Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:16:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can something free be a scam?  (Read 4095 times)
MR_Klip

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:48:09 AM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Of course anything free can be a Scam. But if we talk about the ICO sphere, it is not a fraud. Now you are paid for the fact that you are promoting the project, and this is close to salary and work. So that all on your opinion. Believe it or not
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:38:34 AM

Most times in my experience I have come to see that when something is free then ninety nine percent out of hundred it turns out to be a scam. Which is why you have to be very careful when you see people giving out free coins. There is always an hidden agenda and most of the sites are connected to phishing sites which trick you to reveal your private keys to them
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:38:43 PM

Most times in my experience I have come to see that when something is free then ninety nine percent out of hundred it turns out to be a scam. Which is why you have to be very careful when you see people giving out free coins. There is always an hidden agenda and most of the sites are connected to phishing sites which trick you to reveal your private keys to them

Indeed, most of the times, the word free has been used to lure in people to seal a deal and make them think they gained more from it than the other party.

Though scam is a very strong word, a scam-like hidden agenda is surely to take place most of the time.

There are very rare cases really when something is freely given but among the best free gifts once can receive are those that came without any condition. But never throw caution in the aire when someone approaches you for a free gift, be on guard always.
Paul95

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:40:27 PM

Of course not if you look at it from different view. But scam could be the project, where you expect some reward and you look daily on their websites and on your ETH address and you waste your time by looking there. It's annoying too.

S.E.D.O.
Document management system based on blockchain
WHITEPAPER | ANN | WEB | DISCORD | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TELEGRAM
|
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:45:07 PM

Not quite so, some of the air-free projects are very attractive and quite successful! It is important that the developer is passionate about their product! grow or scam!
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:47:58 PM

Not quite so, some of the air-free projects are very attractive and quite successful! It is important that the developer is passionate about their product! grow or scam!
Well, majority of freebies are just have a close border to scam, it's clear from the start that those freebies are already aiming different goal other than a direct profit.
It can be either your data or anything else more important than the money itself, if it's project, I will call it making ecosystem.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
SeVenlast

Activity: 413

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:53:46 PM

Only have to research and find out more deeply and in detail to see the development of the project and its truth. All have great potential if you look for it.

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ravinesolz

Activity: 108

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:57:28 PM

Only have to research and find out more deeply and in detail to see the development of the project and its truth. All have great potential if you look for it.
They do have potential. The campaigns that offer an airdrop is letting people try their product technically for free.

dicaprio

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:58:31 PM

I can not say what is generally possible, but I still think that today many people do not correctly understand what a scam is. Scam is a hoax, regardless of whether it is paid or free scam. Therefore, if you look globally, then yes, definitely it can be called that.
WinterSoldier11

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:59:20 PM

You pay with your data. They must have collected your email, name, phone, gender, address and all the information you filled in. But I can not say it's a scam. They may test a new technology or measure demand.
For instance, facebook is also free just because your personal data is sold to the third parties and marketing companies who set the targeting ad for you.

SilverCup08

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:03:18 PM

Scam does not always mean that money is taken from you. It could also mean promises that are not fulfilled or contracts that are not bound to come to a completion. In cryptocurrencies, any forms of scams can happen if your not careful enough to know what's legit or not.
RobotNIK

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

ADAB Solutions First crypto exchange Islamic Cryp

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:14:53 PM

Maybe Airdrop and is not a fraud, but often your obligations are not met, namely, do not pay or pay little!

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
iTradeBit

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:21:10 PM

Yes It can. You should be very attentive.
AaronVanW

Activity: 198

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:22:25 AM

Indeed, even misuse of your chance is trick, other than some airdrop are useless and the general population in control may require some specific measure of individuals for a gathering or something, which you have officially joined due to the airdrop, and they airdrop you the useless coin while they have picked up from the gathering which you joined.... That is trick alone
Spoop

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:16:38 PM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
Yes something that does not cost you a penny can be a scam, I have heard of one where they tell people that they are doing airdrops and once they are done with it a page pops up, and they are asked to log into their ether wallets only its a phishing site and they can get your wallet information that way.
babyxxbaby

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:19:55 AM

Something free is able only in mousetrap but crypto is close to change this statement. Look at bounties and other similar projects, people get money from their doing without any investments, in general. I am not against for these ones at all because it helps people to improve themselves in this sphere and to get money.
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:32:04 AM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,
Its possible to use your information and other important documents to scam others. Many of Airdrop are scam, some are legit so be careful to join in airdrop. I think free ICO is scam also,, because they launch ICO to fund their project so if they free ICO is probably a scam.

T.T.BH

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:33:55 AM

Yes ofcourse. For me it is possible to happen. Because nowadays everything that was imppssible can be possible now. Especially when we talk about free, that has a big chance to become a scam in the future.
Mr.HULK

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:40:04 AM

There is nothing free here. The only thing free is in the mouse trap. But getting ethereum and email address wont be enough to steal your private keys,remember not to use your main email address with these free airdrops.
various

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 07:44:58 AM

In general, free tokens which are distributed by airdrop are scam. But it would be wrong to say that for all. For example, the hydro distributed thousands of tokens for free, but not scam.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: