Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:51:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Monarch update  (Read 14065 times)
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:08:59 AM

Anyone planning to preorder a Monarch?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:24:21 AM

Yeah, about the time hell freezes over, or Obama gets a 3rd term.

Don't hold your breath on either one of those.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:46:11 AM

we feel our timeline to begin shipments towards the end of the year is solid."

Respectfully, experience and history on these forums will clearly illustrate that the only thing that is solid, is the density of their bullshit.

... and volume.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 01:57:46 AM

Tapeout?

Did the chips even tapeout?

I guess they did not. from a previous announcement:

Late August/Early September Tape Out
There are two processes with this step that we are using. The initial process is what is called a bullet run, it will allow us to get a finished set of wafers in approximately 24 days from the date we tape out. This will result in a limited number of chips available.
The second process is the standard run, which takes between 75 and 90 days on average, and this is where the bulk of our chips will come from

If they had taped out, by their own schedule they should be getting their hot lot by the end of November and they would not claim shipping only one month later. Also note that  by their own schedule, the bulk shipment can only start 50-65 days later. End of december +~60 means early March instead of the "January/February" the are advertising. Of course on BFL's calender,  January has 65 days.

And all the above was predicated on the initial and subsequent Monarch orders prior to HashTrade placing their multi-million dollar order (the $1M mentioned in the press was only for a down payment, so I'm assuming at least half down which would equate to the multi-million dollar figured I sued).

The current expected date for our chips out of the foundry is early December. Obviously nothing will be shipping in November. Projected target is end of December but that is, as usual, subject to change. When I have more info I will share it.

Thus, according to Josh's own figures as elaborated on, HashTrade shouldn't expect delivery no earlier than late March, with all subsequent pre-orders placed after that wall purchase not being shipped till mid April, at the extreme earliest.

There is no way that BFL can sugarcoat an earlier shipping date, for it would 100% negate the already timeline stated by Josh, now push backed proportionally.

~TMIBITW
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:06:45 AM

The current expected date for our chips out of the foundry is early December. Obviously nothing will be shipping in November. Projected target is end of December but that is, as usual, subject to change. When I have more info I will share it.

Thus, according to Josh's own figures as elaborated on, HashTrade shouldn't expect delivery no earlier than late March, with all subsequent pre-orders placed after that wall purchase not being shipped till mid April, at the extreme earliest.

There is no way that BFL can sugarcoat an earlier shipping date, for it would 100% negate the already timeline stated by Josh, now push backed proportionally.

~TMIBITW
You know BFL will just gut a ton of early Monarch orders and ship them out to the guy with 1 million dollars.

Besides....they never told anyone what their initial lot size was to begin with. We will call it...shrinking the Lots expectations to cover the first Monarch customers.

Ol' Josh is already saying December/January when before he was saying November/December.

November seems to have gone poof and no one can get him to remember...apparently.
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:32:52 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 04:11:54 AM by Bicknellski

Ok, so we are helping Josh with a realistic March 2014 shipping.

What will be the projected network hash rate?
What would will an under performing Monarch make in March 2014?
What are these Monarch's going to need PSU / PDU and control or back plane wise?

Given what we have seen in the past from BFL there is a lot of unanswered design questions here and with little or no guidance on what the finished product will be able to do, what it will cost in terms of 'accessories' to get this Monarch hashing for the user seems to me to be a good place to question this design.

Failure to plan.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:33:33 AM

LOL  Cheesy

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 08:42:42 AM

What are these Monarch's going to need PSU / PDU and control or back plane wise?

Given what we have seen in the past from BFL there is a lot of unanswered design questions here and with little or no guidance on what the finished product will be able to do, what it will cost in terms of 'accessories' to get this Monarch hashing for the user seems to me to be a good place to question this design.

Failure to plan.

Plus,you know BFL will miss thier power targets by at least 3 fold,a leopard can't change his spots  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:35:12 AM

Failure to plan.

Plus,you know BFL will miss thier power targets by at least 3 fold,a leopard can't change his spots  Cheesy
In this case the leopard had his spots burned into it's body.

Time to get a new pelt. (or a peltier)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:58:51 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 11:16:07 AM by PuertoLibre

Thanks Josh! You keep the competition STRONG~!
(...and customers [money] tied up...and very weak.)

Link: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information.html
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 04:19:01 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 06:03:41 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/03/us-technology-bitcoins-idUSBRE9A209P20131103

In the past three months, miners added so much gear with drastically improved chips that processing power on the network jumped from 289 terahashes per second to more than 4,000 terahashes per second, according to The Genesis Block, a blog that collects Bitcoin data.

And there's still tons (literally) of gear ready (or about) to be added to that processing power before the Monarch makes its debut.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235422.msg2488483#msg2488483

Re: Building a bitcoin embassy!
June 16, 2013, 01:14:20 AM
Quote from: coinguycanada on June 16, 2013, 12:05:09 AM
It might be interesting to offer courses on setting up wallet and other basics of Bitcoins especially in two streams, English and French, would be good.

Yeah, that's a good point. We will probably be the first place people come complain if they get their BTC stolen. No worries about the French part, I'm one of those "racist nazi" quebecers that abide by our "language police".  Grin

Quote from: dwdoc on June 16, 2013, 12:22:04 AM
Re: Is the title " Bitcoin Embassy " appropriate?

Sounds a little political.

What about Bitcoin Institute or Bitcoin Bureau?  Huh

Just to specify a point that may be uncommon to people around here. The only official language in Québec province is French and we have laws in place to protect our french heritage, mainly to prevent english assimilation. The most famous law is named the law 101 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charter_of_the_French_Language). To put it simply, the name of the place MUST be in French. There is some exceptions in the law, "Bitcoin" could fall under those exceptions easily, but not general terms like "embassy" or "institute". "Bureau" could work though, we have the same in french.

All this to say, I know how that law works and I currently have a name I'm working on right now. I'm pretty confident in it and I think it's a really elegant solution to all this. I'll keep you informed.

Quote from: AbraxasCcs on June 16, 2013, 12:30:11 AM
Absolutely you must offer offshore mining.

That's something really interesting to consider. Didn't taught of it, thanks!

So, a multi-million dollar Monarch order was placed.

Gotta love the front of the building.

Honey, how much hash did you want me to buy? I'm there now.

Not hash! Hashing power! Hashing power! And you call yourself a nuclear psychic.

Meet the Jacobson Brothers: http://www.hashtrade.com/about.html

The Jacobson Brothers

Back in 2011, Jean Marc Jacobson and his brother Remy were researching virtual currencies and found Bitcoin and they decided to invest behind it. Their initial investments have had an excellent return so they decided to take it to the next level with HashTrade. The brothers also started a non-profit organization -- The Bitcoin Embassy -- in Montreal, Canada, that has the dual purpose of helping establish direction for the evolution of Bitcoin and serve also as an incubator of innovative ideas and business concepts that will help propel Bitcoin usage and adoption.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15672.msg470429#msg470429

Re: Introduce yourself Smiley
August 20, 2011, 02:34:22 PM
Hola!

From Canada, we're a duo of great miners willing to take over the world with Bitcoins! Grin

I've been lurking the forums for around 4 months, and I wanted to comment on some topics. Since there are rules on this forum, I'm going to respect them. So here's the first post!

Ya but it's not like if you can be the McDonald of Bitcoin.

Why not?

About HashTrade

HashTrade is a premier data processing organization enabling all individuals to benefit from mining Bitcoins without having to purchase or operate any hardware. HashTrade is part of Coinware, a company that develops, promotes and sustains business solutions for furthering the goals and ideals of the Bitcoin network.

Funny how nobody has yet to produce the tx showing the $1M transaction.
Xian01
Legendary

Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:32:49 PM

Speaking from experience, I really can't say anything nice about the Québécois.

Honestly, these guys and Butterfly Labs are meant for each other.

Birds of a feather, and so on and so forth...
BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:31:43 PM

Poor Joshie, never remembers to include the year in his statements. Month of a unknown year only goes so far.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 09:07:40 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 09:31:05 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Hi there!
hopefully we'll see ya at the next Montreal's meetup!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98862.120

I will be there for sure, but I actually have the perfect venue for meet-ups in Montreal.  And it can be a permanent venue too.  Is there any need for that?

It is very well located on St-Laurent, between Sherbrooke and Prince Arthur.

Jake.Hobson reads similarly to Jacobson, of which he is since he state in a post that he does own the building.

Jean-Marc and Remy, of http://www.bizapedia.com/fl/BIDS-ON-GOLD-LLC.html.

http://www.secinfo.com/dr4ur.639m.htm

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/040518/osgl.ob10qsb.html
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:39:10 AM

Fool me once
SHAME ON YOU
Fool me twice
SHAME ON ME

I will NEVER buy from BFL
I will NEVER buy a BFL UNIT. USED or NEW
I will NEVER buy a product with a BFL CHIP in it.

Josh needs a big black dick constantly up his ass to be able to empathize what his customers have felt over the past year.

The GUY is a CON man's CON man.
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:17:25 AM

Speaking from experience, I really can't say anything nice about the Québécois.

Honestly, these guys and Butterfly Labs are meant for each other.

Birds of a feather, and so on and so forth...

I am a Quebecois... nothing nice to say about me?

Cry

Xian01
Legendary

Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:19:54 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 12:00:04 AM by Xian01

Cry

If you are one of those fruits that turns their noses up to people who speak English, or if you are one of those people that wants to separate from the rest of Canada (even though Canada wants nothing to do with you, and would gladly show you the door) ... well, then I guess you're the first nice one I've met TBH.

I don't genuinely hate many things in this world. In no particular order; Scientology, Smug Atheists, Quebecois, Butterfly Labs / Josh Zerlan, Woman Beaters, Pedophiles, Rapists as examples, but yeah, don't like the Quebecois very much Sad

EDIT: WRT to dislike of Quebecois, I should qualify that as separatists, or other radicals who don't wish to interact-with or integrate with the English speaking populace. I recognize in retrospect, my usage of "Quebecois" was applied too broad and inaccurately. FWIW...
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:36:08 PM

Anglophone... Quebecois. Grin

My Canada includes Quebec.

Never met a separatists or French Canadian I didn't like strange world.

mruiter

Activity: 281

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:17:30 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 07:40:04 PM by mruiter

Its not About hating people or races. ITS About hating stealing BFL and asshole josh !!
Lets hate and kill BFL and not make war...

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:38:41 PM

Cry

If you are one of those fruits that turns their noses up to people who speak English, or if you are one of those people that wants to separate from the rest of Canada (even though Canada wants nothing to do with you, and would gladly show you the door) ... well, then I guess you're the first nice one I've met TBH.

I don't genuinely hate many things in this world. In no particular order; Scientology, Smug Atheists, Quebecois, Butterfly Labs / Josh Zerlan, Woman Beaters, Pedophiles, Rapists as examples, but yeah, don't like the Quebecois very much Sad

You have a right to your opinions but stereotyping and generalizations of people does not reflect kindly on yourself. There are bad apples in every crowd. Just because BFL are a terrible asic company to do business with doesn't mean we should pigeon hole every other BTC Asic company as the same.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: