Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:27:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the bitcoin be outdated by another currency?  (Read 5691 times)
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:57:33 AM

no, for me bitcoin will not expire by other currencies because bitcoin will survive as it is today with its cryptocurrency.
If bitcoin continues to update and developers continue to make repairs and maintenance maybe bitcoin will continue to follow the times, but if bitcoin does not develop and only runs in place of course there will Coin someday be competitors who have better technology that will replace bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:37:23 AM

My answer to the principle is: NO

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

BUY BITCOIN TODAY AND ALWAYS.

I agree with you mate. There is no coin we could compare to bitcoin. There is always a bitcoin that the other will always look up since its foundation is already deep enough that we could think that it is already the main coin of cryptocurrency.

coldplay3r30

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:06:24 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2018, 04:06:59 PM by coldplay3r30

I don't find any similarities between BTC and social networks and I don't think this is the case. But the important thing now is that people should not consider Bitcoin as a property. We can see this attitude through governments implementing taxes on storing cryptocurrencies and through people buying and selling BTC like crazy. All of this lead big leaps in prices and high volatility. If people want Bitcoin to be a currency they should stop treating it like something else.

I think to make bitcoin a legitimate medium of exchange is still difficult, because there are still many countries that prohibit the use of bitcoin for direct payments, and the government still considers bitcoin as an asset

so only countries that legalize the use of bitcoin can buy using bitcoin, and countries that support is still dominated by developed countries, because their financial system is very supportive, but for developing countries it may still be difficult to follow the steps of developed countries, it may still take a long time.
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:08:56 AM

Bitcoin cannot be outdated by another currency just like that. That currency will have to do a lot in order to push bitcoin away from no. 1. This may not be possible at all.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
KrishaBitcoin

Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:23:18 AM

Everything is possible so maybe but the question is when will that going to happen. For now, the people will choose Bitcoin over Altcoins for an investment because most of the people are confident that Bitcoin is the most promising and has the highest potential to make your money to grow therefore it is impossible for any Altcoin to supersede Bitcoin at this moment.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
valentine401

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:43:04 AM

no, for me bitcoin will not expire by other currencies because bitcoin will survive as it is today with its cryptocurrency.

It was not possible for bitcoins to be replaced by another cryptocurrency because it was the first coin that has been created and the price is very high so people will prefer bitcoins rather than altcoins.
Zurbuchen

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:31:27 PM

I dont think so. Since bitcoin is the most simple type of currency we have. Also bitcoin is a legitimqte kind of exchange we do have that some of the governments approved already. i dont think that any currency can outdate bitcoin just like that and i do believe that bitcoin will last a very long time.
Wittycoin

Activity: 696

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:22:07 PM

I don`t think bitcoin can be outdated by another currency because almost everyone who enters cryptocurrency have known bitcoin first and bought bitcoin first than altcoins, and I think that it will always be the case because bitcoin is always the front-man of cryptocurrency. So the high demand of people for bitcoin who are entering cryptocurrency will always be there.
sweetwine

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:26:56 PM

My answer to the principle is: NO

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

BUY BITCOIN TODAY AND ALWAYS.
I have the same answer like you. Although the BTC price now is unstable and get manipulation, but its still has the strongest community in the world. Bitcoin is considered as a fundamental original coin. Whatever its price move, the other cryptocurencies get fluctuation. So it's hard to be outdated by another currency now. Personally, i hope the crypto market would probably get balance in the next future.
HasiViraj

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:15:28 PM

No, Bitcoin can never be supplanted by some other digital money. As a matter of first importance, Bitcoin was the first of its kind. It will dependably stay unique advanced resource. This reality alone makes everything the more profitable. Second, Bitcoin can be effortlessly redesigned. Any new usefulness which is given by any Altcoin can be added to Bitcoin additionally, as long as it doesn't influence its decentralization. Third, there are satellites broadcasting the system to the world. This implies anybody can take an interest in Bitcoin without depending on web working.
derinmertmert

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:29:10 PM

Nothing is immortal. BTC can be outdated as other technologies. Remember nokia. the world's largest mobile phone manufacturer. now nokia products are garbage.
acreed

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:18:59 PM

We can predict it, but we can't guarantee it. Bitcoin can be outdated by another currency like Fiat currency, but if you talking only crypto currency, I think it's hard for alt coin to beat Bitcoin for now.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
luckyluigi

Activity: 239

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:44:58 PM

I'm not sure, maybe after many years and so, although this project invests a lot of finances and time, therefore, most likely it will not allow it to collapse. Does anyone come up with an unrealistic project, which invests in an unreal amount of money, then yes. But I do not even realize it should be a project.
Glok17

Activity: 319

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:51:52 PM

The only rival here is ETH but still I doubt that possibility, probably BTC will be top crypto for centuries, its price will only grow I think.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
ramores8

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:21:16 PM

if finally the market is more interested in ethereum, etc., it is certain that bitcoin will experience a decline in value and trust, this is very natural in the global market economy, but considering the volume of bitcoin is the most, I am sure they will be competitive at any time with continued development move actively.
Ayaah

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:53:25 PM

Bitcoin is going 9yrs old, so far no alts surpasses Bitcoin. For 9yrs it remains the king. While Bitcoin is going down, no alts remains strong. All alts are crashing too. This is the best indication that Bitcoin has no replacement.
The age of bitcoin is just a sign that it is deeply rooted in everyones heart.  It will not be disappeared if everyone is still supporting it. Though there are lots of potential altcoins but it is still not as strong as the king of crypto currency.
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:30:53 AM

The only rival here is ETH but still I doubt that possibility, probably BTC will be top crypto for centuries, its price will only grow I think.

Nothing really rivals bitcoin. Eth had a good run but it seems like things have calmed down significantly for ethereum.
And it still doesn't have the user base that bitcoin has, it might never have that.
ronics

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:34:00 AM

the Bitcoin in all the years is already running 9yrs old, on this year there is no alts that breaks the Bitcoin. For nine years it is still the king of crypto. As the Bitcoin knocked down in the past, there were no alts in the game. All alts also dropped. This is the best indication that Bitcoin does not have the replacement.
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:00:13 AM

Bitcoin is going 9yrs old, so far no alts surpasses Bitcoin. For 9yrs it remains the king. While Bitcoin is going down, no alts remains strong. All alts are crashing too. This is the best indication that Bitcoin has no replacement.
The age of bitcoin is just a sign that it is deeply rooted in everyones heart.  It will not be disappeared if everyone is still supporting it. Though there are lots of potential altcoins but it is still not as strong as the king of crypto currency.

Bitcoins will live forever because there are a lot of people who are supporting it and some of the investors are always taking advantage of the situation where they invest a huge amount when the market prices are dumping.

ace9989

Activity: 177
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:16:22 AM

Bitcoins will live forever because there are a lot of people who are supporting it and some of the investors are always taking advantage of the situation where they invest a huge amount when the market prices are dumping.

There are still a slight chance for the top Altcoins to surpass Bitcoins value and marketcap.

I see Ethereum and Eosio has the chance for surpassing not only bitcoins value but also the different features that ethereum and eos has.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: