Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:32:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PXC] Phoenixcoin v0.6.6.2 ~ NeoScrypt Original ~ 10 Years Old  (Read 135975 times)
lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 02:32:51 PM

Upon attempting to withdraw coins from Safecex I'm often getting "Transaction creation failed" errors. Probable cause is wallet attempting to pick too many unspent inputs and ending up with too big transaction, unable to recover from problem. Such things should not happen, wallet should not insist on unspent inputs which are oldest or are highest priority but try to use all unspent inputs before finaly giving up. So it should try with oldest or highest priority ones, if unable to create transaction try with newer or high priority ones and then if still unable to create transaction use whatever it takes to eventualy create it. If nothing works only then give up and post "Unable to create transaction, please withdraw less coins". Could such fix be added to PXC?

First attempt was failure.
Second attempt was failure.
Third attempt worked.

The same amount of coins was used with all three attempts which means wallet can actualy create transaction but it is plain stupid and requires human interventions, not good enough for year 2016.
Your right, a lot of wallet have this problem. As a pool operator, I see this often.

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 03:07:17 PM

Upon attempting to withdraw coins from Safecex I'm often getting "Transaction creation failed" errors. Probable cause is wallet attempting to pick too many unspent inputs and ending up with too big transaction, unable to recover from problem. Such things should not happen, wallet should not insist on unspent inputs which are oldest or are highest priority but try to use all unspent inputs before finaly giving up. So it should try with oldest or highest priority ones, if unable to create transaction try with newer or high priority ones and then if still unable to create transaction use whatever it takes to eventualy create it. If nothing works only then give up and post "Unable to create transaction, please withdraw less coins". Could such fix be added to PXC?

Third attempt worked.

The same amount of coins was used with all three attempts which means wallet can actualy create transaction but it is plain stupid and requires human interventions, not good enough for year 2016.

It happens with mining pools often. They have balance to pay, but their inputs are low priority due to age and require a fee. Pools charge a base fee on withdrawals, for example, 0.1 PXC. However it may not be enough for transactions with many inputs which require fees up to a few PXC due to size. It's possible between the 2nd and 3rd withdrawal attempt enough inputs have matured to make a high priority transaction or the transaction size decreased due to new blocks matured.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 04:07:56 PM

WTB a few million PXC @ 15 sats per coin. PM me your offers.
SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:12:09 PM

Third attempt worked.

It happens with mining pools often. They have balance to pay, but their inputs are low priority due to age and require a fee. Pools charge a base fee on withdrawals, for example, 0.1 PXC. However it may not be enough for transactions with many inputs which require fees up to a few PXC due to size. It's possible between the 2nd and 3rd withdrawal attempt enough inputs have matured to make a high priority transaction or the transaction size decreased due to new blocks matured.

I am aware of all you posted but I was withdrawing coins from exchange. But even with mining pool scenario wallet could act more inteligently, for example if it tries all unspent inputs but it still can't create transaction it could pop-up message saying "Can't create transaction for 100,000 coins but I can create transaction for 20,000 coins so press OK to withdraw 20,000 coins or Cancel to abort". Compared to that "Transaction creation failed" occuring randomly sounds like alpha-stage coin at the time when some other coins almost landed to Moon.
SISAR

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 09:33:40 AM

Good luck, it took me 6+ months buying 15 to 50 Satoshis range to collect 1 million coins. You might actualy be better with mining, difficulty is low and there are still 70k blocks untill reward halving.
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:33:03 AM

Good luck, it took me 6+ months buying 15 to 50 Satoshis range to collect 1 million coins. You might actualy be better with mining, difficulty is low and there are still 70k blocks untill reward halving.

I get it, but if anyone wants to close their position in this coin, I don't mind buying some.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 05:17:52 PM

What's supply at now for PXC?  Nearly 2 years ago I pleaded to have the max cap cut back but it didn't get any traction.  either way, hopefully something really is going on here.  definitely a long shot.  thx!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
SISAR

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:02:55 PM

What's supply at now for PXC?  Nearly 2 years ago I pleaded to have the max cap cut back but it didn't get any traction.  either way, hopefully something really is going on here.  definitely a long shot.  thx!

Total 98 million coins, mined so far 44.5 millions, halving from 50 to 25 coins per block coming in few months (less than 70k blocks to go). Just use links at the starting post for any other details.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 09:09:35 PM

What's supply at now for PXC?  Nearly 2 years ago I pleaded to have the max cap cut back but it didn't get any traction.  either way, hopefully something really is going on here.  definitely a long shot.  thx!

Total 98 million coins, mined so far 44.5 millions, halving from 50 to 25 coins per block coming in few months (less than 70k blocks to go). Just use links at the starting post for any other details.

wow, it got that high.  last year it was at 22 million when I tried to get the devs to cut the cap to under 30 million.  wow, massive inflation.  oh well, it would still be nice to see this coin go up.  thanks and good luck.

SISAR

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:26:02 PM

wow, it got that high.  last year it was at 22 million when I tried to get the devs to cut the cap to under 30 million.  wow, massive inflation.  oh well, it would still be nice to see this coin go up.  thanks and good luck.

Well, even at 50 million coins with current price marketcap would be just 7.5 BTC so it is sort of irrelevant how big is inflation right now. It takes just like 0.0072 BTC to buy all coins mined per day.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 11:26:47 AM

wow, it got that high.  last year it was at 22 million when I tried to get the devs to cut the cap to under 30 million.  wow, massive inflation.  oh well, it would still be nice to see this coin go up.  thanks and good luck.

Changes in coin basics like total supply without a very good reason are a bad way to go. Although I've seen many scams and rogue development tricks in the last years including this one. They erode trust in developers. Do you remember when PXC has started to go down? When Mike Burns in one day halved block time without halving block reward what meant double inflation speed. Early August of 2013. Many people dumped their coins and left for good.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 12:35:12 PM

Changes in coin basics like total supply without a very good reason are a bad way to go. Although I've seen many scams and rogue development tricks in the last years including this one. They erode trust in developers. Do you remember when PXC has started to go down? When Mike Burns in one day halved block time without halving block reward what meant double inflation speed. Early August of 2013. Many people dumped their coins and left for good.

That is a good point although stocks do buy-backs all the time which is what cutting the max cap is.  But I see the value in remaining consistent with the code. 

I didn't follow pxc that closely so I didn't know that.  In a way it's good to have gotten the inflation out of the way; although I can't believe the price has hit such an unbelievable low. 

Cheers!

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 12:42:51 PM

Well, the price was somewhere about 100 sats before Cryptsy started to go crap. People converted their balance into other altcoins which they could withdraw and dump for BTC elsewhere. PXC wasn't traded anywhere else (Cryptopia had no volume basically), so they dumped PXC straight at Cryptsy.

SISAR

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:11:58 PM

I didn't follow pxc that closely so I didn't know that.

http://wiki.cryptsy.com/pxc
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 09:31:31 PM

I have released NSGminer v0.9.2 with performance improvements up to 100%.

SISAR

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 06:44:54 PM

Up to 100% holy cow, where that came from? Have you found the way to tap into black matter?  Grin
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 08:11:09 PM

Up to 100% holy cow, where that came from? Have you found the way to tap into black matter?  Grin

No, worked around bad drivers Smiley

SISAR

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:59:20 PM

Funny times, there is a new improved miner but difficulty is more or less the same as before which means those mining now are getting more coins per W invested yet very few are actualy selling. Profitability of mining is much higher than before and buy orders are 50% higher than before but trade volume is insignificant, how come? So what is next, epic pump up to parity with Bitcoin?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 11:49:37 PM

Funny times, there is a new improved miner but difficulty is more or less the same as before which means those mining now are getting more coins per W invested yet very few are actualy selling. Profitability of mining is much higher than before and buy orders are 50% higher than before but trade volume is insignificant, how come? So what is next, epic pump up to parity with Bitcoin?

That Would be the most insane thing I've ever seen in cryptoworld [and I have seen pure madness a few times].  lol

This coin had a huge run at one point so I think it has potential.  If this conspiracy theory is even plausible then I can't even imagine. 

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 09:44:16 PM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 01:10:15 PM by ghostlander

The web site has been updated. Most downloads moved to GitHub, so Google gets happy in their way finally. They flag my mining software as malware and ban the whole domain name with its subdomains. You can appeal, but they don't even read what you say.

UPD: I've got an email from Google. They have removed phoenixcoin.org from their list of malware sites.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: