it can be a scam. Free or paid. Each project certainly has its own planning. Perhaps a paid project becomes a scam because the target set has not been reached. Too promises that offer a high price but not achieved end up feeling embarrassed and then disappear and so scams.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
KeezAZA

Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:44:34 AM

not all free are scam but i will say 85% of them are scam they will just waste your time and take your information, someone have to study well before you jump into airdrop because those information they collected can be sell

I agree with you about 85%. I am only studying working with AirDrop. So my point for that question is that popularity of the airdrops are very big, you want to start you must study how it works.

ElenaN

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:49:28 AM

A very large percentage of airdrop are precisely scammers, and here it is difficult to distinguish from normal!
KOF97

Activity: 359
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:13:54 AM

Your reminder is very useful. I hope that more novices can get the knowledge of risk prevention here. There are indeed many scams in the cryptocurrency market.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
CAPTEZECC

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:30:06 AM

My good friend, airdrops and ICOs are not free, you worked for it you assisted them to get what they wanted and you gave your time and data for them to get it, if they did not give you any token as agreed it is a scam.
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:18:35 PM

In my experience, most things that have been free have always been some kind of scam. If you are not paying for it with money or effort of some kind then it is definitely a scam. No one wants to give you anything for free. That is why you see that majority of the airdrops that are out there now are scams because they promise to give coins for free.
Exchge

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:23:24 PM

should be more wise in choosing ICO let alone a free, sometimes the only one can still be scam let alone free.
KobbyD

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 04:30:31 PM

Well, imho, scam is not necessarily take away your money. If you give something (your time, your personal data, anything, your signature) because you are promised to be rewarded, but in the end the person/entity is breaking their promise, it might be called scam/fraud.

And BTW when you give your data freely they might sell it to some people, and many people willing to pay for personal data.
That's right, providing the information you are not supposed to or being trick to steal your details is also a scam. However, if these hackers get your email address, they can start sending you, malicious links which if you are not careful and click them can lead you to be scammed. Be aware.
Dumlooke

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:48:07 PM

Indeed, It can be a trick. Typically the coins that are airdropped are likewise sold at ICOs. Also, they more often than not ask you to downlaod an application, enroll in their site, join a message gathering, tail them on facebook, take after on twitter, and so forth. They need to have numerous endorsers and devotees to demonstrate that they have a ton of fans.

They need you to assist them with attracting speculators
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: