Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:18:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Batch 1 - Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD)  (Read 16368 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:06:02 AM

bitmain just selling this shit to draw some attention from the f3 videos and/or their real eth mining operation...

before eth pos you can buy them with a funny dislaimer like the doorstoper x3

3. One major cryptocurrency which is using CryptoNight hash function is about to change their PoW algothrim, and according to their public statement, it is purposely to brick ASIC mining rigs including X3. When you buying it, you are betting that they are wrong.

if xmr wouldnt have announced the fork we all still wont know the doorstoper x3 exists...why the fuck somebody would sell something profitable & power efficient for pennys if you can earn much more with mining(ok they already did)?
 the same applies for the real bitmain eth asics

there will be soon something like monero cash from bitmain, where retarded buyers can point their machines...thats the only reason bitcoin cash exists so they can sell more of their sha256 miners. thats the only fucking reason

The announcement of Bitmain's cryptonite miner seems to have been driven by Baikal shipping THEIR cryptonite miner.
The XMR fork wasn't announced or planned 'till the Bitmain miner was announced - your timeframe is WAY off there.

Also, it's not just Monero that is forking - ETN has also announced they will be forking (probably piggybacking on the Monero fork code and algorithm) soon, and I think I've seen commentary from some of the "small fry" cryptonite coin devs that they might be forking as well.

Hint - Bitmain doesn't sell their miners for pennies, they sell them then turn the money around to make MORE miners to sell - and make quite a bit MORE that way than via mining which takes MONTHS or YEARS to pay a machine off.

There have been times when Bitmain ended up selling a miner for more than it ever made back, though USUALLY if a miner is profitable long enough it will EVENTUALLY make more than you paid for it (IF you have very cheap electric) - but in that timeframe Bitmain has turned that investment around at least twice and more likely 3-4 TIMES via new batches of that miner model and made a LOT more than they would have made from mining on the first batch for the same amount of cash invested -and ZERO risk of losing money as well.

I don't like Bitmain, and they've made mistakes at times, but I don't call their business model STUPID for a reason.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThugB33

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:03:15 AM

The world is starting to hate the communist party occupying china...
F*ck Kommunist !  Angry  (Cold war flashbacks)

Let me have a good LOL over here.... DID communist let go of manufacturing process to China? IT'S OUR FUCKING GREED WHY THOSE PRODUCING FACTORIES ARE THERE! Morron!

More profit hunger and caviar on the table!
kodokbuduk

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:15:40 AM

Price now is $1800  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:16:12 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2018, 10:34:26 AM by treanski

bitmain just selling this shit to draw some attention from the f3 videos and/or their real eth mining operation...

3. One major cryptocurrency which is using CryptoNight hash function is about to change their PoW algothrim, and according to their public statement, it is purposely to brick ASIC mining rigs including X3. When you buying it, you are betting that they are wrong.

if xmr wouldnt have announced the fork we all still wont know the doorstoper x3 exists...why the fuck somebody would sell something profitable & power efficient for pennys if you can earn much more with mining(ok they already did)?

there will be soon something like monero cash from bitmain, where retarded buyers can point their machines...thats the only reason bitcoin cash exists so they can sell more of their sha256 miners. thats the only fucking reason

The announcement of Bitmain's cryptonite miner seems to have been driven by Baikal shipping THEIR cryptonite miner.
The XMR fork wasn't announced or planned 'till the Bitmain miner was announced - your timeframe is WAY off there.

Also, it's not just Monero that is forking - ETN has also announced they will be forking (probably piggybacking on the Monero fork code and algorithm) soon, and I think I've seen commentary from some of the "small fry" cryptonite coin devs that they might be forking as well.

Hint - Bitmain doesn't sell their miners for pennies, they sell them then turn the money around to make MORE miners to sell - and make quite a bit MORE that way than via mining which takes MONTHS or YEARS to pay a machine off.

There have been times when Bitmain ended up selling a miner for more than it ever made back, though USUALLY if a miner is profitable long enough it will EVENTUALLY make more than you paid for it (IF you have very cheap electric) - but in that timeframe Bitmain has turned that investment around at least twice and more likely 3-4 TIMES via new batches of that miner model and made a LOT more than they would have made from mining on the first batch for the same amount of cash invested -and ZERO risk of losing money as well.

I don't like Bitmain, and they've made mistakes at times, but I don't call their business model STUPID for a reason.

it doesnt matter who sold his cn asics first...fact is without the fork the rats would have never come out of their holes

winetou

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:16:34 AM

They just changed price from $800 to $1800  Grin I guess it's another shitmain smart move - they let everyone think that there is so huge demand on those machines, that they decided to increase the price. But next week there will be the very last chance to order in old price  Grin
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:18:34 AM

They just changed price from $800 to $1800  Grin I guess it's another shitmain smart move - they let everyone think that there is so huge demand on those machines, that they decided to increase the price. But next week there will be the very last chance to order in old price  Grin

So true and the funny thing is that trolls will pay $1800 but did not want to pay $800 hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
kodokbuduk

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:20:57 AM

Last chance to pay u mean with old price?  Grin
winetou

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:33:26 AM

So true and the funny thing is that trolls will pay $1800 but did not want to pay $800 hehe

Yes, but good news for them is that this time they can use their coupons  Grin
nazzer

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:37:23 AM

Monero / XMR has always been on a ~6 month hard fork roadmap. Monero forking in March/April 2018 was announced back in October, the PoW change was well known at least since February. ASIC resistance is also a stated goal of the Monero project.

For Ethereum, ETC (and other Ethash PoW based blockchains) - the E3 will be a real test, will they hardfork to avoid ASICs?

For $800 you're probably better off buying 2 ETH instead.

At $1800 ... you'd be mad ...

Vega 56 | Vega 64 | RX580 | GTX1070 | 1050Ti | S9 | L3+
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:08:32 PM

Bitmain is not stupid, just scummy. I just wish people would not buy their worthless miners.

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
BenRickert

Merit: 110

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:40:25 PM

1. Invest that money buying crypto's and hopefully gain value for 4 months and see what this amount becomes.

this...
No sense in buying an asset that is trending lower and has a ways to go before bottom. One of the dumbest thing one can do with their money. Tie it up in a falling asset. These coins have a long way to go down before they are attractive again. There are "NO USE" cases for them.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:22:30 PM

No sense in buying an asset that is trending lower and has a ways to go before bottom. One of the dumbest thing one can do with their money. Tie it up in a falling asset. These coins have a long way to go down before they are attractive again. There are "NO USE" cases for them.

Warren Buffett once said that as an investor it is wise to be “Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.”

hikenshi

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:26:05 PM

This is the reason 1800$:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/8aa64j/eth_core_devs_have_decided_not_to_emergency_hard/
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:53:53 PM

So true, bitmain once again hitting trolls with a huge club eheh

Before that, pay $800 and you might be able to mine with them and after that, pay $1800 and you will mine with them ehhe

BenRickert

Merit: 110

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:18:00 PM

Warren Buffett once said that as an investor it is wise to be “Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.”
Totally agree. read the forums.....they are not "fearful" yet. It's coming though.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:22:20 PM

There is pretty much ZERO probability of the E3 achieving payback of $1800 before ETH goes full Proof of Stake if the current timeline holds - it might have a faint prayer if ETH price DOUBLES fairly soon, but only due to it taking time for folks to "ramp up the hashrate" to match the price jump.
It was marginal iffy at the original batch price of $800 with VERY LOW electric cost.

There is also the outstanding question of "is it going to be reliable".

IMO anyone that pays $1800 for an E3 is going to LOSE money on the deal unless they have free electric AND they get a unit that runs for 2+ years without issues - and that is assuming that the other ethash coins don't fork and that coin prices stop SLIDING downward and even THEN it's still iffy if they'll ever earn their money back.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
peterboy1

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:51:33 PM

you discussed too much about e3 being less expensive. now they increased for more fools to buy.  Grin
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:00:54 PM

eth will soon double, triple and quadruple its price, reason they increased the price. However, nvidia soon to release new gpus with 30% more hashrate and that is the real competition.

e3 is dead anyway, f3 is the real hidden gem.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 08:02:02 PM

There is pretty much ZERO probability of the E3 achieving payback of $1800 before ETH goes full Proof of Stake if the current timeline holds - it might have a faint prayer if ETH price DOUBLES fairly soon, but only due to it taking time for folks to "ramp up the hashrate" to match the price jump.
It was marginal iffy at the original batch price of $800 with VERY LOW electric cost.

There is also the outstanding question of "is it going to be reliable".

IMO anyone that pays $1800 for an E3 is going to LOSE money on the deal unless they have free electric AND they get a unit that runs for 2+ years without issues - and that is assuming that the other ethash coins don't fork and that coin prices stop SLIDING downward and even THEN it's still iffy if they'll ever earn their money back.

This is good news for those who got it at $800 though. Instant bump in resale value. Possibly good news for GPU miners, but I'm not quite sure about that part yet. I'm still thinking to ditch all AMD cards and get 1070s, if for no other reason than to increase efficiency/density and to reduce dependence on ETH.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:29:01 PM

Bitmain's E3 Ethash Miner ASIC at 800 USD is a good buy.I think it was rated to run at 180mhs minimum performance.It sold out quickly.this will certainly affect the price/demand for GPU cards if they produce more of these.

It is now $1,800 now on Bitmain....the creator of Ethereum said he is not in favor of a FORK for ASIC's ..thus Bitmain (being evil and all) saw this as a way

to 'gouge' more $$$ out of folk....IF you got it today, it is about what $4 a day? (something like that a few days ago)

A MAYBE buy as a 'toy' at $800 buck ..ie gamble ..now not so much...also I don't think they allow coupons on these units (or did not on batch 1)

Bitmain: "evil is as evil does...adds to the clarity of purpose..don't ya know) (tm: Bitmain)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: