Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:24:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know if Bounty is scam?  (Read 7486 times)
cryptopussies

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:14:12 PM

Theres no way to find out ,because even if you have done a lot of research and you find good informations these legits ICOs might turn into a scam!That is why we need to be more vigillant one redflag is enough to stay away from these scammers! especially when someone in their team isnt using their real identity because surely they will scam people!

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
JRACPJRL

Activity: 197
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:19:43 PM

To prevent being scammed or getting all your work to be wasted, do some kind of investigation. Do some profile check to the campaign manager. The most recommend rank of a manager is from Sr. Member to Legendary. Most, not all, of the campaigns managed by Members and below are fraud. Again, not all of them.
cryptamod

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:51:44 PM

There is no chance of knowing that espeically when these people are good in hiding their real identity,they could have used someone's identity so that he project will look like a legit one,so theres no one who can tell which is which not unless they are open from questions or they are participating events in some places with their team that would give us less things to worry about.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
grknondr

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:04:07 AM

If their social profiles are not active and updated daily, if I dont get answered on telegram or bounty thread, if bounty tread is not well established I begin to suspect. Also I check the website and the team. If the team members join to conferences about finance and crypto world, if spreadsheet is updated on time I have confidence.
potatocorner

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:13:16 AM

How do you know if it is a scam? Because I have encountered a bounty that let me finish all the translations first and didn't respond to me after I have passed it. I hope bounties will not be like this anymore because they demand and we did our part but they didn't do theirs. I hope you could answer my question.
There is no way to tell,because these projects can turn the table easily and you wont know until they have run away.Shady businesses needs a lot of time to be successful and untraceable that is why we need to be pick with these bounties,always ask the community and other people if what they can tell about the ICO or bounty so you will have an idea if it has redflags.
Yeah, it is recommendable to ask other people who know the bounty well so you will be warned in the first place. The things that are suggested earlier are good ideas too. Searching in trusted websites can be a good help in finding the right and true bounty campaigns. As for me, I ask my trusted user, like my classmates on where to join the good bounty.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Dheo

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:30:50 AM

How do you know if it is a scam? Because I have encountered a bounty that let me finish all the translations first and didn't respond to me after I have passed it. I hope bounties will not be like this anymore because they demand and we did our part but they didn't do theirs. I hope you could answer my question.

Honestly,  since I joining the bounty and signature campaigns I did not encountered a bounty are a scam, firstly the one I check before I joined in bounty campaign the publicity of websites, team, partnership the project, ICO rating.
JanuaryStars

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:38:55 AM

I would like to reiterate others' comments, we need to be vigilant and check for visibility of the project and/or the dev team in various social media platforms, if they don't have such visibility then start questioning credibility. Also verify identification of dev team members, look for legitimacy, otherwise that would just be plain and simple suspicious and warrants negative opinion.
allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:43:01 AM

Team is the number one criteria I'm looking for. As long as I know they are real people I know who to find if they and up scamming me. Also check some ICO review sites like icoBench etc...
bitcoin.beda

Activity: 770
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:53:30 AM

Hi, the best thing for me to check if the bounty is a scam is the members of the team that you are supposed to promote.
This is a very clear way to check, if you see that the team is very honest and transparent, it is likely that you will get a bounty.
But if not, especially if the members dont have a video promoting it, well this is a red flag.
One example is Benebit which turns out to be scammed, as the members of the team are just pictures from a British School.

Therefore join only to the transparent team, find a quality ICOs rather than quantity.

quarkchain.io
bojokusugih

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:54:58 AM

Products on offer, a well-known team of people, see the vision and mission of the bounty, ask in bitcointalk and group forums if any.
And lastly check on this site:
https://idsly.bid/qoSyp

mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:20:33 AM

Sorry to hear that.
You might consider checking this thread 'Bounties the managers (spreadsheet)' from Hakamura
I made a spreadsheet of the last bounties from managers, the interaction with which was positive and successful:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B4sMp4rDeYjPn3Lkbxn6Ot5KLQFERPXloIl5lUbTVBg/edit?usp=sharing

The table will be updated, it will be possible to follow the appearance of new companies from these managers and to fit into the project on time.
I think it can be useful to many people, I personally did not have enough of this information in due time.

A reputable Bounty Manager is no guarantee but the next thing to it  Cheesy
nurilham

Activity: 1470
Merit: 441

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:23:28 AM

You can tell if the campaign is a scam if there is no updates inside the Google Spreadsheet. They need to stay relevant to survive.
not Spreadsheet, which affects the project failed or not. here I follow the project with Spreadsheet always updated by the manager and it turns out after completion of the project failed. the failure of a project is caused by someone who is not responsible for making the project. they have full rights to the project on the run.
ArabianStars

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

KRIPTON

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:29:46 AM

Little is known whether or not ICO project is scam, owing it to the reason of a decentralized platform where anyone can pop some crop out of the mill.
Having said that, there are a few even next to none indicators that will point scam form not.
On the other hand, with experience you may gauge which is the real one among the many projects open.
Like you can only follow and work with dev teams you have worked with before, given that their project was successful.
Cross check visibility of the project form social media platforms and reliability of members of the dev team.
This can save you a lot of trouble actually, it did me. I hope it will you.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:57:00 AM

There are so many of these fake and scam ICO's they will not going to pay you if there ico is not successful or they are not a legit project, you need to take heed if the project is legit or not, I have been a victim of these scam before, hopefully it will not happen again.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Adreman23

Activity: 1366
Merit: 107

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:07:53 AM

invistigate and doing a research first before joining any bounty this will help you to determine if one bounty campain is scam or not.

GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:17:07 AM

We can't be sure for 100% will be scam for ICO or not. However, we can evaluate ICO: developers team, idea, preico success and etc. At present there are some web sites where you can find ICO analyses with ICO rating

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Dark_raven007

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 02:20:58 AM

In my experience, 20% of the projects are scammers and scum. So I'm not surprised by your situation. Oto usual practice. It is necessary to choose projects for work in more detail and take into account many factors. This is the idea of the project, the team, the product, the soft and hard caps, the rating and much more. This will help you reduce the% of the scum and not fall into the hands of scammers
mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:30:58 AM

first check their project reviews on different sites , do they have some articles on medium or steemit ? , also check their telegram group and ask some profound questions about the project , if they Ban you , you'd know it's a scam .

Ethreyes

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

www.daxico.com

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:02:07 AM

The solution to your problem is to read and search a lots...  Think before you join... Just trust your instinct it will help you also...  And also check their project a hundred times because there are a lots of people who make this scam as their habit just to lure people... so you should be very careful about it but always think that sometimes this work is risky...
Fairy_90

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:07:49 AM

Once you've joined, you have to take risks, but to minimize the risk, you need to look carefully at each project, as well as the views of the investors, and Then is luck, as well as your judgment. Good luck to you!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: