Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:28:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do we need to regulate digital money  (Read 5013 times)
tamradhwaj

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:50:42 PM

Digital Currency like bitcoin  ethereum etc. doesn't need to be regulated. N crypto lovers also don’t want crypto to be regulated. we love the decentralized system of crypto currencies. But, if, crypto currency accept for regulations then the government will make outstanding money through it. Personally, I don't want to see bitcoin in under governments rules.
SearchingforS

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:20:01 PM

We need regulations because most people can't live a good life without them. Only laws can restrain some people from doing terrible things, it's just human nature. Without regulations there will be no justice and order.

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:22:44 PM

It should only be regulated in order to avoid scams, nothing more than that. But i do not like to see bitcoin regulated, normal people should not be paying taxes, but it depends on every country
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:25:08 PM

Digital money is becoming more and more popular in life, and it is becoming a form of investment. Digital money is helping people make big profits and help people grow wealthier and create more opportunities for new investors to find benefits.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:03:59 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2018, 09:17:33 PM by Ucy

By "regulation" I believe you mean taking away privacy & censorship resistance from digital currencies and closely monitor them? Governments already regulate digital currencies except  Cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency is regulated by computer codes. It won't be regulated by humans, sorry.
However, I will be in total support if the pro-regulation people can agree to allow computer algorithm be assigned some of the tasks they want assigned to human govt.. . task like :

* Monitoring our online activities without revealing them to govt, individual or group except we break the law.

* Freezing of criminal's accounts when he/she is discovered committing crimes on the Internet

* Reporting the criminals locations to the police.

All these will be done automatically by computer algorithm

mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:11:01 PM

Digital currency is to change the world, many of which were positive, to a certain extent, they pose a containment of the government, gave the people an alternative, but that doesn't mean they don't need to be regulated.

One of the core reason is: anonymous, do not track, not regulated digital currency will make form a closed loop technology crime, money laundering and terrorist, and disappear from unsolved bits, bytes, while the impact damage with each person in this world.

If every penny of extortion is tracked, is there enough motivation and courage to launch a WannaCry to attack the world?

Regulation is not there because to just annoy us.
The most important resaon is to tax people, otherwise how will goverments exist..

jonikris

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:11:37 PM

the digital currency needs to be regulated because to prevent misuse of the currency otherwise it will result in damage to money leading to a fall in prices
hh4mmm

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:27:01 PM

digital currency need to be a regulate. because every currency have a same kind of pattern and rules. so digital currency also need that. otherwise digital currency have to face same damages and there values goes down. and customer also have bad feeling about this.

it is already existing so either regulate or nor regulation we have been using it for our daily transactions so we don't need to regulate, you all talking of regulate, have you ever think of wen you are hacked how would you be able to trace or track the address that hacked you. so in summaries either regulate no regulate people may still use it to fraud and hacked people. now my own suggestions is that every bitcoin address or wallet should a name so that to any transaction that is going on we'll know how it's moving. that is the only way we can reduced fraud or scammers
riyarana1123
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 09:34:44 PM

There is actually a need to regulate digital money because control and maintenance is a basic requirements to operates them properly and of that regulation is important not to make money from them but also to make the trust of investors as the scams and false news are recorded in few years about such currencies.Moreover not only that but the crime rate also get increased because the hacking of such currency is much easier as compared to fiat money.So,digital money have to get some extra security. 

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
heinz

Activity: 172

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:54:53 PM

It will stop all the fraudalents trades on almost all the websites, aside from Money laundering. That is the main reason of why we need some regulations, but it will take some time, maybe more than a few years from now
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:00:46 PM

It will stop all the fraudalents trades on almost all the websites, aside from Money laundering. That is the main reason of why we need some regulations, but it will take some time, maybe more than a few years from now

no it wouldnt stop any frauds or scamming . cant you see that money or regular currencies are already regulated but why they are still a lot of scammers are succesfully scamming other people? regulation has nothing to do with it. I think regulation will only help the price to become more stable  but i dont like cyptos to become stable because our income will also become limited if that happens .
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:06:24 PM

Digital Currency like bitcoin  ethereum etc. doesn't need to be regulated. N crypto lovers also don’t want crypto to be regulated. we love the decentralized system of crypto currencies. But, if, crypto currency accept for regulations then the government will make outstanding money through it. Personally, I don't want to see bitcoin in under governments rules.
The government can not control bitcoin, but the government has the authority to regulate bitcoin legal status in the country. With regulation of the legal status, bitcoin users will be more comfortable because of the clear recognition, in other words, all activities they do with cryptocurrency are legal. Btw, most governments are banning the use of bitcoin as a payment system in the country.

akosipepot

Activity: 377
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:07:33 PM

we don't need to regulate cryptocurrencies but regulations can be also helpful with the adoption and growth of them or they can be restrictive and even prevent the adoption altogether. in the end it will come down to what they are regulating and how. for example if it is regulation of exchanges and if it leads to a more secure place where people can trade with less risk that would be a very good thing.
I agree with you. In fact one advantage of digital currency for most is the anonymity which would be taken away if digital currency was to be regulated all the time.
kinhdolaos

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:32:29 AM

In my opinion, it is necessary to protect its hierarchy and at least relatively anonymity. If it is maintained, electronic money can only be used with pre-focused money. We need to adjust the digital currency because it's quite new and it still needs some rules to keep it. This also means that the government is willing to accept digital money. What I mean here is to adjust how it's formed, how much needs to be done, in order, and specific location and price. What can definitely be tweeked in the existing system is the way to track a transaction, possibly only when needed though.
King_Linda

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:36:32 AM

Crime is always the reason why we have to impose it. Small transactions will not be taken seriously by our government so we are not afraid to regulate them because they are after larger transactions. But I hope that small transactions can be allowed anonymously.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:44:14 AM

yes we should regulate a digital currency, to makes sure that the government know the circulation of the bitcoin in that country, so they can makes the policy about the tax about bitcoin and they wouldn't block bitcoin in their country, if bitcoin not regulated maybe someday bitcoin wil be banned in that country

goodfortune2018

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:05:16 AM

yes we should regulate a digital currency, to makes sure that the government know the circulation of the bitcoin in that country, so they can makes the policy about the tax about bitcoin and they wouldn't block bitcoin in their country, if bitcoin not regulated maybe someday bitcoin wil be banned in that country

I believe it is important to regulate digital money in order to limit the coming of cryptocurrency in the market and the application of a crypto should properly reviewed before it introduce to the market to avoid any scammed ICOs.
kangbasir

Activity: 394

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:45:05 PM

I think the need to set up a digital currency is a must for criminals not to use digital currency as an illegal transaction.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:22:47 AM

By regulating cryptocurrency, we give it more structure and stability. And this will result in people trusting the system too. It should be a free market but still with some level of control to keep everything in check. There should be a balance right?

ys fs

Activity: 234

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:32:12 AM

if I think digital currency is not the same as the real currency, because the digital currency level of instability is very high than the real currency.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: