Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:20:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NanoFury Project - Open Source Design  (Read 75324 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
QualitySeeds

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

Buy Ganjs Seeds with BTC @ www.qualityseeds.nl

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 04:09:52 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 09:14:35 PM by QualitySeeds

Thank u for your open source project

Will be starting making these ones soon (if i got all things i need) and hope to get a working project

:-) Keep up the good work and will support when its all is done

When you open either the schematic or PCB documents KiCAD may want to start with its own libraries. Remove them from the list - the NanoFury project includes a lib folder with all libraries that you may need. Just add all files from the NanoFury/NF1/kicad/lib folder. (this also would prevent the issue when KiCAD wants to use its own library for a given component instead of the one from the project which may result in bad schematic or PCB)

I tried this method but when i want to open the project  NanoFury/NF1/kicad/lib folder its seems empty

I can open NF1-MCP2210 and i get a layout but i do not know for sure if thats the complete one to sent to the fab or make ourself

hope you can help me out with this

U can buy marijuana seeds with BTC here !!!...

www.qualityseeds.nl

Legit Service for over 4 years

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vs3 (OP)

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 12:14:28 AM

Vs3 thank you. ----- I do have a quote from the facility.  We are going to do a test run of 20.  I will be ordering chips when I get home from the job. 

Nice!

p.s. - btw they could probably hand-assemble 20 units in a few hours Wink

vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 12:41:12 AM

Will be starting making these ones soon (if i got all things i need) and hope to get a working project

When you open either the schematic or PCB documents KiCAD may want to start with its own libraries. Remove them from the list - the NanoFury project includes a lib folder with all libraries that you may need. Just add all files from the NanoFury/NF1/kicad/lib folder. (this also would prevent the issue when KiCAD wants to use its own library for a given component instead of the one from the project which may result in bad schematic or PCB)

I tried this method but when i want to open the project  NanoFury/NF1/kicad/lib folder its seems empty
I can open NF1-MCP2210 and i get a layout but i do not know for sure if thats the complete one to sent to the fab or make ourself

The PCB and SCH files will be in NanoFury/NF1/kicad/NF1-MCP-V06/
When you open either of them then you may get some messages about libraries - then you go to Preferences->Libraries and use the ones in NanoFury/NF1/kicad/lib

Aside from that the PCB file will contain everything needed for exporting of the gerber and other manufacturing files.

stan258

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:39:39 PM

I will have a long wait at this facility.  I am looking for quotes for others that can deliver sooner.  If I was able to place a larger order they would start sooner but this is not the case.  I made pre orders with Hasfast etc and have a limited amount of funds .............. it is what it is. 
QualitySeeds

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 09:21:22 PM

The PCB and SCH files will be in NanoFury/NF1/kicad/NF1-MCP-V06/
When you open either of them then you may get some messages about libraries - then you go to Preferences->Libraries and use the ones in NanoFury/NF1/kicad/lib

Aside from that the PCB file will contain everything needed for exporting of the gerber and other manufacturing files.

Sweet :-) you are a great help !! :-)

www.qualityseeds.nl

aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:34:24 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 12:05:38 PM by aTg

when I open CvPCB to open the netlist I get this error message.

Code:
Unknown File Format <(export (version D)>

Code:
File </NanoFury-master/NanoFury-master/NF1/kicad/NF1-MCP-V06/NF1-MCP2210-v06.net> does not appear to be a valid Kicad net list file.

Code:
Some files could not be found!
NanoFury.mod

If I open the netlist directly in Pcbnew the components do not appear.
vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 12:03:48 PM

Code:

Code:
File </NanoFury-master/NanoFury-master/NF1/kicad/NF1-MCP-V06/NF1-MCP2210-v06.net> does not appear to be a valid Kicad net list file.

Code:
NanoFury.mod

I'm not sure what's the story about "NanoFury.mod" file - it is certainly there:
https://github.com/nanofury/NanoFury/blob/master/NF1/kicad/lib/NanoFury.mod

I noticed that KiCAD tends to embed full paths - which is most likely why you're getting those errors (as yours won't be where mine were). When you open either the schema or pcb go to libraries and remove all references (KiCAD tends to insert its own libraries there too) and add just the files from the lib/ folder.

Which version of KiCAD are you using? Mine is probably old by now - 2013-07-07 BZR 4022 stable on Win32.

QualitySeeds

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 12:36:03 PM

Code:

Code:

Code:
NanoFury.mod

I'm not sure what's the story about "NanoFury.mod" file - it is certainly there:
https://github.com/nanofury/NanoFury/blob/master/NF1/kicad/lib/NanoFury.mod

I noticed that KiCAD tends to embed full paths - which is most likely why you're getting those errors (as yours won't be where mine were). When you open either the schema or pcb go to libraries and remove all references (KiCAD tends to insert its own libraries there too) and add just the files from the lib/ folder.

Which version of KiCAD are you using? Mine is probably old by now - 2013-07-07 BZR 4022 stable on Win32.
It works for me i can see all components but i get the same error some files could not be found nanofury.mod but i still do see them there are 48 parts wright ?

is there a easy way to look them up and buy them online ?

www.qualityseeds.nl

aTg
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:43:20 PM

Sorry, I was using a version of the Ubuntu repositories 2011   Roll Eyes
vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 02:04:26 PM

Probably not everyone's idea of a Saturday evening drink ... but some steady hands and a glass of single malt (for the steady hands part! Smiley) and a few hours of boredom killed:

Let's start with some SMT paste:

Paste looking good:

a few hours later ...

Finally something ready to be baked :

NanoFury Cake anyone?

count down to liftoff ...

Houston, we have ignition! Smiley Middle 2 boards are a few degrees ahead of the pack!

Melt solder! Melt!

Finally cooled down and ready for a close inspection:

And we got some really nicely baked NanoFury miners Smiley

Full album is here: http://imgur.com/a/5hXU4

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:21:47 PM

Hmmm, cookies!

Edit:
How do you pick-and-place them?
vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 09:13:56 PM

Hmmm, cookies!

Edit:

Steady hands! Smiley

btw the trickiest part was placing the bitfury chip ... on one of the boards it is off by half a pin length. Luckily it was shifted along the power pins, so all data ones were good.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:33:21 PM

Steady hands! Smiley

btw the trickiest part was placing the bitfury chip ... on one of the boards it is off by half a pin length. Luckily it was shifted along the power pins, so all data ones were good.

Damn, I always wanted the excuse to make one of these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkYNBFXlJYQ
http://vpapanik.blogspot.gr/2012/11/low-budget-manual-pick-place.html

I guess I'll have to get few full kits with ASICs just for the fun of assembling them.
vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 01:18:11 AM

Steady hands! Smiley

I guess I'll have to get few full kits with ASICs just for the fun of assembling them.

Yeah, I've looked at something like that .. So far I haven't found anything that beats steady hands and good tweezers though.
I mean - down to 0603 everything is big enough for handling it that way. 0402 is probably as tiny as I'd ever do by hand (and given an option - read that as "never").

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:09:54 PM

Steady hands! Smiley

Yeah, I've looked at something like that .. So far I haven't found anything that beats steady hands and good tweezers though.
I mean - down to 0603 everything is big enough for handling it that way. 0402 is probably as tiny as I'd ever do by hand (and given an option - read that as "never").
Want to make 110?
vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 10:41:24 PM

Steady hands! Smiley

Want to make 110?

Sure, although I think you may not like my pricing Smiley

HugPuddle

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:23:53 PM

Like.
 Smiley
IchibahnSLC

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:24:08 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 06:05:43 PM by IchibahnSLC

I will be looking at these designs later today but am interested in adding in more bitfury chips.  I'm not an electrical engineer but am pretty good with pcb design so was wondering what changes would need to be made to the schematics themselves to make this happen.  

Also, I have a local pcb builder that has a 5 day turnaround and a local pcb assembly company that takes on small-medium production runs.  I know I do not have much time on this forum but I've been a member for a while.

I'm located in the states.
hammer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:42:41 PM

Have a guy a idea to run this devices under the raspberry?
I bring them not to work:-(

aTg
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:59:33 PM

vs3, can you tell us about the heat of the chips, without any dissipation layer, how much temperature rises?
I happened to make a big hole in the GND pad and once the bitfury soldier is padded on the backside with tin or thermal compound to insert a rear heatsink.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: