Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:58:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [April fools] New new rank requirements  (Read 11583 times)
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 03:31:49 PM

w00t my accounts got to be worth at least 10 BTC with my politeness level!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
independence

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:33:51 PM

In addition to the imagination, you need to add humor. Funny messages are more interesting to read. Who will write funny messages, +1 will be added to humor.)
Jitra

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

Professional Translator (Malaysian Language)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 03:36:48 PM

How do you calculate virtue & karma?  I understand everything else but these two:

Virtue
This is an upright, God-fearing community which will suffer no witchcraft or other heresy. This stat measures your moral virtue. Warning: those with low virtue may be visited by the holy inquisition.

This is how many non-scammer trust ratings you have both sent and received. Due to our strict moderation of the trust system, this is sure to be a highly reliable measure of your reliability vis-à-vis the trust system.

csr.INPACTOR.com  ◁|▌ A NEW HUMANITARIAN ECOSYSTEM ▐|▷  theINCITEMENT.com
■■■■■■■■■■■■■   POWERED BY CSR Tokens   ■■■■■■■■■■■■■
JeremyB

Activity: 812
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Really good one!
When you see number of posts concerning merits, I let you imagine the # of posts concerning all of these! Grin
Zlatna Kopa4ka

Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:43:56 PM

I can't quite understand what fMerit really is Sir. Please explain to me and I'm kinda hoping that this is a April Fools joke. I don't get the need for these type of stuff, is it really necessary?
grknondr

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:44:38 PM

New method is incomprehensive. There is not a calculation system form some new features. Only fmerit is calculated with a formula. The puspose may be useful but the road to the purpose is complicated. Please Smiley
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1337

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 03:45:13 PM
Merited by jacktheking (1)

Thank you sir theymos for improving rank rquirements. It was first time when I called someone "sir" lol. Maybe all these things like Karma, Virtue or fMerit looks complicated and confusing and I can't understand how exactly everything works, but I think it's great.
And when I visited forum first time today, I completely forgot that today is April Fools Day, because it's Easter day Cheesy

Jitra

Merit: 5

Professional Translator (Malaysian Language)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 03:45:31 PM

w00t my accounts got to be worth at least 10 BTC with my politeness level!

Honesty if I had 10 BTC, I would definitely buy your account "sir/madam", if it is in fact, up for sale (sir) coz in the long run I would definitely recover that 10 BTC investment simply with Signature campaign alone, not taking into account the amount of money one could earn by selling your merits (sir).  If I were you (sir) I would seriously reconsider your offer and really re-value your account.  I would say it's worth at least 3x 10 BTC, easily.  Would spreading paymenst over a 24-month period work for you (please sir)?  Btw, I don't think there is a way yet to quantify, value or monetized the "politeness" earned.

csr.INPACTOR.com  ◁|▌ A NEW HUMANITARIAN ECOSYSTEM ▐|▷  theINCITEMENT.com
■■■■■■■■■■■■■   POWERED BY CSR Tokens   ■■■■■■■■■■■■■
blackssmith

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:46:33 PM

Wow Impressive and hard to rank up I guest we need an another adventure sir/madam! to our rank up! This is great and Wise plan to avoid Spam and Violence.
hoeda

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:52:19 PM

this is sure sir?
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 03:58:57 PM

Hopefully this easy-to-understand, graphical ranking system will put to rest many users' questions and concerns once and for all.

I strongly support this new methodology for computing various elements of rank.

I believe that an objective evaluation of the essence of a person, their character, is best performed through the review of a combination of factors such as those that you identified.  While a valid case could be made that the current Merit system is essentially a human-moderated form of judging and assessing overall "worth" of an individual to a community, such as through the relevance and quality of their posts (which on a forum is arguably the most important criterion), the separate computations make quick evaluation of a person and/or persona easy and convenient.

• Do not like impolite people? No problem, skip low politeness users.
  • Value pretty pictures? Imagination is your metric.

I especially appreciate the graphical representation based on infinite iterations of Conway's Game of Life using the 10 MSBits of the rank elements.  Personally, I would have thought the highest byte would be sufficient but I am not an expert in the area of forum rank dynamics.

I think you've managed to balance the various factors and implement a robust ranking system.  I propose that this system is permitted to demonstrate its resilience and that perhaps adjustments should not be considered for some period of time to ensure that any "adoption issues" do not impact decisions to make adjustments seem necessary when in fact they are just artifacts from switching to this more resilient system.  Perhaps the issue should next be visited one year from now, on April 1, 2019.

In any event, great job theymos.  There will be little to object to or complain about now.

Best regards,
Ben

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
denyfirmasyahputra

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:59:29 PM

fMerit
An obvious extension on top of Merit, sMerit, and source merit. It is calculated using this simple formula:
Code:
min((1103515245*(uid+activity)+12345) % (1<<10),(1103515245*posts+12345) % (1<<10), (1103515245*merit+12345) % (1<<10))
And sorry before sir isn't the rule to get sMerit from someone who needs a qualified and constructive post criteria or useful for the progress of this forum. So members continue to deserve to get sMerit.

This never ends, so the person will advance in rank.
Rank adjustments happen every week on Tuesday, and you can only go up 1 rank per week.
Hopefully this easy-to-understand, graphical ranking system will put to rest many users' questions and concerns once and for all.
sorry sir i beg for an explanation of this description which states to increase rank every week?
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1825
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 04:01:05 PM

Activity: 1160
Merit: 1181
Politeness: 287
fMerit: 123
Imagination: 115
Virtue: 7
Coins: 188

Good news is, I have the same amount of virtue as theymos.
Bad news is, I'm apparently not polite enough  Huh

Can you help me occupy my brain? Grin

Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:01:26 PM

So... Now our ranking up is determined by (pre-Atari) "Game of Life" ?

Can we expect a future update to include a PvP method for users to battle it out to rank up?

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
Mamaecrypto

Activity: 333
Merit: 215

www.mammycrypto.com Best Browser brave.com/mam025

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 04:03:21 PM

Thank you for the implementation of the new merit system. The previous one did need an upgrade since it was just too plain. This new system on the other hand is quite intricate and I am not sure if I understood all aspects of it. Is Fmerit the merits we have to be shared with others? Will virtue,politeness etc be equivalent to merits or do we still need to achieve the previous number of merits to advance? How can y tell how many coins each of us have if some of us did not provide an address? Can you believe I still have few questions but I will keep reading the thread in hope to understand this system a little better. Time will help make the whole process more clear!

Renegade1979

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:04:35 PM

How do you calculate virtue & karma?  I understand everything else but these two:
Virtue
This is an upright, God-fearing community which will suffer no witchcraft or other heresy. This stat measures your moral virtue. Warning: those with low virtue may be visited by the holy inquisition.
This is how many non-scammer trust ratings you have both sent and received. Due to our strict moderation of the trust system, this is sure to be a highly reliable measure of your reliability vis-à-vis the trust system.
that's simple. As BANQ dev hasn't payd me for the last week's signature campaign he could have bad karma and due to that dishonorable behaviour our lady Ke$h the g-ddess of Cryptolaundering Libertarianity would strafe the coin with low virtuel value so we have a DUMP to 20k sats. You live you learn Tongue
thithai547

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:06:55 PM

Thank you sir theymos for improving rank rquirements. It was first time when I called someone "sir" lol. Maybe all these things like Karma, Virtue or fMerit looks complicated and confusing and I can't understand how exactly everything works, but I think it's great.
And when I visited forum first time today, I completely forgot that today is April Fools Day, because it's Easter day Cheesy
Hello Sir,

This is my first time I comment on your thread, so take it easy and let me call you Sir with deeply respect. You are likely one of supporters of new new rank requirements. So, would you mind giving me explanations about the new new rank requirements, which I don't understand despite the fact that I read, re-read it so many times.

Thanks you Sir for your upcoming help; and thanks Sir Theymos for such really hard to understand system.
deklitt

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:08:05 PM

Jujur saya katakan.saya masih belum begitu paham dengan paparan aturan baru yang telah disampaikan.
Saya berharap agar keterangannya di perjelas hingga gampang di mengerti.

I hope to be more thorough in posting and learning about this thread
so you are not wrong in post placement
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=764664.0
Turk Ace

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 04:09:37 PM

This doesn't really help. What is that wierd imagine at the end? Noone knows. What do all these stats do? Nothing? How do we rank up now? You tell us we rank up but not how. I need activity and merits? Or is there other stats that come into play too? Getting merits is ridiculous and there are too few merits to actually rank people up. If everyone gave everyone all their merits there still wouldn't rank up. Not fair. So now we have a complicated list of stats that tell us what? That someone used the word sir or please a million times? How is that helpful? I do like the fact you added karma though. People need to give green trust and stop being selfish. If you get paid by bounty give the manager green trust. It's there for that very reason. The others see the green trust and trust the manager will pay. This thread explains very little and I don't understand how you expect this to be sufficient. There clearly many unknowns vairables here. You can't expect eooe to not ask a thousand questions if you don't explain fully. We not in your head we don't understand how you think. Please explain this in more detail. Like what is fmerit? You say it's obviously an extension on merits. Ok but how does telling us that help? It still doesn't tell us what the do or what they for. I mean do these stats do anything or just fancy to look at?
shaw1

Activity: 504
Merit: 297

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:13:50 PM

Bud.
It's an April fools day joke.
Chill.  Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: