Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:02:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser  (Read 43570 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
AlexandruPanait

Activity: 232
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 07:21:28 PM

This thread is losing steem, it has been a while now that no relevant discussion about Webdollar has taken place any more - just the nuissance background noise of a few detractors. I'd suggest the team to publish more updates on Bitcointalk on what's going on in their project. After all they are seeking adoption - aren't they?

Hi. Now we have been tested POS&POW from our hybrid mining and it works perfect. Now we're testing on our test network the transactions in order to improve the max tx/s accepted by WebDollar. After this we have only to add POS rounds mining also in pools and we will be ready for a release. Not to much to say because we're really focused on code in the last time in order to overcome the free mining exploit using google cloud.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deer_hunter89

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:37:57 PM

This thread is losing steem, it has been a while now that no relevant discussion about Webdollar has taken place any more - just the nuissance background noise of a few detractors. I'd suggest the team to publish more updates on Bitcointalk on what's going on in their project. After all they are seeking adoption - aren't they?

Hi. Now we have been tested POS&POW from our hybrid mining and it works perfect. Now we're testing on our test network the transactions in order to improve the max tx/s accepted by WebDollar. After this we have only to add POS rounds mining also in pools and we will be ready for a release. Not to much to say because we're really focused on code in the last time in order to overcome the free mining exploit using google cloud.

Interesting, can you provide more info about the exploit? You devs didn't say anything about the exploit until now, when are you posting a disclosure on the forum? The community needs to know about this exploit!!!
deer_hunter89

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:40:53 PM

It seems that for the past weeks, the webdollar network has been exploited. This is huge news. Cannot believe the devs were hiding this. This is great for adoption, really.
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 09:43:46 PM

Interesting, can you provide more info about the exploit? You devs didn't say anything about the exploit until now, when are you posting a disclosure on the forum? The community needs to know about this exploit!!!

Simple. Google gives 300$ free for instances and many people got free phone numbers in order to install many miners in cloud.
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 09:44:45 PM

It seems that for the past weeks, the webdollar network has been exploited. This is huge news. Cannot believe the devs were hiding this. This is great for adoption, really.

Many CPU coins are mining in cloud and we don't agree this. Is not normal to mine without having any cost.
TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:59:56 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2018, 05:11:56 AM by TakeItEasy

Many CPU coins are mining in cloud and we don't agree this. Is not normal to mine without having any cost.
What ? Cheesy
Why did you called mining with Google Cloud an exploit ?) It's not a bug or vulnerability. The only reason is because they get Google Cloud for free ?)
Don't you think that it's not your business, who and how mine ? Don't count other people's money!
If they get chance to mine for free, they will do it.

So if we should follow your logic, if suddenly Microsoft Azure starts distributing free dedicated servers,as an advertising campaign, then you will ban Azure servers, because people will mine your WD "without having any cost".

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
deer_hunter89

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:12:44 AM

What ? Cheesy
Why did you called mining with Google Cloud an exploit ?) It's not a bug or vulnerability. The only reason is because they get Google Cloud for free ?)
Don't you think that it's not your business, who and how mine ? Don't count other people's money!

So if we should follow your logic, if suddenly Microsoft Azure starts distributing free dedicated servers,as an advertising campaign, then you will ban Azure servers, because people will mine your WD "without having any cost".

I don't know what using premined (genesis) coins in a POS systems is called, if not mining without having any cost?
Webdollar is full of decisions that benefit the devs, all we need know is a hard-fork to revert blocks mined using free cloud.
TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:00:59 AM

What ? Cheesy

I don't know what using premined (genesis) coins in a POS systems is called, if not mining without having any cost?
Webdollar is full of decisions that benefit the devs, all we need know is a hard-fork to revert blocks mined using free cloud.
They really plan to make another hardfork because of Google Cloud mining ? Is this official ?

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
xXSSonicXx

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:18:23 AM

What ? Cheesy

They really plan to make another hardfork because of Google Cloud mining ? Is this official ?

You can check this deerhunter guy posts here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2274955;sa=showPosts
His trying really hard now for like 4 months Wink)

Back on topic, this is not a get rich quick project, you should have patience, the dev team is small they didn't do an ICO because it was better for the coin in their opinion so they are working hard with what they have at their disposal to make things better.
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 12:10:13 PM

What ? Cheesy

For adding POS mining we have to make hard fork, there is no other way. But we won't revert any block. Benefits for the devs? We're working on this project from 1 year and we didn't sold any single coin.
deer_hunter89

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:29:55 PM

For adding POS mining we have to make hard fork, there is no other way. But we won't revert any block. Benefits for the devs? We're working on this project from 1 year and we didn't sold any single coin.

What do you think about using premined (genesis) coins in a POS systems, it is the same as cloud free mining, mining without having any cost?
It seems that you are replacing a problem with another problem, but you personally benefit from this.
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 12:31:27 PM

What do you think about using premined (genesis) coins in a POS systems, it is the same as cloud free mining, mining without having any cost?
It seems that you are replacing a problem with another problem, but you personally benefit from this.

The coins mined with genesis will be distributed via bounty program for a period of time. After this the genesis will stop mining.
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 01:01:47 PM

What ? Cheesy

Hello !
how pos will work for holders? If i remember right there isnt a qt wallet in order to leave it on 24/7.
Will POS be automatically working to all web wallets?

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 03:09:48 PM

What ? Cheesy

Hello !
how pos will work for holders? If i remember right there isnt a qt wallet in order to leave it on 24/7.

Yes, you have to be consensus with the network in order to mine. Here are some services made by our community for mining like http://hostero.eu/ which accepts webd paymenths
Pon13

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 06:51:00 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2018, 08:09:07 AM by Pon13

What ? Cheesy

Hello !

Yes, you have to be consensus with the network in order to mine. Here are some services made by our community for mining like http://hostero.eu/ which accepts webd paymenths

I dont understand. I have to leave browser open with my wallet unlock? is it going to be automatically working since it is a web wallet (meaning its already running 24/7)?
The services on the link is for pow or pos?

WebDollar.io (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 03:15:32 PM

I dont understand. I have to leave browser open with my wallet unlock? is it going to be automatically working since it is a web wallet (meaning its already running 24/7)?

Yes. This is the idea. You will mine both pow and pos directly in the browser. Proof of stake at the moment is in our internal test net branch on github.

@WebDollar - Currency of the Internet             https://webdollar.io             MINING DIRECTLY IN BROWSER
Github    |     Telegram    |    Reddit    |    Medium    |     Facebook    |    Twitter
Pon13

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 05:00:23 PM

Yes. This is the idea. You will mine both pow and pos directly in the browser. Proof of stake at the moment is in our internal test net branch on github.

oh i see. then i'm curious to see that (POS) cause i've mined a few.
thanks for replying !!

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:48:08 PM

Is WebD safe?

NotAnExit

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 11:14:57 PM

oh i see. then i'm curious to see that (POS) cause i've mined a few.
thanks for replying !!

I'm curious what the trigger factor will be for the POS, is it just going to be based on how much time someone has the browser open? That is what makes sense to me, or is it based on how many coins total someone has?

I also just wanted to comment about the auto pooling. I don't think it works because one day I just kept getting bounced around all the pools and really didn't stake. 
ildotoress

Activity: 77

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 06:32:26 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2018, 08:11:36 AM by ildotoress

Now there is no staking, just  POW mining. For you to be in only one pool use the  pool long link and don't choose the pool from the drop-down table in consensus (webdollar.io). (check Telegram for full list of long links of pools)
When POS will be added, as it will be hybrid, you will have to stake your WEBDs in order to participate in the process. But in the same time for the POW blocks you will also be able to mine like you do now with CPUs.
The percentage of POS blocks was discussed to be 20 followed by 10 POW blocks, and so on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: