Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:10:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Bitmain launches AntMiner solution, 0.68 J/GH on chip  (Read 368074 times)
adqsonline

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:33:40 AM

After i set up a stable ip in my S3 now i can´t see the blades in mining status and the device is mining at 0.00GH/s.

How should i fix this?

Thanks.

The problem can only be fixed if you follow proper troubleshooting steps.
Go through my post again and do as said. Also, post images as said in the post.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330665.msg8199301#msg8199301

I did all that and doesnt work. About the Ip i only set up 1 machine at time and first thing i do is change the ip. Otherwise i would have problems with my other antminers and i dont.

I checked the cables that comes from blades to control board (disconected and reconected them) and the problem persists.
And now i see batch 6 on sale and i am very insecure to buy them because i dont want more useless machines.
adqsonline

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:50:29 AM

ANTMINER S3 Batch 6 sales open. 0.66BTC per S3 will be shipped on August 12th, shipping cost included.

Support Please!!!
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:27:01 AM

After i set up a stable ip in my S3 now i can´t see the blades in mining status and the device is mining at 0.00GH/s.

How should i fix this?

Thanks.

The problem can only be fixed if you follow proper troubleshooting steps.
Go through my post again and do as said. Also, post images as said in the post.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330665.msg8199301#msg8199301

I did all that and doesnt work. About the Ip i only set up 1 machine at time and first thing i do is change the ip. Otherwise i would have problems with my other antminers and i dont.

I checked the cables that comes from blades to control board (disconected and reconected them) and the problem persists.
And now i see batch 6 on sale and i am very insecure to buy them because i dont want more useless machines.

The below was what I told you to do for helping you troubleshoot.
But you never posted the report.
If I missed any of your post, link me those images.
Open the cover of this machine and look of any loose cables, unplug them one by one and reconnect.
Also, getting logged off like yours means you have an IP conflict.
It can be of many reasons. So just change your miner IP to a different one like 192.168.1.95
If not working change it to 192.168.1.105 and try again.
Post a screenshot of your Miner Status page and WAN settings page here if its still not working.
Also add your routers & switches internet & wan settings page.
eoakland

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:18:25 PM

Hi, i have an S3 that stopped hashing...the red indicator light blinks slowly, and I am not able to login to the OS.  I have contacted Bitmain, but have not heard anything back....Anyone else experiencing this with the S3?  Is there a fix ?  Thanks

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
adqsonline

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:34:22 PM

Hi, i have an S3 that stopped hashing...the red indicator light blinks slowly, and I am not able to login to the OS.  I have contacted Bitmain, but have not heard anything back....Anyone else experiencing this with the S3?  Is there a fix ?  Thanks

Yep is happening me the same, more or less, when i can connect it starts hashing very unstable and disfunctional until the chains info disapear in Antminer status at miner status page and when i go see the machine it has a red light blinking not to fast.

Also didnt got any reply for Bitmain, thanks god is nice people around here trying to help me out.
illyack

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:35:32 PM

Yep is happening me the same, more or less, when i can connect it starts hashing very unstable and disfunctional until the chains info disapear in Antminer status at miner status page and when i go see the machine it has a red light blinking not to fast.

Also didnt got any reply for Bitmain, thanks god is nice people around here trying to help me out.

Try changing your DNS settings, use your router IP first then, 8.8.8.8

If that doesn't work , factory reset
allcoinminer

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:05:31 PM

Correct your gateway ip and replace the current dns ip to 4.2.2.2 and add an additional dns entry 8.8.8.8 then,
"Save and Apply" after the updating is finished, do a restart. Then wait for 10minutes.
If not working do a Factory Reset from your web interface of S3. Then Check again after 10 minutes.
If still not working, upgrade with the latest firmware and after its finished restart and wait for 10 minutes.
If again its not working, edit default gateway and add dns entires as said above.
Restart and wait for 10 minutes. Check whether its working.

If still its not working, Report the status of LEDs back here.
Also, Post the images of your S3 status page, S3 WAN page and Router Internet & WAN Status pages.
Hide your IP address from all the images. Your IP address which need to be removed can be found by googling the term "my ip".
captainpugwash

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:57:05 PM

Support Please!!!

I tried taking the cover off my batch 2 S3 that has been hashing since delivery at about 1/2 power (195GHs).

I've swapped the cables from the controller to each of the blades and still the same.

I'm using a Corsair CX750 power supply and I've tried using all 4 PCI-e connectors, 2 in the front, 2 in the back and each way between. Still the same.

In the web GUI only chain #1 shows and hashing power is at least 1/2 what it should be.

I've raised at least 5 support tickets and only got a response from the 3rd which asked me to flash the firmware. That didn't work either?

I've tried messaging them back through their ticket system on their website as well as emailing all the addresses I have for Bitmain.

Still no reply or closer to getting this issue resolved Sad

I've bought a fair few miners from Bitmain and I have to say I'm a little dissapointed that for my continued business and Bitcoin I've had no reply to my support requests.

I'm happy to send the faulty unit back to them for a replacement but they don't seem to respond to me either on this forum, their own ticket system or by email Sad
allcoinminer

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:00:43 PM

The image is not displaying here. Post the link to that image.
Also explain your symptoms of you miner.
Have you changed your thermal paste?
captainpugwash

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:47:56 PM

@allcoinminer, No haven't gone that far. While trying the different controller cables and power I did feel the heatsink and no matter what I tried the right hand blade did not get warm.

Right hand side with the ethernet port facing you.

Problem
Took delivery of 2 x S3 miners from batch 2. Out of the box one works fine the other only shows chain 1 as working.

Things I've tried

• Tried 5 different CX750 power supplies
  • Updated to latest firmware (Bitmain support said do this)
  • Removed and refitted cables from controller to blades
  • Swapped the 2 cables from controller to blades round
  • Used combinations of all 4 6 pin power sockets, 2 front, 2 rear and other combinations

Nothing I have tried has worked. Bitmain suggested the firmware update and I've had no other replies from them Sad

Not sure how removing the heatsinks and replacing the paste is going to help?

Any help appreciated Smiley
jowaybea

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:13:09 PM

@allcoinminer, No haven't gone that far. While trying the different controller cables and power I did feel the heatsink and no matter what I tried the right hand blade did not get warm.

Things I've tried

• Used combinations of all 4 6 pin power sockets, 2 front, 2 rear and other combinations

Nothing I have tried has worked. Bitmain suggested the firmware update and I've had no other replies from them Sad

When you swapped the cables from the controller blade, did the miner status change which chain showed to be hashing?  Did you also, at that time, confirm that the left hand side continued to warm while the right hand stayed cool?

If so, sounds like a bad blade, and I hope Bitmain would RMA just that blade, and allow you to at least keep the 200GH you do have mining.
allcoinminer

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:43:02 PM

Problem
Took delivery of 2 x S3 miners from batch 2. Out of the box one works fine the other only shows chain 1 as working.

[im]https://i.imgur.com/b593NCz.png[/img]

Things I've tried

In your case reapplying thermal paste will not help.
It seems like your one of the blade is not even powered.
Have you checked for any pcb/pcb component missing/damages in that blade?
First do below steps:
Steps:
Disconnect the the faulty blade from the control board.
Unplug the cable which connects to the controller from working Blade. Unplug it from the controller side.
Connect it to the place where the faulty blades cable connected.
Now check whether the good blade still works.

If not working, your controller is damaged. Confirm it by swapping the controller from another working S3.
    {
      If not working, Try swapping the control cable and again not working, your did something wrong in this step or I have no cue. Contact bitmaintech.
      If working, send you control board to RMA
    }
If working, you now disconnect the cable from blade and connect to the faulty blade.
    {
      If working, Remove the control cable from the good blade side and connect the cable to the faulty blade.
           {
             If working, swap the control cable.
                    {
                      If working, your controller is damaged and send it for RMA.
                      If not working, current control cable is damaged.
                    }
             If not working, Your current blade(faulty blade) is damaged and send it for RMA
           }
      If not working, swap control cable
             {
               If working,  the earlier control cable is damaged. Confirm if by using a working cable from another S3.
                       {
                         If working on confirmation,  Get a new control cable.
                         If not working, your blade and cable is damaged. RMA blade and Control cable
                        }
               If not working, your faulty blade is damaged and RMA it. may confirm it by connecting good blade alone here.
              }
    }

*During all the above steps we are only connecting one blade, good or bad.
**Swap cable means, take out the connected control cable and leave it on your desk and connect with the other cable already on table.
jcumins

Activity: 312
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:38:49 PM

Bitmain

When will the S-1 upgrade kits be available???

captainpugwash

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:46:17 PM

@allcoinminer, many thanks for all your advice.

OK, to answer a few of the questions you raised.

When I had the cover off tonight testing the different controller cables the right hand blade did not get warm.

I felt the right hand heat sink each time I tried a new power cable configuration same, no heat on the right hand blade.

Each time I restarted the miner with a different controller or power setup I checked and the web GUI showed the single chain #1 showing (same as screenshot in previous post). I have never seen chain #2 displayed on this miner.

It's getting late now so I will try your suggestions with the single controller cable and 6 pin power on each blade separately tomorrow.

Thanks again and I will report back the results Smiley
allcoinminer

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:17:48 PM

@allcoinminer, many thanks for all your advice.

OK, to answer a few of the questions you raised.

When I had the cover off tonight testing the different controller cables the right hand blade did not get warm.

I felt the right hand heat sink each time I tried a new power cable configuration same, no heat on the right hand blade.

Each time I restarted the miner with a different controller or power setup I checked and the web GUI showed the single chain #1 showing (same as screenshot in previous post). I have never seen chain #2 displayed on this miner.

It's getting late now so I will try your suggestions with the single controller cable and 6 pin power on each blade separately tomorrow.

Thanks again and I will report back the results Smiley

Go through all the steps of troubleshooting as I posted earlier and report.
We will start from that. Forget about what you have done earlier before my post.
Then only we can corner the Ant S3 component that is bugging you.
On a side note, I'm celebrating my 1000th post now.
jokillerftw

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:57:58 AM

hi 1 of my s3s are not connecting right to the network or the pool . because the light is an consistent red . not blinking or green . just stable red How do i fix this. What does this mean.
allcoinminer

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:05:32 AM

hi 1 of my s3s are not connecting right to the network or the pool . because the light is an consistent red . not blinking or green . just stable red How do i fix this. What does this mean.

Connect one S3 and shutoff all the other ones connected to your router/switch/modem.
Go to Antminer S3 web interface via your S3 ip address.
Do a firmware update and when its finished shutdown your Ant S3 then, shutdown your computer, modem/router/switch, etc.
Now start the Antminer S3, start modem/router/switch, then, start computer.
Login again to Ant S3 web interface and put your pool details on miner configuration page.
Save and Apply and wait for 5 minutes then look whether its working now.

If not working go to your WAN page, do the below.
Correct your default gateway in S3, you can look at your computer default gateway if your computer is connected to the same modem/router/switch or use the ip address of the modem/router/switch your Ant S3 is connected to.
Replace the already existing DNS entry with 4.2.2.2 and add another DNS entry and put 8.8.8.8 there.
Save and Apply. Wait for 5 minutes and check whether its working.

If not working go to the Diagnostic Page ( Network->Diagnostic tab ) click on the ping button.
when ping is completed take a screenshot of the below pages and post them back here.

1. S3 Diagnostic Page
2. S3 WAN Page
3. S3 Miner Stats Page
4. S3 Log Page"s"
5. WAN/INTERNET stats page of your modem or router connected.
6. Go to your computer connected to the same router/modem/switch/wifi your S3 is connected and go to command prompt, enter ipconfig /all and take a screenshot of it and post here.

PS: Hide your Public IP address from all your images. IP address can be found by google "MY IP".
adqsonline

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:44:11 AM

Connect one S3 and shutoff all the other ones connected to your router/switch/modem.
Go to Antminer S3 web interface via your S3 ip address.
Do a firmware update and when its finished shutdown your Ant S3 then, shutdown your computer, modem/router/switch, etc.
Now start the Antminer S3, start modem/router/switch, then, start computer.
Login again to Ant S3 web interface and put your pool details on miner configuration page.
Save and Apply and wait for 5 minutes then look whether its working now.

If not working go to your WAN page, do the below.
Correct your default gateway in S3, you can look at your computer default gateway if your computer is connected to the same modem/router/switch or use the ip address of the modem/router/switch your Ant S3 is connected to.
Replace the already existing DNS entry with 4.2.2.2 and add another DNS entry and put 8.8.8.8 there.
Save and Apply. Wait for 5 minutes and check whether its working.

If not working go to the Diagnostic Page ( Network->Diagnostic tab ) click on the ping button.
when ping is completed take a screenshot of the below pages and post them back here.

1. S3 Diagnostic Page
2. S3 WAN Page
3. S3 Miner Stats Page
4. S3 Log Page"s"
5. WAN/INTERNET stats page of your modem or router connected.
6. Go to your computer connected to the same router/modem/switch/wifi your S3 is connected and go to command prompt, enter ipconfig /all and take a screenshot of it and post here.

PS: Hide your Public IP address from all your images. IP address can be found by google "MY IP".

I did what Allcoinminer suggested and which i a very gratfull for helping me out going this struggle. After i set up the 2 DNS entries i just gave a resset on machine (touched the resset buton for about 2 or 3 seconds) and then i reconected the machine, changed to my desired ip and in the middle of this i gave it also a reboot and it started working properly. I found this very strange as the previous batches were like plug and play no need to make this kind of changes.
captainpugwash

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:41:14 AM

Just wondered if anyone on the Batch 5 S3 order has recieved any shipping updates?

Nothing via email and the shipping status on their website is still "unshipped"?

Many thanks Smiley
Slesh

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:38:52 AM

Just wondered if anyone on the Batch 5 S3 order has recieved any shipping updates?

Nothing via email and the shipping status on their website is still "unshipped"?

Many thanks Smiley

My B5 pieces are on the way via UPS  to europe (now in India). Sent 6.7.
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: