Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:30:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can something free be a scam?  (Read 4095 times)
coyote50

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 01:58:29 PM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Some of these airdrops ask for your private key, and people fall for it. Those are the scams. Or the ones that tell you to send some ETH first or something like that
wirosableng

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:01:43 PM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Some of these airdrops ask for your private key, and people fall for it. Those are the scams. Or the ones that tell you to send some ETH first or something like that
But currently there are many in open source. Let everyone think about this, because this technology, developed in open access today, is the most popular. But we also have to be careful.
Iamrealneha

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:01:59 PM

Well it's not possible because scammers is everywhere when they look about any new things which is profitable they start doing scams I think it is their habit to scam people's.
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:02:22 PM

just make sure its a good project and do your research. it literally takes 5 mins of your busy crypto life

Completely agree with you - very often some minutes of attentive searching saves your time and money, even your nerves. It is better to spend some time for searching and think twice, besause spontaneous descisions can lead to the bad results. Be attentive not only with the information about the AirDrop campaign of the project, but even with the name of sites, wallets and so on. Sometimes frauds are so cunning, unpredictable and creative.
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:02:33 PM

Never share your private key, and never send any money/crypto to an airdrop, even if it's just to pay GAS.  Other than that, your biggest risk is the project failing and the tokens being worthless.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
nemey

Activity: 658

Catena X

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:09:02 PM

I think that scam is not always about deceived of losing some money. But, we commonly input our ETH address and email address and they got the data. The data are probably used to prove to the investors to be that they are real and many followers in their community. So, probably they only make us as the manner to gain more community.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
bnstar

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:49:23 PM

You right, At this time legit airdrops number very rear.it's hard to findout.I think It's just time waste.Only 1-10% airdrops will give you coins and 5% are trade on cryptomarket.So before participating any this type off free airdrops or bounty everyone should check their roadmap,project quality,future goal.
GUNGUN12

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:53:51 PM

You right, At this time legit airdrops number very rear.it's hard to findout.I think It's just time waste.Only 1-10% airdrops will give you coins and 5% are trade on cryptomarket.So before participating any this type off free airdrops or bounty everyone should check their roadmap,project quality,future goal.
But I have a chance that it will end in fraud, because how long you participate in the gift is likely to not get rewarded in the campaign, I think it depends on how you choose good to be more secure.
Star_Bucks

Activity: 263
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:55:16 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

There's no doubt in this. That "free" thing is a scam. Nothing's free in this time and society. It is free because it has a purpose or secret agenda behind that. Whether it is good or bad, trust me, it will be bad for you. Getting something for free is a scam.
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:38:43 PM

IMHO almost every air drop is a scam. I have collected so many of these shit coins that I'm tired looking at their super cheap prices. What is the fun of collecting so many of these when you can't even sell them for more than a dollar.
Mostly things that are free turn out to be scam, and things that are too ambitious are most often scams.

They tricked participants by pricing their tokens absurdly for each airdrop of $ 10 to $ 50, many of which only looked at the dollar value without knowing that the token was worthless.
Kaycee0202

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:00:23 PM

The life God gave you is free. So I ask is your life a scam well not everything in life is a scam
shtodelat

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:59:38 PM

Carefully check the projects,to get unsuccessful,and not spend your time for nothing .
Nat77777

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:04:01 AM

Just be careful. And think about how the data you provide about yourself could be linked to other data about yourself.
silentbook

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:10:53 AM

They can get access to your email if you provide them your email. They won't know your password but it's safer to avoid it or make a new email account for airdrops only. If you send your passport, it's risky...
lovemsngr

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:03:23 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,
Scam is when you invest something and are promised something they won't deliver. With airdrops, you just pump up your own expectations and without investing anything you expect to get free stuff and you don't get it. It's not a scam. You haven't lost your money. It's just a disappointment.
AshdiD22

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:54:18 AM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,
No, it's not a scam, because usually airdrops still give some small reward to participants. But if they required KYC, you should stay away in my opinion.
zekarsalih

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:12:21 PM

They can get access to your email if you provide them your email. They won't know your password but it's safer to avoid it or make a new email account for airdrops only. If you send your passport, it's risky...
Before sharing any personal information you should check out the airdrop and the project. All forms of free projects can be scam potentially.
trade2winnn

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:16:34 PM

Can easily,as well as not free, can through the sales funnel to sell you at least different things that you in fact you will then realize that you do not need to understand what you want, then you will have less scams to come across, only understanding and studying the topic gives growth and success
Mrcharles
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:31:51 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

The fact that a promise was made to the participants and the promise wasn't kept, then I can say it's a scam. Most of the Airdrop requires one to follow their social media channels and this requires data and data is not free. The time spent on the internet is not free. So if they don't have anything to offer, let it be stipulated, some persons may still be willing to carry out the task without payment.
espellogo7

Activity: 229

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:35:57 PM

something free can also be a scam..even the real ico can be scam...Scammers are everywhere..so Nothing's free now.. they announce for free because it has a purpose..
you have to be careful...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: