Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:59:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Batch 1 - Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD)  (Read 16368 times)
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:49:38 AM

Does anyone know anything about the hardware in these miners? Do they have ram for the DAG file? How are they sharing the DAG information across all the asics?  If anyone knows I would appreciate the info.  Huh

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
steve666

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:33:02 AM

I bet that this thing will be just build-in modified GPU and RAM boards running on some custom micro motherboard with premade OS that make it looks like ASIC but acts like any other PC with GPU's mounted.

However anyone could done this, but who needs to project a circle from scratch, when you have a bunch of ready to use and P&P stuff, it shows how far desperated they are in earning money and how much they already gathered so they can make such a device without rising and funding all that industrial network which is needed to build up a working PC - they just buy from them RAM, GPU, CPU and thats it, only need to make your own board which is easy as fucking with all that datasheets they have.

They're chinese, they can do anything for money...
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:48:47 PM

Who doesn't?
sjyi

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:07:57 PM

However anyone could done this, but who needs to project a circle from scratch, when you have a bunch of ready to use and P&P stuff, it shows how far desperated they are in earning money and how much they already gathered so they can make such a device without rising and funding all that industrial network which is needed to build up a working PC - they just buy from them RAM, GPU, CPU and thats it, only need to make your own board which is easy as fucking with all that datasheets they have.

They're chinese, they can do anything for money...[/b]

If it's that easy to build an equivalent competing device, why not release it and beat them at their own game?  Even their competitor Panda, can't seem to build a better device.

It is so ironic how many people complain about others what others will do for money, but they themselves resell what Chinese manufacture for them to get money for themselves.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:14:39 PM

Who doesn't?

Whoever has values.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:30:53 PM

Does anyone know anything about the hardware in these miners? Do they have ram for the DAG file? How are they sharing the DAG information across all the asics?  If anyone knows I would appreciate the info.  Huh

We are actually all curious about this.

However they have posted no photos of what the inside hash board look like so we have no idea if they just took some RX 470 GPUs and stuffed them in a tiny box or if it has regular DDR3 ram with an FGPA to do the processing.

I am guessing these products aren't even built yet and they are manufacturing them right now.

Since they don't ship until July

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
teskostecenje

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:29:55 PM

However they have posted no photos of what the inside hash board look like so we have no idea if they just took some RX 470 GPUs and stuffed them in a tiny box or if it has regular DDR3 ram with an FGPA to do the processing.

I am guessing these products aren't even built yet and they are manufacturing them right now.

You really dont think that they have some amount of those asics already mining for them and just stockpyling them untill they can ship complete batch?There were rumors about those asics for months already and bitmain have 2 more months before shiping....
ZachE84

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:01:12 AM

I believe the flexible ability to mine different algos/coins is what people are missing when thinking of buying this ETH ASIC. Don't forget that you can mine new coins on their first day of launch and earn more profits than you ever would once they become mainstream. Being stuck mining ETH or ETC for all eternity is not such a good thing really.

better to buy those coins than having a gpu or asic miner for that matter, mining is overrated as long as price of coins are cheap which is at moment.

spending any amount on miners at moment is pointless cause you can get x times the money invested if you simply buy the coin.

This couldn't be further from the truth. Buying the GPU to mine can net you 10,000x the rewards vs. buying coins.
steve666

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:46:00 AM

If it's that easy to build an equivalent competing device, why not release it and beat them at their own game?  Even their competitor Panda, can't seem to build a better device.

It is so ironic how many people complain about others what others will do for money, but they themselves resell what Chinese manufacture for them to get money for themselves.

It is called monopoly, but you have missed the point of my post Smiley
heavyarms1912

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:10:03 AM

Who doesn't?

Whoever has values.

Unfortunately, values ain't tied to business/corps.

That power consumption number seems to be quite high for FPGAs
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:57:29 AM

I wont say it is a monopoly considering there are other machines made by others that can mine it.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:01:08 AM

If it's that easy to build an equivalent competing device, why not release it and beat them at their own game?  Even their competitor Panda, can't seem to build a better device.

I wont say it is a monopoly considering there are other machines made by others that can mine it.

I would say it's a monopoly considering that the other machines than can mine it are not ASICs.

While many people claim that its almost the same as well tuned GPU rig, the truth is that it is cheaper, easier to configure, and is probably more efficient when it is shipped (bitmain was clear that 180 MH at 800w are just benchmarks and it would be better come July).
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:11:20 AM

I believe the flexible ability to mine different algos/coins is what people are missing when thinking of buying this ETH ASIC. Don't forget that you can mine new coins on their first day of launch and earn more profits than you ever would once they become mainstream. Being stuck mining ETH or ETC for all eternity is not such a good thing really.

better to buy those coins than having a gpu or asic miner for that matter, mining is overrated as long as price of coins are cheap which is at moment.

spending any amount on miners at moment is pointless cause you can get x times the money invested if you simply buy the coin.

This couldn't be further from the truth. Buying the GPU to mine can net you 10,000x the rewards vs. buying coins.

10,000x the rewards, really?  How about I buy 1 Eth and you buy 1 gtx 1080ti.  In a year from now we will see if the coins you mined with that card equal 10,000 times the value of my investment.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:29:53 AM

The reality is that the people and companies who have the ability to beat Bitmain are already doing something else more important or more lucrative.  Hell, server motherboards cost more money than an antminer.  I think the people who bitch about Bitmain really are clueless about what commercial grade hardware costs.
kodokbuduk

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:09:44 AM

10,000x the rewards, really?  How about I buy 1 Eth and you buy 1 gtx 1080ti.  In a year from now we will see if the coins you mined with that card equal 10,000 times the value of my investment.

Well most of people think buying an apple from fruit shop directly, others wanna have apple by farming it... Grin
kodokbuduk

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:16:41 PM

Price increased! 2128 now   Cool Cool
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:51:07 PM

Quite a difference from the $800 start price

HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 01:06:35 PM

I think they are following the ETH price with each of these miner price changes.

heavyarms1912

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:27:59 PM

Quite a difference from the $800 start price

So basically they just want to loot whomsoever they can.
why would people buy this even for 1k and fund R&D for next gen ASICs that will make your $1k ASIC obsolete. 
Sure, if you got in early you might be able to make quite a bit of profit but think longterm.
Sher

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:50:13 PM

I'm surprised who would still be buying it. considering you never know when eth team would pull the plug on it after they receive a unit. I just feel its kind of risky to buy them with shady business practice of bitmain going from 800-2200 you never know when the price drop might come
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: