Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:16:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Bitmain launches AntMiner solution, 0.68 J/GH on chip  (Read 368038 times)
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:00:57 PM

Bitmain promised to update their firmware for all models many weeks ago, but still have not done so.
Bitmain also promised to provide a way of upgrade S2 to 1.8 or 2 Th. It's necessary to keep their word...

Doesn't make sense to upgrade a machine that is still profitable at 1w/gh.   They even gave a coupon to make up for it.

Maybe there will be upgrade kit in a few more months for 2th/1kw, but if you took the current s4 design and undervolt ed it to 0.5w/ghit would probably only be ~1.4th

An upgrade kit for 2th in the s2 would probably cost 2-2.2btc right now since it would require many more chips than the s4 uses

S2s won't be profitable much longer if the BTC value keeps dropping.

M

,0038 per day now, before the next difficulty jump in 7 days
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:03:02 PM

Bitmain promised to update their firmware for all models many weeks ago, but still have not done so.
Bitmain also promised to provide a way of upgrade S2 to 1.8 or 2 Th. It's necessary to keep their word...

Doesn't make sense to upgrade a machine that is still profitable at 1w/gh.   They even gave a coupon to make up for it.

Maybe there will be upgrade kit in a few more months for 2th/1kw, but if you took the current s4 design and undervolt ed it to 0.5w/ghit would probably only be ~1.4th

An upgrade kit for 2th in the s2 would probably cost 2-2.2btc right now since it would require many more chips than the s4 uses

M

Hmm.. not sure your estimate is right on the next jump.  I'm seeing a 3.3% decrease in 10 days.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:06:26 PM

Doesn't make sense to upgrade a machine that is still profitable at 1w/gh.   They even gave a coupon to make up for it.

M

Hmm.. not sure your estimate is right on the next jump.  I'm seeing a 3.3% decrease in 10 days.

M

I didnt say anything about what the next jump will be.
I only estimate what it mines today.   Which is at 34.6 Billion Diff
audiotopix

Activity: 686
Merit: 512

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 03:28:08 AM

I was heavily counting on the S2 upgrades,, But after using S3's I quickly was able to suspect why the S2 upgrade wouldnt happen yet. And the simple answer is power efficiency, as some of you have already stated.

I suspect they will likely revisit the idea of making an upgrade to the S2 when they release their next generation chip,, which will likely be 20nm (though possibly 16nm) as the 1k power supply of the s2 is the limitation.

Im sure they are already in the process of developing the next gen chips,,. Cheers.

[]
.████WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK    TWITTER   DISCORD   TELEGRAM  REDDIT  INSTAGRAM  GITHUB████
MASTERNODESSINCE
.PROOF OF STAKE  ANY AMOUNT
  OF NTRN
EARN    PIGGY
  BANK
[
]
Mesterlovesz74

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:43:13 PM

I bought an S3+ from B9. I have it for around 2 weeks now. And suddenly one of the blades just stop working. Does anyone have the same issue? Do you know a fix??

GoldReserve Donation Acc: BTC: 16g8LVMpKAREXXQNRTUkxDNCoBykouTFZ9
GoldReserve Donation Acc: XGR: GftR1m2Gh8RPsNbQBZZ2xYHbWa7ps2dp8e
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 03:58:55 PM

Replied questions:

1. S4 is compatible with p2pool?
Yes

2. When do we release the latest firmware?
Engineers have released one version of firmware merged cgminer 4.6.1 today, which is now being tested. And we will upload it to bitmaintech.com when it is tested running stably.
Please PM us if you have any request about current verson firmware.

3. how to upgrade latest firmware  to S2?
 Now the latest firmware for S3 and S4 is ready to be released soon, that one for S2 is being developed. Stay tuned here.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:00:41 PM

I bought an S3+ from B9. I have it for around 2 weeks now. And suddenly one of the blades just stop working. Does anyone have the same issue? Do you know a fix??

Hi,
Our customer service team will contact you ASAP.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:03:10 PM

BITMAIN, thanks for popping by!

And when is:
1. The S1 upgrade kit going back on sale.?
2. S3 Batch 10 going on sale?

Also, can we order spare control boards for S1 and fans from Bitmain? Where do we do that?

PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 05:05:51 PM

Replied questions:

Yes

Engineers have released one version of firmware merged cgminer 4.6.1 today, which is now being tested. And we will upload it to bitmaintech.com when it is tested running stably.

3. how to upgrade latest firmware  to S2?
 Now the latest firmware for S3 and S4 is ready to be released soon, that one for S2 is being developed. Stay tuned here.

Bitmain, you promised this 7 weeks ago....... Roll Eyes

Since then you have released two firmware releases both containing the older, security vulnerable cgminer versions.......as well as using it in these S4's.........

I have S2's that I can't get spares for, despite you having 100's of them hashing away in your premises. I was told to wait for the upgrade kits by you in an email, only to be told the very next day that you won't be doing them anymore, so instead you offer a $200 coupon that runs out in 4 days for a vastly overpriced miner that has untested firmware & the same security issues in it as all your other miners have......what on earth are you thinking?

Too many broken promises Bitmain, resulting in me having miners that are unusable due to lack of spares, and even the ones that are working aren't safe from exploitation. There is absolutely no way I will buy an S4 in it's current state at that price, meaning I've also lost the $200 dollar coupons you issued as a "we're sorry" gesture.

You seriously need to sort your business out - I'm completely sick & tired of hearing the same thing over & over again but nothing being done.

Your reputation is on the line here Bitmain, I suggest you start treating your customers like customers, not as some kind of never ending money supply!!

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 06:34:57 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 06:56:30 PM by BitmainWarranty

Sent you PM, please contact us, so we can resolve your issue.

Please contact 1-844-248-6246 to speak with one of the live tech support guys or send e-mail to info@bitmaintech.com

What we need:

Your Bitmaintech.com Order Confirmation Page (PDF or printed or copy and paste)
Brief description of what is wrong with the unit.
We need your return shipping address with a phone number and e-mail address.  (If we need to, the best time to call you)

You can return defective unit with the above information printed to:

Bitmain Warranty
3700 Quebec St. #100239
Denver, Colorado 80207
USA

Telephone: +1-844-248-6246

*Please use a service with a tracking #.  A possibility of Local Drop Off in Denver, Colorado area is considered at this time, however, we are not accepting the in-person drop off.  Please ship the package to the above address for now.

*If you have purchased the Antminer Products from else where, such as Ebay, Amazon, or craigslist or some forum, you may still be eligible for the warranty but even you were not eligible for the warranty, we may quote you for the repair parts cost to restore your units. (even back to S1)

Please run self diagnostic before you send the unit back for the warranty, as often time, it turns out to be a mis-configured unit rather than it being defective.  Misconfigured unit will cost you the return shipping fee and flat rate diagnostic fee and return shipping @ $50 per miner. (Return Shipping fee included)

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
PatMan

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 03:25:24 AM

Replied questions:

Yes

Can anyone confirm this? Anyone tried?

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
ThatsMe

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:52:59 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 07:52:47 AM by ThatsMe

OK Bitmain, if your Listening. I have my s1 upgrade kits. I've got 1 mounted and wanted to get it running before I started on the other one. This is what I'm getting. A whole lot of 0 GH/s. I've looked through the forum to see if anyone else ran across this issue. I either didn't see it or no one else posted this issue. I've flashed to the latest firmware. I've rebooted a couple of times. The heat sinks get not really hot but more than just warm. Any Thoughts?
http://imgur.com/tno7sO7

Edit:
I'm so glad I decided to get screwed. I put my second S1 upgrade kit together. It's hashing at a whopping 76 GH/s. I guess I can't complain though, It is actually giving me some GHs. I don't know what I did wrong, but it looks like I'll be putting the s1's back together tomorrow. Sure could use some help.
http://imgur.com/ogk39PW
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 08:10:53 AM

Please try downloading the most recent S3+ firmware from Bitmaintech.com website Support Page

https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/antMiner_S320140826.bin

Then, please log into the web control panel and Click on System Tab.  You will see "Upgrade" tab

Inside the Upgrade Tab page, you will see "Flash new firmware image"

Please uncheck, "Keep settings:"

Then select the firmware file you downloaded from the Bitmaintech.com site and hit "Flush Image"

This should bring the frequency to be the right speed.  225mhz or 218.75

The frequency is no longer displayed is a concerns, but you can change it to hash correctly. 

OK Bitmain, if your Listening. I have my s1 upgrade kits. I've got 1 mounted and wanted to get it running before I started on the other one. This is what I'm getting. A whole lot of 0 GH/s. I've looked through the forum to see if anyone else ran across this issue. I either didn't see it or no one else posted this issue. I've flashed to the latest firmware. I've rebooted a couple of times. The heat sinks get not really hot but more than just warm. Any Thoughts?
http://imgur.com/tno7sO7

Edit:
I'm so glad I decided to get screwed. I put my second S1 upgrade kit together. It's hashing at a whopping 76 GH/s. I guess I can't complain though, It is actually giving me some GHs. I don't know what I did wrong, but it looks like I'll be putting the s1's back together tomorrow. Sure could use some help.
http://imgur.com/ogk39PW

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
ThatsMe

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:53:00 PM

Please try downloading the most recent S3+ firmware from Bitmaintech.com website Support Page

Then, please log into the web control panel and Click on System Tab.  You will see "Upgrade" tab

Then select the firmware file you downloaded from the Bitmaintech.com site and hit "Flush Image"

This should bring the frequency to be the right speed.  225mhz or 218.75

The frequency is no longer displayed is a concerns, but you can change it to hash correctly. 

Well, they've been flashing for about an hour and a half now. The first time I flashed them it only took a few minutes. Is their any thing I could do to get it done? I don't want to brick the controller by power cycling it the middle of a flash. 
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 05:13:49 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 05:40:58 PM by pekatete

Then, please log into the web control panel and Click on System Tab.  You will see "Upgrade" tab

This should bring the frequency to be the right speed.  225mhz or 218.75

Well, they've been flashing for about an hour and a half now. The first time I flashed them it only took a few minutes. Is their any thing I could do to get it done? I don't want to brick the controller by power cycling it the middle of a flash.  
You have encountered one of the tricky bits of antminer firmware flushing here.
The flushing finished a long time ago and the miners restarted, however, they did this on the default IP AND with the network set to Static IP (that is the consequence of unchecking the Keep Settings box). The reason you are still waiting for them to finish is because your browser is pointed to the IP they had before you began flushing ... and obviously, this has changed!

1. make sure you did NOT have any other working rig connected to your router with the default IP (i.e 192.168.1.99)
2. If you flushed multiple rigs, power them all off, or if as you say you are afraid, just log into one via the default IP
3. Soon as you log in, browse to the network and change to DHCP client (it should start hashing straight away, but I would reboot).
4. Do this for the other rigs.

PS. Because all the flushed rigs are on the same IP, you may not be able to log into any, in which case, you MUST power cycle them, but do them 1 by 1, changing their network settings as you bring them up.

EDIT: - To Bitmain => This is an area you need to address in your firmware flushing routine. It is OK to overwrite settings, but can there be a choice to retain the network settings and / or set the firmware to default to DHCP rather than a static IP as is the case now.

ThatsMe

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:32:39 PM

You have encountered one of the tricky bits of antminer firmware flushing here.
The flushing finished a long time ago and the miners restarted, however, they did this on the default IP AND with the network set to Static IP (that is the consequence of unchecking the Keep Settings box). The reason you are still waiting for them to finish is because your browser is pointed to the IP they had before you began flushing ... and obviously, this has changed!

1. make sure you did NOT have any other working rig connected to your router with the default IP (i.e 192.168.1.99)
2. If you flushed multiple rigs, power them all off, or if as you say you are afraid, just log into one via the default IP
3. Soon as you log in, browse to the network and change to DHCP client (it should start hashing straight away, but I would reboot).
4. Do this for the other rigs.

PS. Because all the flushed rigs are on the same IP, you may not be able to log into any, in which case, you MUST power cycle them, but do them 1 by 1, changing their network settings as you bring them up.

EDIT: - To Bitmain => This is an area you need to address in your firmware flushing routine. It is OK to overwrite settings, but can there be a choice to retain the network settings and / or set the firmware to default to DHCP rather than a static IP as is the case now.

Thanks Pekatete. The're up and running for me now. They were mining for bitmain for about two and a half hours.

Yes Bitmain, some detailed instructions would be very helpful. I went from being a bitmain fan to wanting to sell off my bitmain equipment and going with AM tubes. All it took is ordering directly from bitmain. First the thermal paste fiasco, it was on your website when I placed my order and I didn't find out you weren't shipping it until I sent you and email asking why it wasen't in my box. Now, you let your customers unknowingly mine for you because you can't send instructions with your product. Maybe that was your goal. My 8 s1's came from ebay. They might be back on there shortly. I realize it's not a lot, but it's what I have. Instead of selling 6 more upgrade kits, and possibility more equipment in the future, you've lost a customer. Congratulations.
PatMan

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 01:12:08 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 11:14:42 AM by PatMan

Replied questions:

Yes

3. how to upgrade latest firmware  to S2?

So, in reality:

1.  S4 is compatible with p2pool?
NO

2.  When do we release the latest firmware?
Engineers have released one version of firmware merged cgminer 4.6.1 today, and we will upload it to bitmaintech.com without testing it at all to make sure it works & is flashable.

3. how to upgrade latest firmware  to S2?
7 weeks ago we said in 2 weeks. So maybe in 2 weeks.

bigD27

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:30:27 AM

Now is this just me but have bitmain lost alot of its mojo.....every batch is essentially a pre-order....they mine with the hardware first. We send btc to pre-order that covers there electric costs plus some profit. After difficulty increases we then get shipped the hardware. Fotgot that my new tattoo says mug on my forehead. As a serious home miner I cannot make any headway with bitmain hardware anymore unless I plough hard fiat again into buying the s4 rigs as they are still on sale.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:32:30 AM

Just stop buying mining hardware. At least from Bitmain.  Grin

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
topdawg_swe

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:49:30 AM

Can anyone provide a solid reason why to buy the S4??

I guess Bitmain won´t be selling the S3 or the S1 upgrades (I have some defective S1s) until they have sold their S4 mining farm...
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: