Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:29:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is better a Long term or Short term investment?  (Read 3702 times)
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:06:04 AM

For those who experienced investing in criptocurrency, our market are already go back in the normal situation. Noting to worrt or ba panic. But for those who had currently invested are you afraid when you woke up and you try to look in the market and all criptos slowly falling down. What are you going to do?  Hold or Sell?

Can you give me an advice what is the best way to invest?

What do you choose a long term investment or a short time investment?

Share your opinions

Thank you in advance.
Long term If you don’t have time to watch the fluctuation and if you don’t have sense what is exact lowest price and high price at short time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
langdong

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:21:28 AM

I use short term gains to increase my long term positions :d And I'm not holding any BTC or ETH atm.
You can't just say what is better. It depends. But I'm rather in for the long term.
micheal wang

Activity: 212
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:24:11 AM

For those who experienced investing in criptocurrency, our market are already go back in the normal situation. Noting to worrt or ba panic. But for those who had currently invested are you afraid when you woke up and you try to look in the market and all criptos slowly falling down. What are you going to do?  Hold or Sell?
I'll sell my investment, although the price will comeback but it need a long time, so I will sell and if the price contiune to increase like bull market I will buy my investment with quickly. Indeed, I will lose my money because I sell when the price goes down, but I buy when the price at the lower price or in the deep price.
The best thing to invested your money is, you have a more time for see the price movement and you have to learn how to invest, let see the experience people who succes investing in cryptocurrency to make raced for getting profit.
I'll choose both, I'll devide my capital half for long term investment and half for short term investment.
Darerando

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:14:18 AM

AS long you have the experience on how the market works, you can buy a coin that have the potential enough to turn a profit, in long term investment.
I guess long term investment is the best.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:55:25 AM

The investment for a long term is better for currencies like bitcoin, ethereum. Then large price fluctuations are of less importance when investing in long term. When investing on  short term, it's worth finding coins that will give you a big profit in a short time. Which solution is better depends on the individual strategy.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:23:41 PM

Hodl. Its obvious that if you sell you will lose your money therefore its better to wait and refrain yourself to frequently monitor the price so it wont stress you and to avoid panic selling.

This depend on your strategies and the coin you're going to hodl. Buying in times of dips are the right timing to start investing, dont ever buy when the price is at the peak price that's the usual mistake of newbies.

Long term, I prefer to set a target price on when to sell my coins, however I dont forget to take profit at times when needed. I believe long term hodling is profitable compared to short term but some investors find it otherwise. There are also coins that is not worthy to hodl for long term that's why its important to do an extensive research before investing if you dont want to end up losing your capital.

bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:25:34 PM

The investment for a long term is better for currencies like bitcoin, ethereum. Then large price fluctuations are of less importance when investing in long term. When investing on  short term, it's worth finding coins that will give you a big profit in a short time. Which solution is better depends on the individual strategy.
Of course, if you go for a long term then everybody will suggest only BTC and ETH because these are high trusted coins in this digital market and these coins already proved that holders can make a profit if they keep it for a long time. Short term investment is risky we can't suggest any coin because we can't predict which is going to pump and dump. better you can pick your fav coins.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:50:00 PM

Honestly, before everything, you must have a futuristic vision about what you want exactly, because it is unfortunate that many people  start  in the field of investment  without a strategy,  plan  and  even a vision, their only goal is to profit a lot of money and this leads to significant financial losses to this category of people.

As a matter of fact, with regard to your question. In general,  the profit will be very acceptable in a  long term, especially for some crytpocurrencies who have a  weak price and a huge value of Market cap ( for example, Ripple (XRP) , Cardano (ADA) ..).  And even for those currencies who have a huge value of price, market cap ( Like, Bitcoin , Ethereum..). And I do not advise  you to invest in the short term.
okan

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:08:03 PM

I use short term gains to increase my long term positions :d And I'm not holding any BTC or ETH atm.
You can't just say what is better. It depends. But I'm rather in for the long term.

long term : ethereum of course. i am pretty sure ethereum will pass over btc
short term: kin. you can gain big orfoit from sell and buy in this coin
AntoCokbun

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:20:19 PM

I really can not tell you exactly for you because holding or selling will really depend on what kind of coins we have and also the current market situation.
but for big coin coins like bitcoin and ethereum I think long term investment would be a very good choice

gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:27:43 PM

my long term trades can become short-term depending on the situation if I foresee that the coin will drop definitely I will sell. during bear markets, I got more profit on short-term.

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:44:26 PM

my long term trades can become short-term depending on the situation if I foresee that the coin will drop definitely I will sell. during bear markets, I got more profit on short-term.
It depends on the coins you are holding with. We may hold it for long term or short term investment, that's good if we see the price will definitely drops and no support ar all sell it for the profit. As long we are comfortable to trade for long or short it is good that at the end we can earn on our investment.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 02:58:56 PM

I think that beginners should go for long-term investment, it wouldn't be suitable for them to go for short-term investment. Because an experienced trader can judge the market properly and take decision accordingly, that a newbie can't.

jeda2000

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:18:31 PM

For long-term investments, it may be better to have your investment amount slightly higher than your situation. When you solve the problem of quantity, you can search for crypto money like BTC, ETH, XRP and give it dark. In the short vault (you should still wait for 6 months, though) you can go to the token like VEN, INS.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:02:32 PM

It can be an option because basically coin with popularity and also high trust can make us sure to invest. While I think there are still many strategies we can do, we can make short-term and long-term investments equally well, even in my opinion that trading can be anytime because the most important is that we can take the right momentum. So whatever the conditions we try to make a profit.
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:22:57 PM

well it to be honest it really depends upon on how much  your target profit is, if you're good on a decent earnings then short term will do, but if you want a big earnings then long term is a must, though its a hard and stressing activity, holding coins and hoping it will surge and skyrocket.

For beginners, investing in a long term is a better solution. Short term investment requires a lot of analytical knowledge and the market to be able to react quickly to changing the situation. That's why it's worth getting some knowledge and experience before.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Sid3d

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:55:08 PM

I still do not have confidence that the market has stabilized. Long-term investment seems to me to be too risky a step. Therefore, I would choose a short-term investment.
acmrl

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:00:59 PM

I'm long term investor and I think short term investment is more difficult then long term investment because it is very stressfull and you must track market everytime.
vetrovppp

Activity: 308
Merit: 107

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:38:41 PM

Everyone chooses a strategy for investing what he likes. For example, I like active trading, but I have some coins that I have kept for a long time. But my friend buys coins and holds them for a long time, and then sells everything and buys new coins. If you are a new person here, then it is better to invest you on a long term basis.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
teskostecenje

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:06:09 PM

That all depends of risk/reward ratio and how much risk you are willing to take.For short term its probably the best to  watch cryptocurrencty calendar so you can see when some altcoin have something improtant for it and sell on that pump.Long is simple buy btc and wait 100k to sell it Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: