Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:23:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Network Attack on XVG / VERGE  (Read 29437 times)
vipsvvvv

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:44:33 PM

so what will happen with the coins at supnova ? , i mined for a few weeks without withdrawn any coins
make payout manually

i tried with no luck , my account link at supnova  doesnt work

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rizon

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:44:51 PM

Just registered to back OCMiner on a technical level. He is correct on all counts, and you should listen to him.

Sunerok doesn't know a thing about engineering; he would not be able to land a job in this sector. He is a fraud, a phony, and gives the rest of us (professionals) a bad reputation.

This will catch up to him, for now, I advise you to reach out to SEC and file a complaint. I just spoke to the NY division, and while they will not comment on the status of the ongoing investigation; I can assure you that he will see his time in court.

https://www.sec.gov/oiea/Complaint.html
https://www.sec.gov/page/sec-new-york-regional-office

Protect the eco-system and get rid of the fraud. There is no sense in talking to him; the federal agents will put him in his place.
Nina-coin

Activity: 266
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:45:52 PM

Hey, guys! Tell me, is it possible the same attack on other coins, which also alternate algorithms? For example, is it Ravencoin or Pigeoncoin? And in general, all algorithms in the family of X (X11 and so on)?
Dogedarkdev
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:47:07 PM

Hey, guys! Tell me, is it possible the same attack on other coins, which also alternate algorithms? For example, is it Ravencoin or Pigeoncoin? And in general, all algorithms in the family of X (X11 and so on)?

from what i saw, it is definitely in several other coins. i did a quick search on github and found many others. to save them the headache of what we just went through, i am not going to name them here though.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
Gdecessus

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:47:37 PM

Hack still going on just slowed a bit.. you can check on verge blockchain explorer
CryptoYeff

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:47:46 PM

Okay guys, as the shit keep hitting the fan harder and harder here I need to take a few steps to actually end that drama for me:

Suprnova will not reopen any of it's XVG/Verge pools for mining whatsoever. You can mine it freely on any different pool if you like. Withdrawals are possible of course.

This will be my last dealing with XVG. I don't like to get cheated and blamed. As a miner myself I care for what I mine and I care for others as well - you can take it or leave it.

I get why you're pissed off and I'm a total noob here, but I gotta say that I think they need you ocminer.

WE need people like you running the pools and keeping an eye on things for the rest of us. In this quickly evolving space we need a lot more than straight up profit-takers. We need people who give a shit about doing this thing right.

I hope you change your mind about XVG. I'd use your pool at double the fee exactly because you care about more than profits.

I don't agree about the part about never mining Verge no matter what.  We don't make statements like this and we'll go back to mining Verge after a period of stability.  It seems like pool operators seem to let themselves get overtaken by emotion constantly, rather than simply looking at the best way to make money.

On the other hand, I agree with where he says that he doesn't trust Verge.  The $12,000 we lost is a huge amount of money.  Cryptocurrencies are going to be reaching the bottom of this bubble cycle later in the year, and we need to sell and save as much money as possible to weather the period where bitcoins are worth $1000 or $2000 before the next bubble starts.  That money could pay a developer's expenses for more than a month, and imagine all the new features we could add with that.  This is not some sort of game.  Real people's lives are at stake.  We just paid someone to move across the country for us, picking up his entire life.  The action yesterday increases the risk that he did all that for nothing.  I personally don't think that many people here understand this.

Taking those two points together, we don't make policy based off emotions or because we truly want to wholeheartedly support a particular coin.  The sole purpose of our pool (and likely those of other calm and rational business owners) is to make as much money for us and our customers and to keep people employed, and mining Verge is not a reliable way to do that.  If the circumstances change, then we'll re-enable Verge.

lost me at 1-$2k btc

This is a petty reply.  Instead of addressing the main points in the post, you derisively focused on a reasonable expectation of bitcoin's price based on past bubble cycles.

Next time, try focusing on the part about how the money impact's people's lives.  That might show a little more compassion and class on your part.
plus aint nobody tryna hear the mining pool cry about lost profits... cry me a river ----- quit crying, reopen the stupid pool and start collecting ur 1% again
kokayne

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:50:02 PM

what about all the XVG that disappeared from CCEX. Anyone news on that?
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:53:24 PM

so what will happen with the coins at supnova ? , i mined for a few weeks without withdrawn any coins
make payout manually

write me mail and i'll unlock you - no prob

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
vipsvvvv

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:53:45 PM

Okay guys, as the shit keep hitting the fan harder and harder here I need to take a few steps to actually end that drama for me:

Suprnova will not reopen any of it's XVG/Verge pools for mining whatsoever. You can mine it freely on any different pool if you like. Withdrawals are possible of course.

This will be my last dealing with XVG. I don't like to get cheated and blamed. As a miner myself I care for what I mine and I care for others as well - you can take it or leave it.

I get why you're pissed off and I'm a total noob here, but I gotta say that I think they need you ocminer.

WE need people like you running the pools and keeping an eye on things for the rest of us. In this quickly evolving space we need a lot more than straight up profit-takers. We need people who give a shit about doing this thing right.

I hope you change your mind about XVG. I'd use your pool at double the fee exactly because you care about more than profits.

I don't agree about the part about never mining Verge no matter what.  We don't make statements like this and we'll go back to mining Verge after a period of stability.  It seems like pool operators seem to let themselves get overtaken by emotion constantly, rather than simply looking at the best way to make money.

On the other hand, I agree with where he says that he doesn't trust Verge.  The $12,000 we lost is a huge amount of money.  Cryptocurrencies are going to be reaching the bottom of this bubble cycle later in the year, and we need to sell and save as much money as possible to weather the period where bitcoins are worth $1000 or $2000 before the next bubble starts.  That money could pay a developer's expenses for more than a month, and imagine all the new features we could add with that.  This is not some sort of game.  Real people's lives are at stake.  We just paid someone to move across the country for us, picking up his entire life.  The action yesterday increases the risk that he did all that for nothing.  I personally don't think that many people here understand this.

Taking those two points together, we don't make policy based off emotions or because we truly want to wholeheartedly support a particular coin.  The sole purpose of our pool (and likely those of other calm and rational business owners) is to make as much money for us and our customers and to keep people employed, and mining Verge is not a reliable way to do that.  If the circumstances change, then we'll re-enable Verge.

lost me at 1-$2k btc

This is a petty reply.  Instead of addressing the main points in the post, you derisively focused on a reasonable expectation of bitcoin's price based on past bubble cycles.

Next time, try focusing on the part about how the money impact's people's lives.  That might show a little more compassion and class on your part.
plus aint nobody tryna hear the mining pool cry about lost profits... cry me a river ----- quit crying, reopen the stupid pool and start collecting ur 1% again

withdrawals are possible ? how ?? the my account tab doesnt work its dead
bododk

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:55:26 PM

https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE/commit/a3dd53f40aaedd28bd4d0fc720f034492f7ded81

* they have no idea on how to solve this issue
miningmachineIO

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:57:22 PM

MINE VERGE / XVG WITH US!

pool.miningmachine.io

Mining Fee - .8%
AWS Hosted Servers
Automatic payouts every hour
No registration required for pool

LETS GET HASHING

Code:
-a x17 -o stratum+tcp://pool.miningmachine.io:3737 -u <your_wallet_address> -p c=XVG

Join our Email List

Sign up now and get the latest info on Mining Machine. Also be the first to hear about promotions like free weekends!

https://mailchi.mp/f9d5eb72a3cb/mining-machine-pool

[/center]
vipsvvvv

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:57:34 PM

make payout manually

write me mail and i'll unlock you - no prob

u mean pm in here ? because i tried to find an contact email at ur webiste with no luck
CryptoYeff

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:58:20 PM

Just registered to back OCMiner on a technical level. He is correct on all counts, and you should listen to him.

Sunerok doesn't know a thing about engineering; he would not be able to land a job in this sector. He is a fraud, a phony, and gives the rest of us (professionals) a bad reputation.

This will catch up to him, for now, I advise you to reach out to SEC and file a complaint. I just spoke to the NY division, and while they will not comment on the status of the ongoing investigation; I can assure you that he will see his time in court.

https://www.sec.gov/oiea/Complaint.html
https://www.sec.gov/page/sec-new-york-regional-office

Protect the eco-system and get rid of the fraud. There is no sense in talking to him; the federal agents will put him in his place.
lmao... and whats your favorite coin? and to back him on a technical level, you should probably include something technical...piss off
Nina-coin

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:02:31 PM

from what i saw, it is definitely in several other coins. i did a quick search on github and found many others. to save them the headache of what we just went through, i am not going to name them here though.

Thank you for your answer. I think that scammers also understand this and will act. The information will soon spread across the crypto community. Tomorrow will be a hot day on the exchanges. Another blow to the cryptocurrency, it is very bad.
CryptoYeff

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:04:24 PM

really? you don't think its a good idea to publicly expose a weakness in a coins code? what kind of monster are you?   lol... screw these haters let em buy when the fomo sets in
karasuri

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:05:27 PM

what happening? can you link to the news or a short story about?
testingtester

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:06:39 PM

lost me at 1-$2k btc

withdrawals are possible ? how ?? the my account tab doesnt work its dead
i just set the payout treshhold below the actual balance and all the coins were transfered immediately.
Nina-coin

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:07:55 PM

really? you don't think its a good idea to publicly expose a weakness in a coins code? what kind of monster are you?   lol... screw these haters let em buy when the fomo sets in
The enemy is always better to know in person. And the scammers will still attack the networks of coins, this inevitable process. No hiding from him.
Patuba

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:09:36 PM

Looks like it's time for me to go back to mining BTCP.
Mojo_LB

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 09:14:55 PM

To XVG Attackers

This is an open invitation from Team of Dero, to try to attack Dero network/Blockchain

Dero has already successfully fended off 3 attacks, and is challenging XVG attackers to move their operations to Dero blockchain instead Wink

p.s. I'm not a team member.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: