Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:58:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people are holding Altcoin?  (Read 1813 times)
data_teks

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:55:42 PM

Alts could give more profit then Bitcoin or Ethereum in future if it will rise again with new power , thats why peopel wanna get more risk for bigger profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WizardCount

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:00:04 PM

altcoin prices can be very surprising, holding altcoin may be a strategy to make profit from the coin, of course when the coin price doing pump
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:51:59 PM

Why people are still holding their altcoincoin in this volatile market?

Do they really love their altcoin?
Are they waiting for the price goes up?
What is your reason for holding?
Maybe it's because they love altcoins or altcoins are beneficial for them, everyone has different reasons for altcoins.
And I think altcoins are profitable in the future.
I would rather say they just love profits and that is how I have come to see the altcoin market anyway. It is just more like when you are investing in a stock market and you are investing in a company you believe in knowing that you are going to get the best from it as a stakeholder in the future.

Remember how the Apple copartner sold his stocks and eventually regretted it ? That is how I feel it is going to be for some dropping their shares in the market when most of the strong altcoins with product booms. In my view, nothing wrong in holding altcoins for longer duration but that altcoin must be based on strong concepts else disappoint alone will be the result.
deean_3one

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:57:30 PM

The main purpose is to wait for the price to rise. Selling it at this time will only give you a loss. Therefore, everyone is holding altcoins.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:12:23 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2018, 04:22:56 PM by Victorycoin

Mostly because they have been caught in the old hodl paradigm that was good in bitcoin times but no longer. Now it is all about being on top of the market and the ICO opportunities to make cash.
HODLing is actually investing in a coin you have faith would appreciate sometime in the future and incidentally the prices of all coin went down in recent times, so it was an ample opportunity for people to stash their favorite altcoins and then wait for when the expected would come through and it does!

There is no sense in saying HODLing ended with Bitcoin and it's now history, because must Bitcoin enthusiasts saw an opportunity when price dropped below $7000, now check the price today and see what you missed. Same goes for the established altcoins.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:16:29 PM

People are holding to the Altcoin because they believe in the project and believe that the price will go up.

Another reason is because the Altcoin is in big losses and people are holding till price rise.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

rindaman

Activity: 188
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:18:20 PM

yeah right wait for altcoin prices to go up, if sell altcoin we have today will be big loss
there are some people buying for long-term investments when altcoin prices go down
kickkers321

Activity: 56
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:23:23 PM

It can create risk factors for short-term investments. So if you are considering to apply for Altcoin, then we would like to mention that long-term investments are for you. One of the things that Altcoin should pay attention to is that one of the things that should be paid attention is not to present a new and used technology to the users. The fact that Altcoins are attracting great attention at this stage is one of the most important things to watch out for. In general, terms, investing in altcoins can be an answer in the long run when it is considered reasonable to invest.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 04:30:14 PM

Peoples holding altcoins because they know that market will wise and they will get good profits in this in the rise. They know the power of crypto currencies grow.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:33:26 PM

The answer is very simple:there can  be  complex technical differences between alts and bitcoin(Scripting language,Consensus algorithms,Mining)...Do you think that people use altcoins only for trading? Its not truth look at cryptomarket,There are too many good alternative coins which can be used for our special purposes,Even for our businesses,for creating decentralized applications and another...But if  there is no reason for it to exist and if X coin has no advantage and can’t claim some characteristic,Of course it will be unwise behavior to hold.I have seen many illiterate  posts at here,on this forum,like 'altcoins are scam',etc which are very funny for me..So, as I guess you are nebwie in this sphere,First of all I advice you to read more about trading,altcoins or even about bitcoin,it will be helpful to answer easy questions by yourself.
denulh

Activity: 300

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:35:05 PM

I think most people hold altcoin because they want to have more profit in the future. The market has shown signs of recovery, but the price of the altcoin is still quite low, selling at this time will not be profitable. I believe in a few months the market will recover and stabilize, prices will go up until then long-term holders will have a lot of money.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
evichi

Activity: 1190
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:54:26 PM

Two major reasons for investing in altcoin (personal opinion) : (a) The problem the altcoin(s) will solve by virtue of its project (b) The financial benefit one will derive by investing on the project (usually by and hold). There may be other personal reasons but the above points, I reason, are the two core reasons for the choice of coin.My choice of coin includes  - Stellar Lumens,  IOTA, TRON, Binance. coin, among others. The coin/ token project as well as the personalities Involved speak volumes on the choice of coin.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
Fedor07

Activity: 282

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:04:31 PM

A lot of people are holding their altcoins becouse of making more profit not becouse they love their altcoins , they love their money . They are waiting for the price go up , to go up a lot and to make more and more profit . All of the holders are doing this thing , ok , not all of the holders but mostly . There are some people which are doing  a really stupid think , they are selling their altcoin just becouse the altcoin start going down , they are to afraid of loosing their money and they are not thinking straight at that moment , they need to wait for the price to go up an then to sell their altcoin and make some profit.
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:16:24 PM

there are several reasons for holding altcoins, of course the main reason they believe in the development of altcoin they hold and expect the price to increase, but some altcoin have good potential in the future, so many who invest in altcoin, they do not want to leave the opportunities that are in front eyes, we all know the movement of altcoin is very unstable but if you can take advantage of it you can benefit.
coino.org

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:20:55 PM

My reason is that bitcoin will lose dominance and with increasing of capitalization of whole market, some alts can show better results. The main issue is to find that coin, but you can suceed and become millionaire if you are right
bekkioPEK

Activity: 356
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:29:22 PM

personally I have many altcoins in my personal wallet that for me have potential, obviously I will hodl this coins because for me they are excellent projects and almost all have been born recently. to express their full potential they need time. the reason is simply this, the newly born projects can "take off" and make you make a lot of money, or they can fail and make you lose everything. we can say that altcoins have a high risk but can make us make absurd profits, even 50 / 100x

FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:38:08 PM

Peoples are hodling their altcoins simply because they trust the coin/token and they ''think'' they will earn a fortune from that coin or token. Peoples are greedy tbh! They keep earnings and grabbing profits, when they lose they start fudding and doing bad stuffs!
There's other type of peoples, they love the technologie for real and they want to help make it a succesfull project, i belong to that type of peoples!
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:12:46 PM

They are hokd ing for greater profit, only weak hands sell and run at lost. If the market is in a big dip it dose not mean it will not go green again.
shana95

Activity: 209
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:40:24 PM

Some of the holders already lost their investments cause of the bearish market. So they are waiting for the recovery. Anyone can say anything, but I believe cryptocurrency is the new trend. Some investors invest in ICOs even in this very bearish market. So all of the guys try to HOLD their altcoins for the better future.
gelli

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:45:57 PM

In such a market, one can only expect, believe and hope that the market will rise from its knees to its feet. What, you think it's time to drain the coins?

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: