Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:49:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the bitcoin be outdated by another currency?  (Read 5691 times)
Leocristophe

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:11:55 AM

Everyone makes subjective comments about Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market. But the fact remains that Bitcoin has remained stable over the years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kobecury

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:30:01 AM

are not. Bitcoin is first and last forever, it will never be obsolete, or be obscured by any coin.
GreenRydia

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:57:35 AM

I don`t think bitcoin can be outdated by another currency because almost everyone who enters cryptocurrency has known bitcoin first and bought bitcoin first than altcoins, and I think that it will always be the case because bitcoin is always the front-man of cryptocurrency. So the high demand of people for bitcoin who are entering cryptocurrency will always be there.
syauqialbaana

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:13:32 AM

Will not happen.bitcoin will continue to be the king of all existing cryptocurrency and I believe bitcoin is very good in the future. I also believe bitcoin will not expire in other currencies, now there are so many bitcoin fans in the world when there are some countries that have not received bitcoin Have you ever thought if the whole world received bitcoin, maybe BTC would become the world's popular currency .
lebronLALK

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:23:20 AM

Bitcoin can reduce its value, but all subsequent coins are affected by Bitcoins. Bitcoin will never be outdated when blockchain technology and the crypto market remain
Finnong

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:50:06 AM

At this pointnin time no one so far can outdate bitcoin. Bitcoin has always been on the top of cryptocurrencies and no cryptocurrency so far came close to bitcoin’s position. As years pass by we don’t know if a crypto will emerge better than bitcoin.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:30:02 AM

I think it's impossible because bitcoin is the king of the crypto currency.
Very difficult to outdate the Bitcoin and is almost impossible to outdate it as we know that Bitcoin has achieved this place after a long struggle and this system for the first time was very difficult to setup. It is base currency in the crypto world and I do not think so another crypto coin will outdate the Bitcoin or something new may appear in its comparison but this is looking strong.
ashkanm

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:56:13 AM

Bitcoin is already being outdated by other cryptocurrencies, even Ethereum was a generational improvement on Bitcoin. However, as we all know, the best isn't always the most successful, and bitcoin is clearly the most successful. However, modern cryptos such as ADA and EOS could possibly overthrow bitcoin if they manage to gain significant traction and partnerships, this is because they have much more potential outside of just being a payment system.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 09:21:55 AM

I think it's impossible because bitcoin is the king of the crypto currency.
Very difficult to outdate the Bitcoin and is almost impossible to outdate it as we know that Bitcoin has achieved this place after a long struggle and this system for the first time was very difficult to setup. It is base currency in the crypto world and I do not think so another crypto coin will outdate the Bitcoin or something new may appear in its comparison but this is looking strong.
Firstly, my thoughts are that Bitcoin is the first and knowing that, it’s the most accepted. When you say the Word Crypto Currency, you immediately think about Bitcoin and not the other cryptocurrencies (except if you are familiar with it). When the people who new little about it, has heard of BTC. That’s just how I think becomes, and you cannot exchange that to another crypto IMO.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:38:47 AM

Nope that's simply impossible. Bitcoin has already the needed exposure to be a dominant in the crypto world and there's NO chance that any other coin/token will replace it. When you go on the street and ask people about BTC, some of them will know what it means and some of them will not, BUT if you ask them about Ethereum or Monero for example, 96% of the people will have no idea.
tintinbongs

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:47:19 AM

I think so, but it will still need plenty of time or years for that coin to surpass Bitcoin. With its value now too high to reach cause all coins will start in small value. Not unless i that coin is not run by coinmarket. Will see.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:51:50 PM

If we compare the technological achievements that we have today with those that were twenty or thirty years ago, we will conclude that everything that at one time we thought was superior and irreplaceable has come to fall into absolesence with the passage of the years. Unfortunately I do not think that the case of blockchain technology happens in a different way, and in fact at this very moment we are witnessing the great enthusiasm that cryptology is generating, stretching the technological limits of new cryptocurrencies to levels really unsuspected a few years ago.

This does not mean that the bitcoin as a store of value or as a long term investment ceases to be convenient or loses its usefulness over the years, but in strictly technological terms it is a fact that sooner or later it will be outdated.
WUUEX79

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

Xch4nge.com

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:29:29 PM

Both the principles and concepts I think bitcoin will not be possible can be defeated by other currencies. Besides that payment with bitcoin's easier when compared to credit cards as well as debit cards and bitcoin can be accepted through without a seller account. Bitcoin payments can be made through the wallet application both on your computer and smartphone, just by entering the recipient's address, payment amount, and press send.

cescudero95

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:39:17 PM

Let me pose this question:

Bitcoin is a decentralized electronic currency.  It was the first in this class of technology (block-chain based).

The question is, what example, if any, can you cite that the first version or iteration of a technology was never superseded by another version?

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
Nakedbitcoin

Activity: 226

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:41:30 PM

My answer to the principle is: NO

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

BUY BITCOIN TODAY AND ALWAYS.
As state above,  bitcoin is built on confidence, tradition and security,  so it will be so hard to be outdated by any crypto currency.  The trust is built and is strong. Bitcoin remain the king of crypto world.
Astra2127

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:00:32 AM

We can say that there is a possibility, maybe yes, maybe no. We are in the modern era now everything is possible, if and if we are just eager enough to do so. People are great immitators, maybe on the next 5,10, or 15 yrs from now, something will change. We'll never know, someone is planning, and will be copying or even revising some about format or system of BTC.
anthonytcm

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:00:52 AM

Bitcoin is simple, and that's what people like. People want to store value, move value back and forth, and if possible, at low cost. Altcoins have been offering all sorts of gimmick features throughout the years, but 95% of the people aren't interested in using these features at all, which once again points out that it there is no such a thing as Bitcoin being outdated.

Another aspect I see people complain about, is that Bitcoin's transaction fees are so expensive while altcoin fees are so insanely low. Roger Ver did that too, and he even made fun of Bitcoin various times in his streams as well. People should understand that the only reason altcoins are able to offer cheap transaction fees is because barely anyone is using their networks. High fees = high demand for block space. Low fees, or even no fees = low to no demand for block space (ie, coin is practically redundant). While I don't like altcoins, I do like their presence and the global interest in them. It's impossible to point out exactly, but the altcoin market makes sure a very large number of Bitcoins are taken out of direct circulation, and that makes sure there will only be more coin scarcity in the coming years. In other words, booming altcoin market is great for Bitcoin as well.

While I agree with the OP when he says bitcoin will not be outdated by another currency, I don't agree with his analogy. It has more to do with what the user I'm quoting referred to, bitcoin is simple and that's what makes it more attractive. Also the fact that it is more established as THE original crypto, it gives value to newcomers I guess.
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:47:43 AM

At present, I don't think that any other coin would beat bitcoin, but there are a few good coins that have got a very bright future such as Neo.
if I think NEO will not be able to beat Bitcoin, even if it's for a long time. Bitcoin is king of Crypto and has become a favorite coin for many people. Although bitcoin transfer fees are more expensive and also the speed is not like other coins, but Bitcoin is the first coin that has taken the hearts of Crypto players.
XpanderaX

Activity: 110

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:25:31 AM

Bitcoin is the king of Cryptocurrency, he was born first and has the highest price. I am sure and believe this coin is a coin that will become the leader of Cryptocurrency in a very long time. and I'm sure there won't be any other coins that will be able to beat Bitcoin. Even though there are currently lots of potentially good new coins.
lendahawkins

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:45:05 AM

Bitcoin will be remain top 1, the reasons cause it were the first one and the famous one, but we dont know what it will be in future, i think bitcoin is only use for investing in ico and there is so many new stable coins that are good for transaction. Lets see how bitcoin will be, for now it will remain in top 1 but in 10 years everything could change.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: