Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:56:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Batch 1 - Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD)  (Read 16368 times)
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:20:02 PM

I`m not buying anything from those fuckers. Horrible shipping dates, short warranty, half the world away, third world country produces them (yes, China is still a third world country to me, all things considered)... No thanks. When those heaters become available at my computer store with a regular warranty, why not. Until then.. mmmhhmmm

edit: just checked the profitability and this box is making about 85$ profit per month, with electricity at 0.13$/kwh and current price. Way too shabby.
I agree I was looking at buying a s9 but after thinking about how bitmain runs their business using people's miners for months before shipping just long enough for them to profit mining with it than shipping I think it's about time that the crypto community stands up and say enough they've killed mining the coins they release asic for for the average person not to mention bitmain probably could shut down your miner or switch pools if they wanted to they probably also no every location of every one of those miners they sell

it's not bitmain who killed pow, it's just that no other nation has the necessary condition to compete with bitmain, remember there were a lot of western asic producers, most were so disgusting compared to bitmain... so they all died, or deliver in such small quantities that they are irrelevant to the global hash... do you know why your electricity rate is so high? ahahah... they need luxury and they want you to pay for it, as they have for centuries and generations... but when they set their eyes on looting and raping china a few hundred years ago, I am certain, that they believed they could win easily... how wrong they have been proven... and you see no friends of david rockfeller has been executed before a wall... look at what clinton did as secretary of state... in china she would have been executed asap and a lot of her team... in usa? they get pensions... what else to say?

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xs.over

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:24:10 PM

These fckng fa*ts will kill the remain part of GPU mining profitability
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:24:35 PM

everyone talking about a fork to "kill" these.

i bet it's not a true asic. its just a GPU rig. which means a fork wont stop it. they'll just update their firmware/OS or whatever and keep em rolling. just like GPU miners would need to update their mining software for a fork
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 05:28:11 PM

i bet it's not a true asic. its just a GPU rig. which means a fork wont stop it. they'll just update their firmware/OS or whatever and keep em rolling. just like GPU miners would need to update their mining software for a fork

of course it is.

Show me a GPU type rig that will do what this does for 800$ and i'll buy it right now.  lol  BTW I AM NOT BUYING THIS FOOKIN DOOR STOP!

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:31:22 PM

I'm curious if the bitmain coupons work on these units.

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:35:12 PM

it doesnt matter if its an asic, or some kind of gpu-rig or something else...eth pos will kill both gpu-mining & eth asics

JPP1972

Activity: 362
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:37:45 PM

Coupons don't accepted for this batch.
.F.

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:41:45 PM

I`m not buying anything from those fuckers. Horrible shipping dates, short warranty, half the world away, third world country produces them (yes, China is still a third world country to me, all things considered)... No thanks. When those heaters become available at my computer store with a regular warranty, why not. Until then.. mmmhhmmm

edit: just checked the profitability and this box is making about 85$ profit per month, with electricity at 0.13$/kwh and current price. Way too shabby.
I agree I was looking at buying a s9 but after thinking about how bitmain runs their business using people's miners for months before shipping just long enough for them to profit mining with it than shipping I think it's about time that the crypto community stands up and say enough they've killed mining the coins they release asic for for the average person not to mention bitmain probably could shut down your miner or switch pools if they wanted to they probably also no every location of every one of those miners they sell

it's not bitmain who killed pow, it's just that no other nation has the necessary condition to compete with bitmain, remember there were a lot of western asic producers, most were so disgusting compared to bitmain... so they all died, or deliver in such small quantities that they are irrelevant to the global hash... do you know why your electricity rate is so high? ahahah... they need luxury and they want you to pay for it, as they have for centuries and generations... but when they set their eyes on looting and raping china a few hundred years ago, I am certain, that they believed they could win easily... how wrong they have been proven... and you see no friends of david rockfeller has been executed before a wall... look at what clinton did as secretary of state... in china she would have been executed asap and a lot of her team... in usa? they get pensions... what else to say?

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

*when that weed hits you a little too strong*
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:42:35 PM

of course it is.

Show me a GPU type rig that will do what this does for 800$ and i'll buy it right now.  lol  BTW I AM NOT BUYING THIS FOOKIN DOOR STOP!

its not an asic. its exactly the same hash/power efficiency as a GPU rig. the only thing is that it's cheaper. that just means they are able to buy parts at a very low cost. and being in China and having the kind of influence they do, it's not far fetched at all. a true ASIC would be something like the rumored F3, 1500MH @800W. ASICs increase power efficiency, these do not.

I'm not saying they are using off the shelf GPUs from another manufacturer, im saying they have likely integrated GPUs into a custom smaller package. but it's still a GPU based setup at the end of the day. just like the mining specific GPUs, existing tech constrained to something else.

mark my words, these wont be stopped by a fork and they will likely be able to crunch any GPU algorithm
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:45:15 PM

I wonder wat samsung is thinking now. Didnt they want to go in this sector hahahaha

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:46:35 PM

Keep an eye on ethereum difficulty in the coming days.. If it sky rockets then we know what's going on behind the scene. But if the difficulty drops in the coming days then the worst has already happened.. They probably have mined shitloads of eth with these and one of the reason eth is crashing more as compared to the market could be bitmain dumping the eth mined with these asics.. Some one needs to stop this monopoly...
RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:52:02 PM

If they are selling their E3s then they have stable and more profitable F3's.

E3's sound way worse than my mining rigs and are more adaptable and less niche to sell afterwards so I stick with my GPUs and suggest you all do the same and not waste any money giving to these vampires.

Merit me or don't.
Yesterdam

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:58:00 PM

The price is much lower than I imagined. The big question is, how long would they be using these machines to mine? Is it possible to identify? Cause doubt they were not already using such machines, and are only now passing on to other users.

Also why is it not available in China. It is only sold to the outside China.
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:07:14 PM

Gotta say i expected higher hash then this 180mhs....800$+customs and psu for a 6 month warranty and 3 month waiting period doesnt looks good imo.Gpu prices keeps going down and soon we will be able to make a rig for similar price that will have longer warranty and ability to mine more then 1 algo(6x rx470 for 200$ each second hand)
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:09:10 PM

The price is much lower than I imagined. The big question is, how long would they be using these machines to mine? Is it possible to identify? Cause doubt they were not already using such machines, and are only now passing on to other users.

China has too much power mining crypto. It is polluting their air because most of it are powered using coal. Coal is a dirty fuel.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:22:56 PM

No

Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:23:14 PM

These miners really are a zero sum game , I think that may be on purpose to prevent a hardfork and giving an edge to gpu miners is basically their bargaining chip.

Perhaps the F3 miners will be released to the public when the next gen gpus come out and they may even be a bit detuned to again give an edge to gpu miners and prevent a fork.

But the problem still remains these things are getting cranked out and mining like crazy so our difficulty continues to increase of which a fork could shut these things off before they quietly over take the network.
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:29:54 PM

China has too much power mining crypto. It is polluting their air because most of it are powered using coal. Coal is a dirty fuel.

its just Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan probably customs related issues. that's not mainland China. you can likely still get these in china.
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 06:36:05 PM
Merited by mindrust (3)

While the efficiency is not to good, the price somewhat makes it a potentially attractive investment. At the current cost of GPUs today you couldn't compare buying a 1070 at $600 that does around 31 MH to this ASIC that costs $800 but does 6 times more hashrate at 180 MH.

It makes the rich who moved mining operations to low-cost electricity areas even richer. The only downside is the 3 month delivery time. That is a long time in crypto and a lot could already happen by then. Makes it too much of a gamble for me.

First of all it is sold out (in few minutes I guess), conclusion: a few number of a cheap multi gpu rig have been pre-sold for 3 months later (fully paid already)

A 18x gpu rig can do the job with even less power consumption and its actual price is not far more than 3 of this Bitmain shit, the multi gpu mb can reduce the overhead of the parts and a smart miner can assemble such a rig with current prices around $5000.

The Bitmain's new shit will cost around $1150  each (shipping + psu) so it is $3500 for 3 pieces.

So, the whole deal is about 30% discount in return for 3 months payment in advance, nothing more, the poor buyer will loose algorithm switching and any other reusability option at the same time.

Bitmain is playing one of its dirtiest games ever: it is dumping the gpu market by a moderately underpriced rig in the name of ASICs (or at least not officially denying it to be ASIC) and this way escalating hype about its unlimited power to crack every gpu based algo (most importantly ethash)

It is just a way to bring down the gpu market and causing a decrease in gpu order and manufacturing pace, to release more capacities  for its own wafer hungry orders to manufacturers and suppliers (in Hong Kong and Taiwan) besides making an opportunity to buy used gpus (to be installed in its fake ASIC ethash miner), which will be dumped to the market because of the hype. It is Bitmain's way to enter the pre-built ethereum mining rigs market. Jihan is the cheapest human being ever, he always does what he is used to: messing up everything blindly and irresponsibly.

If Satoshi was not so naive to choose an algorithm with a small memory footprint like ShA256 or s/he was not that paranoid or irresponsible to leave the community alone in the hands of a bunch of show-off developers who couldn't just be a bit humble and tolerant to converge, this AsIC shit wouldn't happen at all or would be responded by a simple algorithm shift from the first beginning.

Instead look at us now, we have to deal with a monster who 'proudly announces' that he has managed to crack another algorithm, and even worse, he fakes it!

Damn it Satoshi, what did you think?  Grin

But don't worry, we will fix this  Wink , takes time but, this piece of shit is nothing more than a little greedy Chinese whose identity and behavioral pattern is disclosed and disposed to the community.

ruinous

Activity: 94
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:42:01 PM

Lets compare the Pros and Cons of the new miner:

Pro - 'Might' decrease GPU and other component prices to msrp
Pro - Cheaper Hashrate to Dollar hardware cost
Pro - Better space efficiency

Con - Not any more efficient than current GPUs
Con - Probably not profitable for most when released
Con - Most likely outdated when received due to Bitmain using F3s
Con - Very little resale value
Con - Coins could get forked to be anti ASIC and it becomes almost useless
Con - Gives Bitmain even more power

Overall, probably not recommended.

Con- Louder if your a home miner
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: