Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:07:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum 1.9 released  (Read 15910 times)
oggers

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:33:39 PM

Ok. Right clicking on one or several addresses on the receive tabs does the trick. Thank you for this improvement.

But what about the connecting issue?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 04:44:13 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 12:15:27 AM by bitcoininformation

Another bug:
If my laptop goes into sleep mode and starts up again, Electrum won't sync or reconnect.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
oggers

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:13:20 AM

No problem with my home laptop, it connects just after starting. I must check my work laptop.

Ok. Right clicking on one or several addresses on the receive tabs does the trick. Thank you for this improvement.

But what about the connecting issue?
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 04:58:40 AM

Electrum 1.9.5 was released. (binaries will follow)

Changes:
* coin control: the 'prioritize' command is replaced by a "send from" menu in the Qt GUI.
(you may select multiple addresses to spend from with the mouse, and the "!" shortcut is compatible with this)
* used addresses are moved to a collapsed section
* more bug fixes

Hi,

it seems that freeze/unfreeze resets the column width of "Address" every time. Using 1.9.5 standalone executable on Win7 x64.

While the idea of coin control is really awesome, I prefer the implementation of coin control is implemented for the stock client:

Cheers and thank you very much for this great client nevertheless! Smiley

Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 09:06:44 AM

Electrum 1.9.5 was released. (binaries will follow)

Changes:
* coin control: the 'prioritize' command is replaced by a "send from" menu in the Qt GUI.
(you may select multiple addresses to spend from with the mouse, and the "!" shortcut is compatible with this)
* used addresses are moved to a collapsed section
* more bug fixes

Hi,

it seems that freeze/unfreeze resets the column width of "Address" every time. Using 1.9.5 standalone executable on Win7 x64.

While the idea of coin control is really awesome, I prefer the implementation of coin control is implemented for the stock client:

Cheers and thank you very much for this great client nevertheless! Smiley

Feel free to port it to Python and send a pull request. I'm sure it will be very welcome.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
hobbes

Activity: 128
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:27:55 PM

If I wanted to split the seed in two parts would this procedure make sense for split cold storage:

* Generate two normal seeds by starting Electrum without datadir (part1 and part2)
* concatenate the two parts with a single space in between
* use concatenated parts as input to "restore from seeds"
* put one part to a safe place (bank locker); keep the other one safe, too
* restore from concatenated parts whenever necessary

Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:30:52 PM

If I wanted to split the seed in two parts would this procedure make sense for split cold storage:

* Generate two normal seeds by starting Electrum without datadir (part1 and part2)

You can generate a new wallet using the -w switch. No need to move/rename the data dir. Run electrum --help for more details.

As far as splitting the seed goes you can also use shamir's secret sharing algo to create arbitrary n of m splits. Google shamir's secret sharing for more info. There's a ready made program out there called ssss
hobbes

Activity: 128
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:50:08 PM

You can generate a new wallet using the -w switch. No need to move/rename the data dir. Run electrum --help for more details.

As far as splitting the seed goes you can also use shamir's secret sharing algo to create arbitrary n of m splits. Google shamir's secret sharing for more info. There's a ready made program out there called ssss
Thanks for the hint. I read about ssss but I like the nice pronounceable words from the Electrum seed better.

Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:52:06 PM

Thanks for the hint. I read about ssss but I like the nice pronounceable words from the Electrum seed better.

Yeah they definitely are more user friendly. ssss is for when you need more than the straight forward n of n split.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 12:45:54 AM

Electrum 1.9.5 portable isnt working portable. It doesnt find the wallet and creates a directory in the system dir which shouldnt happen for a portable version i guess.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:14:28 AM

Electrum 1.9.5 portable isnt working portable. It doesnt find the wallet and creates a directory in the system dir which shouldnt happen for a portable version i guess.

What's the md5 of your 1.9.5 portable.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

What's the md5 of your 1.9.5 portable.

It shows the correct md5 from the download website. But i was wrong. The dir in roaming was old. It doesnt create it. Instead it creates a dir electrum_data in the rootdir of the .exe and then asks for creating a new wallet.

Should i push files into that dir somehow? I have the dir locale and the files blockchain_headers, electrum.dat and the .exe.

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 01:52:36 PM

Ah yeah. The new file it's looking for is wallets/default_wallet. I believe there should however be a migration system in place that should automatically do this for you. If it hasn't try moving your wallet to that folder/ filename but please back it up first Smiley

Sioux

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:12:17 PM

so electrum you arre still not workingg when arre you going to conect?

Cant connect here! what do?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 10:57:28 PM

Ah yeah. The new file it's looking for is wallets/default_wallet. I believe there should however be a migration system in place that should automatically do this for you. If it hasn't try moving your wallet to that folder/ filename but please back it up first Smiley

I tried it. But pushing the 2 files and the dir locales to electrum_data/wallets/default_wallet didnt work. I then put them one directory higher and it started. But it doesnt save any settings. I cant change language or the currency.

Is auto-connect connecting only via SSL when i set it that way? The ssl-dropdownbox is grayed out then too so i wonder if it honors that setting at all with autoconnect.

btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 11:47:54 AM

I tried it. But pushing the 2 files and the dir locales to electrum_data/wallets/default_wallet didnt work. I then put them one directory higher and it started. But it doesnt save any settings. I cant change language or the currency.

Is auto-connect connecting only via SSL when i set it that way? The ssl-dropdownbox is grayed out then too so i wonder if it honors that setting at all with autoconnect.

It should take the electrum.dat in ~/.electrum and turn it to /wallets/default_wallet in the first run of the new versions. So you have to place your electrum.dat in the older default folder that is the legacy ~/.electrum hidden folder.

You can also use the File >Open option to select the desire wallet file, and then use the File > Copy option.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 10:35:04 PM

It should take the electrum.dat in ~/.electrum and turn it to /wallets/default_wallet in the first run of the new versions. So you have to place your electrum.dat in the older default folder that is the legacy ~/.electrum hidden folder.

You can also use the File >Open option to select the desire wallet file, and then use the File > Copy option.

Im not sure if i see what you mean. It sounds a bit like linux directories?

Lets say my portable electrum is at L:\Electrum and all files are in there:
blockchain_headers
electrum.dat
electrum-1.8.1-portable.exe
and dir: locale

I put electrum-1.9.5-portable.exe in there and start it.

The following dir-structure is built:

electrum_data
  certs
  wallets

When i put
blockchain_headers
electrum.dat
and dir: locale

into electrum_data and stat 1.9.5 then it starts and creates a file:
electrum_data\wallets\default_wallet (Its a file, no dir)

It puts some files from the electrum servers in certs.

electrum.dat seems to be gone. Instead there is a file config. Electrum itself has its settings set back to default.

When i restart 1.9.5 all settings i made in settings or plugins are gone again. So no safing of settings happens.

The dir structure is then:
electrum_data
  certs
    (files from electrum servers)
  locale
    (dirs with locales)
  wallets
    default_wallet (file)
  blockchain_headers (file)
  config (file)
electrum-1.9.5-portable.exe (file)

Im not sure but i think the saving of configurations might be the only problem now.

splat44

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:44:34 PM

Those member having connectivity problems:

Since yesterday I was problem when no connection or by receiving message "Synchronizing..." while trying auto connecting.

By restarting client always help!
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 05:50:14 PM

Since yesterday I was problem when no connection or by receiving message "Synchronizing..." while trying auto connecting.

Of course that helps, but it's not how it should work.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 05:55:40 PM

Of course that helps, but it's not how it should work.

ThomasV is pushing some fixes to the server code to avoid this problems.

Don't worry, after some more fixes, you and all Electrum users will have to struggle your heads to find a reason to come here and say hi Cheesy

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: