Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Batch 1 - Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD)  (Read 16368 times)
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:17:35 AM

What is up with everyone in this thread acting like ETH is the only mineable coin?  There are a shitload of other algos out there.  Unless you are using old AMD cards, mining ETH hasn't been the most profitable coin to mine in almost a year.  Blows my mind how people act like the sky is falling and its the end of mining because Bitmain is releasing an "ASIC" that is underpowered and overpriced and not even available for 3 months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:48:15 AM

What is up with everyone in this thread acting like ETH is the only mineable coin?  There are a shitload of other algos out there.  Unless you are using old AMD cards, mining ETH hasn't been the most profitable coin to mine in almost a year.  Blows my mind how people act like the sky is falling and its the end of mining because Bitmain is releasing an "ASIC" that is underpowered and overpriced and not even available for 3 months.

What is up with you and your head in the clouds not realizing that ETH is the main source of income of GPUs both directly and indirectly. Yes, its not the most profitable coin to mine but its what FARMS mine for a steady source of income. If ETH tanks all those mining farms will eat up your little GPU rigs and nothing will be profitable. You are a little fish who is lost in a big sea of miners.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:53:00 AM
Merited by VoskCoin (1)

What is up with you and your head in the clouds not realizing that ETH is the main source of income of GPUs both directly and indirectly. Yes, its not the most profitable coin to mine but its what FARMS mine for a steady source of income. If ETH tanks all those mining farms will eat up your little GPU rigs and nothing will be profitable. You are a little fish who is lost in a big sea of miners.

for real 😳 who are these newbies that have no idea how bad the gpu mining buisness was before ether ,ether saved gpu mining
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:54:42 AM

What is up with everyone in this thread acting like ETH is the only mineable coin?  There are a shitload of other algos out there.  Unless you are using old AMD cards, mining ETH hasn't been the most profitable coin to mine in almost a year.  Blows my mind how people act like the sky is falling and its the end of mining because Bitmain is releasing an "ASIC" that is underpowered and overpriced and not even available for 3 months.

for real 😳 who are these newbies that have no idea how bad the gpu mining buisness was before ether ,ether saved gpu mining
it absolutely blows my mind HOW MANY PEOPLE do not understand the severity of this situation from the POV of a GPU Miner let alone bitmain ruling crypto / centralization and so forth

Also I heard you never receive merits, so here's a merit my friend lol Cheesy

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:55:41 AM

There are other coins that are at any given time as profitable or more profitable than ETH. I stopped mining ETH a long time ago. The writing has been on the wall that ETH mining is over for a long time between threats of Asics and Proof of Stake forks being threatened for a long time.  Shocked

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:59:45 AM

There are other coins that are at any given time as profitable or more profitable than ETH. I stopped mining ETH a long time ago. The writing has been on the wall that ETH mining is over for a long time between threats of Asics and Proof of Stake forks being threatened for a long time.  Shocked

What he is telling you is that the Farms will turn to mine your now profitable coins, hashrate will explode and profit will be peanuts.

So its not that there are other profitable coins out there, of course there are, its that if ETH rigs move to other coins then those coins profit will fall drastically.
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:07:37 AM

What he is telling you is that the Farms will turn to mine your now profitable coins, hashrate will explode and profit will be peanuts.

So its not that there are other profitable coins out there, of course there are, its that if ETH rigs move to other coins then those coins profit will fall drastically.

Maybe so, but that is mining. Plus there are lots of other coins and I don't see the hashrate all moving to one coin. There are enough to spread the hashrate among the other coins. Plus a lot of miners will just sell their rigs and get out of mining, reducing the overall hashrate on all coins.

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
qwertyking

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:34:37 AM

it is said that ETH is going to fork in July to resist ASIC
invisiblefriend321

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:42:50 AM

I'm curious if the bitmain coupons work on these units.

no the coupons don't work

wat was i thinking even trying to purchase !!!!!!!  idk
muhecrypto

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:06:37 AM

Check your sources because they are wrong.

EIP 958 was requested to be added to the next Ethereum Core Devs meeting on April 6th. Nothing has happened yet.

Links:

Ethereum Core Devs Meeting 36 Agenda
https://github.com/ethereum/pm/issues/36

EIP #958: Modify block mining to be ASIC resistant.
https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/958

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:59:21 AM

What is up with everyone in this thread acting like ETH is the only mineable coin?  There are a shitload of other algos out there.  Unless you are using old AMD cards, mining ETH hasn't been the most profitable coin to mine in almost a year.  Blows my mind how people act like the sky is falling and its the end of mining because Bitmain is releasing an "ASIC" that is underpowered and overpriced and not even available for 3 months.

it absolutely blows my mind HOW MANY PEOPLE do not understand the severity of this situation from the POV of a GPU Miner let alone bitmain ruling crypto / centralization and so forth

Also I heard you never receive merits, so here's a merit my friend lol Cheesy
thank u friend lol 😂
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 05:25:06 AM

Ethereum's current network hashrate is 250 TH/s it is like 10 million gpus being busy mining eth 24*7 also other ethash based coins exist at the same that employ like 2 million gpus in turn, so it is about 12 million gpus looking for some job to accomplish! If it was the case and an ASIC was around, it would be a catastrophic disaster for the whole gpu mining industry, no matter which part.
qwertyking

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:54:08 AM

EIP 958 was requested to be added to the next Ethereum Core Devs meeting on April 6th. Nothing has happened yet.

Links:

thx for pointing it out, I checked the rumor source and found it was kinda fake news
CTA513

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:00:06 AM

Bitmain has now raised the limit to 5 per user:

Dear subscriber,

We have received a very promising response to the Antminer E3 batch. Thank you for that.

Many of our buyers have been unhappy about the limit of one miner per user that we had set to prevent hoarding and to allow more individuals to purchase this limited stock of the Antminer E3.
To allow all individuals to buy more units and, at the same time, prevent hoarding, we have now increased the limit to five miners per user.
alikait

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:14:34 AM

Bitmain has now raised the limit to 5 per user:

Dear subscriber,

We have received a very promising response to the Antminer E3 batch. Thank you for that.

Many of our buyers have been unhappy about the limit of one miner per user that we had set to prevent hoarding and to allow more individuals to purchase this limited stock of the Antminer E3.
To allow all individuals to buy more units and, at the same time, prevent hoarding, we have now increased the limit to five miners per user.

Haha nobody is buying their crappy miners.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:24:35 AM

So long-term I think this is actually great news, as it isn't quite the GPU killer everyone had feared. It beats out GPU rigs on price alone, but as I stated only because GPU prices are so over inflated right now. Once the E3 hits the market GPU prices will come back down to normal and probably become bargains. At that point I expect you can put together a 6x RX580 rig for closer to $1,100 by then, so it will be a even match considering the GPU rig will have other uses and resale value so worth the extra $300.

With shipping and psu it's closer to $1100 anyway. And to put together a 6x580 gpu rig for $1100 would require the gpus to cost around $150 each unless you already have all the other parts (which should still be factored into overall cost, really, but comparatively makes a little more sense). I don't think I've seen 580s drop that low in...well, memory, really, but it could happen, especially if ASICs drop demand significantly. But there are already next gen gpus available, and as AMD and Nvidia keep producing new generations, they'll make the ASICs obsolete. I don't think gpu mining is dead, but I do think it's going to become a game of upgrading your gpus a lot more often...
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:26:47 AM

ETH difficulty will go up.
This forces alot of gpu miners to mine other algo.
Other algo diffficulty will go through the roof.
Alot of gpu will just not be profitable and will be sold in the market as used gpu.

Prices of new and used GPU will drop.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:32:20 AM

haha still available to order..they will flood the market as always or the people dont buy...shitmain.
sherahhutabarat

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:52:20 AM

R.I.P RIGS MINING  Shocked
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:20:08 AM

Links:

thx for pointing it out, I checked the rumor source and found it was kinda fake news

What the hell what fake news? That is a link to the OFFICIAL ehtereum github page. Those links show you the agenda of the ethereum core developers meeting and the improvement plan to implement a fork that disables ASIC mining? Go post boosting in bitcoin discussion or somewhere else.

Everyone should upvote the EIP958 if we ever want to see this E3 ASIC disabled.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: