Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRE [ANN] CureCoin development continues....  (Read 94917 times)
FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:16:21 AM

Phase 1
Today I start fundraising to get the promotion of CureCoin off the ground. If you would like to see the marketing for this coin go viral; I would suggest donating as 100% of the proceeds go towards marketing campaigns. First step is to try and get us on the sponsor list for the BTC conference 2014 in Chicago. Here is a list of the donor hierarchy.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/225648825/NABC-Chicago-Sponsorship-Info-19-5-2014
I will not be taking any profit or cut from this as 100% of donations will directly go towards this.
WHY? Great question. We have in our midst a coin actually worth something; a real modern miracle. As the Dev. Team grows stronger the coin will grow by itself. However nothing like adding fuel to the fire. Since at this conference there will not only be Forbes, Wall Street Journal, a lot of press and large investors, but a vast majority of other crypto enthusiasts. Of course following their interest is further support and volume into the coin.  Assuming we have at least a booth set up minimum. We already have top designers and digital artists at our disposal for press and promotions. The real goal is to reach the premier donor list, which comes with the added benefit of having CureCoin logo splashed across the conference on every piece of written literature and banners from napkins to ID badges.

Goals: To get a booth set up we will need $2000 or roughly 4 BTC just for the booth. To hit premier sponsor we will need $25,000 or roughly 50 BTC.
Why don’t I just buy coin to maximize my investment? Another great question, if you’re already holding CureCoin, the amount you would buy will not change current prices. However if we are able to make the premier spot, very big players will become more interested as we were able to raise this amount through the coins support alone. More volume in the coin, more transactions per day, more folds per day and work units are completed.  THE CLOSER WE GET TO THE CURE.
BTC address, 1NyS35o4FSt5YNNgbfbLjCiMZZ3HssxCsB

Phase 2
   Any leftover donations will be used towards future marketing which is already lined up and with aid, in development. We already have approval from three different “Race for the Cure” events as sponsors and hosts. These 5k – half marathon races are great for raising awareness and general knowledge of CureCoin.  This plans to be a multi-national campaign as we now have connections in New Zealand and Australia. If you know of any other great ideas or input feel free to contact me as I am always excited to make new connections.
Just to prove that I have permission to do this and I am not here to scam anyone. I will remain completely open with my identity.
Jakewiser22@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/jake.wiser.5
1-801-598-8949
Feel free to contact me anytime I’ll get back to you ASAP.
Also if you will be donating 0.5 BTC or more please contact me first as you will be receiving a custom CureCoin t-shirt with any name you choose to be printed on it as well as special thanks and promotional swag. Open discussion for a CureCoin transaction depending on your support .

Go CureCoin!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:36:07 AM

Big ambitions!  Smiley
defier

Activity: 197

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:42:59 PM

I've been folding almost 2 weeks now.  A couple hundred work units and 90k points.  Nothing is showing in the cryptobullionmining dashboard.
I sent an email to cryptobullionmining@gmail.com late last week no response that I've seen.  Tried signing up on the curecoin.us board but it wanted me to verify team name and number. I didn't join a team yet so all I had was, Team 0 and no name.
Thanks
ktbken

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 12:35:46 AM

I've been folding almost 2 weeks now.  A couple hundred work units and 90k points.  Nothing is showing in the cryptobullionmining dashboard.
I sent an email to cryptobullionmining@gmail.com late last week no response that I've seen.  Tried signing up on the curecoin.us board but it wanted me to verify team name and number. I didn't join a team yet so all I had was, Team 0 and no name.
Thanks

you need to be in the cure coin team to get paid on the pool

from getting started on the pool here https://www.cryptobullionpools.com/gettingstarted

Multi-coin pools - http://united-miners.com - IRC  freenode #united-miners
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:04:52 AM

I've been folding almost 2 weeks now.  A couple hundred work units and 90k points.  Nothing is showing in the cryptobullionmining dashboard.
I sent an email to cryptobullionmining@gmail.com late last week no response that I've seen.  Tried signing up on the curecoin.us board but it wanted me to verify team name and number. I didn't join a team yet so all I had was, Team 0 and no name.
Thanks

Hey defier, looks like you need to sign up at cryptobullionpools.com. Send me a CUR address, and I'll send you a few CUR for your time without payouts. Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
defier

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Thanks

Hey defier, looks like you need to sign up at cryptobullionpools.com. Send me a CUR address, and I'll send you a few CUR for your time without payouts. Smiley

Cool,
I signed up on cryptobullionppols during setup, but never joined a team.  Didn't read anywhere that a team was mandatory.  The web control now says, points going to curecoin's team total now.  I suspect it will be a day or so before they start showing on the CBPs dashboard.

So any earnings from folding done on Team 0, are what?  Lost to the chain forever?  Never actually existed?  I like to be at least partially educated when recruiting people to curecoin.
Thanks

BRJX24F7fCqMJuzkmzqHrMhkgkDc4hWaAo
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:41:59 AM

Thanks

Cool,
I signed up on cryptobullionppols during setup, but never joined a team.  Didn't read anywhere that a team was mandatory.  The web control now says, points going to curecoin's team total now.  I suspect it will be a day or so before they start showing on the CBPs dashboard.

So any earnings from folding done on Team 0, are what?  Lost to the chain forever?  Never actually existed?  I like to be at least partially educated when recruiting people to curecoin.
Thanks

Yup, up to 48 hours (depending on timing) for WUs to be credited on our end. Sent a few CURE Smiley

Those points basically went to an aggregate group, which just isn't counted in our stats collection. Still had scientific benefit though, of course!

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
mattd83

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:10:21 AM

Was wondering if anybody knew of any P2Pool or P2Pool networks.* files that were floating around? Would be interested in creating a P2Pool node for it since the diff is so high. Plus the returns are better than pools.
Regards,
Matt
defier

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:53:53 AM

Thanks

Cool,

Thanks

Yup, up to 48 hours (depending on timing) for WUs to be credited on our end. Sent a few CURE Smiley

Those points basically went to an aggregate group, which just isn't counted in our stats collection. Still had scientific benefit though, of course!

Very cool Thanks again!  Points are now being reported to cryptobullionpools.
cookiemonster7

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cookie...Cookie.

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:01:29 AM

Curecoin is up for vote on Coinwarz.com, anny votes go a long way to get this coin going.

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

-  “Genius is fine for the ignition spark, but to get there someone has to see that the radiator doesn't leak and no tire is flat.”
cryptoconomist

Activity: 226

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:06:02 PM

make it work with Trezor please dev

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122438.0

thanks,
cryptoconomist

Activity: 226

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:00:50 AM

make it work with Trezor please dev

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122438.0

thanks,

Any luck on the above?

If you want people to invest in Curecoin this is a must...

please dev. make this one of your priority

thanks,

freebird

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:04:58 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm a SolarCoin supporter and always looking for other cryptocurrencies that have a positive mission to help the world. There are very few.

I recently heard of CureCoin and am impressed with your idea.

I read a couple of articles on CoinDesk from just a few days ago which mention the concept of CureCoin -- mining for proteins via the Folding@home project -- but which say that this idea has not yet been implemented. These articles do not actually mention CureCoin, so it sounds like they've never heard of it.

Computational power can be used for other things, such as distributed protein folding and searching for patterns in extraterrestrial radio signals. The problem is that computing tasks like these aren’t the same types of task as solving the cryptography problems intrinsic to cryptocurrency production, and no one seems to have worked out a way to marry the two so far. This means curing cancer or AIDS, while also mining digital coins isn’t a reality.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/cryptocurrency-mining-help-archive-societys-important-data/

Stanford University professor Vijay Pande would like coin miners’ help with his scientific project, Folding@home, which uses donated computing power to help find cures for devastating diseases. He also helps run the Stanford Bitcoin Group, which conducts research into Bitcoin theory and applications.

“There are multiple people emailing me describing the natural synergies between Folding@home and the way Bitcoin works,” he said. ...

Ultimately, as one bright spot on a Reddit thread suggested, someone would develop a crypto currency that could solve scientific problems during the mining process – effectively solving problems for professors while also finding coins. This is much harder than it looks, warns Pande.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/should-you-mine-for-profit-or-proteins/

Based on reading these articles, I must ask, has CureCoin already implemented this great leap forward and CoinDesk just doesn't know about it yet? Or is CureCoin advertising itself as something that it's really not? Do people really get mining rewards of CureCoins while using their computing power for Folding@home?

I look forward to replies from the CureCoin community. Thank you!  Smiley

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 08:27:48 AM

Yes I've been folding for coins for a while

Simply set your team and collect your coins

r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:14:18 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a SolarCoin supporter and always looking for other cryptocurrencies that have a positive mission to help the world. There are very few.

I read a couple of articles on CoinDesk from just a few days ago which mention the concept of CureCoin -- mining for proteins via the Folding@home project -- but which say that this idea has not yet been implemented. These articles do not actually mention CureCoin, so it sounds like they've never heard of it.

Computational power can be used for other things, such as distributed protein folding and searching for patterns in extraterrestrial radio signals. The problem is that computing tasks like these aren’t the same types of task as solving the cryptography problems intrinsic to cryptocurrency production, and no one seems to have worked out a way to marry the two so far. This means curing cancer or AIDS, while also mining digital coins isn’t a reality.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/cryptocurrency-mining-help-archive-societys-important-data/

Stanford University professor Vijay Pande would like coin miners’ help with his scientific project, Folding@home, which uses donated computing power to help find cures for devastating diseases. He also helps run the Stanford Bitcoin Group, which conducts research into Bitcoin theory and applications.

“There are multiple people emailing me describing the natural synergies between Folding@home and the way Bitcoin works,” he said. ...

Ultimately, as one bright spot on a Reddit thread suggested, someone would develop a crypto currency that could solve scientific problems during the mining process – effectively solving problems for professors while also finding coins. This is much harder than it looks, warns Pande.

Based on reading these articles, I must ask, has CureCoin already implemented this great leap forward and CoinDesk just doesn't know about it yet? Or is CureCoin advertising itself as something that it's really not? Do people really get mining rewards of CureCoins while using their computing power for Folding@home?

Ello,

The bigger curecoin thread is here (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.0).

I know a few people including myself have emailed coindesk (I'm not a dev) the last few weeks but to no avail so far.
yorll

Activity: 873

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:05:11 PM

Someone is cheating on votes curecoin in coinwarz ..
antolinicio1

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:48:36 PM

lol no problem, ill send a new email to the support

Long Bitcoin , Short the Bankers
freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:00:27 PM

Hi everyone,

Ello,

The bigger curecoin thread is here (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.0).

I know a few people including myself have emailed coindesk (I'm not a dev) the last few weeks but to no avail so far.

Thank you. I'll check out the other thread.

It's surprising and somewhat disturbing that coins with a scientific and humanitarian purpose like this one don't get more attention. The pump-and-dumps seem to get most of the trading volume and big market caps. As a fellow supporter of cryptocurrencies with conscience, I wish much success to CureCoin and will probably buy some.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 07:42:41 AM

The one issue is that curecoin will always be centralized. Even if we get fah to sign points so our wallet gets its own coins vs coins being distributed by the developers, we hit it being centralized by fah who can issue coins to anyone at anytime by typing in points.

Sadly nothing can replace pow in Bitcoin for a universal currency where you have powerful governments at play.

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:57:15 AM

I'm going to guess some part of this is not open source. Am I right?

Anyway, great project, wish it all the best.

PKKZ8kdjcfd6w3z2uxg8wR1AUDui1gJ2J1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: