Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:32:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can something free be a scam?  (Read 4095 times)
veekky

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:05:02 AM

They just wasting our time and make a fake hope for potential profit for all who participate. It is also scam,because you make an effort, waste your time, subscribe in social network, share your data. Do you kniw, that your data worth money?
mr.nby

Activity: 307

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:12:20 AM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

By doing some service for someone you expect payment for it. When you go to work, you also expect payment. If someone will not pay you for a job, how do you call it? Probably scammer. It works the same way in the crypto. You give your time and skills to someone and in return you expect that you will get paid for it.
lawalganiyu

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 09:14:03 AM

Can something free be a scam? Yes they know everyone like something like free by doing it free that is what we attract people by falling in it when they know that you have in it they we just strike there action
Good Bo

Activity: 204

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:19:22 AM

Well, imho, scam is not necessarily take away your money. If you give something (your time, your personal data, anything, your signature) because you are promised to be rewarded, but in the end the person/entity is breaking their promise, it might be called scam/fraud.

And BTW when you give your data freely they might sell it to some people, and many people willing to pay for personal data.
I think you you are right that being scamed is not limited only about money but also about other thing like time or whatever.
So always becareful although its just free but not all free will turn into a scam. Scam now is very often we find so i hope we will be in safe.
KobbyD

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 09:22:24 AM

Yeah, If they take your details without payment, that is also regarded as a scam too. People can send viruses to your email to deceive you.
Marusia22

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:27:07 AM

Yes of course free can be generosity. But now most companies are reluctant to pay moshayniki. Yes, and managers work hand in hand.
MobyCrypt

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:31:27 AM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

There is an abuse of the word "scam" in this forum and in the crypto world in general. I suspect many people even ignore its meaning. I would say that in its "soft" meaning it could be translated into "a loss of time" when referring to free airdrops and similar.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
drants

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:34:40 AM

Hi everybody,
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
well, in that case you can only scam yourself since it's your choice to out your energy and time and whatever into the project. when there's no reward you make your own motivation

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
bitcoinpeople1

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:36:11 AM

It is referred to as a scam because while people might not lose their money, they invested their time in doing task, which ended up being unproductive.
ttking

Activity: 324

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:41:06 AM

I have seen several Scam projects with crypto and can say that they are often met today due to the popularity of coins and the wish to earn as much as possible using all possible methods.
sky9314

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:42:25 AM

Free be a scam this is not necessarily, although I think most of the free stuff will not be very good, but you must know that many coins are almost free at the beginning, such as bitcoin.
kantotero

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:42:51 AM

for me yes because we know what they give from airdrop.
michael23

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:50:15 AM

Perhaps such projects do less harm to bounty hunters, but those people who invest in ICO, they do harm. In addition, in many topics, it is said that the market is oversaturated with scammers.
DmitriySar

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:20:08 AM

If they promised to pay you for certain actions committed by you and did not pay, then this will be a scam.
Paperbuk

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:55:40 AM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,
Scam is when something doesn't happen as promised, I think that definition is enough to give an answer when an airdrop token is never sent to a participant.
Papaczed

Activity: 378

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:30:39 AM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Airdops may not look like they are scams because they are only giving away free coins. But if you take a closer look at their project, you might find out that more than half of the existing coins are in the hands of the developers. This is one of the things that you should try to consider. And this is enough for you to question why is this so. This is risky because by the time the coin gains value, the developers might dump all the remaining coins with them. And they are also asking for donations aside from that.

In my opinion, Most probably yes. There is no such thing as free today and if there is so, it wouldn’t be easy to get specially when it comes to money matters. For instance, some airdrops of most rather are scams that’ why we should be really careful in determining what’s true and not.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Mariela

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:35:40 AM

Scammers are everywhere so, don't you think that being a victim of scam is easy?
No, but if you give your time to communicate to those scammers and give your personal identity,accounts even your signature I think they can.
So the best way to eliminate those scammers is to have a sufficient knowledge about them.
Xeon

Activity: 239
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:49:26 PM

Most people think that a scam mean that you are going to give money and not get it back. However, the situation is like this: as for ICOs you may give them something else, for example, wear their signature. A scam is when they promise something and not keep the word
Cryptolenuj

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:54:42 PM

Most of them are scam specially if the ICO are exagerated to their Airdrop Price like $200 per account better ignore it
fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:56:40 PM

ICO is never free, only airdrop is free, and yes majority if airdrop is scam, but sometime you can found a gem in airdrop like hydrogen, mct and etc
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: