Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:38:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can something free be a scam?  (Read 4095 times)
MD Nur Hossain
Copper Member

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:08:57 PM

It is probably going to occur, the pay is additionally a great deal of scam, particularly if the free, the likelihood of an expansive scam. Along these lines, previously you ensure first the project is great and complete an investigation of the potential outcomes that will happen.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:09:17 PM

If someone steal your personal data and you spend time (even if a very few) to make an aidrop for me it can be considered a scam, even if you have not invested a dollar in it..
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 08:15:47 PM

Many people participating in Airdrop want to earn a lot of money. But most often it costs a couple of dollars. Then disappointed that they were not given a million dollars, they begin to call it a fraud. But think about it, you're spending on Airdrop just a couple of minutes.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
suhoy

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:33:09 PM

I don't understand how free thing can be called scam...other case is when bounty (where you pay effort) is appears to be scam - that's possible.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
evichi

Activity: 1204
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:55:20 PM

Once you participate in the activity - be it airdrop, ICO or bounty, then it is no longer free because you have invested your time and resouces (internet data, energy, intellect, etc) in that activity in anticipation for a reward. To start with, the activity you performed is in anticipation for a reward, even if it is to give out your email. For example, the site might be harvesting emails to sell or give to a vendor or might even be for ulterior purpose. It becomes a scam when  the expected reward was not received. 

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
Larva14

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:09:03 AM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Scams is not only about the coins that get from you. Also your time ans effort can be scam when you joined to them. And I can say that even you just gives your email address you can be hacked. Cause in the first place we don't know what this hackers capable of
nik9990

Activity: 616

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:15:33 AM

I think that is not present, there are many airdrops which benefit, they are created for creation of popularity to the project

IlfarIldarovich

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:58:53 AM

Easily. In the first often a scam is the airdrops, they are designed to attract the attention of the audience to their projects, as well as potential investors. I never believe that airhors can bring at least some money.
tinystone26

Activity: 434

Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:39:24 AM

Yes there's a lot of free that are scam just like borrowing something that you don't know if it can get back to you but how come can a free be a scam if you earn from it before like in participating any bounties and airdrop campaigns. And I think you can be scam when they give to you a address of their wallet for a payment that they need to you for doing things  for nothing.

▶ ▶ T O K E N D A T A   |   UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE WORLD'S CRYPTO DATA   |   T O K E N D A T A ◄ ◄
GET WHITELISTED [ REGISTER NOW ]   ❖   WHITEPAPER   ❖   ANN THREAD   ❖
■  TWITTER  ■  LINKEDIN  ■  TELEGRAM  ■  FACEBOOK  ■  MEDIUM  ■  DISCORD  ■  REDDIT  ■
Kenway

Activity: 362

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:45:24 AM

They may be a scam. Air drops offer free coins or tokens, but before they give you, you need to do something like sign up for their website. If you have fulfilled all their requirements and still haven't received a free coin or just received shitcoins, it's called a scam. They also attract many subscribers. Therefore, we hope to show that they are very popular and attract investors from scratch.
paulscathedral

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:37:14 AM

I would like to ask the question otherwise - can something free not be a scam? This question seems to me the most important.

No, nothing free can be a scam. But if you spend your own time, or even give something, and do not get anything in return - of course, this is a scam. Human civilization has been built on these principles for thousands of years.
dreico

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:28:07 PM

it is not necessary to believe such a blind belief and they offer a lot of good without spending your money, but there is a way to pick them up
LastRolling

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:23:11 PM

absolutely, there's no such thing as ''free'' nowadays you you don;t usually get free things, its either you work for it or pay for it. but in airdrop its not really a scam, in airdrops a scam is like joining in one and waiting for months then get nothing.
RushKing

Activity: 192
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:26:52 PM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
Well, as long as you know what you are doing you might avoid scam issues. Just do not give your personal info and have a proper insight about the coin that you are going to invest to.
Who I

Activity: 420
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:28:43 PM

As a person living in Russia, I can say with confidence that fraud can lie in wait for you in any corner. Perhaps it is better developed in my country than in other countries. But in fact, we have scammers everywhere. Even in the usual grocery stores. I'm not talking about ICO and cryptocurrency
oxidoreductase

Activity: 224
Merit: 29

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:32:12 PM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,
Yes, i think you can be scammed by giving some of your email and eth address, remember that you are on the internet, everything is possible to hackers and they can attack you anytime and anywhere so do not give out your eth address easily.
ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:36:58 PM

it is not necessary to believe such a blind belief and they offer a lot of good without spending your money, but there is a way to pick them up

all of the things that you think are good are not necessarily good in their entirety, surely they lack. because every thing is definitely a problem. whether it's a small or big problem. yes the problem is the problem, and we have to do it all

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
devinks

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:37:33 PM

absolutely, there's no such thing as ''free'' nowadays you you don;t usually get free things, its either you work for it or pay for it. but in airdrop its not really a scam, in airdrops a scam is like joining in one and waiting for months then get nothing.
yes you are right, not all that is free is safe and certainly fraud can happen from anywhere without our knowledge. so we must always be vigilant and careful if there is a free or whatever .
Sixson

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:40:26 PM

If you give your data to someone it is not for free
megaplage

Activity: 320

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:43:26 AM

I trust ICO projects as they pay me to do something for them. Cheating are projects that promise too much for easy work. That's not worth pursuing. And if the payment is normal, it is an excellent method for earning large funds. This is my experience
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: